So we all know that the pairings in MvCI will be based on personality

So we all know that the pairings in MvCI will be based on personality.

>Rocket Raccoon with Megaman because Rocket loves weapons and Mega is basically a living weapon.

>Carol and Chun-Li because they're both head strong, female leaders.

What other pairings should we expect to see?

Other urls found in this thread:

metro.co.uk/2017/04/27/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-hands-on-first-play-and-interview-it-wont-be-disappointing-6601300/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's Carol and Ryu that they're pairing off.

No, it's Carol and Chun-Li

>You saw in the teaser Rocket and X, right? Rocket’s really interested in technology and tinkering with things, and then you have X. You also have Chun-Li and Captain Marvel: two very powerful female characters that are at the forefront. So we’re looking at characters that play off each other well, work together well. But also important, as you say, is those more fan service characters that people want to see brought back.

>metro.co.uk/2017/04/27/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-hands-on-first-play-and-interview-it-wont-be-disappointing-6601300/

Just because they're both girls. Fucking retarded. X would hate Rocket, all X wants is peace and an end to the fighting.

>Just because they're both girls. Fucking retarded

I agree on this. Complete mismatch.

>X would hate Rocket, all X wants is peace and an end to the fighting.

This however, I feel is the entire point of the pairing. They're looking for personalities that play off each other, so it would be interesting to see X and Raccoon at odds.

Also, I kinda get the feeling that's what they're going for, even in the brief moment in the trailer where we see the two together, X looks annoyed with Rocket for bothering him.

Fair enough. I kinda feel like matching him with Chris would be a better idea, though. Maybe X with Captain America would be neat.

Deadpool and Dante (curayzee guns)
Medusa and Morrigan (queens)
Captain America and Captain Commando (Captains)
Hulk and Asura (Power)
Iron Fist and Gene (Fists)
Moon Girl and Regina (Dinosaurs)

Carol is into Spider women, she should be paired with Juri instead.

Speaking of Chris, I wonder who he's matching with.

My main guesses would either be Hawkeye, Captain America, or Meme Lord.

Haggar/Luke Cage
Wesker/Nick Fury
Protoman/Vergil
Firebrand/Ghost Rider

Peter is either going to be paired with Felicia because of animal themes or a straight man to play off his jokes.

If the first, how long till Marvel starts meming about Peter getting with catgirls like they did with Kitty and Peters I wouldn't necessarily be upset if they did.

Spider-Man that is, not Starlord.

You mean Star Lord

>>Carol and Chun-Li because they're both head strong, female leaders.
What, exactly, did Chunners ever lead?

She's an Interpol agent with a knack for "big sister" adoption of street youths, a revenge fetish, and the most amazing legs in fightan history... but the most she ever commanded was Charlie Nash's dick.

I know what I said.

Chris and Hawkeye would be good for a laugh.
I imagine Chris would talk about how much he hates bows after having to fight all those enemies with bowguns.

You mean Meme Lord

Also, the name "Rocket Raccoon" (if that's what they'll be using) sounds like a Maverick name

Shit, you're right.

>Rocket Raccoon with Megaman because Rocket loves weapons and Mega is basically a living weapon
And Rocket Raccoon sounds like a Maverick name, you can even change it into Torpedo Tanuki and still has the Maverickish name.

I could see Felicia and Black Panther.

Peter's usually been paired up with Strider, hasn't he?

Only in MvC1.

And UMVC3 if you count the opening

Is Star-Lord and Ruby Heart an adequate pairing?

>the most amazing legs in fightan history
That's why Carol would want to team up with her.

I don't think any of the OCs are coming back.

Don't the Japanese names for them usually corrupt the name of animal?
Like Horneck or Rosered.

So do you think the covers will have dual Marvel/Capcom reveals? It would only make sense.

Probably.

>it's never gonna happen
I'll never understand.

Think marvel's going to throw any curveballs, or can their entire side pretty uch just be guessed from the tie in variant covers?

Sure they could. They can't make a roster out of just MCU characters.

>or can their entire side pretty uch just be guessed from the tie in variant covers?

This game is supposed to have more than UMvC3, which had 50 characters I believe. So no, those aren't the only Marvel picks we're getting.

>Spider-Man/Deadpool 20 will get a variant.

>Slapstick is supposed to play a role in that arc.

OH SHIT NIGGA!

This a good pairing anons?

MemeLord is almost a certainty at this point, with all that Memes of the Galaxy hype around. Plus regular human with guns.

i think its more like
>chunli is a famous female character, representative of a company, if not an entire genre
>Carol is the woman Marvel wants to be all of that, so they pair them together.

>Venom and Nemesis
>Asura and Iron Fist
>She Hulk and Phoenix Wright
>Dante and Ghost Rider
>Deadpool and Frank West
>Spider-Man and Felicia

Here's hoping for a Maverick skin for Rocket complete with a different pair of eyes matching Mega Man X's artstyle

>Dance off hyper combo

Make it so Capcom

I unironically want this

Crossover skins would be nice. Black Cat Felicia, SHIELD Chris and Jill, Hand Strider, you could get some creative stuff there.

If Star-Lord gets in, I just hope to god he gets his old costume or at the very least a combination of his old and movie costumes. Movie Star-Lord's helmet triggers me.

The only reason to not give him a helmet was for Chris Pratt facetime. Not as much of an issue with other mediums. And anyway, Rocket was in his usual outfit last game, wasn't he? No reason to assume the same won't carry over to game-lord.

>yfw star lord is street-fighter literate, or makes a power glove reference, or some kind of old arcade reference

But Rocket's outfit is different this time around, so.