Ridiculous comic cover thread,to get us through Friday

Ridiculous comic cover thread,to get us through Friday

Shouldnt she be Queen Kong?
And shouldnt she be bigger?

I've got a whole collection.

The dialog makes it even more confusing

Is this where Morrison got the inspiration for that odd episode in 'All Star Superman'?

What's oddest about that is that it seems a struggle, as if they're just two guys.

Why the hell would he be wearing the same costume.

I really need to read these old stories...

If Morrison's as thourough with Superman as he is with Batman, probably.

I always heard that these types of Silver Age comics were mostly just clickbait. Except for anything written by Bob Haney.

>Sorry, Jimmy, but as local witch doctor, I now pronounce you man and wife!

and people say Superman's boring.

The plot point is Lois becomes a fat shit

Kinky Pa

"approved by the comics code"

lol literally how there's a kid hanging on the cover

He makes a good point

Was Capt Marvel called Shazam even back then?

I would want to do a Lois Lane comic just to make ridiculous covers that trigger SJWs.

These are all great but this one is just too much

What's the context here?

The issue superman was a dead beat dad

This is a bit extreme

I AM BANE

This is the day The Flash learned not to talk to Superman before hes had his coffee

Hercules and Samson were recurring characters in the silver age.

With all of Superman's Powers hes only risen to Local witch doctor

This one's always good for a laugh.

I never get sick of Hawkman's fucking face.

I've read this story. Superman gets sick of Lois and Lana's rivalry and arranges Hercules and Samson to marry them. Lois and Lana keep getting Hercules and Samson in trouble, and in the end, Hercules and Samson have to ask Superman for help.

Silver age Superman was great. It was very little of a cape comic and more of Archie on drugs.

Now thats just being a douchebag Supes! You know you're inmue to those

>bald
it's luthor, isn't it

Damn it Robin kill yourself on your own time

Why did they love gorillas so much?

No, they just weren't allowed to put the name Captain Marvel on the cover because of Mar-Vell.

So, why did he have to?

Didn't Bane do this a few weeks ago?
Isn't this kinda how Injustice starts?

Gorillas on the cover sold more than non-gorilla covers.

This one is one of the ones I actually know. Robin broke his leg earlier and Batman wore a different costume each night so the criminals would be too distracted to take advantage of it.

It was to distract bad guys from realizing that Robin was Dick Grayson because he injured his arm protecting a girl from a robbery

Because sales went up every time. They even had to write up a schedule for when Gorilla's could appear in nooks so they didn't over-saturate the market with Gorillas and lose the appeal.

I'm convinced that this is the perfect comic book cover and I've never seen anything that proves otherwise.

Well... that is a way to get around it i guess

I wish Marvel did that so they wouldn't oversaturate the market

A classic (I know there's one where it was the people of Metropolis and not just Jimmy & Aquaman).

Would context even be enough to help these?

His son looks like Kid Miracleman.

>i am the autism

Wasn't this the ending of Camp Lazlo?

And people say Superman is not relateable.

>JLA as done by Tumbler

>the absolute madman.

>tfw to inteligent to be the child of the family

Rainbow Rocks

>The U.F.O that stole the U.S.A
that sounds like a legit story

>Some thug gets paid by the Anti-Superman Syndicate to shoot Superman with a weapon that will send him to another dimension and remove his powers
>Laser bounces off Superman and hits Lois
>Lois wakes up in a world where everyone is skinny and all cops are midgets (because midgets are statistically proven not to commit crimes)
>She gets arrested for not having ID and pushing a cop, but the prison is like a 5-star hotel, except there's a giant picture of you committing your crime on the wall of the cell
>There's a blond guy identical to Superman that brakes her out of prison, he's Titanman
>He's obsessed by the number 8, Lois Lane has 8 letters, so he takes her to his home planet to marry her
>The mask just hides his identity in his planet, there's no terrible secret about his face
>Lois finds out he already has 7 other wives and she'll be the 8th in line for everything from now on
>She tries to cancel the wedding, but Titanman uses his rape eye lasers to take away her will
>Superman shows up out of nowhere and Lois begs for him to save her
>lol no
>Lois wakes up
>It was all a dream

This sounds like something Family Guy would do

The Superman's twin brother one is actually Parasite who goes insane after absorbing Superman's powers and memories to a point that he even becomes a twisted version of Superman himself and forgets his own identity. He makes up a story about being Kor-El, a deformed secret twin brother sealed in a cave by Kal-El's mother and later by Kal-El himself, but he believed in that story). The whole farce comes apart when he comes into contact with Kryptonite thanks to Batman making a statue out secretly out of it, then he basically melts, revealing himself to be Parasite.

thicc

I would pay good money if modern comics parodied these covers

>modern marvel

Every now and then DC do a variant based on one of these, but not nearly often enough.

its just a prank bro

yeah, too many Gorillas lately

I recall Rebirth Flash #9's cover being a callback to the Flash of Two Worlds comic, but I want more silly shit, like the cover with The Flash getting punched out by Superman or Rainbow Batman

asshole superman is amazing

Injustice_Year_1.jpg

>kryptonite handcuffs
i am so confused

My mind is blow at how many of these somehow predicted modern DC and Marvel stories

Hal and Pals #14 Variant has a great throwback cover.

>Injustice 2 comic series comes out
>Variant covers are all references to times when Superman was an asshole
I'd preorder that shit