WONDER WOMAN EMBARGO LIFTS

"You're welcome." - Geoff Johns, Cereal Lord

>Best part of ‘Wonder Woman’ is the film has really funny parts and an optimistic and heroic protagonist. Great step forward for DC Films.

>WONDER WOMAN is great. My favorite of the recent DC movies. It's fierce, funny, well-written and badass. @GalGadot owns it. Her lasso FTW

>Loved WONDER WOMAN. She reminds me of Christopher Reeve's Superman: true north superhero w/ no angst or cynicism, which is needed right now.

>The embargo has officially lifted, so here it goes: WONDER WOMAN is, against all odds, pretty damn wondrous.

>WONDER WOMAN: Easily my favorite DCEU film. Has the humor and heart the franchise so desperately needs. Gadot and Pine are charming as hell.

>Wonder Woman is the DC movie I've been waiting for. It's exciting, inspiring, funny, and has some truly awe-inspiring action scenes.

>I'm finally allowed to say it: I loved #WonderWoman! I teared up watching her fight. The Amazons kick ass! #SheIsWonderWoman @PattyJenks So, now i can tell u that i LOVED the Wonder Woman film! everything i wanted in a WW movie & more. Congrats @PattyJenks @GalGadot

>I can finally tell all of you how AMAZING @WonderWomanFilm is! Revolutionary stuff for women in film in this movie. You have to see it!

>@WonderWomanFilm is everything you want in a #WonderWoman movie & more. It's the film even DCU critics will love.

>Our own @JimmytotheO has seen #WonderWoman! He calls it "Fantastic! As touching as it is thrilling!" Full review soon!

>#WonderWoman is the easily the best DCEU movie so far. It's got heart and a love of heroes. Pine and Gadot are charming beyond measure.

>"The 'Wonder Woman' Embargo Has Lifted Twitter" is my favorite Twitter. Also: #WonderWoman is really damn good. Loved every minute.

>I loved #WonderWoman so much. Easily one of the best superhero origin films I've ever seen. Amazing action & Gal Gadot is pure heaven

>#WonderWoman is the fun, colorful, thrilling movie that both #DCEU Fans & @BatmanvSuperman haters have been waiting for! @GalGadot owns it!

>#WonderWoman is a flawless superhero movie. Loved every second of it. Amazing work, @PattyJenks!

>I'm now allowed to reveal I enjoyed Wonder Woman! It's really good. Has the heart & humanity DCEU needed.

>#WonderWoman is the ray of light the DCEU has been waiting for. Gal Gadot just owns it.

>
>I can finally tell you.. Wonder Woman is a very good film. Funnier, more action packed than you're probably expecting. Gal is perfect as WW!

If this movie gets a higher RT score than GotG2, which was mostly "Eh, it's okay and still funny I guess." and after the Iron Fist debacle I will laugh my ass off. Thank you based Cereal Lord.

Wait, so Johns had nothing to do with Green Lantern but we should thank him about WW?
Cerealfags are the worst.

Meh. When ever they say funnier I get worried. I heard the same things for dr.strange. Not every movie needs to be a comedy.

Can't wait for the real Blunder Woman reviews to kick in

Actual review embargo still up

>insert BvS Standing Applause Screen Grab
>insert SS Positive Early Reactions Screen Grab

Those were fan reactions

I love you, DCBros. You guys always keep things fun.

Correct, they simply changed Legion in the script to Parallax because it was in the modern stories. He was basically just an intern who provided comic knowledge like that but had no actual power.

He was also brought on halfway through
filming. His changes were very minimal.

I legitimately can't trust any of this.
After...EVERYTHING with SSquad and BvS and the positive early reviews for that-

I just can't trust any of this.

I forgot all about Legion. That eleventh hour script change makes a lot of sense. It explains why Sinestro was so dumb as to take a ring made of part of the thing Hal just kicked the ass of.

I can trust that critics will praise it at the end of the day

What I can't trust is that they will be right

I find it extremely hard to believe a movie that rests on Gal Gadot's shoulders and was written by the guy who wrote Pan, the guy who ruined the her post-IC and fucking Zack Snyder is good.

In fact, the idea that you think Geoff Johns is anything more than a PR puppet to get desperate nerds like yourself excited is really sad.

Delicious tears. 2017 has been amazing.

Remember when the leaks from the test screenings came out and both those guys said she was the weakest actor in the movie, and that Chris Pine was the best and the most relatable character?

And now these critics are all praise for her, while Chris Pine is mentioned only occasionally.

I don't know about the rest but they are always full of shit about her.

I'm expecting it to be below Suicide Squad-tier. Please deliver, DCU.

>a critic LITERALLY called schilling

from the begging both BS and SS has mixed reviews. WW on the other could be the starting point of a new strategy by DC/WB

Nobody mentioned that the movie was very dark even though one of them said so on the day of the screening.

Just colorful, hopeful, heroic, exciting...

Listen to a person who has actually read comic books?

Pretty much this to be quite honest famalamadingdong

>seriously being a shill over this movie of all things
What tears, there are literally no reviews of this movie.

If you're going to be a company wars fag, I guess I'll have to point out Justice League is rumored to have had massive reshoots, the recent Aquaman images imply Snyder is getting forced out, every CW show has gone to shit, WW is tracking to be nothing special, Iron Fist and Luke Cage are Netflix's two most watched shows ever, Thor has by far the most views of any comic trailer for this year and both Logan and GotG2 were fantastic.

But yeah, you got them tears, bro.

One of the critics said that the beginning was really dark but the protagonists remained hopeful and optimistic despite it all and he liked that. I'm hoping that means they're not completely backtracking on the general tone of the movies and just adding a bit more appropriate levity here and there.

>If you're going to be a company wars fag, I guess I'll have to point out Justice League is rumored to have had massive reshoots, the recent Aquaman images imply Snyder is getting forced out, every CW show has gone to shit, WW is tracking to be nothing special, Iron Fist and Luke Cage are Netflix's two most watched shows ever, Thor has by far the most views of any comic trailer for this year and both Logan and GotG2 were fantastic.
Delicious tears. 2017 has been amazing.

>I'm hoping that means they're not completely backtracking on the general tone of the movies

These movies have no "general tone." Eve Mos and BvS are radically tonally different, presumably because Snyder didn't have a filter from the studio and stripped out every shred of humanity he could in-between.

And Suicide Squad has the "tone" of a nu-metal music video.

>implying any critic would give "YAS QUEEN SLAY": The Movie a bad review

DC bro here
Our plan worked flawlessly

>which was mostly "Eh, it's okay and still funny I guess."

Most non-critic reactions were highly positive. I honestly do think soem of the critics were being a bit contrarian and hopping on the "all mcu movies are da same" shallow analysis that people have been doing for years. Except it was very different than most MCU films and It was better than the first movie.

I absolutely fucking refuse to get my hopes up. DC has burned me so many times. I can't I just fucking can't at this point.

I do find it funny that all the positive reviews are about how it's hopeful and not dour and dark and serious and shit, which is what the DCfags claimed made the other movies good.

>presumably because Snyder didn't have a filter from the studio
What are you talking about, there were plenty of instagram filters in that movie.

Every time I watch fights from these movies the choreography gets worse and worse.

>Just colorful, hopeful, heroic, exciting...
Well those are probably the words in the card that comes with the money when they leave the theater.

They're called talking points and generally they're required to mention them.

One of them also said it's the first DCEU movie where the fight scenes don't look like a video game

I'm having some trusting issues with this

I just saw John Wick 2 last night and it really just shows how incompetent Snyder is with his color grading.

That movie had like a fifth of the budget of Dawn of Marthas and looked a thousand times better.

From Rollinstontes. To review Wonder Woman is not an easy task, even to grade it seems a little bit unfair, considering there is nothing even similar out there. A quality film with a lot of positive characteristics, but even more than just that, the birth of a new genre in film , the super heroine movie.

>fight scenes don't look like a video game
Maybe they used all the fight scenes that look like they coome from videogames on the trailer, and the rest of the movie is better.

Man, it's good this is a written medium, I would not be able to say that with a straight face.

Christ did any Marvel movie have the amount of hyperbole around this movie?

Or did the less 100 mil opening estimates scare WB so much they just threw money at everyone with orders to shill shill shill?

...Why would that sentence be hard to say? Nothing about it was too weird by Sup Forums standards.

Do you pretend to be a normie offline?

Same

I hope they get it right, but until I can actually believe I'll enjoy it, I'm not going near that movie

Yeah shes getting good reviews because of being a woman

The paranoia pendulum is swinging back it seems

They are doing free screenings for fans on multiple cities on May 24

They are either super confident or super worried that people won't want to see it opening weekend

You decide

I can say with confidence that Johns cant write Wonder Woman for shit

Sounds fishy and vague... Are you that russian guy The mindworm?

>One of them also said it's the first DCEU movie where the fight scenes don't look like a video game
>I'm having some trusting issues with this
Rightfully so

Don't swords usually come with a sheath and harness?

A lot of them are saying it's similar to The First Avenger and Thor.

"there's nothing like it because it's a woman and this is now a new genre" ffs

I'd go for confident. If they're worried aboiut people not seeing it giving it away for free seems foolish. Imagine if Pirates bombs because this kills it's momentum. It would be fucking hilarious

Ontop of all the tonal issues and the fact Gal Gadot is a terrible actress and all the rumors about chaos on the set. I'm still worried the bad guys in this movie will be Nazi's despite the fact it's set in WW1.

I think they are confident in the quality but worried about the box office. That way they can make people give good word of mouth.

the bad guy is obviously Ares

That's a good question. I think it's both.

They're worried that people won't see it opening weekend, but they're confident that it's fans will give it good word of mouth and push those numbers up.

Whether their right or not remains to be seen.

I adore his work on everything except Batman and Wonder Woman, he needs to be kept away from those two.

Its going to be Germans=Bad, and Ares pulling the strings ending with a poorly lit CGI throw down. WW1 was complicated, so expect the most watered down, wrong, and outright boring take on the war ever

a couple of days ago there was a thread with tricky language and weak sources
but surprisingly appealing, about the embargo and the reviews.
Few days later there is like 5 threads about the same thing but with the confirmed sources . One of those fellas hired to build hype bout certain themes.
I think this is yours ;) worm

Throw him on Aquaman or Flash? Yeah, you'll probably have a good time. But practically everything hes written that included Diana was terrible. And speaking of Aquaman, we ever getting that damn omnibus?

When it comes to Batman, I do like how he doesn't go with Batgod. For a character so often called "the most human" Johns is ome of the few to write him like a bit of a fuck up with people. I do grant you Johns isn't great with Bruce, bit I like part of his.

His WW was characterized fine in JL once he actually read her books (in preparation for the movie, no less).

Some of Darkseid War was troublesome as far as her mythos goes, but it might seemed like he mostly just halfassed some retcons because he stopped caring once Rebirth was definitely happening so I'm willing to give him a pass there.

As someone looking forward to both with cautious optimism I'm worried about them going against each other. I'd say I'm more rooting for Pirates because I think the franchise will die if this one doesn't succeed and I want it to have a resurgence.

The classic 'run at him and get close instead of just shooting at a safe distance'. Gotta love it.

>I'd say I'm more rooting for Pirates because I think the franchise will die if this one doesn't succeed and I want it to have a resurgence.

Why? The franchise is worthless without Verbinski and he's never coming back.

>His WW was characterized fine in JL once he actually read her books (in preparation for the movie, no less).

"What's happening now reminds me of a greek myth" narration is not any characterization

Mouseketeers on fucking suicide watch everywhere. It's been hilaroius watching them melt down with Marvel totally shitting the bed everywhere but the movies. And now that a DC movie is likely going to be well reviewed it's full on attack mode to protect the last bastion where Marvel is at all relevant. This past year's been really entertaining.

Yeah but a Zack Snyder film is coming out this year. Nobody is worried about

I liked On Stranger Tides.

But it's the first true Marvel movie made by DC, unlike those dreadful dark and serious Zack Snyder movies

Why are you excited?

Just in case you think i'm being paranoid. Someone confirmed that just hours ago

But it has jokes though. That's like +50% on the tomatometer automatically with capeshit.

He's clearly looking for (you)s, why are you even responding?

0.20 cents deposited

Yeah, the CGI looks hilarious.

Looking at Cyborg gives me a headache. Hes so frail looking and overdesigned.

What is this future Oscar winning kino? It looms amazing.

>not liking dominate hues, especially for dream sequences

I guess you dont like Mad Max or Frank Franzetta either

I don't get it
You do know that last week some positive reactions popped up, right? Then they were deleted because of the embargo, but it was some 3 or 4 of the same people from today

I don't know what you're talking about exactly?

>PS2 Virtual Fighter body with half a face shooped on it
Christ mate, they were confident in releasing this publicly?

I hate Snyder's CGI environments, he legitimately hasn't improved since 300.

>I guess you dont like Mad Max or Frank Franzetta either

Which would be fine if the whole movie didn't have "dominant hues" in every single fucking scene like I'm watching a Slipknot music video.

>Johns saves comics
>Johns saves movies

what else is there left to conquer?

Also Doctor Poison doing some cool inconsequential shit once Aries shows up.

And yea ends with CGI noise once she triggers her Godkiller Super Combo.

Superhero vidya for WW?

Nothing. DC is dominant in video games and tv. Guess he could force whoever makes toys for them to get their heads out of their asses

I'm hard pressed to think of the last time he wrote a good story.

Darkseid War started strong then literally nothing happened. Incredibly disappointing arc.

Thats because Snyders CGI is always so fucking dark, often set at night, mixed with blue/orange filters. Night CGI is basically cutting corners in animation
You know what really gets me about those leaks? The email shit, and the fact that FUCKING AMAZONS are all about Zeus and not Hera

COMRADE

>DC is dominant in video games and tv.
In terms of volume, no doubt.

But why are you pretending any of those CW shows are worth watching? Flash was the only genuinely good show they had and it went to shit.

Also "dance around till he gets to his mark then aim at him." Priceless.

>that rests on Gal Gadot's shoulders and was written by the guy who wrote Pan, the guy who ruined the her post-IC and fucking Zack Snyder is good.

TWS had The Human Torch and was directed by romcom directors and a group of no names and this board ejaculates all over The Russos. stranger things have happened

DCU Rebirth one shot was good. We'll see if he can follow up on it with Doomsday Clock though.

But I meant more about the main line being his editorial vision (in structure though and not necessarily plot, if you believe Priest).

I don't believe you.
I find it too hard to accept one of the nuDC movies aren't crazy divisive.

wtf are you talking about? In this grid alone I count 8 shots that are just normal color balanced. And the other color vibrant shots mostly just have a single light source, hardly the same thing as a dominate hue.

iZombie is DC and good, dumb casual

>these idiots think Snyder does the CGI himself

AHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA

I said it before and I'll say it again: Flash was never good. It had the same flaws as it does now, only now we are less lenient on them since it hasnt grown out of them and the writers limitations are all the more obvious.