Tom Hardy to star in Venom, Ruben Fleischer to direct

Well, fuck.

> The project is one of Sony’s top priorities and the studio is not wasting time as the movie is set to open Oct. 5, 2018.
Sony has ensnared a star and director for its Spider-Man offshoot, Venom.

Tom Hardy, who was nominated for an Oscar for his work in The Revenant, is in final negotiations to star in Venom, while Ruben Fleischer, best known for directing Zombieland, is final negotiations to helm the movie project centering on one of Spider-Man’s signature villains.

The project is one of Sony’s top priorities and the studio is not wasting time as the movie is set to open Oct. 5, 2018.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/venom-movie-2018-tom-hardy-star-ruben-fleischer-direct-1004115?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Thoughts, Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/SonyPictures/status/865629713225572352
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hmmmm now Im somewhat interested in the movie. I wonder who they will get for that Black Cat/Silver Sable team-up movie

>Thoughts, Sup Forums ?

Fuck it, why not.

VENOM?

So will it be MCU or not? IS Spiderman even going to be in it?

Huh, that was unexpected.

I'm interested in this movie now.

Would like some scenes featuring Peter Parker and not Spidey like Agent Venom did a couple times. Casuals love getting references like that anyway

>Holy shit, that guy is Spider-Man! Peter Parker!

> hardy does not fit brock at all
> Zombieland director
> sony
it's shit bros

On the one hand

>Tom Hardy

On the other hand Ruben Fleischer hasn't directed a good movie since Zombieland, 30 Minutes or Less and Gangster Squad were both fucking terrible.

So the Magic 8-Ball seems to say "Cannot Predict Now."

Heh, so this is still happening.

Not MCU. Sony is developing their own Marvel Universe. Once the deal with Disney expires, Spider-Man will likely be introduced in this universe - but as of now only Venom and Black Cat/Silver Sable are in development

>So will it be MCU or not?

No. Homecoming is basically a one off.

So is this Venom related to spider-man or...? Cause that's kind of a big part of his backstory

Also all that casting stuff is meaningless to me so explain if its good or not

Fuck fuck fuck what are you doing Hardy

I fucking love this actor, so please don't ruin his career Sony.

No, but Spider-man is getting another sequel and the contract renewed after Infinity War.

He is a big guy

But Tom Holland is in Infinity War?

>Bane
>Venom
LIKE POTTERY

IT RHYMES

So the man who uses venom to be a big guy
Is now becoming venom

>> hardy does not fit brock at all
What if it isn't Brock?

WHAT IS SONY'S FUCKING OBSESSION WITH THE SYMBIOTES?

So will they recast people or just ignore it for the most part and keep it loosely related like the netflix shows?

>I fucking love this actor, so please don't ruin his career Sony.

If Nemesis couldn't ruin his career nothing can.

Introducing Venom before/without Spider-Man just sounds completely pants on head retarded

>So will it be MCU or not? IS Spiderman even going to be in it?
No and no.

Sony just confirmed big guy for Venom on twitter.

I have mixed feelings. I still don't want this movie to happen because Spider-Man's not involved, but I'm still gonna see it no matter what, so I'd want it to be the best movie it can still be. And Tom Hardy and Ruben Fleischer are good choices, so I like it so far

>All those people that exist because of Spider-Man or had their debut baptized by Spidey's fists will appear before the main guy himself

What the fuck. Could be interesting if it's all R rated stuff though. The edgy side of Spidey's stories compared to the tame MCU can be great marketing.

Well this is Sony after all.

THAT'S EVEN WORSE

Is that a scar?

There is zero chance this will classic Eddie Venom.

It will take on this, and I can already see ot as FOX's Deadpool minus quips.

What if Hardy plays a crook who's being pursued by the Lethal Protector, allowing them to play Anti-Hero Venom and his Slasher origins all at once?

>Still gonna see it no matter what
That's part of the reason we're getting this goddamn thing in the first place.

What is it's the edgemeister from the recent issues.

they heard all the venomfags in the 90s and never forgot about it

the worst part about this is

> russos could've introduced symbiote suit in infinity wars perfectly since spidey they're fighting an intergalactic being in thanos

sony is the worst, and it's because that faggot tom rothman from fox is now in charge. kevin smith was right, in hollywood you can only fail up

Honestly an Agent Venom movie with the Crimemaster/Jack o lantern story could be great.

Avi Arad.

He ran Toy Biz with Perlmutter back in the early 90's and saw how well Venom sold, and whenever he goes to conventions and other places to talk to vendors he finds out that Venom merch still sells, so in his mind he believes they need to get Venom in the movies fast.

Flash Venom is the only thing I see working in live action, the concept is too cool not to waste. Will he be in Guardians 3, you think?

Shouldn't Kevin Smith be CEO of Earth by now then?

Maybe they have a chance to introduce the alien costume in GoTG3 is they make Spidey a guest.

Techically not, but I'm hopeful it's not so incompatible that you can't just headcanon it in to the rest of the MCU

>>Hardy will play Venom and a guy addicted to Venom.

Kevin Smith is just that bad at failing user

gunn gives no fucks about spidey, he's telling his cosmic story

sony is going to be the ones that ruin everything

TELL ME ABOUT VENOM WHY DOE HE WEAR THE SYMBIOTE

Is he, dare I say it, our /bigguy/?

So is Brock the big guy or the symbiote or are they two little guys who become a big guy together?

I also think Agent is the only way to go.

Eddie Venom would not only be ridiculously hard to make properly but also cannot see him as anti-hero from the start.

YOU'RE A BIG SYMBIOTE

Oh god.

mobile.twitter.com/SonyPictures/status/865629713225572352

IT IS EDDIE BROCK

Prepare for shitfest.

I don't get why Sony just doesn't make a Venom Franchise within the MCU. There's so much more mileage if that were the case.

No it isn't. Tom Holland will be in Infinity War, the sequel to Homecoming and Avengers 4, all of which are in the MCU.

That release date seems too soon, it'll probably get pushed back. Or end up going the way of Gambit

Couldn't they just make Eddie the villain as Anti-Venom trying to "cure" the symbiote from Flash in the movie?

IF I RING THIS, WILL YOU DIE

I am so looking forward to this trainwreck, day zero for me,

Tell me about Venom, why does he wear the symbiote.

He's a big villain.

>they are seriously trying
When will fags understand that not every comic character is suited for a solo movie.

Because avi arad will never work with feige again.

It's Sony; logical choices don't exist.

DR. DISNEY, IM KINO

> tripfag with shit opinions, color me surprised

any character in fiction is good enough if you have the writing

for fuck sakes we've had 2 movies with talking trees and raccoons and they could carry a spinoff together if gunn wrote it

it's arad and sony in general being stupid yes

arad is cancer. feige KNEW he was cancer from before during his climbing the ladder days at Raimi spidey, and when he made the MCU deal with sony, he made 100% sure that arad was not in the deal

sony is retarded because rothman is in charge

If it's Lee Price? Movie is doomed.

Cast Aiden Gillian as Carnage and we have prime meme kino.

Thing is, I do think Venom can do his own franchise. BUT, only within the MCU. I mean, I think you could actually do a lot with Venom in the MCU, and even have fun ideas like it attaching to the Hulk, bringing in the other symbiotes, etc. Symbiotes are such a Marvel Staple that I don't know what is going to happen with this film hitting.

>not Brock
REEEEEEEE

>John Fiztegeral is dying, scalped in the river.
>He notices something black in the water
>With his powers, John Fitzgerald will travel through the BIG GUY multiverse collecting the 6 infinite pelts
>Tom Hardy as John Fitzgerald, Bane and Bronson

IT'S ALREADY CONFIRMED TO BE BROCK

@SonyPictures
Tom Hardy is Eddie Brock in #Venom, the upcoming film from Sony’s Marvel Universe releasing October 5, 2018 – production starts this fall. pic.twitter.com/OZQqDEvoum
2:06 PM - 19 May 2017

this is going to be shit. hardy will be fine, he's a great actor, but he's miscast and this movie is just sony being a bunch of greedy fags trying to kill the golden goose all over again. feige reset their shitty franchise and they're already squandering it

FUCK YOU FAGGOTS HE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE ORION

REEEE I'M SO MAD

So, are they going to ripoff Prototype or the Darkness?

Crasing this plane

Orion was never going to appear in the snyder flicks.

> implying that new genesis won't be the deus ex machina that helps beat darkseid in JLA2

new gods are all but guaranteed

They're about twenty years too late with this one.

Yes he will. They are gonna have a New Gods movie.

>>Fiege only wanted Spider-Man out of the trade.
That seems so wasteful.

Hasn't it been confirmed that Andrew Garfield will be reprising his role? Or did some user just bullshit me

>Tom Hardy
>not being Wolverine
Shit.

Some user might be bullshitting you.

Im 100% sure its more possible to have Spider-man 4 than TASM3 these days.

Feige probably values Civil War and Infinity War more than nabbing all of Spider-man and his related characters. If he wanted the whole thing, we might still be in negotiation.

Alright... Eddie, Gargan, Flash or Lee?

Bullshit. We don't even know how far can Sony go as far as using this current Spider-man outside of the MCU goes. They might be able to throw him in this movie even if they can't reference anything specific to the MCU.

>hardy does not fit brock at all

But user, Brock is a big guy.

>I still don't want this movie to happen because Spider-Man's not involved, but I'm still gonna see it no matter what

you are part of the problem

confirmed for Eddie Brock by Sony

Look, guys, here's the thing.
Thanks to the success of Winter Soldier, any complain about the actors or the directors' past works is completely null now.

>Guy who played the Human Torch
>a joke of a character in a joke of a film
>considered THE Captain my captain now

>2 guys who directed You, Me and Dupree
>Winter Soldier was so good they got asked to direct TWO Avengers films

Throw in GOTG's James Gunn if you want. All bets are off.

Kek retard it's the other way around. Sony can use him all they want. It's their rights. The MCU is the one where we don't know how long Sony will let them use him.

According to Holland he won't be in anything past Infinity War cause Marvel are being super jews and wanting majority profits on a character they own no rights to.

>The project is one of Sony’s top priorities and the studio is not wasting time as the movie is set to open Oct. 5, 2018.
As I explained before, it is actually easy to explain why Sony Pictures is doing this.

Right now Sony Pictures only has Spiderman, they have no other major IP. And the issue is that they were forced by Sony Japan to give Marvel creative control.

If Homecoming was successful, it would mean that Sony Picture's only major property is better off being managed by an outside company, thus rendering all current Sony Pictures leaders useless and obsolete. If you can't take credit for the film then you can't get rewarded for it.

This means, unless they do something quick, by making successful films NOT linked to the MCU that they can take credit for, the major leaders would have no major accomplishments and are liable to be fired for incompetence.

But of course, since they ARE incompetent, the Venom and Black Cat films will almost certainly fail. This is the desperate struggle of Sony Pictures CEOs trying to tell other people that they are not idiots.

As a Venomfag I'm glad a movie is happening and Big Guy is a great actor, but I really wanted Venom in the MCU so I'm a bit booty blasted.

>Kill the Spider-man franchise
>get Marvel's help to renew public interest
>Just when everything is starting to go good for Sony, they get greedy and try to fuck it all up

The mad men!

Holy shit this is awesome.

Venom will be a big guy.

Except Gangster Squad was a terrible movie. It looked nice, but everything else about it was embarrassing.

Fleischer can only do comedy.

It's not like he can't appear later. Sony can talk all it wants, but I doubt Homecoming will be the end of the MCU deal.

And that live-action Scooby Doo film was an abomination, yet James Gunn's GOTG is widely considered to be quite an achievement, despite what some here might disagree.

Possibly Taika Waititi too. Trailer was good.

Eh, negotiations can make anything happen. It's not like, if they want to combine the two things they'd have to do a Crisis crossover to explain mutiverses. Most won't care/mind.

>And that live-action Scooby Doo film was an abomination
In what universe?