Why was he 'lel lookit me imma so kuh-raaazy!! XD" ginger kid?

Why was he 'lel lookit me imma so kuh-raaazy!! XD" ginger kid?
Isn't he supposed to earth's smartest, most resourceful scientist and politician?
Did they make this movie terrible on purpose?
I don't understand.

>earth's smartest, most resourceful scientist and politician?

you mean the boring, evil mary sue version from previous movies\comic books?

I think Lex luthor (comic books) is one of the most boring characters ever so I don't mind if they changed him. I liked him in bvs.

That is because you are a brainlet.
He is the antithesis of Superman's god who became an everyman:
an everyman trying to be a god.

That's what you want to get across when portraying Luthor in film, not "omg so evil and crazy lel XDDD"

No, dumbass. He was literally meant to be this movie's Joker, since every superhero movie now needs a hammy, over-the-top villain.

>waaah they wrote a compelling nuanced character instead of a gary-stu teleports behind you unrealistic boring trope
Grow up

It's the old "Zuckerberg is a genius" meme that Boomers love.

>all this "intellectualism"
>for a children's movie about two men in dresses slapping each other

The character was too smart for the writers. So they made him an edgy kid instead

You're both idiots. The joker comparison is fucking retarded.
He's a man. A jealous, impotent man. And that's why he hated Superman so much. None of this unrealistic building a teleporting machine out of household appliances, just a typical silicon valley type who inherited a lot of money and got very far in life by being very clever.
He manipulates people and is constantly 2 steps ahead in a way that isn't completely contrived.

>That is because you are a brainlet.
>He is the antithesis of Superman's god who became an everyman:
>an everyman trying to be a god.

that should be batman and is batman in the movie. You are the brainlet overly fixated on a boring character from a comic book

not an argument

Because they thought making him into a silicon valley technocrat representative of parts of the modern day american oligarchy would make for a more interesting character and tie into the overall themes of the movie better than to do a retread of what Spacey and Hackman did only do be compared to them unfavourably anyway?

not an argument

>>That's what you want to get across when portraying Luthor in film

I really don't care what a retard who is this much of a fanboy to a very 1 dimensional, boring and frankly idiotic character think about what you should get across in a batman\superman movie

IZ GAPEGYNO!!!

>cast as jimmy olsen
>lol nah lets make him lex luthor

wtf lol

The scene of him contacting Steppenwolf in BvS makes no sense once you watch JL.

>Implying he brought Steppenwolf to Earth not the Motherboxes.

you are dumb

take the redpill user

>Lex
>one dimensional
Holy shit kill yourself.

Joss Whedon ruined Zack's masterpiece. News at 7

You really think Josh Sweden changed the whole premise of the movie?

They could've had a nuanced lex without casting this no talent kike to do his one dimensional routine

Obviously the point was that he was lex luthor in a zuckerberg, internet age millenial billionaire role. Eisenstein played that role pretty well

So why did he give these special bullets to those mercenaries?

Because like everything else about him, it's a fucking smokescreen. Keep thinking he's a twitchy, quirky goofball while he's ordering his "roast" well-done.

Because he could.

The underlying motivations, explanations and characterisations, yes.
The outline of the story though, only in a minor way.

Yeah but normal bullets would have been completely fine and they would have been completely impossible to trace. It's an African warzone after all.

I had hope for this movie until I saw that "WOW - YOU HAVE A STRONG GRIP! YOU WOULD NOT WANT TO PICK A FIGHT WITH THIS GUY! XD" part in the trailer. What a fucking bummer

In order for this to hold, the "smokescreen" has to drop at some point. Instead he just gets twitchier and crazier as the movie goes on.