More Nick Spencer's Captain America

More Nick Spencer's Captain America

Other urls found in this thread:

illuminatingcomics.tumblr.com/post/159822512625/posting-this-page-unedited-wouldve-been-funnier
illuminatingcomics.tumblr.com/post/160331373780/well-that-put-my-mind-to-rest-carols-war-starts
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/IVX_Vol_1
i.imgur.com/TP0zh.gif
desuarchive.org/co/thread/90571222/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/90595870/
i.imgur.com/pztAdJp.gif
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh I am not looking forward to this. Friendly reminder that this is my first time reading.

Also couldn't do a phone trick so please leave a bump.

I'm already full page spreaded out

There's a rift between X-Men and Inhumans?

This

Yes. It was stupid, pointless, and it's over now. Don't ask.

Thanks

>Thanks
No problem.

I'm sure I'll read it eventually. Been slowly going through ANAD. Just found it funny given Ike Perlmutter. What's next, Inhumans vs X-Men? Let's just get rid of any subtlety and have the Inhumans literally kill the X-Men

Carol did nothing wrong.

Check out Illuminating comics after you finish the first third of this clusterfuck

>What's next, Inhumans vs X-Men? Let's just get rid of any subtlety and have the Inhumans literally kill the X-Men
I hope you're just being facetious right now, because if not, boy do I have news for you...

I was half joking, it'd be retarded for them to do that.
>boy do I have news for you
...right?

Agreed.

This that Thanos using a fucking gun? Since when does Thanos use a fucking gun?

AND SHE-HULK DIES WITH RHODEY OFF SCREEN?!

I'm already mad.

This might spoil something, but fuck it:

illuminatingcomics.tumblr.com/post/159822512625/posting-this-page-unedited-wouldve-been-funnier

Now Civil War's Captain America tie-ins were awesome while the event was crap so I hope it sticks to that

kek

Fuck, I forgot about the FCBD issue. Oh well

My bad, I meant to post this:
illuminatingcomics.tumblr.com/post/160331373780/well-that-put-my-mind-to-rest-carols-war-starts

But yeah, the actual encounter was in the FCBD thing

HAHAHAHAHAHA I miss Genis

Holy shit Steven

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/IVX_Vol_1

Hydra Cap doesn't fucking play

i.imgur.com/TP0zh.gif

It was awful too. The first issue was okay, then it just got steadily worse as it went on, pulled a Bishop level character assassination on Emma, and pretended that the Inhumans were in the right thr entire time. The worse thing was Death of X, showing how and why cyclops died/became MutantHitler, and did not make a lick of cohesive sense. Marvel in the ANAD era kept talking about how awful Cyclops was to those poor inhumans, and nothing he even did was close to Hitler level. IvX also retoactively made DoX worse.

Here

desuarchive.org/co/thread/90571222/

desuarchive.org/co/thread/90595870/

Sorry, had to let my roommate in

What the fuck is Death of X?

Thanks, but I'm not at Inhumans and X-Men with my ANAD reading yet. Bookmarked them.

>Thanks, but I'm not at Inhumans and X-Men with my ANAD reading yet. Bookmarked them.
This.

When was the last time someone used Scarecrow?

Set in the eight month gap between Secret Wars and Extraordinary X-Men, Death of X depicts the start of tensions between mutants and The Inhumans (regarding the lethal effects of Terrigen Mist to the former), as well as finally explaining what happened to Cyclops —and why he's disappeared— in the interim.

>mutants and The Inhumans (regarding the lethal effects of Terrigen Mist to the former
>lethal effects of Terrigen Mist to the former
Jesus christ Marvel

It was the story of how Cyclops died in the 6-8 month gap after Secret Wars. Want the spoilers?

The mutants learn than the terrigan cloud is killing mutants aftee they go the Muir Island and find hundreds of Maddrox's dead. Cyclops coughs, and they decide to telepathically warn the world. There are two clouds, and Cyclops uses Alchemy (the retired mutant) to render one of the clouds inert. Cyclops tells the Inhuman royalty that they will not back down until the other cloud is stopped, and Medusa orders Black Bolt to kill him. He is melted, and the last few pages reveal that Scott died back on Muir island from terrigan exposure in Emma's arms. The Cyclops that stopped the cloud and was executed was actually a psychic projection from Emma. Then in IvX, Emma goes batshit crazy from losing her lover.

I saw this post in Gamefaqs

I'd say the very poor attempt at making him "the villain" in favor of the Avengers, Wolverine's Xmen and Inhumans only made him more popular

AvX was meant to be "Cyclops is a villain", but ended up being a lying Wolverine to spark a battle, a military style dictatorship Avengers invading and attacking Cyclops home, Stark causing Cyclops to become possessed. Possessed Cyclops bringing world peace and ending world hunger (what a villain) before finally snapping after many attacks from the Avengers and finally had the very thing happen Cyclops wanted from the start (Hope gains the Phoenix force) just to prove him right all along.

The we get his resistence period, in which everyone looks the other way while Sentinels are killing mutants again except for Cyclops and his team. Wolverine and Beast even admitted to hiding in their mansion because they didn't want to anger SHIELD (while Cyclops actually honors Xaviers dream by going out and protecting ALL mutants and not just hiding with a small portion of them). This entire run they are constantly hunting him while he is constantly helping them (just to make it clearer who held a grudge and who didn't)

Finally we get a killer cloud from the inhumans, which not only killed mutants but they never bothered to examine its potential results long term on humans or consider if humanity wanted to be turned and somehow Cyclops is the villain for wanting to destroy this poisonous cloud instead of using it to forcefully turn humans into inhumans. The arc ends with Blackbolt murdering Cyclops for destroying the cloud (granted a psychic projection, but point stands)

Yeah, wonder why Cyclops and his Xmen's popularity kept improving while the Inhumans didn't.

i.imgur.com/pztAdJp.gif

Who was the writer?

Wait, Cyclops was supposed to be seen in the wrong at any point outside of Xavier's death?

Lemire

>Wait, Cyclops was supposed to be seen in the wrong at any point outside of Xavier's death?
Yes Cyclops is even more popular now after his death.

Tbh I never liked Cyclops until AvX

The plot is getting more convoluted by the second

>Tbh I never liked Cyclops until AvX
I did. I was a equal fan of 616 Logan and Scott.

Oh boy, this is about to be a soapbox arc isn't it?

Lemire and Soule "both" wrote DoX and IvX, but it really seems like Lemire wrote DoX as a "fuck it I'm done" since he only has a few issues of Thanos left at Marvel, and because Soule was the only talking about and defending it.

I firmly believe that Cyclops' primary evolution was being right, because everytime they tried to make him a villain, his righteousness only intensified.

Thought so

*defending IvX, whoops.
Soule compared the gigantic cloud that was killing and sterilizing mutants to a peanut allergy.

I was never a fan of X-Men. My first exposure was Ultimate which left me sour until I read Aaron's Wolverine
>Lemire quit
How was the rest of his Marvel work? I liked Old Man Logan

>I was never a fan of X-Men. My first exposure was Ultimate which left me sour until I read Aaron's Wolverine
I kinda miss him. But he needed a good rest. i guess OML is a good replacement.

>How was the rest of his Marvel work? I liked Old Man Logan
Moon knight was also good.

>all the black characters meet together
Is this racist? This feels racist

>Blade couldn't make it
>A man down
This is a regular thing they do? Secret Black Illuminati?

Charles "Soulless" Soule and Jeff "I really wish I were dead right now!" Lemire. Honestly, I mostly blame Soule for DoX and IvX. He was always defending those worthless inhumans, the fuck.