Seriously, what was his deal? Was his whole shtick that he was just an incompetent doctor?

Seriously, what was his deal? Was his whole shtick that he was just an incompetent doctor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DqbQzmHOLP8
youtube.com/watch?v=0ti0jFVSKUo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He was competent.
He just is a shady doctor with many flaws.

>being shady
>being competent

Choose one.

poor man's spielbergo

God day, dr. Nick.

He never went to medical school.

he didn't need, he went to medical

The surgery he did on Homer with Lisa's help was a successful procedure.

Was him dying in the movie canon?

He was a quack doctor, not really shady he just had very little training.

He went to some diploma mill; Hollywood Upstairs Medical school I believe it was called.

Sure he did (seriously baby, I can prescribe anything!)

Hi, Dr. Nick!

"We Stitch and Don't Snitch"
formerly "We Statch..."

He also never would have had permission to perform surgery on Homer at a hospital

He's the stereotype of the doctor in the bad part of town that would handle stuff that people couldn't go to a hospital for: guys who need an abortion for their mistress, criminals with a bullet in their leg, etc.

Illicit doctors are so common that they have become a stereotype in of themselves?

dr Nick's lick and stick(formerly rick's)

Is this the medicine thread? I just took a shit and it was black as fuck. My shit is usually light to dark brown but damn, this was actually black. Should I be worried?

His first appearance was in the episode where Mr. Burns hits Bart with his car and Homer tries to take him for all he's worth. Dr. Hibert refuses to exaggerate the damage done to Bart so they get him to testify in court as an expert witness. He was introduced as an unscrupulous but competent Doctor but, being The Simpsons, he went through a lot of changes. Sometimes he was used to make jabs at the American healthcare system or for gags around abuses of public trust, eventually he was reduced to a set of cheap jokes like any other character.

What did you eat recently?

They've always existed. Women were still getting abortions before it was made a legal procedure.

Decades ago a lot more doctors were in private practice and operated on-call. Now they're all part of a corporate hospital system but that's a fairly recent development.

He's appeared since then, so unless the series operates on a timeline where we're not seeing the episodes in chronological order, he's still alive.

cuttlefish and asparagus

how was the smell? normal or particularly bad?

If it's just a one off, I wouldn't worry. When I eat a whole pack of oreos like a fat cunt, I take black shits too.

If you shit black for a while, it's time to start worrying.

Black shit is usually symptom of gastric ulcus, or a gastric rupture. Basically, the HCL in your stomach comes in contact with your feces and makes them black. This is normally something you go to doctor for. Any other symptoms user?

Steamed hams

Black shit is serious because it can mean that you have internal bleeding somewhere in your intestinal track. Bright red blood isn't that bad because it means you bled near the anus but if it's black it had time to coagulate and dry. You should go to the doctor about it. I'm not trying to trick you, look it up if you doubt me.

Well, I'm from Utica...

if it continues I would see someone. Usually caused by bleeding of the upper go, but can be caused by other things like taking iron supplements

he subverts the old expectation doctors are trust worthy to the point of infallibility.

He went to Hollywood Upstairs Medical College

kek

>Illicit doctors are so common that they have become a stereotype in of themselves?
In America, yes.

Dr. Nick is an allegory for Obamacare.

it can also be caused by certain food or medications (like pepto bismol or iron supplements).
if it's actually digested blood it can also be caused by a simple nose bleed

Could I get some medical advice?

I just suddenly lost almost all hearing in my right ear like 5 days ago. I can still hear ringing. What are the chances it's ear wax?

he wasn't a black or a jew so he was ridiculed, but if he was overtly Christian then the Simpsons would have gotten downright nasty with the character. The original SJW propaganda show.

>liked by literally everyone in the city
>seems like a true bro
>always motivated
>model migrant
>helps his fellow man out with drugs
>doesn't give a fuck about medical ethics
based Dr. Nick

Krusty is the most prominent Jew in the Simpsons and the most vile, greedy and immoral character after Mr. Burns.

You have bonus eruptus.
youtube.com/watch?v=DqbQzmHOLP8

reminder krusty was originally going to be homer.

they dropped that very very fast though.

Meaning what? Krusty would have worked at the nuclear power plant or Homer would have looked like a clown?

why not both?
youtube.com/watch?v=0ti0jFVSKUo

Peptobismol and bad hangovers can cause black shits

Homer being a professional clown just doesn't make much sense if he's supposed to represent an all american joe sixpack. Sure made for a good one-off episode though

Let me be the first one to say SNEED

there it is

I'm seeing double!

remember that episode where homer saw an ad for sneeds feed and seed and started seeing sneed posting everywhere then went to sneed's sneed college?

Homer would've moonlighted as Krusty and provide a parallel to his relationship with Bart; Bart hates Homer but loves Krusty, even though they're the same person.