Why didn't Sauronman just take Gandolfs ring of power when he had the chance to?

Why didn't Sauronman just take Gandolfs ring of power when he had the chance to?

Technically speaking, Saruman could've made his own ring of power; he and Mairon were the same type of being.

Ok, that's actually a big hole. But you might as well ask why he didn't kill him

Because Gannandorf was sneaky and hid it up his bum

Well as far as I remember he wanted to drag him to his side and even felt genuinely betrayed by old G so he locked him up. But he could have taken his ring nonetheless.

Sauron made rings of power solely to control and corrupt others. Thats why he gave them away. Saruman was wise not taking it.

He would've done it in his prime, but over the years his love of the halfling's leaf had clearly slowed his cunning.

But Elrod, Galadinner and Gandolf all used theirs and were doing fine.

Saruman didn't know he had Narya.

This was only true while Sauron had his ring, since its main use was controlling the other ring-wearers. The elven rings became safe to use as long as the main ring was lost.

Saruman was actually good the whole time. He tried to take down Sauron from inside but Gandalf the stupid destroyed his genius plan

Were they? Elrond was pussying out Galadriel was a crazy power freak bitch and Gandalf was useless at everything other than conspiring and manipulating people so they can kill each other in a war to resolve their differences. Power from the rings were enough to corrupt them. Everything went according to Sauron's plan except the eagles and ghost army.

Sauron didn't make the 3

Actually, he did. On tolkien's notes it said saruman was envious of cirdan giving the ring to gandalf

>Everything went according to Sauron's plan except the eagles and ghost army.

ah, but we quote from Return of the King: "the magnitude of his own folly was revealed to him in a blinding flash, and all the devices of his enemies were at last laid bare. Then his wrath blazed in consuming flame, but his fear rose like a vast black smoke to choke him. For he knew his deadly peril and the thread upon which his doom now hung"

sure seems like he missed the entire point of gandalf's plan, doesn't it?

why would he? he wants the one ring not this useless elve ring
"
They were not made as weapons of war or conquest: that is not their power. Those who made them did not desire strength or domination ... but understanding, making, and healing, to preserve all things unstained."
The Three were untouched by Sauron in their making and were made for preservation so they didn't negatively affect their bearers.

The biggest problem with the Three was their connection with the One and the Elves' reliance on them.

They wanted to emulate Valinor and needed the Rings to do that, but if the One was ever destroyed they would lose their power. However, if the One wasn't destroyed Sauron wouldn't be defeated. So no matter what choice they made during the War of the Ring they were going to lose something. Destroy the Ring but lose what they've created with them or continue using them but constantly live under the threat of Sauron.

lmao at the fags itt who dont even know that the three rings of the elves were not made by sauron

Wow, a really smart move by Saurus!

To be fair, movie-only people have no reason to think otherwise. The prologue just says "It all began with the forging of the Great Rings", and then later on says how Sauron made another ring in secret. It sorta implies all the Great Rings were made by Sauron.

was that after or before the deus ex machina?

Had no right making me laugh

They are still interlinked within the one ring. That's enough to corrupt its bearer.

what if galadriel wore her ring as a toe ring haha i wonder what it would smell like haha

Gandalf has a ring? ayy lmao what do I know, I just watched the movies, played a few games, and read the books when I was a kid. But not the side books. I find the lore to this series really boring and uninteresting. I don't care what gay elf made what stupid ring.

I never got into the extended lore either, but I do sometimes feel like I ought to give those books a read.
But then that'd take all the fun out of those LotR threads where people ask genuine questions and Tolkien-fanatics provide genuine answers from the side material. I love hearing and learning about the lore in those threads, it's extremely comfy, and it'd be a shame if I could no longer enjoy those discussions because I already know everything there is to know about Tolkien's universe.

there is a scene in the movies where they zoom on gandalfs ring lol

hOw come satan didn't just combine the power of all the rings and do that

why does nobody ever answer my question on this shit fukcing site no wonder reddit has more people

>Sauronman

because u cant melt the rings down to form large sauron cock ring with which to fuck all dem hot ass elve bitches

Do you remember at which point? I've watched the trilogy over a dozen times but I don't remember Gandalf wearing a ring or a zoom in shot off it.

Jesus Christ put a spell on him that said "Don't do it, Satan"

Isn’t it visable in the bridge of Kazad-Dum scene?

it becomes visible when he is defeated at dol guldur in the hobbit movies

Never mind, his glove thingy is covering it

Three elvish rings and worn by Galadriel Elrond and Gandalf
Kinda pushed the maiar tho

I was under the impression that Gandalf didn't always carry Narya. I thought he left it in Rivendell or Lothlorien for safekeeping. The only time we actually see him wearing it (I think) is at the end, when they're boarding the ships at the Grey Havens.

Can I just clarify? The 3 Elven rings ended up with Galadriel, Gandalf and Elrond(?) Or did Celeborn have the 3rd?

This, the elven rings were made by Celebrimbor, not Sauron

Celeborn is a simp, he’s not worthy of a ring.

In the books the appendix says that Gandalf never told Saruman that he had a ring. The only ones who knew were Cirdan, Galadriel, and Elrond. Saruman most likely thought Cirdan had kept the ring

So, Elrond?

Celeborn died in the second age, his corpse was actually turned into an orc war banner

Because he really had no chance do so; his scenes were all taken first before Gandalf's.

Sauromancer

>Ok, that's actually a big hole. But you might as well ask why he didn't kill him

He didn't take the ring because it would have made him subservient to Sauron.

He didn't kill Gandalf for exactly the same reason - he needed allies to win the eventual power struggle against Sauron.

Yes, it was passed on from Gil Galad to him

He probably couldn't see it. Gandalf's ring, along with the other elvish rings of power were invisible to everyone but other ring bearers. Sure, he knew he had it but perhaps he didn't wear it all the time.