Is this legitimately the worst comic series Marvel has ever allowed to be made?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Austen
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sadly no

Miss America may be bad, but it didn't gut an entire universe the way Ultimatum did.

That's not Marville.

It's pretty bad but there are much worse.

Marville, Eminem/The Punisher, Ultimatum, and those are just within the 2000's.

At least with America no one was seriously expecting it to be good and it has no effect on the rest of the Marvel U.

And honestly, there have been tons and tons of one-shots/minis that have come out over the years by writers just as awful as Rivera, but no one remembers any of them.

Go back and look at the releases for any random post-2000 year, find some mini that you've never heard of with a writer you've never heard of, and you'll be blown away by how bad it is. America would have continued in that fine tradition if people hadn't thrown a shitfit about its mere existence and spammed it on Sup Forums.

In issue 3 she is confirmed to be able to go beyond the multiverse.

Did you just start reading comics like four months ago or something

>cyclops was not not right

It's the worst in recent times but as others have pointed out there have been worse. I think US War Machines is the worst. That defies all logic in so many ways. Worst writing and worst art.

honestly in the long run America won't even become a Storytime of Pain weekend classic

Storm looks she doesn't want to be any where near this comic

>but it didn't gut an entire universe the way Ultimatum did.
But that was a good thing that forced them to do new & interesting things that they could never do in the 616.

well i mean

Everyone but storm looks like a cunt.

i feel like it already has

I like how the self insert is in the top left. Look at these cool characters that will be fondly remembered and relevant for years to come!

>cyclops was not right
What is this heresy

no

grow up and stop obsessing over this comic already

>obsessing

It's funny for how bad it is. That's why it gets storytimed.

That excuse would've worked eight years ago.

This.

...but also this.

Come on OP these two are part of the awful comics unholy trinity. The third is The Unfunnies

I still havent read this

You already forgot Civil War II?

They should have done it like DC/KFC did.

fuck the Ultimate universe, Loeb did nothing wrong

I hate the Ultimate universe too, but Loeb did a lot wrong.

Not even close.

That looks fucking awful. Was that actually a comic?

Has there ever been a CG comic?

What in the fuck were they actually thinking with that art style

Yeah, the entire comic was done that way. Very early on in the tech, so it was kinda neat at the time. It looks like ass now of course.

The artist also bragged that it was the future and that he could do tons of pages every day since it was so easy to use 3D models, etc.

Besides US War Machine, of course. With modern CG, it could be good.

Thanks user. That might be feasible nowadays. A test run should be started on a shitty book.

Well, its close.

Some pencillers are already using Poser and stuff and going over the models with pencils. I think Deodato is the most obvious, but there are some others too. Will Sliney I think (Spider-Man 2099) too. The figures always look very stiff and don't have the right balance of looseness someone drawing a comic book usually provides.

Yes.
Earlier, in fact.

Yes.
Earlier, in fact.

I will never not laugh at the Iron Dum Dum having a fucking metal version of his hat.

Even earlier than that.

I still reminisce over Heroes Reborn sometimes. Especially now, with the reveal in Secret Empire. I can't wait for Franklin Richards to merge the two Rogers together.

Nahhh.

I don't know. I guess maybe this is how women who love capeshit feel? "Where are the powerful, heroic representatives of my gender?"

You're probably better off watching Linkara's reviews of it.

You are a fucking idiot.

Couple. Never really worked.

"New and experimental!"

"This is a nuthouse. And I'm a fuckin Pecan!"

Truth be said, I LIKED the first U..S.WAR MACHINE series.

Also, get this: Guy who made it? He's a producer on 'Steven Universe'. Weird.

Storm would rather be in a filthy sewer ruling the morlocks than be with these people

The irony is that this last issue is the first time this comic was actually good.

Chuck Austen produced Steven Universe? Are you... are you fucking serious?

That explains so much about how the show has been fucked over. The godawful Steven-bomb system, the talent-throttling... he's every bit as bad a producer as he is a writer.

Just popped in to make sure this was posted.
Glad to see you guys haven't forgotten.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Austen

No, that's not on him. He left after 2014.

What does that even mean?

is it really that bad?

maybe someone should storytime it so I can see for myself

>Chuck Austen
That explains alot. Whatever happened to that guy? He still get work?

learn2read

Evevrything Marvel makes is crap.

That she can go into White Space, I am guessing. She was born outside the regular Multiverse, so it's not so strange.

I think it was one Michael Goetze who started the trend.

Add Iron Man: Crash to the list.

Silly whites, this comic isn't meant for you!

user meant bad comics.

In 2007, Austen released his first prose novel, Like Warm Sun on Nekkid Bottoms. In 2011 writing as Charles Austen, he released the first of a three book series Pride and Nakedness followed by Something Old, Something New in 2013.

In 2017, it became apparent that Chuck Austen had written his most ambitious creative work yet, his own Wikipedia article. [32]

What did they mean by this

I don't care about the writer that much but fuck that cunt for making one of the most insulting and stupid retcons I've ever seen!

you could have made a thread for a good comic you limp dicked servitor of the man

coward
COWARD

That one was pretty good.

I think she's kidding. But, if she's not - well, in her defense, we are pretty scary. It's not the nineteenth century anymore, of course. But let's face it, the Caucasian male is the most dangerous individual animal in the world after the female mosquito.

...'course, pound-for-pound it really gets pathetic, compared to the mosquitos. Mosquitos be like "Sheeit, bitches, you think you scary? We be showin' you scary. You better watch it, white boy."

They should write a comic about mosquitos. That shit is crazy.

...Let's see - that she killed that guy of her own free will?

>you could have made a thread for a good comic

...How? What comic?

>that tiny baby hand how do you fuck up proportions in a CG comic

>But let's face it, the Caucasian male is the most dangerous individual animal in the world
No, they're not. If by dangerous you mean "likely to cause me harm"

Of course not. It's the worst book they're currently publishing though.

I'd still say Marville, but this is definitely up there

Not even close, my sweet summer child. There's almost definitely worse older stuff as well, but thankfully time has made those atrocities fade from my mind.

It gets damn near unreadable by the third issue.

Mockingbird was fine outside issue 3 and the last issue. But man, the book did everything to make Bobbi a mega bitch.

gas yourself child

i would guess the worst is probably this

this is a real actual comic book that Marvel printed

Marville's just unfunny and stupid

it's bad but not the worst

christ no

you just don't like it/don't get it because it's not aimed at you

>i would guess the worst is probably this
Why, what's wrong with it

>Can't speak spanish at all but likes to act like she has lived the genuine latina life despite just being a quirky Guera

>Actually thinks Latinx is a thing anywhere when it is literally just made up by Americans with no actual Spanish education

>Has a very shallow understanding of non-puerto rican hispanic cultures, and even a warped idea of her own culture

>Is chosen to be a proper representative of writing a narrative from a hispanic point of view

Seriously, her work is more misrepresentative and racist than 1960s comic depictions of hispanics.

Chuck Austen did it himself, with Poser and some background shots, so that he'd get paid as artist as well as writer.

For the second volume I think he had a guy go over it in pencils because it looks so bad, but i forget which one is the more developed art-wise. They're both shitty, shitty books.

He moved to tv work and script editing, far as I know. It's easier than coming up with your own ideas and there's probably the option of more work - comics limits you as a freelancer.

Also, he really, really burnt his bridges completely away when he left. Don't remember the details but he'd be less likely to get work in comics again (at any company) than anybody else you care to name.

ultimate janet deserved what she got for being a filthy degenerate

well

it starts out as part of the Marvel Mangaverse line which was fuck awful in itself

and then for the second and third issues it goes to MAX for adult content

this was back when Quesada had inherited the mess that Harras left the company in and was trying anything to see what would sell, which is why so much of MAX is awful (there's an Eternals comic which is just... wrong, which I think is again a Chuck Austen but with an actual artist)

if Mangaverse or MAX or both had sold in any significant number, we probably would still have Marvel but we almost certainly wouldn't have any superhero movies

Mangaverse had fucking nothing on Marville

There was a Deadpool comic with artwork done in CG and warped to Hell and back with Photoshop filters.

Needless to say, it looked like shit.

This is actually a really cool look if this is one of those matrix or omikron type of plots that takes place in a computer or videogame or something.

This user tried to start a SJW rant, but his fear of mosquitos took over his train of thought.

There's that Batman issue from Morrison's run.

Also everything Deodato draws is made in Poser, then drawn over.

>I think she's kidding.
She's "joking". As a former lefty/social justice type I've hung around them enough to know what when they say "white people are evil lol" or whatever bullshit that they're not joking. They may say it in a jokey manner but it's to make their sincere beliefs seem more palatable and give them a way to weasel out of criticism.

>...Let's see - that she killed that guy of her own free will?
Previously, the Phantom Rider (Lincoln Slade) had essentially raped Bobbi when he fell in love with her, used a love potion to make her fall for him and slept with her and did all of that. When she found out she was horrified and furious and in her anger allowed him to fall to his death. This set up tension between her and Hawkeye which eventually led to their divorce.

Well, Chelsea Cain hated the rape and decided to retcon it. To do that she changed it so that Mockingbird was only "pretending" to be affected by the love potion meaning she willingly cheated on her husband, killed a guy she got bored with and then allowed her husband to endure the emotional stress of believing she was raped leading to the break down of their marriage all because she didn't want to reveal she cheated on him.

Deadpool MAX. The sad part is the art was done by Kyle Baker. At some point he decided he needed to reinvent himself or something I guess and completely abandoned his previous style in favor of heavily filtered Poser models.

There's an issue in grant morrisons batman that's cg and it looks weird but the writing is enough to make it enjoyable

Fuck, please tell me this is good because that art actually looks really good.

>Go back and look at the releases for any random post-2000 year, find some mini that you've never heard of with a writer you've never heard of, and you'll be blown away by how bad it is. America would have continued in that fine tradition if people hadn't thrown a shitfit about its mere existence and spammed it on Sup Forums.
That's because 2016 was a tipping point for the "us vs them" social media war between liberals and everyone else. Now mole hills become mountains because people are tired of libshitters.

>the Caucasian male is the most dangerous individual animal in the world after the female mosquito.
Pretty fucking sure you mean black male, old chum.

This still doesn't explain why it was so "bad". It was full of harmless cheesecake. That's something that simply doesn't exist in western comics anymore. It was made into a MAX title but there were never any bare breasts. In any event, the writing clearly wasn't the selling point.

>Sup Forums ends up hyping bad books
This. This is why hatereading should be banned.

what's not bad about that?

we're not talking about something made in 1955, we're talking about something published a little over a decade ago

trust me, you could internet better anything than that comic was offering

it's a sad relic for sad relics and the fact it didn't sell even to them pretty much invalidates any argument of its possessing positive quality

All of these anons just ain't woke

remember that She-Hulk series that was announced as an ongoing, turned into a four-issue mini by the following month and in the end just never released?

gramps no

stay away from your licorice today OK

it's fucking with your blood pressure meds

>we're talking about something published a little over a decade ago
You treat that as if "ten years" is consistent measurement of cultural change. Yeah, it was a johnny-come-lately of the 90's cheesecake/badgirl boom, but 2003/4 wasn't just "today, but without iPhones."

user isn't wrong about the tipping point though. I don't like the way he phrased it, but 2016 was definitely a watershed as far as outrage culture goes.

I thought it was jews, wait when did violent crime stats apply to the average?

i think wizard magazine actually hyped this as good in terms of rate of production, not actual quality of the art.

Spider-man Quality of life was a cg comic where in Spidey fought the lizard and a naga woman.

Here, though it was this other character, not America.