What other children's cartoons would you like to see with adult versions?

What other children's cartoons would you like to see with adult versions?

Courage the cowardly dog would be a trip with the shit they could get away with on Adult Swim

>get to see the shit they couldn't draw/air or had to tone down for the kids

Yes.

Swat Kats, Invader Zim, Adventure Time/
I can't think of anymore right now though.

I was pretty disappointed to find out the new Invader Zim would be airing on Nickelodeon. I was hoping it would be picked up by Netflix or something so it could have more adult content.

What exactly couldn't they air? It didn't seem particularly toned down to me...

After the resounding failure of the new Samurai Jack season? None of them.

Gore for one

(You)

I'd liked to see them do a DC cartoon on there since CN usually kills them on arrival (TTGO the exception).

Swamp Thing
Hellblazer
Suicide Squad
Doom Patrol

>After the resounding failure of the new Samurai Jack season?
Except it isn't.

Either one

One of those actually concluded.

The barber one would have actual death instead of everyone turning into Brendan Fraser

>adult Adventure Time
That sounds like the stuff of nightmares. You're pretty much talking about A Boy and His Dog with some magic and an actual budget. Or just chucking magic into Fallout.

Isn't what?

With two villains hooking up last second for no reason.

Johnny Bravo

Imagine all the crazy shit that could be done. The dark, horrifying themes they could go with each episode.
Imagine the Lemongrab episodes x10^7

A failure. According to polls it's still a solid 8/10 season.

It would pretty much be Duke Nukem without guns

One of my favorite episodes is the organ harvesting one. That's probably the closest we'll ever get to Invader Zim with dark, adult concepts.

Legit serial killers and not just fake outs like the pig couple.

My favorite was when Zim tricked Dib into thinking he was some sort of Super Man, just to find out who threw the muffin at him.
Well that and the Inner-Body one, man that was awesome.

>nickelodeon ever giving up that IP
ha.

though they know their audience, they know it's mostly going to be 20-somethings tuning in for it so it's just a matter of how much they'll allow to keep the rating PG.

I'd even be satisfied with mild adult humor and pg-13 violence like the new SJ has. But seeing Zim perform real fucked up experients on humans would be a real treat.

It's a show about arguably the last human and his dog living a post-apocalyptic world with a bunch of glucose-based lifeforms, a horse that belongs to a species that eats people, a vampire, a lich, etc. You can't get much darker without just showing the killing.

Wasn't that like the only actual fake-out in the entire show, though? IIRC all the other villains were actually villains. It was unique that way.

Given how things have changed since then, we might see quite a bit more than we're expecting. If Spongebob can manage to be that gross when it doesn't even fit, I can't imagine what Nick might let this get away with.

Though I won't hold my breath. I'll still hold out hope for a PG-13 director's cut though. I'd buy the shit out of it.

>According to polls
You've learned nothing over the past few years, have you?

Katz is definitely a legit serial killer

>for no reason
Other than half the fanbase desperately shipping them, and being pissed we didn't even get a kiss?

You've either never watched Johnny Bravo or you've never played Duke Nukem

How else are you supposed to gather opinions from the majority?

Oh shit, for some reason I was thinking Duke never got any girls in the games. To be fair I've only ever seen my older cousin play it when I was like 8.

Ren & Stimpy

By having your own brain? Fucking shit, man.

ALL OF THEM

Are you sure about that?

courage the cowardly dog where its actually horrifying beyond psychological horror shit.

and dexters lab cuz i wanna see dee dee sexualized

Still the best animated cheesecake by far. As long as the comedy is the same I think Adult Party cartoon can work, honestly.

Home to the infamous "Ren Seeks Help" episode, known for being turning the "fucked up" dial up to 11, and staff having PTSD over this.

If adult version means shitty forced romantic interests, I'll choose none thank you.

On the one hand, I'd love to see what would happen in an adult version of Avatar. Even to the point of wanting an adult-oriented remake of ATLA.

On the other hand, LOK makes me very hesitant to trust Bryke with their own creation ever again.

But I have always wondered what would happen in a mature-rated Avatar cartoon. The knives and swords would actually be allowed to hit people, for starters, and the fire would actually burn.

Why would you want that?

this

thread over

Pic related

also, this

EVERYBODY
LOVES
SOMEBODY

Go meet a nice girl user. Your personal Ashi is out there :^)

I don't want an autistic bitch yelling at me and trying to kill me.

Ed eddn Eddy

>he doesn't want a qt3.14 autistic, leaf-wearing, orc-killing, monkey-jawed, big titted, half-demon, assassin Asian gf

Lmao fag

Fosters home for imaginary friends. Madam foster dies.
Mac is an adult.
Frankie is a middle aged mom.
Bloo deals with depression because the main characters have been adopted since the show ended.

Knowing Dilworth, you'd probably just see more blood and perhaps tasteful nudity

Kay then Mr Enter.

Jimmy Two Shoes

like it was supposed to be

Xiaolin Showdown 100%
That show has so much potential for a darker and more intricate story and character development

Chronicles was shit

This

I want to hear Kim Possible with her actual thick russian voice from the intro.

Without the parents, Ron, high school crap.
It would basically be a spy show, a lara croft animated series.

>Danny vs Kim Possible Death Battle
This would be an even bigger mismatch than Venom vs Bane. Danny can slay Gods.

The obvious ones are Megas XLR, Courage, and Invader Zim.

Swat Kats and Johnny Bravo would be pretty dope if they were executed in the right way.

As for Pirates of Dark Water I just want to see it finished whether its for adults or not.

>dexters lab
I could see it work

>resounding failure
Where ?
The show had great reviews, a shitton of viewers, and generally a very positive reception apart from autists at Sup Forums and tumblr bitching about their headcanons.
In case you don't get this, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's a failure.

It's not a commercial failure, because people will watch 10 episodes no matter how bad it is.

It was certainly a creative failure, but creative aspects of anything aren't known for Sup Forums retards.

I feel like I was the only one that groaned when they started talking about all the shit they could get away with on Adult Swim.

Did people watch Samurai Jack wishing there was real gore? I sure as hell didn't.

This isn't even about the commercial aspects. Again, like I said, the show has pulled great reviews and a positive reception, not to mention Genndy got to finally do the show the way he wanted to do it without rating restrictions and a final closure.
I know you desperately want to convince yourself the show is an objective failure because you think your opinions are fact but it's not a failure.
A dissapointment to some ? Yes (before you accuse me of thinking this season is perfect or calling me a Jashifag or whatever the fuck you screech whenever someone responds).
But that doesn't equal an actual failure.
I'm sorry to break it to you.

I'm surprised no one said pic related. That joker movie wasn't enough to conclude that series.

It isn't a failure because it's a long awaited conclusion made by the same people. It could not fail unless it was changed, like a lot.

I am sure as fuck that people won't remember this season as much as they remember the old ones, because it's weak and forgettable. I don't care about 10/10s on IMDB. It's a wasted opportunity and people should be disappointed, even if it's somewhat enjoyable. It wasn't hard to make the plot a lot better but somehow Genndy failed tremendously.

Also
>people claiming that this shit was going to save western animation industry

The only thing it did is cementing things further into the ground.