*nuke his country*
Nothin personnel

old japs look like the crypt keeper

>brocks your path

>no waito piggu arrowed in my store

what do

SAGE

>hey, smoothskin

I tried taking a Instagram pic of my $300 Jiro sushi at his restaurant but I got some very passive aggressive scowls and stares from him and his staff. Over the course of the meal he kept haphazardly forming the sushi (on purpose?) and plopping it on my plate. Also I swear he started making my portions smaller after that debacle. At the end of the day I only got like 3 likes on my Instagram but I learned my lesson.

Sushi is a meme food.

come back with mai japanese waifu

Do you have ketchup?

why can't people just copy his recipe

the level of skill it takes to master the art of slicing fish and putting it on rice is far to complicated to just copy

I rewatched this documentary yesterday. It's fantastic.

It's a well made film, but can't accept the fact it advocates this scamming.

wrong.

it tastes delicious. looks great, has a great variety of textures and can be pretty nutritious

>provide a product as advertised at a price agreed to and set beforehand
>scam

behold the ultimate meme food.

why do people pretend buying fish is a skill

I guess you could try but there's a lot of subtle flavors that come from the marinade. It's also a lot of what you put into the rice.

it is a skill

His apprentices spend 10 years just making rice, before they even can touch fish. His son is over 50 and he's not done with his studies yet.

It's a brilliant way to have cheap labour, practically slaves that will do all your bidding while sucking up to you.

Love him or hate him, Jiro has built himself a little empire. And people wait a month for a chance to visit it.

>subtle flavors that come from the marinade
such as?

Nah, there's just so many varieties everyone is bound to find something to like unless they just straight up hate rice.

how much marinade does he put on the fish or is it his secret recipe. who knows

whip out my semi (fully)

This

no one knew about jiro until the idiot critic overrated him in the memelin guide

best part is when jiro dies and his son takes over no one will give a shit about the restaurant anymore

Someone explain this meme

>10 years making rice

Which is horseshit. The finest chefs in the world spend four years learning their trade and they can make literally hundreds of dishes when they leave school.

>spend 10 years learning how to cook rice mixed with sugar and vinegar
Are they, dare I say it, even more autistic than we are?

think how autistic the japs are in general. think about how autistic a jap would have to be to become a sushi chef. now multiply that autism by 500 and you have jiro and his staff

>it tastes delicious
No it's raw fish.

>looks great
No, it's raw fish.

>great variety of texture
No, it's literally raw fish.

>ok dat wirr be donation prus tip

>I admire not the man who has practiced 10,000 meals once, but I admire the man who has practiced one meal 10,000 times.

anyone who uses the term 'texture' to describe food is a retard

>Explaining memes
Lurk moar faggot

I make the best instant noodles.

youtube.com/watch?v=AbucAp3-ahg

Sushi is such a fucking meme, there’s literally zero preparation, entirely dependent on the fish that’s it

I like how this guy makes it into every jiro thread now.

lmao what is this fedora quote

Texture is a meme.

*makes way underneath your shirt*

I appreciate perfection, but it's rice. It's literally boiling water. The 10 years cooking rice is nothing but hubris on the part of Jiro.

Because the complication of making sushi has nothing to do with the slicing and placing on the rice, it's to do with how you prepare the meat, the rice, the sauces, the various sticking agents, etc. Anybody that thinks it's just slicing up some fish and chucking it on rice is 100% retarded.

why? is there a better word out there for describing the shape and structure of an object, especially one you taste?

Im gonna nuke his shithole of a country, then build military bases all over it and fill it up with niggers that should be in prison, that will rape his women every time they get out of their base for that sushi bullshit.

Even this meme american dish require 10 times the ammount of work sushi master hacks need to put into their work

Why, you don't think adding something crispy to something soft makes a difference in how it tastes? Because it does whether you realize it or not.

>That pussy sniff
How's that part of the "massage"?

I've missed the meme origins and now all that is left is 2nd tier memeing

>Bruce Lee
>fedora

What the fuck

you're a Little Boy

And people said bellybutton rubbing was a meme.

At least put some effort into the OP you fucking loser, spice it up a little bit

little bit of this and a little bit of that

Jiro has autistic levels of obsession with perfecting a very simple craft, and charges handsomely for it

Sup Forums has autistic levels of saltiness towards someone seemingly scamming people and feeling superior for it

Where does the truth lie? Probably somewhere in the middle.

I've had higher quality sushi and it's definitely way better than regular sushi. I've also had super expensive S-Tier sushi, and I didn't really see the big deal. Perhaps you have to develop a pallet to truly appreciate top-tier sushi, like with wine.

But should you charge absurd amounts for it? Ruin your family dynamic? Make the eating experience uncomfortable? Definitely not.

>defending a meme "chef" on leddit 2.0

Best Emma, thanks for posting friend.

>poor brainlets raised on fastfood and mommy's tendies aren't aware food has texture

Post more Dong Lou especially the one on the stone park bench massage

these niggas look like they belong in a jav

sushi is nothing but preparation you dingus

>waito piggu

Don't worry, OP. He will never call you that.

Thanks senpai

I'm sure this lad knows how to make sushi, but he's being insanely pretentious. Instead of a just using a pressure cooker, he has some retarded lid and calls it a secret technique. What a fag

>muh special rice cooking techniques!
>folding fish over mirrion times!
no, fuck off.

bruce lee is an even bigger meme than jiro

heh

yeah dude's a dink, I'd much rather try Masa in New York if I was a rich bitch

MUH TEXTURE

>I'm sure this lad knows how to make sushi, but he's being insanely pretentious.
Pretty much. Good film though.

>Instead of a just using a pressure cooker, he has some retarded lid and calls it a secret technique.
I mean, there's a difference between pressure cooker rice and traditionally prepared sushi rice, just not a big one. But if you're gonna go as absolutely top of the line as possible, like to the point of absurdity, yeah I'd like a guy who spent time learning how to prepare rice.

Tbh 300 dorrars isn't THAT much for supposedly the best sushi i the world

Nigger if you don't think texture's important if food try eating nothing but smoothies for a week. Shit sucks.

Get ready for the Fat Man.

write reviews about the texture of all the sperm you've slurped down over the years

This guy is such a master bullshit artist I'm not even disappointed in any way.

>he doesn't think the viscosity of the sperm is important in judging its overall quality
fag

man your stupidity is insult enough

It's just a massage, bro.

I rike sushi

only the poorfags and the manchildren populating Sup Forums would be dumb enough to call a restaurant a "scam"

Explain how it's not?

How else would you get the bad evil Qi out?

>to learn how to cook rice for sushi you could have gotten a PhD instead

not compared to your slurpidity

pic related did it far better

Put all your food in a blender then.

Think of all the time you'll save!

Had my jaw wired shut for a few weeks. I know that feel.

Why do you like that one so much? Are you using it as a reference so you can master your techniques?

A PhD and enough time left over to go to culinary school.

they all look like generic, soulless bugmen, so it doesn't matter how much profits they make from overcharging idiots for raw fish and vinegar rice, they will always be unhappy from the fact of their appearance and lack of options in the sexual marketplace.

why do you think the japanese sex industry is going strong, it's because whores will charge $1000's to let one of these sushimasters fuck them.

What's so bullshit about a master perfecting his art?

I'd rather go to Hokkaido where they're not out of their fucking minds and I can actually eat "CHEESU." I would be ashamed with myself to actually sit at the table where Jiro serves sushi knowing that there is better. Unlike the majority of you, I've been to Japan. Don't fuck around with Tokyo or Osaka, go to Sapporo. Shit is based. Unless you're a fucking weabbooo or whatever and you need to be treated like some dipshit foreigner.

That's a lot of salt for a man with too many food references. Kys my man

Have you ever marinated something in your entire life?

Not him but- when I first started cooking I marinated something in soy sauce. NEVER FUCKING DO THAT EVER. Sodium takes over everything mates. Your chicken breast will be utterly fucked.

Fukuoka was fire. best year of my life there. would try to go back but i know it'd be like chasing a moment in time.

It works if you don't use too much soy and add garlic. The meat isn't supposed to swin around in the marinate.

I was at University and borderline retarded when it came to cooking. Still ate it because I had nothing else.

WHAT IS THIS AND HOW DO I GET IT AS A CAREER

I don't understand how you can be so fucking full of yourself. Have you done any research at all in this area? Stop fucking consider yourself an expert.

Do you think Jiro just googled "sushi marinade" and went with the first hit? He obviously went through a lot of trial and error in how to prepare the fish and what ratio of vinegar/sugar to put into the rice.

Why don't you go to a michelin star restaurant and have some sushi then go home and make it yourself. At least do that before you start banging shit against your keyboard and pretend you have any fucking idea what you're talking about.