Steven Universe: Wanted

A few days ago, some unofficial but yet plausible synopses of the upcoming episodes were uploaded in Kametsu:
>Steven Universe S05E02 - The Trial
US Airdate: May 29th, 2017 at 7:15PM
Synopsis: Steven goes to court with the diamonds and is put on trial.
>Steven Universe S05E03 - Off Colors
US Airdate: May 29th, 2017 at 7:30PM
Synopsis: Steven discovers some unusual, unexpected allies.
>Steven Universe S05E04 - Lars' Head
US Airdate: May 29th, 2017 at 7:45PM
Synopsis: Steven finally gets to know the real Lars.

What are you honestly expecting from the 1 hour special, Sup Forums? Is there something in particular you would like to see addressed? It would be nice to get a look at all those gems using mechanical extensions due to the resource crisis or whatever is happening there. I'm stoked for seeing BD finally getting mad, it would add a layer to her character of being terrifying whenever she wants to be.

>Lars' Head
my bet is Steven gets sent to gem ultra gulags and has to use his dream powers to guide Lars's rescue of him

Or maybe Lars gets his head chopped off. That'd be fun.

that's some bitching hair for SU

or steven gets to know lars by fusing with him as Stars

Source on that picture?

the leak ride has begun

And now we fucking wait for all the random pics to pop up throughout the weekend

Why did this important arc have to involve Lars of all characters?

Or maybe shut the hell up.

because Lars was lagging behind on the character development

now he's gonna get a weapon of his own and be promoted from townie to sidekick, like connie

Lars has more episodes than almost any human character, he's had plenty of opportunities to develop

>the trial
It's finally explained all the crimes of Rose

>off colors
Probably there's a civil war in home world, given how jasper told that defective gems are shattered.

>Lars head.
Lars dies.

>Steven discovers some unusual, unexpected allies.

What Would Be Cool:
>White Diamond was replaced by an imposter at some point or was somehow incapacitated/has always been unable to adequately express herself on the world around her
>secretly guides Steven to herself so that she can garner his sympathies and assistance
>she helps him escape, setting up a later alliance that with be instrumental in saving Earth

What Will Actually Happen:
>a bunch of malformed idiot Gems assembled in some sort of douchebag rebellion has somehow managed to stay entirely beneath the notice of the Diamonds for thousands of years
>they're both going to help Steven escape AND somehow hold the entire Homeworld army at bay by themselves so that Earth doesn't get glassed before Steven Deus ex Machinas this shit with his Crying And Singing No Jutsu
>I die inside just a little bit more

>Crying And Singing No Jutsu

Finally.. she's so beautiful, this is all I ever wanted from SU

>Crying And Singing No Jutsu

My theory is that:
>Steven is put on trial
>Due to something, the Diamonds discover the truth. That Steven is a hybrid, and that the real Rose Quartz is basically dead
>But Steven ends up saying that someone needs to pay for what his mother did, and he is willing to die if that will make the Diamonds happy
>Lars of course, doesn't want him to die
>Yellow is extremely happy about this, ready to kill him
>But then, Blue stops her. Blue tells her that, even though Steven has her gem, he is still part human, as is his friend Lars, and that Pink Diamond would have forgave them
>Yellow gets pissed, stating that Pink is gone, and he is the one that killed her
>Blue states that, with rose quartz officially gone, she can move on, and she forgives Steven
>With tears in his eyes, Steven looks up in shock at Blue, and says "REALLY?!"
>Blue smiles, and nods. Yellow gets pissed even further
>Yellow tells Blue that she is glad that Pink is dead, because she was weak. Weak for caring about humans, and weak for being defeated by a lowly quartz solder. Blue is shocked
>Lars hugs Steven, glad that he is save, and they fuse
>Stars states to both of them that the past is the past, and they should care about each other now, instead of fighting
>Blue smiles and nods, saying she is impressed humans can feel this way, and is shocked that Steven was able to fuse with Lars
>Yellow disagrees, and states that it just made her target easier to destroy.
>Blue tells Stars to run, ands he starts to fight Yellow
>They get on a escape pod, un fuse, and leave, as tears run down Steven's face due to Blue
>Then, they hear a horrific shatter, and then, the tears in Steven's eyes stop.
>End

>Steven finally gets to know the real Lars.

STARS IS H A P P E N I N G

>the real lars
>after he's already constantly admitted he's just some miserable self hating fuck
>mfw stars is just some self confused teen who accidentally beats everyone up exploring his new self

>Lars dies

yeah, but where does WD fit into this?

Oh, I didn't check the OP picture. Holy shit white diamond hype.

I feel like you have greatly mischaracterized Blue

"I want to know what she thinks we're going to do to her because I want to do something worse"-BD

Doesn't seem as forgiving to me

YD loved PD too, she's just bad at expressing it.

Is that real tho?
Looks more like fan art to me

>Put on Trial

I thought the Diamonds were dictators?

good dictators at least pretend

public trials are great for keeping the working class loyal. the ones who like you get to celebrate the suffering of your enemies while the ones who have had a bit too much to think get reminded what will happen if they stop walking the walk

The verdict is already known before the trial begins. The point of the trial is to show the people HOW the verdict was arrived at, the evidence which proved the convicted's guilt, and the confession of their crimes.

/sug/ should take over a 3rd world country desu

Trust in me.

I've honestly been contemplating the value of saving up money for a bit then buying end renting out property in foreign shitholes where my neetbucks amount to a small fortune

People in morning can be vindictive if they can justify it as equity. It doesn't make them horrible people.

>mfw he immediately dies afterwards since he cant handle the murdercock inside him

She doesn't know the full story. All of her anger will vanish if she finds out that Steven wants to be punished and the real Rose Quartz is already gone. Blue is dedicated to Pink, but also to her philosophy on humans as well. She won't seek a death that means nothing if it can't even get her revenge.

You know this is fake by virtue of the CN logo in the corner alone, right?

>her philosophy on humans
And what is that, exactly? She only "cares" about them because of Pink.

Not him, but is that true?

Is that CN logo meant to trick people into believing that this is a genuine leak?

Pfft!

Make the art shittier and white diamond's design stupider then MAYBE it'll be a tiny bit convincing.

Yes, no real leaked screenshot arbitrarily comes with the network logo stamped on it

Additionally, look at the top of her gem; it breaches the outline of her forehead, and that's a no-go in terms of designs on the show.

I can see that, the lighting is also off compared to the show's and the quality is much higher than past stills.

>mfw Steven loses his shit and starts shattering gems with Lars fusion

What's wrong with that hair?

Post your reaction to when they rip out Steven's gem and shatter it, then flip the fuck out when Steven keeps existing

Oh well. I guess Rose sacrificed herself for nothing.

I hope star summons a diamond

Why does tumblr like this piece of shit?

you know that ronnie comic?
>Which one do you like
>her
>but she's so angry about everything
>I believe I'm the only one who can make her happy
>...I'm so broken

and replace magical girls with twink toon boys

ummmm...he's obv a transboi struggling with depression and insecurity

his clueless family doesn't kno how to help and sadie doesnt either

he lashes out as a defense mechanism and really he's just so vulnerable and badly misunderstood UwU

fresh OC from /trash/
I miss you so much Sup Forums

Moonstone looks like a character that would be voiced by Kevin McDonald.

screencap this just in case I end up being right

Exactly. What's going to happen when she finds out that Steven is technically half human? And finds out that the rose that shattered Pink is dead already? Blue has been going through the stages of grief, and forgiveness is one of those stages. There is no way in hell that Blue isn't going to end end up forgiving Steven. Its going to be what teachers her forgiveness. Its just too obvious at this point, even more so with the red herring at the beginning showing Blue to be angry. Of course Yellow won't agree with this, one because she wants them to move on from Pink, and two, she won't care that Steven is half human, and will want to destroy him anyways.

I still can't believe people think that Blue won't end up forgiving Steven.

1. Its a trial. They are obviously going to be asking questions and getting all the information they can before just killing Steven.

2. We know that Blue understands sadness of loss, is going through the stages of grief, AND basically follows Pink's ideologies like they are law. The incident with Greg shows that Blue has no reason to want the destruction of humans, just the opposite, she wants to preserve them from dying.

3. Blue wants revenge on Rose Quartz yes, but as long as she's dead, that's all she needs. Yellow Diamond is obsessed with obedience, but Blue has likely gotten softer from crying over Pink, and understanding humans.

Its just really obvious that Blue is going to find out that the person she wants dead, IS dead, and that they almost killed a human instead, and a fight is going to break out within the diamonds.

Or maybe everyone will act like a retard for no reason so the plot can be delayed again.

I want to give her a morning dicking

I still can't believe there are people like you who believe she's going to be redeemed and is soft.

First of all have you watched That Will Be All? The moment Sapphire almost spilled the beans BD's broken attitude completely shifted:
>What special delivery?
>I never asked any Sapphire to go to Earth.
This is the sound of a very dangerous lady. Just like in The Answer how she immediately wanted to shatter Ruby the moment she fused with a higer ranked gem and a member of her court. This Ruby who wasn't even a rebel but a loyal HW gem still at that moment.
Secondly humans are only a memory of PD's legacy. Watching Greg understanding her pain made her understand why PD liked them and wanted to keep them, but they are still inferior species which belong in a zoo (probably the reason Rose shattered PD because she never was going to leave the humans alone and free and keep them as pets instead.) Notice how the list Steven gave to Peridot came into play? Peridot's report made it sound to them like modern day humans are now separated into different subspecies (the lars, sadies, onions, my dads etc.). They're not going to take every human with them (would take a lot of time while the cluster is suppose to hatch very soon as far as they know), they just want these specimen to breed and be preserved in PD's name. Just like how BD wasn't able to shatter the other Rose Quartz' just yet. They belonged to PD and she made them. It's similar to how parents have a hard time giving away belongings from their child who sadly passed away. Our Rose Quartz/Steven on the other hand...

>Blue wants revenge on Rose Quartz yes, but as long as she's dead, that's all she needs.
No that's obviously not enough.
(To be continued...)

Either that or Steven's optimism and constructive personality compensate for Lars' pessimism and dismissive attitude.

For that matter, Lars might bloom just feeling how much somebody cares about him.

Personally I suspect 'The real Lars' might involve the whole trans thing being either confirmed or disproven forever.

I don't think that's real mate.

Yeah, that is likely to happen...

>To be continued...)

Continuation of > “I want to know what she thinks we’re going to do. Because I want to do something worse.”
They'll see Steven as RQ and probably believe this was a pathetic strategy of her to hide away. BD wants to know what Rose thinks they'll do to her, because she wants a punishment even worse. Steven mentioned being shattered before to Aquamarine who laughed and said if he really believed that would be the worst they could do to him. Death would be too easy, they want torture just like how Rose tortured them when she took PD away from them. Noticed how the trailer shows Steven and Lars escaping and being chased and attacked. How they use a tracker to find them? The trailer also shows it tracks Steven's gem and not his human DNA/identity. They want to keep him or her I should actually say, because that's what they are fixated on. Rose Quartz and finding away to make her suffer for good.

(Btw English is not my first language so I might made some errors which could maybe weaken some of my arguments. Sorry about that.)

Just because you have problems doesn't mean you can't also be a little douchebag. So I think the Lars = Trans thing may have merit, but that doesn't mean it's what made his personality.

The end game must be the Diamonds realizing Earth IS valuable. And the key to that is Steven.
We have a shattered gem. We have a boy with healing powers. We have a pineapple pen!

I hope you are right. But I think the only thing that could convince Blue Diamond to forgive him is him restoring Pinky.

Ha.
>Aquamarine tells on Topaz
>One of the Topaz' is shattered
>Topaz cries piteously
>Steven can't stand it and tries to heal the shattered Topaz
>It works - for the first time, his healing power works all the way
Result: Steven gains a lifelong ally and Blue Diamond might let him escape.

"Listen to me. I am letting you go. On one condition: Heal her. Heal her and I will spare you and your friends! Heal Pink Diamond!"

Then you have a Quest. My money's on Lion.

Was I talking to you fag? Notice how one user took the time to write arguments for discussion I'm very certain he isn't in for tl;dr

I object to the word 'redeemed'. She isn't someone who strayed. She is what is meant to be - the powerful leader of a space empire.

Pink Diamond's destruction diminished them all. Something is missing. And it affects all of their behaviours.

I agree with your assessment of their opinion on humans, but not that she is not 'soft'. Interrupting someone's grieving with some trifle is enough to annoy anybody.

I say she is a monarch, she cannot just go and let him run.
And she is meek before Yellow if regal toward her charges, so she will not likely switch to open support, even if she forgives Steven in her heart.
I say she will help them indirectly. Leave the palanquin unprotected, misdirect search efforts, make an escape route obvious, allow them to meet up with known disloyal elements.
Maybe she will give them opportunity to lead the Zoo rabble out of her service and back to their beloved Earth.

I suppose you're right that anyone could be annoyed about being interrupted in the middle of grief. But that still doesn't change the fact how quickly she ordered our Ruby to be shattered for an accident. Just because you're heartbroken and sad doesn't mean you are soft.

Go write shit on your blog if you're that offended.

and we miss you, Tooney

>The moment Sapphire almost spilled the beans BD's broken attitude completely shifted
>They'll see Steven as RQ and probably believe this was a pathetic strategy of her to hide away.

As per your example: unlike YD, who's intelligent but closed-minded, BD seems to be clever and also pretty perceptive. Since even Bismuth was able to understand the difference between Steven and Rose after minimal interaction, I'd expect BD to also be capable of doing so through observation.

>but that doesn't mean it's what made his personality

Personally, I agree with you. But Lars apologists don't want to admit he's ultimately responsible for his own shitty attitude.

Nice try continuing to derail this thread but you and I both know many are actually having good discussions right now.

But go ahead and report to a mod. I'm sure they're more pleased about your shitposts than these discussions :^)

I'm not saying the Diamonds won't reach a point where they'll be able to see Rose "evovled" into another being. But they are hyperfixated on his gem which is RQ. Even if they see Steven as innocent they would still want to have his gem (maybe try to rip it off him?). Or attempt to kill him to punish Rose just like how she took someone precious and "innocent" from them.

Evolved*

The diamonds fear heterofusion.

I theorized that heterofusion alters gems. Before 'Hit the diamond' I believed that Ruby's fire powers were unique and instilled by her fusing with Sapphire, since neither of them showed any sign of having ice or fire powers before they fused. And Sapphire freezing received emphasis in the episode.

I also used the idea that the first heterofusion was Rainbow Quartz, resulting in a) Rose and Pearl being changed, namely from a fierce Quartz warrior into a gentle maternal figure, and from a meek and subservient Pearl slave into a courageous, assertive warrior; b) them receiving unusual abilities, namely the ability to fight in Pearl's case, and the ability to heal in Rose's; and c) the rebellion, as the changes they underwent caused them to see the value in all life, especially on Earth.

And the heterofusions have unexpected, unusual properties, as well as being really powerful. The ONLY quintofusion we have seen so far was Mega-Ruby, and she was just strong and maybe as tall as Opal. Sugilite would have smashed her and Sardonyx actually did.

I think Blue Diamond wasn't just angry at a breach of protocal, she feared she saw another fuse being lit. And, boy, was she right.

"We contend that the individual being Steven Universe is innocent of the destruction of Pink Diamond. He is therefore free to go...

...after the gem of the criminal, Rose Quartz, has been extracted."

Seems plausible.

this is really cute but how dare you cut off her nose

I'm not sure if it really alters gems for good but it's definitely a given that hetrofusions are more powerful than homofusions. The Diamonds must indeed fear being overpowered by such fusions.

Btw another reason Blue isn't a softy is because she like the other two remaining diamonds is responsible for the corruption wave (hitting not just CG but also many loyal HW gems) and creating something as horrible as the Cluster (broken gems continuing to suffer in the form of a forced fusion monstrosity).

Yeah... I wonder who specifically created the Cluster and how. That seems some pretty horrifying work.

Some psychotic Gem version of Mengele. The elusive Emerald, perhaps?

It seems foreshadowed that Steven and Lars could be on Homeworld for quite a while before they finally manage to get a ship and escape. Maybe they do a 'world tour' of sorts, meeting different people, 'TLA' season three-style.

>Steven forced to shapeshift into a full-sized Quartz to elude capture
>Lars posing as a Pearl

Post scenes from the show that actually made you shed tears.

Something about Steven's line about how he was kind of glad Lars was here kind of fucked me up.

They were planning on using the cluster too, it was a larger project than just destroying earth. No idea how they'd tame the thing and use it as what I assume would be a planet destroyer like the death star

What worried me was how dismissive Peridot was about 'just a geo-weapon'. Doesn't that suggest geo-weapons are a thing with them?

One can only hope.

>Hour long special
>Only 3 episodes
Even by burger standards that's terrible.

Stuck together is included so it's 4, like a standard bomb.

desu I just didnt know how to draw her nose from the front and still make it look long, so I just did my standard "draw a black line for the bottom of the nose" out of laziness
I know it's long and strong

You seriously thought that was a heartfelt moment? You didn't get desensitized by all the excessive crying for the past two season like everyone else?

Steven is an innocent child and does not deserve the kind of crap.
I hope Lapis and Peridot give him lots of hugs once gets back to Earth.

>tfw I had that same thought when Moonstone was first revealed.

It's because of her similarity to Pleakey, isn't it?

That would be cool. But I do hope the CG on earth would join them eventually. I'm really starting to like Lars after this recent bomb but I'm not sure if I want to see 12 episodes of just him and Steven.

I've never cried when watching this show, but I don't cry about fiction easily anyway. However I still enjoy feelsy moments and this show has some good moments like that. Gem Drill is the first one to come into my mind now. Steven and Peridot shared so many genuine and touching moments in this episode.

Moonstone is a beautful girl with a beautiful voice

It was too relatable. I got trapped in a building with one of my friends in a fire back in 2010 and I felt the exact same way. when you're in those scary situations you start to think about that you just...break down

If that happens i'm officially dropping the show.

Theres only two times I've ever cried for this show, and even then it was more hollywood crying then bawling.

>The last few minutes of Bubbled
>The meditation scene in Mindful Education

Sorry to hear about the fire hazard you encountered 7 years ago, and excuse my french, but you're a fucking pussy, dude.

The crying was unnecessary, they could've said that without having every character in the scene make waterfalls and it would've been a strong moment, but all it did was make me roll my eyes over how typical the shitty writing is.

That's probably how it'll go down, I can only hope Sugar does the right thing. Having Moonstone, Pearl,
and Alexandrite as my birthstones kind of helps when it comes to having a soft spot for her.I've also seen the full pic of that, it's the only piece of lewd Moonstone artwork and I love it.

I also mentioned a similarity to Dr. Doppler from Treasure Planet.

>Being a pussy for having a flashback to a traumatizing time in your life.
And then you wonder why your only friends are cartoons.

Really? The person who doesn't cry over character crying is the one who doesn't have friends? Cognitive fucking dissonance.

The word soft implies weakness.
I would say she is not weak at all for forgiving or accepting Steven as a new being.
Weakness here is to rage for rage's sake and seek revenge beyond reason.

You sound sad user

>everyone else

Leave me out of this.

Wooow. You come across as seriously damaged, mate.

That's not what he said.

You sound like a drag to be with seeing how you think emotions are for pussies it's easy to see that no one really likes you

Then you have no idea what sad means, did you drop out of school as a child?

Gee, sorry for not bawling over characters who excessively cry in practically every fucking episode since Season 3 premiered, I'm totally damaged!

Emotions? There's a difference between having feelings and then crying like a little bitch over fictional characters whining about the same petty shit over and over again, projecting your insecurities onto me is further proof of your pathetic failure as a normal functioning human being.