What the fuck was George thinking when he put this cunt in charge of Lucasfilm?

What the fuck was George thinking when he put this cunt in charge of Lucasfilm?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5TGJquhP1s
youtube.com/watch?v=rTt96XbxMHs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He was thinking he would be asked to stick around and provide direction.

The mouse made the mistake of telling him to take a hike

bump

she just looks like a complete tight ass.

I know what he thinks now.

she needs to shave

>{{{Kennedy}}}

>Orsen Welles: Spencer Tracy is one of those bitchy Irishmen. I'm a racist, you know. I know them; you don't. They hate themselves. I lived for years in Ireland. The majority of intelligent Irishmen dislike Irishmen, and they're right.
>HJ: All these groups dislike themselves. Jews dislike themselves.
>OW: Nothing like Irishmen.
>HJ: That doesn't make them right, Orson, and you know that. And I don't accept this prejudice from you. I know that you don't really have it.
>OW: I do have it. I do have it. Particularly against Irish-Americans. I much prefer Irishmen from Ireland. If I have to have an Irishman, I'll take one of those. And Irishmen in England are quite good. All the great Irish writers mostly left and went to England, except for [George William] Russell and [William Butler] Yeats. Yeats makes me shiver. But when I look at Tracy, I see that everything that's hateful about him is Irish. Everything that's mean. Every Irishman will tell you that. Seven hundred years of bitter oppression changed their character, gave them that passive meanness and cunning. All I can say is what Micheál Mac Liammóir said when we were making Othello, and I asked him, "Describe the Irish in one word." He said, "Malice." Look, I love Ireland, I love Irish literature, I love everything they do, you know. But the Irish-Americans have invented an imitation Ireland which is unspeakable. The wearin' o' the green. Oh, my God, to vomit!

>What the fuck was George thinking when he put this cunt in charge of Lucasfilm?

I believe there was blackmail, but not enough to actually force the sale. So they needed Kathleen Kennedy. Once they brought Lucas to the table with the threat of extortion, they used Kennedy to push him over the edge and convince him that selling was his best option:
>Think of your legacy
>Think of the fans who'd be disapointed
>You're getting up in there in age, George, and to be honest, you can't rely on your children to manage your company after you're gone.
>Sell Lucasfilm to Disney, put me in charge. Unofficially, you'll still have creative control. I promise.
>Trust me.

After the sale went through, Lucas realized that he had been betrayed. Kathleen Kennedy was loyal to Disney and had no intention of keeping him involved. Everyone should watch the interview between Lucas and Kennedy, which took place after the sale. Kennedy appears smug, confident and in control. Lucas comes across as defeated, pleading and miserable. Although he does make several thinly veiled swipes at "greedy, selfish and evil people."

m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5TGJquhP1s

Some people claim Lucas sold for the money. This is a weak argument since $4 billion was a low-ball offer and Lucas gave the proceeds to charity immediately after the sale.

Some people claim Lucas sold in order to stick it to annoying fans. This argument is weak because Lucas was never bothered by negative fan reactions before.

Lucas built and spent his career opposing the Hollywood studios system and repeatedly stated he would never sell or give up creative control to Star Wars. Yet here we are. When Bob Iger became CEO if Disney in 2005, he told the board that he would pursue an aggressive acquisition campaign that included Marvel, Pixar and Lucasfilm. 7 years later, he had George Lucas accepting the deal he swore he'd never even consider.

He thought that when she fucked up the company he would look awesome in comparison. I had a boss that did the same thing

Scorched earth.
If he can't have full creative control over his universe anyone, might as well ruin it so his posterity isn't smeared by movies better than his.

Absolutely based. I lived in Dublin for a few year, and they truly are malicious, petty, double digit IQ creatures who would sell you for a couple pints.
Dispicable, and to think Welles felt that Irish-Americans were even worse makes me shiver.

>tfw Cuck Wending wasn't a total asshat making the Contingency plans and was into something
Lucas can't help himself but make pottery, can he?

This bitch ensnared him. Just take a look at all the movies she co-produced, none of them have a female lead or female director, there is not any feminist or diversity narrative in those films. It's because she never had any input in them, she was just a name in the credit because she married a producer. George being autistic didn't understand this bitch.

>Lucas was never bothered by negative fan reactions before.

maybe he was thinking about the literal gun behind his head

Yes. He wasnt redpilled and didnt understand that Jews are hypocrites.

youtube.com/watch?v=rTt96XbxMHs
George was always redpilled

Star Wars was to George Lucas what the Ring was to Bilbo Baggins. As long as it was his, it would torment him forever. In the end, he was able to give it away just to be free of it.

>the main thing is to protect the characters
>make sure they continue to live in the way you created them
>live
So figuratively, and literally, this ended up being bullshit lol

>manchildren spend years bitching about me and my work
>I sell it all to Disney and put some feminist cunt in charge

Now thank me.

Woah

Is George Lucas the Ringo Starr of cinema? He's a yeoman talent who found himself by luck and sheer goofy persistence in the middle of a world culture lightning in a bottle phenomenon that would change the medium forever, but was never able to advance past his one rote-learned technique and is forever stuck as the guy who did that one thing that one time, all while getting fat dumb and rich on the laurels of the past.

CRASHING THIS FRANCHISE