Manchildren BTFO

Rian's Star Wars trilogy being planned for filming.

scotsman.com/news/new-star-wars-film-to-shoot-scenes-in-scotland-1-4650768

Other urls found in this thread:

houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Disney-hopes-for-its-next-blockbuster-in-newest-12349215.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_sequels_by_box-office_improvement
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

God I hope the han solo movie is a total disaster

It's our only chance to stop the endless star wars cinematic universe

They saved the film from being a comedy and gave it to Ron Howard who is a pretty good director. I hope they delay it though because apparently large parts of the film were reshot.

>only

And it's going to tank insanely hard because of it. His name will become box office poison like M. Night Shyamalan

this could be fine, tlj suffered because he tried to "do something new" with already established characters. as long as its with people we have never seen before just with the same brand space lasers and space magic it could be fine. better than a jj trilogy for sure

>Disney going full Mahvel and shitting out copypaste flicks on an annual basis now

Glad to see Kennedy standing for a decision for once

Explain frog poster

Disney will never take a risk like lord and miller or alden again. JJ and Rian are competent directors for general audiences no matter how much fans hate them. And don't pretend fans are going to turn away from these movies. The stockholm and battered wife syndrome will take hold every year and they will find themselves paying for another ticket. The only hope is for general audiences to balk these movies.

Look up the numbers for Split. Shyamalan is redeemed.

Disney owns marvel you moron.

Thats because its now nothing but gravy for them.

>Meanwhile TLJ sails past one billion
Nah. It'll do fine.

It's a good thing revenue is equivalent to profit and can replace Disney's initial investment.

>i dont want things i dont like to exist
how old are you?

>They saved the film
lol

This one will make about 1.3 billion, yes, but you're only thinking in the present when you should be thinking of the future. Han Solo won't hit a billion. Episode 9 will barely hit 1 billion considering the damage that's been done with this movie. Disney is setting themselves up to fail because they keep shitting out these movies. The Prequels all made alright money in the box office because there were years between each one for people to kind of forget how bad the last one was. Disney is just forcing bad Star Wars movies down our throats now and I can promise you that people are going to get sick of it really fast.

Oh, by the way, Jumanji beat TLJ for the four day weekend. So just think about that for a moment. A Jumanji sequel with the Rock and Kevin Hart in it beat a fucking Episodic Star Wars movie.

Just wait until Finn and Poe runs into the Guardians of the Galaxy and Iron Man to force Sith Lord Dr. Doom.

>saved the film
get a load of this corporate viral marketer

I don't want a company making a lot of money off nothing more than a brand, for a decade, while displacing things that are actually good

I'm posting from the future, so zero

Not him but I'm dieing inside because I actually want opie taylor to fail

How can you argue that Howard is worse than the fucking Lego directors?

>implying revenues=net income

BRUH LOOK AT THIS DOOD

>checks box-office totals for the two movies
I'm fine with this. Good counter programming by Sony. TLJ has been out longer and has burned through much of its intense demand. And it will make a shitload more than Jumanji at the end of the day.

TLJ is successful. Domestically and globally. Anyone who says otherwise lacks perspective on the box-office.

Funny you mention perspective, because they wanted 2bn and got maybe 1.2 when it's all completely over. A legendary saga bringing the flagship hero back after 30 years, selling way less than Age of Quiptron.

I'm convinced that Sup Forums is 80% newfags and the average user turn over is 3 weeks

You will be gone by the next shitty meme

Thanks for visiting Sup Forums, Disney shill.

uh dude

They also talked about them Ghostbusters sequels right after that came out, what ever happened with those?

>he says this while defending a movie in which they had to hire an acting coach for the lead
OH NO NO NO

Hope they stop casting whites

Show me where they expected 2 billion. Where is your source?

And go back and see how AOTC and ESB did as middle films in their respective trilogies. TLJ is following the same pattern down to nearly the same percentages.

Most excellent. While there is no real chance of this bankrupting Disney as a whole, it is the best way to ruin the franchise so utterly that they will seriously consider selling it off or decanonizing the nuWars continuity.

>They saved the film from being a comedy
It probably would have been better as a comedy.

I saw you memeing from the first page faggot. I'm just the PSA telling you to quit shitting up the board.

>I HERD THE NAME IT FAMUS PERSON SO HE GOOD

>Ep7 2.2 billion
>Ep8 1.2 billion
>Ep9 0.2 billion
Hmmm

>They saved the film from being a comedy

Han Solo film not being a comedy? Had you ever watched the OT, dumbass?

Disney must be mobilizing everyone they could, judging by decreasing quality of shills.

houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Disney-hopes-for-its-next-blockbuster-in-newest-12349215.php

And again with a strawman. Different generation altogether, several billion people less on earth, no marketing blitz, no established brand marketed for three fucking decades, no mouse machine behind. And now they claim it was 1.6 which is still way too much given the nonexistent legs.

>MoffettNathanson LLC is an independent research boutique

What does this have to do with disney's expectations?

You're proving my point. This is quoting some industry observer. Show me where Disney said they expected $2 billion.

You seriously think Disney has its own research division? Are you seriously this retarded? Do you understand how the business world works?

Michael Nathanson speaks for Disney?

>Do you understand how the business world works?

You don't because you assume disney shares the opinion of a research group cited by a financial article.

Disney deleted the budget in fear of admitting it's a bomba, do you expect them to outright admit they shat the bed?

Because businesses don't hire other businesses to do things they aren't equipped to do. Nope. That would never happen.

I don't have a problem with someone assuming stuff without evidence

But when someone presents non-evidence as evidence they need a willy slap

>g-guys disney wasn't expecting that a sequel of a movie that made 2 billions to make 2 billions h-haha I want proofs!
Shills are getting more and more retarded, it's amazing

Then you should have no problem proving it

Until then all you have is a 3rd party opinion with no evidence disney commissioned it let alone believed it

And then if you find these things with google now, you still made a claim you knew nothing about and tried to pass literallynothing as proof

TFA had extreme amount of nostalgia behind it. The drop from TFA to Rogue One was already telling that Disney were never going to see those numbers again.

Sequels historically make significantly less than the first installment

Please tell us how much you know about this business

Literally not true

>the new film will be the first in a standalone trilogy breaking away from the original timeline
>not the original timeline
FUCK YEAH THE FORCE UNLEASHED TRILOGY CONFIRMED
ABOUT TIME

And here are the proofs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_sequels_by_box-office_improvement

Sequels are literally expected to make more than the original.

This thread has way too much rebbit spacing. How about you continue the discussion over there?

>TFA had extreme amount of nostalgia behind it.
Yeah and a movie with Luke fucking Skywalker in the poster called "The Last Jedi" as in "Luke dies here boys" didn't have nostalgia factor. The opening weekends for both movies were similar, something like 240 and 220 right? And then TLJ dropped like a fucking brick because it's a terrible movie and now it's going to make 700 to 900 million less

>Disney going full Mahvel

If only.
The Marvel movies are at least being made with coherent overall narratives and themes, as well as a respect and love for the source material. Nu-Star Wars is a fucking amateur mess by comparison.

Did ESB make more than ANH? Did AOTC make more than TPM? How does one explain the pattern that every second film in a Star Wars trilogy goes down in the box-office then the numbers slightly recover in the third film? I'll wait for your response.

Oh yes, let me just sneak into the Disney files and get that for you. They won't even show publicly what the budget was, what makes you think they'd show you how much they were planning on making? But you'll just stick your fingers in your ears and go "LA-LA-LA" as loud as you can because you know for a fact that it's not making what Disney wanted it to make and that it's failing hard in ever regard. No sequel should make less than the first movie unless that first movie sucked major ass. A good movie in part of a series should be enough for people to want to see what happens next. You're absolutely pathetic for defending this garbage movie.

>If only.
What fucking faggotry is this? NuWars is vastly superior to Marvel Quip Universe. Fuck Marvel. Fucking TV-rate films.

Because rebbit loves the movie so all the shills have to come here.

>No sequel should make less than the first movie
Except in the case of every Star Wars sequel ever made

>Comparing to movies released generations ago.
>Comparing to ANH -> ESB drop which was only so high because ANH was in theatres for FIVE years straight
>Comparing to the drop between then shilled to fuck disappointment TPM and the even worse AOTC which only dropped so much because they were both awful

You can't just say 'oh two movies dropped X amount therefore this one dropping similar is fine' they both dropped for very different reason in different generations. Not comparable

TFA was pretty liked all around, people have nitpicks but most overlooked them because it was enjoyable. The sequel dropping $800m makes no sense unless, you know, the fans really don't like it.

Because ANH was on theaters for a fucking decade, ANH was one of the first blockbusters and it's basically a revolution in Western pop culture.

AotC made less than TPM because TPM was shit and AotC was even worse so this is actually a good comparison to the nu Wars

MCU is only coherent because it robs individual superheroes of their identities and strips them down to the same cookie-cutter basic routine so they don't collide more than they already do. The entire Universe is a huge disappointment to the genre, having an identity that rests almost entirely in its non-identity and ability to stretch a final boss for 15 films for no good reason but money.

>Some sequels improve at the box office
>Here's a list of them

>This is evidence that sequels improve on average

Burger math everyone.

>No one is giving me (You)s
>Hehe I'll just call the whole thread reddit

Just take this and go

>*are expected to improve
FTFY

Because, you know, that's what happens when you have a successful franchise.

Ron Howard? The guy who directed the shitty Robert Langdon movies Angels and Demons, etc? The guy who made The Dilemma, which is considered to be one of the worst romantic comedies ever made? A dude who wrote and directed romantic comedies?

It's going to be terrible.

We can warn people its shit before its even filmed

Rush was good.

>what makes you think they'd show you how much they were planning on making?

I don't. I haven't made a single claim. The one and only problem here is you claim to know and provide false evidence for it.

But yes keep getting assblasted instead of just not replying

>The sequel dropping $800m makes no sense unless, you know, the fans really don't like it.

Fans sat through the prequels at least once

What hurts the box office is normies not giving word of mouth

We have proven already that studios expect sequels to perform better than the originals, just stop.

Don't forget he also made the Grinch. I don't even know if he made a decent movie since Willow.

>You can't just say 'oh two movies dropped X amount therefore this one dropping similar is fine'
You most certainly can if that is the pattern and TLJ's performance is conforming almost perfectly to said pattern.

At the end of the day this is all academic. TLJ is making an obscene amount of money and Disney is laughing their way to the bank.

I want to see a brand new story with original new characters with absolutely zero connection to the OT. And I want to see it fail miserably.

why do we need to stop it

>I don't want time, labor and resources to be invested in things I might like instead of crappy resurrections
Do you think you have a 3-digits IQ? If so, think again, if you can.

So because it didn't come from Disney's mouth you won't stand to hear it. I guess that company is always wrong with their projections and is out of business now. It's safe to assume Disney was hoping for around 1.9 Billion as well. You claim that they weren't hoping for that much so why don't you prove that they weren't. Prove that Disney was really only hoping for the 1.2 billion it was going to make. This movie might be making money but the damage it has done to the brand and franchise along with Disney's desire to shit one of these movies out every year is setting up the future for failure. This movie is literally the "Fool me once" part of the saying.

>I don't even know if he made a decent movie since Willow.
Rush

Rush was shit friend

Wait they're already gearing up for a second new trilogy? TFA only just came out in 2015 for crying out loud. They are cheapening star wars, it won't be special if they pump out a new movie every year for perpetuity.

Proof that they're making obscene amounts of money? This just hit 1 billion world-wide so how much was the budget for the movie? How much did they spend on marketing? How much did they spend on other various costs for the movie? You think that 1 billion is all profit?

>*are expected to improve

You objected to my claim that said nothing of expectations, and provided a wikipedia article that didn't even measure what you wanted to disprove.

And if you're trying to move the goal post, actually move the goal post. If sequels don't improve at the box office on average, they aren't expected to improve either.

Split was pretty decent, 7/10. Saw it on a transoceanic flight last year.

>the reasons doesn't matter, because number are similar

Jesus fuckin christ Disney. That's not how you analysise statistics.

It's successful at the box office but not as successful as anyone would have expected. Plus it is divisive and has turned off a substantial part of the fanbase. The drop off in numbers is worrying and instead of paving the way for the final part, the success of the final part and therefore the trilogy in maintaining the franchise is in doubt.

Let me repeat it for you: The Last Jedi has put the future of the whole franchise in doubt.

I don't think that is raging success.

>It's safe to assume Disney was hoping for around 1.9 Billion as well
>safe to assume
>assume
Again what is your basis for this claim?

>mom says I proved it

That is not how running a business works.

>our
>implying you would have anything to do with it

>trying to troll 'shills'
I don't understand you people.

>complains about Marvel quips constantly
>the unwelcome comedy was the #1 criticism of TLJ
>but now, suddenly, the Han Solo movie not being a comedy is a bad thing

My basis is that other major financial companies was coming up with this since we can't get confirmation from Disney itself. Stop trying to be a condescending dickbag on the internet. Why don't you go ahead and reply to the rest of the post too since you're so smart. Surely you wouldn't just cherry-pick parts of the post so you can seem smarter than you are.

Where did you prove it?