Reminder Peter is going dark side due to dying several times recently and subconsciously picking up that he's going to...

Reminder Peter is going dark side due to dying several times recently and subconsciously picking up that he's going to hell due to his deal with Mephisto.

I didn't get to participate in my own thread yesterday so I'll address these posts
>He didn't sell his soul to Mephisto
He did, essentially. Do you guys really not understand how deals with the devil work? The deal alone damns you regardless of what the devil asks for...because you made a deal with the devil. He's got to do something that atones for that.
>it was spelled out in black & white that spending time in hell without proper protection (thanks to Deadpool) has contaminated Peter's soul
That's sort of what I'm saying, he has awareness of what's happening to him on some level and that's influencing him. Going to hell was Peter's doing.

Anyone else hope they don't kill Itsy Bitsy? I hope she stays around. She's crazy fun

Other urls found in this thread:

douglasernst.blog/2015/10/21/dan-slott-peter-parkers-love-for-mj-is-anti-marvel/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ItsyBitsy is Peter & MJ's Daughter unwritten by the fiendish dissolution of their marriage and scooped up by Mephistopheles to use as his hellish spider totem assassin and to drive Peter to his ultimate fall. Not just going full dark side, but killing his own child

Really doubt their kid would be blonde

Wouldn't killing his own child, you know, make Peter go full dark side? That's kinda, you know, how Peter works.

I bet the black suit is coming back...

He wore a neat stealth version recently

The non-black parts should be white, not red. Looks a little too much like Kaine.

>He did, essentially. Do you guys really not understand how deals with the devil work?

It doesn't work like that in the Marvel Universe.

>That's sort of what I'm saying, he has awareness of what's happening to him

No it doesn't. You're saying he's being darker because he's going to hell, which isn't the reason why he's acting like this. Mephisto needs Peter to kill Itsy Bitsy before he can claim his soul.

Its a throw back to the -original- black suit design, user.

Wait a minute, I thought Marvel were planning on a retcon to turn him back into a nerdy highschooler again so they could appeal to the teenage self-insert audience?

Nope. He sold his marriage, not his soul. They make it explicitly clear he's not going to hell. Otherwise he would have already been sent there in book related, instead he went to purgatory.

Mephisto needs to taint Peter's soul in order to gain it, his way of doing this is pushing Peter over the edge to the point where he'll murder Itsy Bitsy

If he does go full-blown dark side, I want to see him dangle Gewn over the edge of the GW bridge and ask her how it felt when she was getting pumped full of Goblin serum

then he breaks her neck before the children are born

user, Gwen is already dead. Is he gonna dig up her corpse and dangle that over the bridge?

Gwenclone#24601, whichever one it is that's floating around these days

>It doesn't work like that in the Marvel Universe.

Yes it does. See every time Doctor Strange, and other magic folks, talk about paying the price for their magic

That aint happening as long as slott is around

She died during Clone Conspiracy, user. Keep up.

Well I did decide to stop giving Marvel patronage back in.....2008, 2009, I think? Whenever it was they did Secret Invasion

>peter goes bad
>it's up to superior octavius to stop him

Slott would totally do this

I guess Spider-Gwen will have to do then!

Are you joking or are you legimately this stupid?

Slott fucking loathes Peter. He has flat out said he hates him in interviews (calling Peter "anti-Marvel"). He absolutely would turn Peter into a villain and have Otto save the day.

1) Peter hasn't cast any spells.
2) The burden of using magic is physical. Like Strange not being able to eat anything.
3) Peter didn't go to hell when he died, he went to purgatory. Meaning his soul wouldn't go to hell for selling his marriage.

Mephisto is goading Spider-Man into killing Itsy Bitsy, because once he does Peter's soul will be damned to hell.

I know that Slott has called MJ and Gwen anti-Marvel but I didn't know he called Peter anti-Marvel. Do you have a source for this?

So Peter went to Purgatory when he died? So he's not good enough for Heaven?

When you have other worldly forces conspiring against you "where you should go" hardly matters at all.

Originally, he said that Peter is anti-Marvel because he only dated hot chicks. And compared Otto to Peter, arguing that he is MORE Marvel, because he fucks midgets and fat chicks (Stunner).

Despite, you know, having Peter fuck his own OC, Silk and writing an entire arc about Otto jerking off to Peter's memories of MJ and trying to fuck her himself.

The quote was from his panel at Florida Supercon 2015. You can read the whole thing here: douglasernst.blog/2015/10/21/dan-slott-peter-parkers-love-for-mj-is-anti-marvel/

Teenage Peter has literally ranted about blowing Flash's head off.

Also, you have to remember that this is CEO Peter, who's a massive douche.

>Teenage Peter has literally ranted about blowing Flash's head off.

Wut? He's bitched about how much he hates Flash, but I don't recall him specifically saying he wanted to shoot Flash in the face.

Could it be that Slott is anti-Marvel?

He's talking about teenage Peter who was written well over 60 years ago

I think that's also true.

Uhh... I'm well aware of what the user is talking about. I've read all of the Lee/Ditko stuff, too. Don't recall Peter ever specifically talking about shooting Flash in ASM#1-28 (the issues he was in high school).

Someone needs to kill Slott. That's the only way we're ever getting him off Spider-Man.

He's also blowing things way out of proportion, Peter saying "One day I'll show them, I'll show all of them!" with a clenched fist apparently translates into a possible school shooting.

Found it.

There's also an issue of Spectacular where Peter manages to talk down a school shooter and he admits that if it wasn't for him venting out his rage as Spider-Man he probably would have done the same.

As much as I'm tired of Slott, he is the only reason why Peter Parker wasn't killed in Civil War 2, Bendis wanted to kill him off and Slott said no, so instead Bendis 'killed' Jen and Bruce, but quickly back tracked on She-Hulk's death.

>Douglas Ernst

No, Tony was the one that took Peter's place at the end of Civil War II.

You forgot Rhodey as well.

Although I've been considering if it would be better for Peter to be dead so nobody can do anything to him anymore.

Then Marvel would watch Miles get only a fraction of the sales numbers that Peter gets.

>arm cannons loaded with fists

I don't think that qualifies as school shooting either. I think he's referring to just punching Flash. But so hard he breaks his nose or busts his lip or something.

The guy is crazy. But he's really good at calling Slott on his bullshit. And does a good job of documenting exact quotes from Slott.

Naw, War Machine was 'killed' because Bendis saw him die in the Civil War movie trailer and wanted the comic to line up.

So a bit out of the loop here, but what series is this? This looks super interesting and I'd love to get into whatever arc this is

Spider-Man and Deadpool by Joe Kelly

Spider-Man/Deadpool, but I like to refer to it as OMD 2: Well Written Edition.

You are forgetting the part where Mephisto even says he wants tiny parts of Peter and MJ's souls that will know the truth so that he can listen to their screams of pain for all eternity...

>He did, essentially.

Originally.

>Do you guys really not understand how deals with the devil work?

Do you not?

He fiddled for his soul and won. Mephisto didn't erase his identity - Peter's friends did that. The only other person who even knows about the deal is MJ, and since they're not married - which is what they actually sold Mephisto, their marriage - because they *never were* married, the contract is fulfilled.

Is the problem here that you don't understand contracts? Contracts between two parties do exactly what they're agreed to do. Modifications of the deal after signing only come with agreement from both parties - Mephisto doesn't get Peter's soul, he already got his marriage as requested.

The whole point of folklore stories where some prick bets his soul against the devil's fiddle is that the devil is constrained by contract - he can only take what he's owed, even if it's implied that he wants more.

That isn't actually what happened though, Mephisto agreed to make everyone forget and make Aunt May well again in exchange for their marriage and their souls. He specifically says he wants pieces of their souls that will still know the truth about OMD/BND just so he can listen to them scream for all eternity.

That implies at least some of Peter's soul is either in hell or destined for hell. That might be why he went to purgatory when he died, because part of his soul was anchoring him in hell but he had a lot of people pulling for him to go to heaven.

>That isn't actually what happened though, Mephisto agreed to make everyone forget and make Aunt May well again in exchange for their marriage and their souls.

No, just their marriage. The soul bit is just your stubborn head canon.

>He specifically says he wants pieces of their souls that will still know the truth about OMD/BND just so he can listen to them scream for all eternity.

/Bits/ of their soul. He holds the lost years and nothing more. And considering how everything that happened during the marriage is canon. He only has their memory of them getting married.

>That implies at least some of Peter's soul is either in hell or destined for hell.

No, it doesn't. The only thing Mephisto gets out of the deal is the marriage. He needs Peter to kill Itsy Bitsy so he can damn Peter's soul to hell. They go over this in the book.

Even if Peter's soul /was/ dammed to hell, (which it's not), it wouldn't effect his no kill rule whatsoever, since his rule has nothing to do with religion. He doesn't kill because of guilt and he thinks no one has the right to take someone else's life.

How's the spiderman deadpool series? My 12 year old nephews favorite characters are spiderman and deadpool was wondering if i should get the tp

Would somebody who doesn't generally read comics appreciate this run? I've seen it posted a little bit and it seems fun, I also like the art. I have read One More Day as a kid and I surprisingly remember most of it. Do I need any more background?

>Do I need any more background?

Spider-Man is now a trillionare after inheriting Otto's company (who took control of Peter's body and made it)

Deadpool now has a little girl and wants to be a hero that she can look up to.

That's pretty much it other than OMD.

Mysterio intercepted him in purgatory, it wasn't that he wasn't going to hell, but that he wasn't arriving anywhere.

What does the devil get from a marriage not existing, anyway? It's dumb, it's an abstract concept that you can't own.

Mephisto is play 4-D chess, it was all part of his master plan.

This way he can goad Spider-Man into damming himself into hell by killing Itsy Bitsy /and/ make him suffer along the way.

They straight up say in the book where he's in purgatory that Peter was never scheduled to make an appearance in hell. And if that wasn't enough, before Peter actually gets sent to hell, we see him in a heaven like place walking towards Madame Web, meaning he was likely dragged there by Mysterio......Or Madame Web sent him there, because let's be honest, she's kinda a cunt.

Someone post the pages. Lets see who's actually right.

Where did Mephisto say this? In OMD?

I knew about the Superior Spiderman shit just by browsing Sup Forums, but didn't know about DP's child. Why does he look normal now, though?

It's explained in the book.

Can comeone give me a rundown on why wades face is fixed. And when it happened.

He made a deal with Death to return Peter's soul to the realm of the living. We don't know the details of it though.

During Spider-Man and Deadpool

(1/7)

In OMD, when Mephisto is talking to Peter and I believe MJ is there at this point. He mentions that he will give them all the things they want in exchange for their marriage and bits of their souls so that he can listen to them scream for all eternity. He wants them to go about their daily business unaware that they gave up true love and happiness while tiny, self aware parts of their souls scream forever for him.

(2/7)

(3/7)

(4/7)

(5/7)

(6/7)

(7/7) and as a bonus Mephisto needs Peter to actually kill someone before he can claim his soul. OMD was just part of his master plan to put it all in motion.

Pretty sure that's because Kaine's suit was that stealth suit that he took from Peter post-Spider Island.

Now post the OMD deal, for comparison.

It was. Somehow Madame Web changed its appearance. Never shown, just explained by some tossed in random throw away line during Yost's Scarlet Spider book.

(1/2)

(2/2)

Huh....I forgot about that.

Peter never made the deal, it was MJ who accepted. So if anyone would be dammed to hell in this situation it would be her.

>it was MJ who accepted
Fuckin' Quesada.

so when's Black Cat getting redeemed

>Reminder
It's Joe Kelly recycling the same story he did with Superman and Manchester Black. Iconic hero has his no-kill rule thrown in his face, seems to go to the other side, reaffirms his values and we all cheer. Yay.

The main difference is that Black was an antagonist and Deadpool is not, but it's the same theme. And like others have pointed out, Kelly doesn't have editorial fiat over the other Spider-title writers.
>Mephisto needs Peter to actually kill someone before he can claim his soul
Hell's gonna be pretty full if that's all it takes.

When Slott gets murdered.

>so when's Black Cat getting redeemed

Best girl will never come back, because editorial mandated for Black Cat to be turbo evil since they don't think Spider-Man should be friends with a criminal.

>Hell's gonna be pretty full if that's all it takes.

I mean, it might have something to do with the fact that God literally came down and told Spider-Man that he was his favorite super hero.

That was Iggy Pop and we both know it

No, it was Tommy Wiseau.

What a story Pete

Pete, we need it talk. It's about your sex life. HA HA!

>since they don't think Spider-Man should be friends with a criminal
But Frank Castle is OK

>Spidey confronts her gang
>something horrible happens and everyone's in danger
>he busts his ass saving all the criminals and Felicia remembers why she was jazzed on him in the first place
>she embarks on a Deadpool-esque quest to be a better person despite the shit she's done recently
>as all her character development was never itself retconned, just her knowing his identity, she can still have feelings for both Peter and Spidey

>but instead she's going to be evil an Kingpin-lite until Slott leaves the company and someone "rediscovers" her like they do with random b-listers, either throwing her into a recurring role on a series that doesn't fit her or gives her her own book that gets no support from Marvel and dies three issues in

how i envy you who do not waifu Felicia Hardy. this is true Hell.

Still got a lovely pair of jugs though

>Implying she's not just doing this to get Peter's attention now that he's moved onto corporate shit.

>since they don't think Spider-Man should be friends with a criminal.

She hasn't been a criminal for decades, prior to Superior though. She had been on the straight and narrow path for like 20 years.

Getting senpaider to notice you isn't the same as getting him to like you again.

Impossible?

Felicia has never made the best decisions when it comes to her husbando.

FUCKING SOLD
BEST SPIDERFU

Is Joe Kelly's Deadpool/Spider-Man team up book any good and worth adding to my pull?

>Clean for literal decades, helps heroes fight crime and prevents theft
>Decides "eh, just a few more times For old times sake"
>Gets caught by SpOck
>Punched in the face
>Sent to jail
>"REVENGE!"
>"NO ONE. AND I MEAN NO ONE FUCKS WITH BLACK CAT. ESPECIALLY WHEN I'M DOING SHIT I ALREADY KNOW IS BAD!"
>"Whats that!? Dock Ock mind swapped with you?"
>"That's totally logical. And you WERE acting pretty strange that night!"
>"But you're a goddamn LIAR, aren't you Spider-Man!?
>"REVENGE! IS ALL YOU DESERVE!"
>Forever back to my old ways of crime!

This is the current story of Black Cat.