What does Sup Forums think of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EJEJK9ayqps
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Great, a true "film"

Sup Forums overrates it
It's not a bad flick but Casey Affleck is a distractingly bad actor

Why? He fit the role of his character perfectly

Well the movie is just too deep for me if it's greatness depends on having a bad actor give a shitty performance.

Why was it a shitty performance in your opinion?

They should make a movie like this about lincoln as idris elba

Same facial expression entire movie
No depth or ability to convey why his character does what he does.

amazing, love it, kino, unforgettable, great everything, only watch films as good as this one if you can

>Same facial expression entire movie
Because he was trying to outdo Jesse James from the start. What did you expect, for him to cry or whine?
And if you think that's a problem then I don't understand how did you not mention Brad Pitt's character, he basically has the same expression like on that poster throughout the film

>No depth or ability to convey why his character does what he does.
I think he played a hungry wannabe coward pretty good.

A different facial expression for starters.
I'm not demanding Sean Bean style facial storytelling. But maybe try for at least some sort of acting.

I highly disagree.

No one in the entire film is "expressive" at all.
And acting is not just about frowning your eyebrows, it's overall body language and vocal delivery of lines. He was decent.

The other actors were plenty expressive.
Affleck literally sameface, same delivery in everything he's been in

Why does that matter if it fits the role? It fits the role here, and it fits perfectly in his role of Manchester by the Sea.
It's like complaining that Gosling is too emotionally stunted in films like Drive and BR2049 and acts the same, no matter that that kind of performance is perfect for both of those characters.

Why does it matter to me if actors are bad at their jobs?
Is this a serious question?

Not great, but very good.

throw away narrator and this movie will be perfect

I'm explaining you how they are good at their job by picking roles that fit them perfectly and how your argument "same delivery in everything he's beein in" is invalid

too long. fell asleep

Yeh but I'm not buying that pitiful explanation. He's not really a bad actor he just chose a role that required bad acting. Just no.
That character could have been so much better with a good actor.

It was good Abraham Lincoln deserved it.

roastie detected

>"you've got a big pecker"

What did he mean by this?

Characters are allowed to be quiet and reserved, user.

Acting isn't about chewing the scenery every time you're on camera.

>dude being a celebrity sucks lmao

Ridley Scott's masterpiece.

Boring and pretentious.

"Boring" is not a valid argument, it only says what your mood was while watching the film.
Same as saying "it was fun", that does not indicate anything about the actual quality of the film whatsoever.

One of my favourite movies, it's perfect in every way

Can some user tell me why they LIKED it? What's so good about this movie? I don't even understand why it had to exist as a movie; the narration proves that it works better as a book.

Go read a review faggot

Thanks for your input, user. I seem to have misinterpreted what a thread about a movie on a TV and Film board is for. I'll immediately get to work on reporting every thread that discusses TV or Movies and I'll make sure to tell them to go "read reviews"

>casey Affleck is a decent actor
No he isn't stop trying so hard to make this faggot be a good actor.
He's given a shit tier performance in every single thing he's ever been in.

One of my top 10 all time, I think Pitt also says it's his best performance.
What I loved is how the movie accurately translates the pressure in the room when Jesse is there, the distortion field around him.
Everybody changes their behavior around him because he's that charismatic. He even handles his irreverent older brother in such a carefree way that you can't help but be drawn in
And Affleck almost plays the role of the audience, an awkward reverence for celebrity and a meek attempt to personify a great figure instead of relying on your own character.
All topped off with stunning visuals and sound editing

the best small pasta

t. someone who thinks that a character has to be screaming and frowning their eyebrows very hard in order for it to be called "acting"

You better strap on a shootin' iron

t.someone who thinks it's bad acting on purpose cuz the script calls for it

Go on youtube and find a single scene from the film where you think that the acting is bad. You can even use Manchester by the Sea if you want, take any scene and tell me how is the portrayal of the character wrong at all.

Why?
So you can make up more bullshit off the top of your head about how it's actually good acting because [connect dots that have no business being connected]

First of all dude has a speech impediment that guarantees he won't be able do do anything other than recite.
He's shit.

Okay sure I accept your defeat.

Congratulations on your prize of absolutely nothing

>tfw the movie is a eulogy to Bob

He ending man

youtube.com/watch?v=EJEJK9ayqps

Best kino of 2018.