Moonlight vs La La Land

Now that the dust has settled, which one is the best movie?

Moonlight is some shit about gay black people
La La land is about Goose fucking Frogfu with some nice music.

I didnt even try to watch the Moonlight and I switch off La La Land after 4-5 minutes. So I dont know what to say

moonlight is unironically a great movie
la la land is dishonest filmmaking

>Neo Mexico
>Space Sombraro
What is this from?

Lurk More 2018

I don't know. Some 90s anime it seems.

>wins a gorillion oscars but loses best movie to diversity
Never forget

Silence > Manchester by the Sea > Moonlight >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> La La Land

>Moonlight
literal niggerfaggot movie

I wanted to switch off La La Land after the first 3 minutes but I'm glad I kept watching. They shouldn't have opened it with a musical number.

>They shouldn't have opened a musical with a musical number.

I am not an american. Only burgers tolerate musicals

La La Land belongs in the trash, but Moonlight isn't even a movie.

Neither am I. I watched it because it was the only movie my gf would watch without getting too scared or crying (even Coco was out of the question). I was put off by the opening, but the rest of the film (including the musical parts) was fantastic.

I knew It would be a musical, but I thought like singing a song on a scene or during shooting a movie, whatever. But on a fucking highway!!! Jesus. Yuros are into art and shit but some things are just too much

is your gf 8 years old?

La La Land is shit and has terrible music. Moonlight is at least passable.

The story of a gay black man being in the closet either went over my head or its completely boring. Nothing happened.

LaLa Land was better. Thats just my pleb opinion though.

Moonlight had better cinematography and a better story. La La Land had better performances and was a better directed movie.
Imo La La Land should've won Best Picture but Moonlight should've won Best Cinematography.

And the fucking cactuses, I always knew Jasps can outrracist anyone

Moonlight was dogshit, La La Land was passable.

How is that racist? You saying Mexicans don't wear sombreros? That there's no cacti in Mexico?

Moonlight was shit. It was completely unrealistic and had no coherent plot.

The creators opted to make the movie about nothing other than "MUH DIVERSITY", and it shows. If you remove the gay aspect, you've got a film about absolutely nothing.

Watching this movie as a gay male was hilarious. It's both total shit and total bullshit.

They're both fag movies.

I was waiting for a gay sex scene and even though I expected to be horrified I was let down when it didnt happen. The movie had nothing in it. We were just expected to feel like being a closeted black man was really deep and meaninful. Its not.

give him a break. Burgers are brainwashed to think like that

Manchester by the sea

japs dont give a shit

>a gay nigger ""coming of age"" awardbait or the goose and emma stone in a fun musical with kino scenes

hmmmm

>a better directed movie
How so?

I didn't watch La La Land because I'm not a fag but Moonlight was excellent

musicals, especially the ones blatantly inspired by the old timers, are massive awardbaits

they are both incredibly overrated and forgettable oscarbait and nowhere near "best movie" whatsoever

This. It was so much better than either of these try-hard pieces of shit

>wong kar wai inspired kino tackling romanticized real issues
>pointless musical with catchy tunes

Manchester By The Sea is tryhard as fuck

Mobile Fighter G Gundam. The premise of show is that colonies have been set up in Earth's orbit representing each country and every colony sends a representative to fight in the Gundam tournament. The country that wins gets to rule the world until the next Gundam fight. Which is every four years

>>wong kar wai inspired kino tackling romanticized real issues
Wtf are you talking about

As if nu-Sup Forums has heard of wong kar wai or any other proper films in the heap of star wars threads

I don't watch moonlight because I hate black people

No it's not, it's just a simple and sincere slice of life story

this

this

La La Land squandered it's potential by not filming in technicolor, who the fuck would want to see a musical inspired by classic Hollywood that doesn't have colors that pop?

I think La La Land presented itself incredibly well and while Moonlight had stronger writing, I enjoyed La La Land a lot more. It took what could've been a serviceable, basic story and turned it into a really colourful and vibrant music with actors that had actual on-screen chemistry.

Moonlight is piece of shit movie without character development and without story.

La La Land is BY FAR better movie, which is much more loved around the world and will be watched 50 years later. And it is one of the best musical ever made. Moonlight is just another gay black political movie.

La La Land was best 2016 movie by far.

Moonlight dont have stronger writing than La La Land. Even La La Land lackluster character development and backstory is still much better than in Moonlight. La La Land has story, Moonlight doesnt have story.

It wasnt. Moonlight is shit movie. La La Land was robbed from best picture and u know it.

>la la land is dishonest filmmaking
wtf is dishonest movie making?

You are retarded if u think that musical with original music and story is awardbait. It was very dangerous project that could easily flop. Moonlight is just much bigger awardsbait and much much worse movie.

Any person who writes here that Moonlight has better writing, story or character development than La La Land is a fucking pleb with 0 knowleadge about cinema.

Moonlight doesnt have story, Moonlight doesnt have character development. Moonlight is just technically good movie and that is all, it just shallow, depressing, empty movie about nothing. We have year after release nobody remember Moonlight, while LLL is still very popular and loved. Ba, 1 year was enough to get Moonlight BTFO by better gay movie which is CMBYN.

How many years we'll wait for original musical to beat LLL? 10?20?30?

La La Land >>Other movies last year>>>>>>> Piece of shit >>>>>>>>>>>> Moonlight

To be fair Moonlight was not even top10 movie last year. LLL was top3 with Silence and Manchester by the sea.