What are some movies dealing with homelessness?

What are some movies dealing with homelessness?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_in_the_United_States
youtube.com/watch?v=UrGgS8ExsVc
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jumanji I shit you not.

So three quarters of homeless are men? Surely that's the bigger issue? Fucking liberals.

From personal experience of seeing many homeless people, it's more like 1 in 20.

Women are more vulnerable. Do you not understand this?

Most men really are bad people though.

women are not more vulnerable, I saw an ad on the train once that said "anya has to risk going home with random men to get a bed for the night"
Yeah men don't have that option and actually have to sleep on the street

life stinks
down and out in beverly hills

umm FUCK OFF RACIST

reminder that even hobo women have partners to help them

That's when you include people in temporary housing and shelters. If you're looking at the people out on the street or living under a bridge, it's even more lopsided.

wow shitlord. Men are disposable work machines unless they're black or brown, then they're disenfranchised and oppressed.

By age 23, 51% of black men have never been arrested. Checkmate racists.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_in_the_United_States

>By age 23, 49% of black men have been arrested

That's absurdly high and worrying, what the fuck?!

I don’t know about the US but every homeless Canadian gets welfare and spends it all on drugs. I have homeless family members and desu they are broken people. Only solution is bullets desu.

almost 100% of illegal sex market has women as victims, your move fag

1 in 5 homeless people are dogs.

all jokes aside:
even if you account for "discrimination" and "gud bois" who "dindu nuffin" and various wrongful arrests/convictions it's FUCKING UNDENIABLE FACT that blacks commit crime at a disproportionately higher rate than anyone. but libs and cucks handwave that away because of "society" as if that absolves them from being such worthless destructive influences on western civilization.

But that's a separate issue from the majority of homeless people being men.

Trading Places

We're not the ones spinning women's issues into men's issues, chucklefuck.

Black Americans are the result of selective breeding. During the slave trade we only wanted the largest and strongest blacks but also needed ones who were subservient, not very smart. It only takes a couple generations to produce a new race of absolute morons who's only saving grace is being physically gifted. So when all else fails, Might Makes Right.

>"blacks commit the majority of crimes"
>"but that's racist"
>"it's a fact, we have hard data to prove it"
>"but that's racist"
>"so what you're saying is that we should ignore a whole epidemic of antisocial behavior just because you don't want to offend a group of people because you still feel guilt over the slave trade?"
>"it's worked so far"
>"no it fucking hasn't you fucking fucking morons."

>implying they would've been much smarter without selective breeding see Africa
>implying they have any semblance of subservience left
>implying this makes their worthlessness acceptable
Jared Diamond, pls go

I implied none of those things. But when you take the dumbest of an already dumb stock you're not likely going to see things improve.

>25% of all homeless people are women
>75% of all homeless people are men
what is the point of saying htis?

there are an assload of reasons

>yfw 1 of every 2 people is female

Visible homeless are overwhelmingly men, and therefore expendable, so people jigger the statistics so that 25% of homeless people are womyn, enough to hopefully make someone give a shit.

I don't want to sound like a jaded MRA, but that's exactly what that blurb is driving at.

Boone is forcing to commit crimes. Thats their own damn fault

Female logic at work
>I deserve a fair share of everything in life
>except, you know, bad things
Men being homeless must be the result of bad decisions and pathetic beta behavior, so get your shit together. Women being homeless is an evil act of malicious patriarchy and must be treated as a tragedy divorced from any personal responsibility

Well shit, that sounds like a predominantly female issue. I'd sure hate for someone to come along and put most of the focus on men. That would be really self-centered.

yes, a woman with no job and no money can more easily find a place to live.

pretty good board

Fun fact. The UN has sent the same investigator that it uses for the worst places in the world to put together a report when humanitarian crisis exist so other countries know and can offer help.

He is currently in the United States. I fucking kid you not. He's on the ground recording what's going on with the homeless population in California (LA alone has over 56k), the south (ring worm outbreak), and Puerto Rico (still part of the U.S. for those of you too fucking stupid to know that). His report comes out in May. Can't wait to see the U.S. shown to the world as the 3rd world shithole it's become.

My vote OP...The Pursuit of Happiness with Will Smith.

Pretty much this. The stereotypical image of a homeless person is a crazy bearded man that no one gives a shit about because they see them all the time. Things like OP are clearly meant to point out that other people are also homeless, as a way of getting people to pay more attention.

There isn't even a reason t get into MRA stuff, it's just a way of telling people that anyone can be homeless.

Why do so many governments pledge to eradicate homelessness? It's been an issue for thousands of years and will be an issue long after we're gone, why not start with something achievable and try to manage the problem more effectively (setting up better drop-ins etc) rather than make claims nobody believes any more.

why? I thought they were equal to men

we already knew that though.
poor blacks took over the cities.
the south is dominated by poor minorities and and rednecks.
ca is turning into mexico.

*sniff*

The end of slavery was like letting plague rats loose.

>ca turning into mexico

say whatever you want about our shithole of a country, but at least we don't have a homeless crisis

yeah we know you ship them all here.

This is where Sup Forums shows how stupid they truly are.
Why worry about the huge gap between the wealthy and the poor when the poor can just argue over creed or skin color.
Gotta get them tax cuts tho

No, it's not. Don't you see the parts highlighted in
>green?

>muh nu-libruls
Men across the globe have been thrown into the meat grinder for literal millennia, brainlet.

We must put a stop to this inequality.

Isn't CA an annexed part of Mexico? Explains a lot.

Saint of Fort Washington is one of the more realistic homeless movies I've ever seem

annexed is a nice word for stolen

Fuck men

Hate to break it to you, while percent wise, there are more homeless among the black population in that minority group, IN RAW NUMBERS, guess what? Yep, that's right. Whites. White southerns have literally fucked themselves over trying to fuck over blacks.

It's so god-damn hilarious it kills me.

yeah I ment they are both poor. I didn't realize youd be a faggot.

Hate to break it you, but the smug lies I'm making up make it seem like I really don't hate breaking the things I make up to you

why wouldn't a women's issues page focus more on news about women?

here's one, it's got the dude from the mighty ducks

youtube.com/watch?v=UrGgS8ExsVc

It's not news about women, though.

The men are homeless cuz they got thrown out by theirs wife

>Get somewhere to live
>Not starving on the street
>Gets miles of dick but not much more than the average tindr slut or dumbcumster
meanwhile record amounts of young men 15-45 are homeless in numbers not seen since the great depression.

Fuck these stupid thots u could not pay me to sex them

We need to stand up and take responsibility.

That's just not true you fag.
On so many levels it's bullshit

Factually wrong

Underrated

>TokenBlackGirlfriend
wew lads

>she exclusively dates white guys
Guaranteed

You were wrong.

>yfw 10 in 10 raped females are women

No, the women are more important.
And I say that as as anti-feminist.

Same in the US. The whole "most homeless people don't want to live on the streets, and are only there cause they lost their jobs cause of EVIL CORPORATIONS" reason given by lefties is bullshit. The overwhelming majority are homeless cause they're drug addicts, and don't give a fuck about anything but doing drugs.

And the taxpayer gets to foot the bill for their addiction.

>>yfw 10 in 10 raped females are women

Not all females are women, shitlord.

no doubt, otherwise she wouldn't be a token. because it's fucking unlikely she's in an exclusive/majority hispanic/asian group.
what a delusional hypocrite.

The US has a homeless population of about 554,000. We are a nation of 323 million. So, 0.17% of our population is homeless.

Yeah we're doing fine. The "crisis" is because liberal cities like the Bay Area, Seattle, and LA have been giving drug addicts money for the last 10 years and are now panicking that, for some reason, more homeless people are coming to their cities.

Seattle's homeless population has about 60% of people who came from outside the city or from outside the state. The most common reasons they cited for coming to Seattle was the benefits (just straight up cash from the city, no questions asked, and shit like free injection sites and street camping), and lack of enforcement of laws.

Like most of America's issues, this "crisis" is overblown and mostly effectives libshits who lack any form of forward thinking.

My cousin lives on the streets of L.A. He chooses that life though. A lot of our family, including his own parents would take him in if he agrees to get cleaned up, but he would rather be a drunk hobo.

It's because Mexicans still have a culture of work ethic, self reliance, and core family values.

Something the left has been working to erode in the US since the 50s.

>wtf, I love Mexican immigrants now

wendy and lucy

I was a social worker for 5 years. Maybe one person in 100 actually wanted to get back on their feet, and they were usually people that lost everything and had no support structure.

The rest? Didn't care about job assistance. Didn't care about rehab or CD treatment. All they wanted was their welfare cash every week. They got to live outside of society's rules, sleep wherever they wanted, did whatever drugs they wanted, and thanks to Seattle's fag mayor and "progressive" city council did that without interference from police, even while violent crime and property crime goes up.

Shit, most of them were taking in $2k a week from panhandling, which they inevitably turned around and spent on drugs.

Fuck homeless people, fuck poor people. Ship them all to Nevada and let them establish a desert anarchist society. Taxpayers are being bled dry because of bleeding heart lefties.

I absolutely think we need to secure our borders and control immigration. Illegals are ultimately a drain on society because thanks to states like California they get welfare and don't pay back in to it since they're paid under the table.

But if I was given the choice between Mexicans or niggers, I'm picking Mexicans. In fact I'd love to lock down the borders, give illegals here amnesty as long as they're crime free, and deport every single nigger back to Africa.

Mutherfucker Mexico has homeless children that are treated no differently than rats and stray dogs.

Yup. Some people think we're heartless because none of us will put him up, but being an enabler wouldn't help anyone. He is a grown man and he has to live with the decisions he makes.

>if I was given the choice between Mexicans or niggers
I'd chose neither, you Civcuck.

>females (feminine males)

>tfw you and your friend are at a bus stop and are approached by a well spoken beggar.
>I immediate tell him I got no spare change because I see through his bullshit
>Friend "empathises" with him and gives him a big chunk of change because he claims he may have been homeless at one point
Bullshit man. I know your parents. You parents are pretty wealthy and they would always forgive you no matter what bullshit happened. You'd never be homeless. Too kind for your own good.
This "homeless" guy who claims he does it by choice, is probably some fucked up sociopathic manipulative junky and you only enable him. He probably makes a decent mint woth this speech he tours public places with. We're at a bus stop surrounded by people. He can't do shit even if he wanted to, so kindness from fear is not really a thing.

This is the sort of guy that gives money to charity pots evertime he sees it. He lets his loose Christian values cloud his judgement. Most money that goes to big charities is wasted on admin fees and ploys to get more money. Local causes are a better investment of charity, because you can see the effect first hand. Charity begins at home is just plain wisdom.

He's part of a problem I notice with people: careless kindness. It IS good to be kind, he's an amazing friend to have. Very genuine bloke, but kindness I feel needs to be more shrewd and specific. Thats the only way to truly solve problems. Prevent the cause at its root, not just treat the symptom.
Homelessness is something you can't stop altogether, but you could work to make conditions for homeless people better, improve support groups that help people drag themselves out of the gutter before they get hooked into the toxic homeless drug culture.

>gave a beggar change on my way into the store
>he hits me up again on my way out
>tell him to fuck off

another time

>at Sabbath in Minneapolis
>having a smoke with buddy outside club we're at before the show
>hobo asks us for change
>say Nope
>friend gives him change
>another hobo sees handoff
>b lines it straight to friend
>"spurr'sm chenge"
>my fucking face when

not reading that

>be homeless
>quality of life is shit, shit on by society, beg for food, can't maintain healthy relationships, addicted to hard drugs as a method of escapism
>learn that a city in the next state over is offering safe injection sites
>'hey, I won't have to share needles with other sketch homeless fucks such as myself and might not die as fast
>abandon my poor relationships to form new poor relationships in a new shitty city where I might not die as fast
>people living comparably privileged and comfortable lives still view the fact that I moved to a better location as a problem

fuck off
homeless are a fucking problem for honest, hard-working people who don't want to deal with their shit.

That man clearly has a dog, the woman is still disadvantaged

Again its another value I am fond of: Helping people to help themselves.
And some people dont want that in the end of the day. They want the quick fix. They reject the aid you offer to teach them how to do it themselves. But the quick fix doesn't stop the problem coming back again.
My grandad is still going to get viruses on his computer that bog it down eventually to an almost unuseable state because he doesn't take the time to read the url and make a judgement on whether its a safe website to use or not. Or take time to read some reviews on whether that software he just downloaded will work or is even legit safe to install or not. He could learn how to be safe with only a days worth of reading but he chooses not to. And thats ironic since he used to be a builder and he probably spent most of his life telling people similar things.

If a building wall suffers from rot, painting over it isn't going to get rid of it. Its only covering it up. At best you can only suppress the damage doing that. The wall needs to be torn down and rebuilt.
Thats how problems are solved. You take things apart, assess the damage, and work with whatever can be salvaged.
If the building is irreparable then it has to be condemned.

We're all really rather silly creatures, when you think about it.

>but every homeless Canadian gets welfare

Since when do homeless people have bank accounts and are able to use them?

>2k a week

Are you people fucking retarded. You bitch about bleeding heart liberals yet your arguments are based on a said homeless person working a full time job, making $50US an hour. I get that not every member of the homeless community is simply a troubled individual in a bad spot, but come on.

>ooh the UN sent an investigator
>it must be super legit and important
>because it's the totally neutral non-biased UN

So the question then is, what is wrong with these people? These lifestyles are obviously so destructive and conducive to intense health issues/low quality of life/low lifespan/low satisfaction, how can they possibly choose this existence?

>but at least we don't have a homeless crisis

Yeah because living in a paper shed means you're middle class in Mexico

>drain on society

You're not looking at the big picture. We're all human, man. In another life, you'd be that wetback. What would you say to US policy then? How can we make things better for everyone?

Sorry men, you're disposable, go and fight a war for Israel, after that you're on your own

Drugs

>We're all human, man
Jesus Christ, you can't be serious with that lame bullshit.