Yanks out a part from the board and fixes the Millennium Falcon

>yanks out a part from the board and fixes the Millennium Falcon.

this doesn't make sense, how does she know how to fix a leaking coolant, fix the electric overload.
if there is a short in the system pulling out a part will only cause a open circuit making it more dangerous. all we know she could have pull out the sound board for the beeping noise

why can't we have a aureate scenes in move where people diagnose things and properly fix any mechanical issue. don't they have professional advisors on set?

only good example I can think of is the movie Apollo 13, yeah the beeping noise is present and we see the master alarm blinking but, when tom hanks says "main bus b undervlot" . you can get a lot of information from that one line alone.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DHl6Jsgq600
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
youtube.com/watch?v=L9WmGCHyG9c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>how does she know how...
It's because she's a Mary Sue plan and simple.

>Questioning the actions of a Mary Sue

>I bypassed the character development

bad writing leading up to a marey sue character

was she really allowed to skip ancient jedish traditions and training in the latest movie?
because of book power up DLC?

but it's totally fine that kindergarten Annakin built C3PO.
right?

LEARN FUCKING ENGLISH GODAMNIT

WHY ARE ALL THESE FUCKING SHIT TIER THREADS ABOUT STAR WARS MADE BY THIRD WORLD FAGGOTS

FUCK OFF

the prequel trilogy is dumb, what is your point?

Pulling a part out of the Millennium Falcon is the Star Wars equivalent of putting electrical tape over the CHECK ENGINE light.

>women drivers

didn't hear the misogynist pea brains of Sup Forums complain back than

she spent her formative years fucking with all the broken down ships and practicing taking them apart and putting them back together

life is very boring on jakku

She was an experienced pilot and spent most of her life scavenging from ships. She clearly picked up mechanical aptitude.

yeah it was totally ridiculous how he invented c3po in one second while qui gon was in troulbe

it could happened, we see a naked c3po, not a shinny brand new robot, he could have been built by junk parts
Annakin is a talented pod racer, so I can assume he knows his way around mechanical stuff

What were you even alive for TPM? Everyone hated jar jar and annoying child Anakin.

>nobody complained about the phantom menace

>why can't we have a aureate scenes in move where people diagnose things and properly fix any mechanical issue
It's a space opera, not a sci-fi. The problem with it isn't what she physically did, it's that she, within 10 minutes of walking onto the ship for the very first time, was apparently more familiar with the intimate workings of the ship than Han, who has been
flying and maintaining the Falcon for years.

This is why people call her a Mary Sue.

She was a junker and became technically sound in doing shit like this as she was looting the garbage pile of Jakku.

The real question is if people without formal educations can understand and repair ships as complicated as the Millenium Falcon why are most ships in the galaxy total shit in comparison to the Falcon?

Rey being a force master superior to Yoda after 1 lesson with Luke and a lightsaber master superior to Darth Vader with 0 lessons is a bigger plot hole.

kek

We see in Empire that the 3PO-units is commonplace.
I always figured that he fixed an android that was just missing a few parts etc plus he had months or even years to do it.

Maybe C3PO isn't some kind of wonder robot, but the Star Wars equivalent of childrens BUILD YOUR OWN ROBOT kits. I mean, apart from the translating it's mechanically inept and pretty fucking useless, and I'm sure the translating was some kinda package you could download from the internet. After all how is a kid that's never left his home planet supposed to be able to teach a robot etiquette and languages from the entire galaxy?

Maybe because Sup Forums didn’t exist for one you tard

this.

>childrens BUILD YOUR OWN ROBOT kits
makes sense

The force is female you nerd.

>why can't we have a aureate scenes in move where people diagnose things and properly fix any mechanical issue.
Because this is fucking star wars, a show in which space combat is WWII battle ships firing lasers at each other from 500 feet away
The real question is: why is there a fucking green silicon computer chip in a star wars vessel? It doesn't match the aesthetic at all.

The Falcon was overclocked
She removed the overclocking module.

It was because you weren't born yet, you underage retard.

Why didn't she build a working ship then? she dreamed of flying.

Nah. Kids learn at an amazing pace and you see 3po units are actually really common. Kid was a slave and part of his job was fixing and building crap 12 hours a day so that makes sense.

this kind of makes sense because she was scavenging wreckage her whole like finding the best parts etc. probably learned the systems and shit.

but then again it's Falcon which is one of the most highly modified vehicles in star wars lore. Everyone thinks it's a piece of shit then they see all the modifications.

It's kind of like a Old muscle car that has been totally rebuilt with today's shit from the inside out and they still have a junkie outside. The reason it's junkie on the outside is so it doesn't stand out.

Basically the falcon has the shielding of a capital ship, the guns themselves are star destroyish in power level, the engines etc

so how the fuck does rey know this shit anyways.

How did she know about the overclocking module and Han didn't?

Why? She didn't want to leave jakku

living in a junk yard doesn't mean you can build your own lambo

Han was getting old?

Worse than that. She "powers up" through the virtues of STRONK while Luke staggers back in awe and she unintentionally cracks the basalt slab they're standing on simply by meditating too hard.

The books are just bonus content for her, but I'm willing to bet despite their being thousands of years old, she'll still be reading them no problem, because "Ancient Texts" were part of the education curriculum in Clan Junker.

She doesn't need to read them. Yoda said she already knows everything that was written in them.

loot boxes man
you pay you level up

Lol fuck that’s so stupid. Why would you pay money to see this?

>be around machines your whole life
>take months to build C3PO
>collect scrap your whole life
>fix the millennium falcon in 1 minute

nice joke

Because the part was installed by Unkar Plott after Han lost the Falcon.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

So I could talk on Sup Forums about how shit it was.

YODA IS A BITCH
>under his guidance jedis basically wiped out
>under his guidance he put a 20 year old padawan in charge of training a 12 year old which is a masters job
>which completely fucks up anakin
>who in turn kills all the younglins and turns into the galaxy's second greatest villian
>while palpatine destroys a thousands of year old republican
>becomes an emperor and order 66 comes around
>then yoda loses the fight to palpatine
>runs off to a swamp planet
>even when leia is nearly killed, alderaan is destroy
>yoda chills on a swamp planet

YODA IS A BITCH, HE COULDN'T EVEN KILL DOOKU

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

Wrong post?

Anakin can't be a Mary Sue because he's the fucking antagonist of the series. An immensely powerful antagonist makes for compelling drama while an immensely powerful protagonist just kills the tension

Anakin can't be a mary sue because he spends most of the franchise as a marred corpse kept barely alive by a spooky space suit, and gets his ass kicked almost every time he fights another force user that isn't untrained or an actual

*an actual child

>So you're the girl I've heard so much about
Rey was previously trained by Luke, then mind-wiped.

>but it's totally fine that kindergarten Annakin built C3PO.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

>I'm going to pretend this thing everyone complains was stupid is a sacred cow because that's what I need right now

How do we know Unkar *Plutt installed it?

i fucking kek'd
my girlfriend woke up
the cat started barking
the dog started meowing.
ty, it made my day.

So half-rebuilding a robot over the course of years from scrap parts you got while working in a shop that repairs and sells junk like broken robots == Instantly repairing and knowing more about a spaceship which you have never seen or been in all your life better than the owner who has flown it for like at least 50 years

>didn't hear the misogynist pea brains of Sup Forums complain back than

Because you weren't born

3 people beat me to it

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM

Wait...
If Bardottans are reptiles, how do they possess nipples/breasts?

How did she know where to find it when she's never been in the falcon before? Why install something like this in the first place? How is it fixed by ripping it out?

its not fair

>this kind of makes sense because she was scavenging wreckage her whole like finding the best parts etc. probably learned the systems and shit.

That makes zero sense, actually.

Yeah, because if the falcon was always known as one thing in starwars, it is being called the most elegant and luxurious ride a space craftsman could build.. gtfo

See, that's what made his """prowess""" as a duelist so unbelievable, apparently he's skilled enough to be a war hero and slaughter the entire Jedi Order, but he loses in 3 of his 4 duels throughout the Prequels. Clone Wars had him kicking Ventress' ass, but then he can still barely beat Dooku in ROTS.

>this kind of makes sense because she was scavenging wreckage her whole like finding the best parts etc. probably learned the systems and shit.
No it doesn't, Rey is the person who sells junk that looks fixable/sellable to a actual Junk Dealer who then has someone like little Ani fix said junk and clean it so it can actually be sold to real customers.

A better way to have done this scene was have what Rey pulled out screw up the Falcon and Han had to fix it. Shows that she still has stuff to learn and Han still knows every inch of his ship

Too be fair, Dooku is also supposed to be an excellent duelist. And at least in the lore, Obi Wan was only able to defeat Anakin because his style hard countered Anakin's. Which could have and should have been implemented into the film, but instead they almost go out of there way to show that Anakin is no stronger than Obi Wan, what with that scene where they force push against each other and both fly off. Obi Wan defeating a powerful but overzealous anakin through guile would have been more in line with his character and more interesting, but George Lucas does not know how to write a story, only to world build

>slave child is a mechanic working with machines every day
>takes months to make a barely-finished robot

>scavenger woman that only spent time scooting around the desert finding old parts to sell
>knows how to fly and fix a one-of-a-kind ship in the span of a couple of minutes

One of these things is not like the other.

No he says she already "has" everything the books could teach her. Its worded like she already knows but its actually him saying she literally has the books. Who fucking cares since none of the nu trilogy is planned and the books aren't going to show up again

Cool bot kid

Living in a rocket graveyard won't ever make you able to work on rockets

>1/4 portion

correct

anakin wouldn't know how the fuck to fix the falcon in 60 secs, let alone in a month

>Basically the falcon has the shielding of a capital ship, the guns themselves are star destroyish in power level, the engines etc
how in the fuck

Kek

>Female writers

Dude do you honeslty think they have ever tried to understand anything other than their vacuous innanities and feminism.

They litterly have no clue and are barely qualified to pontificate on the nuance of pumkin spice lattes.

More like marxist propaganda

>out with the four olds.

Good bait

Better than the movie.

The actual clip.

You must've kept your head in the sand because literally everyone thought that it was dumb.

Anakin was a mechanic and c3po still looked like this. Also, he didn't build him instantly during the pod race in order to fix his flux capacitor

pretty sure they mentioned it in the film dude

i thought lando conversian planted it when he fucked hand solo over in sky city

>how does she know how to fix a leaking coolant, fix the electric overload.

She made a living salvaging and selling space ship parts. That's about the only thing about her that makes some sense.

Want to bring it to the throne room?

She used to work with machines.
The problem is that Rey is a woman and woman can't do shit in my star wars.

dismantle something is not the same as to repair it.

She doesn't repair anything she gives the guy parts that are worth money if they were repaired.

Luke, did I ever tell you about user?
He was so pathetically desperate for attention that he recycled the same stale bait time and time again, but was still clearly unfulfilled.
He was a good, if autistic, friend.

>I bypassed my character development!

What did JJ mean by this?

Knowing which parts sold money and extracting the part without damaging its core nebulator function increased her experience on these matters.

but i mean just look at her face! i mean come on!

>this doesn't make sense, how does she know how to fix a leaking coolant, fix the electric overload.
>if there is a short in the system pulling out a part will only cause a open circuit making it more dangerous. all we know she could have pull out the sound board for the beeping noise

It's in the novelization, retard.

Well, that's what she did. It repaired it by dismantling it.
Also, nothing in star wars makes sense.

star wars was always shit tho
remember when an a-wing kamikaze and brought down the executor?
it's a childrens movie

This sums this whole thrad up pretty nicely lol
youtube.com/watch?v=L9WmGCHyG9c