Wasn't he way too normal for a kid raised by a single mom?

Wasn't he way too normal for a kid raised by a single mom?

How is he supposed to be?

Not every single mother is shit.

Just a majority.
And most of them are inner city trash.
And Black.

Being a single parent doesn't make you a bad parent. Hell, a lot of the kids I know that have single parent households are better behaved than ones with two parents present. Might just be coincidence, or it might be they're taught more personal responsibility, I can't say for sure.

His mom seemed pretty efficient at parenting. A lot of single moms tend to be a result of shitty neighborhoods/environments. Since most single moms are from those areas, most single moms will suck at parenting. But those in good areas or with exceptional parenting skills will do a good job.

BWA HA HA HA HA HA!

OP you're killing me, please stop being such a faggot,

Anecdotal, but not statistically true. Children raised by single mothers are more likely to run away, develop addiction, attempt suicide, and become homeless. They also make significantly less on average than children raised by two parents. All of these are true even when accounting for race.

Ironically enough there's no statistical variation in the success or quality-of-life of children raised by single fathers, ONLY single mothers.

My brother and I was raised by my dad and we both turned out great. Helps that we had a big extended family and were raised highly religious

No.

You're right, he should've been fapping to his mom.

Good thing Hogarth was a boy and not a statistic.

I don't think his dad immediately fucked off after he was born. He just died. Probably was raised normally for a while.

>having a single parent means you turn out wrong

>Dude, fuck your experiences, chartz LOL
Sup Forums strikes again. Wherever there is a broken family, discriminated minority, or any easy target, they will be there.

How are statistics Sup Forums?

Hey now, I was raised by a single mother and I'm pretty worthless

What 'is' normal anyway?

There's always exceptions. Also, he grew up when morals and masculinity were valued in the culture.

Your current attitude is a lot more poltard-esque than That said:
[citation needed]

Statistics are racist and anything that doesn't show all races and genders being absolutely equal makes me uncomfortable and therefore they are wrong.

His dad died during the Korean War. He had a photo of him still by his nightstand.

You consider him normal?

You seriously think he didn't?

I did, and she's not even MY mom.

>obsessed with filthy forest critters, but in a faggy "wanting to take care of them" way instead of just shooting them with a bbgun
>repeatedly runs off to spend evenings/nights with an adult ""artist"" who lives in the middle of a trash heap

Single mothers have a hard time raising sons once the kid reaches adolescence, because boys that age need an older male to enforce discipline and serve as a role model.

Single mothers also tend to be single mothers due to bad choices on their part, and the father of their kids are usually scumbags who impart to their offspring certain personality traits that make them difficult to handle.

The child of a war widow in a society where the culture is still fairly traditional and mores are still strong is going to have a higher chance of having good genetics and good influences growing up than the child of a crack whore in the modern day inner cities. Single motherhood is never ideal, and the daughters of single mothers have throughout history been one of the primary demographics that prostitutes were drawn from, but the stats don't tell the whole story. The reason the mother is single, the state of the wider culture, the presence or lack of an extended family circle, the genetics of the father, etc. all play a role