Name me a single cartoon that wouldn't work if the genders were reversed and tell me why

Name me a single cartoon that wouldn't work if the genders were reversed and tell me why.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WyDZUe_12ZM
youtube.com/watch?v=yqUMbnaRrlE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Kim Possible

Samurai Jill

Courage the Cowardly Dog

But we have Samurai Jack...

Powerpuff Boys

They wouldn't be able to beat the Rowdy Ruff Girls with kisses.

How?

Once upon a time....life

Johnny Bravo

Sleeping Beauty
The Lion King
The Simpsons

I M Weasel

My Man!
Although technically it would go for most of that franchise, as it would throw historical accuracy straight out the window.
youtube.com/watch?v=WyDZUe_12ZM

Duck Dodgers.

She-Zow would be a show about a girl who turns into a girl-themed superhero, so pretty meh.

>girl turns into a boy themed hero

I can't imagine the cluster fuck this would bring.

SJWs would be super salty about it

Women can't work together.

>They wouldn't be able to beat the Rowdy Ruff Girls with kisses.
They would and the shitstorm would be amazing

Kim Possible wouldn't work if you keep the characterization exactly the same. Boy Kim wouldn't be an appealing husbando and Girl Ron wouldn't provide balance since she would just be an insufferable Mary Sue.

I could see it working if you change it so that they fit the gender norms though (meaning just a show about an ideal guy and outcast girl).

Johnny Bravo

>Show about a Goddess looking woman getting turned down for being shallow

Too unrealistic, even for a cartoon.

Archer.

For one, most viewers would be uncomfortable with a female Sterling being ruined by her alcoholic father

Secondly, "female Sterling tries to find her real mother" would be a ridiculous premise even for Adam Reed

Third, male Pam, female Ray and female Cyril basically couldn't work as characters for obvious reasons

...though, a female Krieger would be pretty fucking interesting.

>implying the episode isn't about PPG kisses them when they try to stop them.
>then they don't bath in a whole week and PPG are goss out and not willing to kiss them anymore.

The episode that wouldn't work it's the one with the feminist criminal.

Ed, Edd n Eddy.

A girl con artist like Eddy? A lovable buffoon girl like Ed? Nah.. The only one that would work genderbent is Double D.

You're kidding, right? That sounds like an AWESOME premise.

Too bad feminists would never allow it...

The real reason it wouldn't work is because male Kankers, otherwise unchanged, would get the show cancelled

i gotta say, in describing why it wouldn't work you've actually given me some pretty good ideas, user.

The Rowdyruff Boys were allowed...

Those aren't even problems.
The real problem would be the Kanker brothers.
I mean I've seen boys trying to kiss girls in Middle School (it was usually one or two boys) and the girls running away saying, "GROSS!" But the Kanker brothers would feel even more rapey than the Kanker sisters do. Even if it's just teasing/trying to get them to freak out because they think it's funny.

archie. could you imagine a cartoon with a red head qt girl thats constantly having a hot blonde and black haired grills fight over her?

That's not a cartoon.
Go back to /r9k/.

Look, if they kept the same voice actors I would be all on board for a mini arc of reversed gender Archer characters.

Wow, that would be new.

consider the idea that certain types of threats are contextualized differently from others

Sweet fuck you're right. They'd be horrible to try and write for if you're trying to maintain their original characteristics without people going apeshit
Now I ask: what would female Rolf be like?

But that's wrong, aside from the reproduction/birth episodes.
Most of the characters represent things that don't even have a gender irl like goddamn blood cells or viruses, and it really doesn't matter if it's Pierre or Psi who breaks their leg skiing.

It's always nice to see it mentionned but dude, that might be the wrongest answer.

>tell me why
>90% of the answers are just names, with no information whatsoever

>Too bad feminists would never allow it...

Can you imagine the backlash at female Ed?

>SEXIST CARTOON NETWORK DEPICTS WOMEN AS STUPID WITH NO BRAINS AND THAT ARE GOOD FOR NOTHING.
>Written by Patricia Hernandez

/thread

what would HER be like?

Batwoman animated series?

Hulk Hogans rockin Wrestling.

Checked.

Ghostbusters

/thread
(again)

Female Ghostbusters is the reason female Ed, Edd and Eddy wouldnt work.

Women are not funny, especially for physical humor.

>what would female Rolf be like?
Ukranian Prostitute

Star Trek: TAS

If the Enterprise was male, it'd have to be German, and then you couldn't have non-Aryans onboard.

Spider-Man; Jameson would be on the news twelve times a day screeching about how Spider-Woman is a feminist rolemodel and how anyone who doesn't support her rampant vigilantism is a sexist pig

Cat-Dog

>Sterling why is there a penis in the sink

Dan Vs.

>Short, dumb, angry, PMS-ing woman ranting about dumb shit and plotting revenge all the time.
>Her best friend is an overeating pushover who is submissive to her husband.
>Said husband as a hyper-competent secret agent who would constantly threaten Danielle with physical violence whenever she does something dumb.
>Also the constant gay jokes between Danielle and Christine wouldn't work out. Gay jokes don't work well when it's girls.

They would be able to beat them with rape anyway.

You know, for a moment I forgot the all-female Ghostbusters remake was a thing at all, and was starting to think a genderbent Ghostbusters cartoon could work.

3 stooges had some good bits with women.
Damnit now i want 3 stooges genderbent shorts.

I think it could work.

This actually sounds amazing.
Wouldnt be allowed because SJWs, and gay girl jokes totally work but since it seems almost everyone here has a lesbian fetish for some reason you guys would just masturbate to it.

Sounds more like Sup Forums would wish sjw would get angry over it

Shezow

A little girl living with 3 grown men, one of which watches her sleep, instead of with her single mother. That would be Stephanie Universe.

*Nora Universe

Johnny Bravo

because all the guys would fuck her

berserk

oh.
because casco wouldn't get pregnant and femta would have a harder time raping him.

Puella magi madoka magica.

And one of the men also has extremely conflicted emotions about her.

>female ray

aww man why you have to give me a new fetish

Well Pepe Le Pew was a thing

Then again that was the 40s

Dick Figures
It already happened and it's awful.

A stereotypical dyke?

Billy and Mandy
The Grim Reaperess forced to be best friends with a retarded girl and a sociopathic boy who frequently beats the shit out of said girl and her black best friend(who has a crush on him)

Fem Nergal tho

Japs seem to get away in making every famous man into a cute little girls.

I couldn't see how either. Perhaps just naming random cartoons at the top of his head.

shit
i would watch it
youtube.com/watch?v=yqUMbnaRrlE
could you imagine this scene?

Any show with a female lead

Because it would become painfully clear that their characters are extremely shallow when you take away the gender deviation

Or straight up psychopathic beyond reasonable bounds

That's a character in the show.

Pepper Ann and Told by Ginger

And I guess Fem Sperg would be a tomboy daddy's girl

Zapp Brannigan

Star vs, it would have a lot of rapey scenes.

True, but those shows are usually not explicitly based on the idea of teaching history.

Gumball. The reasons depend on the season. I mean, it could works perfectly but a lot of people would get mad

phantom 2040

because it ruins the whole "superstitious cowardly criminals think it's just one white dude the whole time instead a whole family of white guys stretching for generations doing that crap" theme.

It'd be tumblr's favorite anime because of gender swapped Madoka and Homura.

FLCL

Came here to post this.
Tale of a pretty woman trying to flirt with guys and getting a fistful.

I could work if you change the setting or something

>They don't know about Dude-Pow
It's a literally a recurring character in the show, including all the opposite gender friends and villains.

>It could work if you change the entire show
Nope.

my little pony friendship is magic

They did that, it was called Kamen Rider Gaim.

Generator Rex
His personality wouldn't make sense as a girl and most people would be uncomfortable with a girl Rex lusting after a male Dr. Holiday

What I hate about these threads is:
>huuur duuur they would NEVER allow this with the reversed genders!

When there are A FUCK TON A OF EXAMPLES OF "THIS" HAPPENING.

Mike Tyson Mysteries

I don't think Ben 10 of any form would work genderswapped. Sure, there are single episodes that feature a Gwen 10, but generally Ben's annoying personality is only balanced by the physical rebuffs he gets from everyone else.

In other words, for most cartoons: boys are higher leveled and can take more hits due to lack of skills, while girls are lower leveled and thus can't take many hits, but compensate with more/better skills. And note when I say hits I mean not only physical damage but almost any conflict. Because boys have more room to grow than girls, they can take bigger hits because they haven't solidified yet. And ultimately in a fair situation as adults men are larger/smarter/etc in raw numbers but women have more tactile experience with their skills and can usually use them better.

exactly the same

If it doesn't change anything, why swap it?

My first thought was Megas Xlr. Coop gets a pass being husky since he's a dude, but I don't think any network would allow for a chunky female lead.

>that episode with the chick magnet
Fucking glorious.