Make me understand

Make me understand.

They like ham.

That's the most ham-fisted attempt at a comic I have ever seen.

Am I just too dumb for Heathcliff's sophisticated humour?

Not necessarily. You just need to put in the time and the work. Anyone can open their minds to Heathcliff, but it's not something that happens overnight.

Just read Heathcliff everyday and eventually something will "click."

advanced alzheimers

The HAM situation has been escalating for a while. Soon the entire planet will proclaim it's love for HAM

this would make sense if he were leaving a mental institution

is that something dementia?

how oddly threatening. Post more heathcliff

I don't understand anything
am I having a stroke

okay, what's with the helmet gag. Where did that begin?

I feel like Heathcliff is the equivalent of numbers stations: This is all a code for some top secret government conspiracy to transfer information.

These have got to be edits, right? There's no way these could actually be published comics.

This is the first one I've understood.

So is the ape a recurring character or what? What kind of nightmare world is this?

explain it

He kept trying to eat the bird.

The cat kept trying to eat the bird so the lady replaced her bird with a mouse. It's supposed to be ironic.

I prefer that version

The one in is a shoop

Somehow Heathcliff just makes less sense to me as time goes on. When I first encountered these comics I thought I could see the inkling of jokes in them, but now there's only confusion.

Heatcliff is a master piece that needs to be seem in the eyes of the author

But yourself in Peter Gallagher place, you are a young inspiring cartoonist once wanted to have a famous comic strip, but instead is stuck in a dead-end job as the substitute of a dead hack continuing a pre-historic mediocre comic of a B- characters that will continue forever just for the status quo of the brain-dead nostalgic elderly cat-people newspapers public, and once you die, they will put another poor soul to the carry on with the job.

Everyday you have to draw the same shit ass cat and make up a joke using only one frame, you become a shadow of artist, you forget how to draw anything that isn't the stupid cat, you have no identity of your own, they give you the identity of a dead cat comic fag that isn't even the most famous cat comic fag in the planet.

Then you feel the need to go experimental, you draw nothing but nonsense and for your surprise your boss accept this, there is no standarts, just a white canvas where you can express any insanity and be rewarded, like a twisted piece of monderm art made to criticize modern art itself, because this is the appeal of the current art "Conformity", the newspapers-comics fanbase is the joke itself, a bunch of garbage eaters with no brain that will eat anything up as comedy. The elderly cat-people may eat it up, but Gallagher makes this comic for us, the public who hates newspaper comics, us who not conform with all this insanity that he makes, this is his art, this is his hate, this is his love.

Is this a joke about drone delivery services?
Did I get it? What's the prize?

Illumination

>Did I get it? What's the prize?

Didn't someone in the industry confirm that the dadaism nightmare that Heathcliff has become is completely intended?

I enjoy how heathcliff threads are the equivalent of E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy threads on Sup Forums
>Dont try to understand
>you earn HAM
>Your legs are OK

What's not to understand?

No, it's enlightenment.

Is he trying to say that only white bread goes to heaven?

I don't understand how putting a different small animal that cats often eat in the cage as a replacement makes sense.

it implied heathcliff wouldn't eat a mouse, which is his job as a cat

Is Ham fashionable?

>All these plebs not realizing that Heathcliff is a sophisticated jab at right-wing media, and a critique of Abrahamic religion in the western world

See,now I can appreciate this.

I...think something is clicking. My head is throbbing with pain but I feel as though I've somehow evolved.

Embrace it, user. The Heathpill will set you free.

GARFIELD

I'm pretty sure the first helmet strip was "Watch out. He's wearing the Ham Helmet."