youtube.com/watch?v=VSrv_n4tw7w
youtube.com/watch?v=mz5kY3RsmKo
youtube.com/watch?v=2RQZLFkjlJw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

only if you look in a mirror

It's been like that since episode 3

haha, what a funny comment. Have an upvote my good sir

probably

I have a feeling Aku is going to get overpowered and overwhelmed and defeated within the first half, and Ashi fights her inner demons in the 2nd half or something and the epilogue also happens in the 2nd half.

It will undoubtedly be shit if it is 22 minutes. If we get 44 then it could be salvaged.

>yes

Aku is more important than Ashi. If he dies in the first half, it's going to be an anticlimactic piece of garbage.

Aku and Jack define this series. It's all about them, if Ashi steals the spotlight, it's a shit conclusion that is going to be forgotten forever. But I guess any trash will pass on Sup Forums, because le Samurai Ashi spinoff when???

Genndy may be many things but i doubt hes THAT tone def

Idk, the leaks show Aku getting wrecked in the first half already so it kinda worries me.

prolly
Better than what was airing before though, that is to say- there are fucking no action cartoons anymore. I'd be happier about Jack existing at all in this climate if I were you.

>tfw we'll never see Narc again

You;re still gunna watch it, even if it's shit.

>It's going to be shit, isn't it?
This is what OP's Mom said as they gave her the epidural in the delivery room.
She guessed right, too

....yah

Only if you expect perfection.

Just enjoy the finale, it'll be fine.

I don't understand why Samurai Jack fans are suddenly expecting quality writing and not just a bunch of cool action sequences. Does no one actually remember anything about this show?

people probably just hoping for a good time, sometimes just sitting back and taking what you're given doesnt make it a good time

That's the thing. I would have expected that Samurai Jack fans would have a good time with just action sequences and a plot that is nothing more than an excuse to make the action sequences happen because that's what Samurai Jack used to be. But now their wish comes true and the show comes back and it does exactly that and I hear nothing but complaints. The storytelling is bad? NO SHIT, GUYS!

It has high chance of being shit if you decide to hype up the ending which something I have not done.

You are right, there's no reason to hype it up. It's wiser to expect that it's going to be bad and not be surprised when you are right.

I guess it comes with the fact that the show is telling a new story with a new character who is for most of the season with Jack, and ultimately decides a lot for Jack, and with fewer episodes and so much to tie up, I think people got more than they really wanted.

I think that this season was overhyped to begin with though, not really shocking but this level of disappointment and complaints isnt really surprising either.

That is Aku's nature. He gets blown the fuck out at first but always comes back with some sort of sneaky Jewish trick.

Yup

It's already turned to shit user

The issue is it's bad with new elements. If there was nothing new the quality could be ignored

>Ashi ends up dead somehow
>jack beats aku
>jack uses time portal to save ashi then beat aku again with ashi
>going threw the portal back stops jack being unaging
>lives out life with ashi
how do YOU think it will end

of season 1

monkeys paw

The last one is a two-parter.

>trying this hard

Because the new season was marketed as a more narrative driven one with a focus on the writing?

why am i more sad about aku possibly dying than any other character?

youtube.com/watch?v=vle64_qu2vQ
[/spoiler] Jack [/spoiler]

because he is already dead and you have yet to come to terms with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=PXkgn3QUA2w

Nope, it's gunna be great.

I really believe that Genndy is going to ditch Aku in favor of Ashi. Muh power of love and all that trash.

Bringing it back was a mistake.

>Jack kills Aku
>Ashi is saved
>Jack ages instantly like the lava monster and dies happy, having slain his foe and freed his love
>Ashi carves FREE on his tombstone

A lot of the people watching never even seen Jack before.

Cause he's probably the most beloved character despite being pure evil. Because he's well written, he encompasses ALL evil, which includes being ridiculously petty and childish.

It makes him human and endearing.

It might be shit but what a ride.
When have you last been this excited or hopeful over a cartoon?
For a bit, I got to go back to saturday morning cartoons, at least in spirit.
I'll be happy to have a conclusion regardless.

I got a date with a thicc brazilian tonight and I'm more excited to wake up tomorrow and watch the ep. Priorities.

If you're getting your swordplay fix with both, I don't see the problem.

>it's an Ashi's sing and dance along episode
>it's an Ashi gets zapped while jack is offscreen struggling against children episode
>it's a Jackio is missing episode
>it's a Jack drinks tea and sits down episode
>its a kill jacks best friend so he doesn't take someone else's spotlight episode
>It's a jack sits down and tries to play sudoku episode

Such is the burden of a completionist.

Any word on the length of the episode? Is it an hour long?

who am i kidding it's the same 20 minutes isnt it

yes

post yfw ashi gets the final blow

>JUST

lol not on adultswim.
The view count is well deserved for a shitty season.

He brings the most laughs and smiles than the rest of the cast. There's things about his personality that makes him lovable and relatable. Unfortunately, due to his nature, he makes everyone else's life a living hell.

I'm honestly hoping he wins because there should be literally nothing that can stop him at this point. Or at least just have him sealed away like before. He's probably gonna die though because, you know, villains always have to lose. It's like Wreck it Ralph syndrome.

It's going to be really really good, a spectacular conclusion to the series.

but you, like many on Sup Forums will say it is shit because it isn't your headcanon.

Prepare for it to be shit. Anything less will be great

only ashi dying would make it good

It's been shit since episode 3

Genndy is the Lucas of animation, so yes.

JUST FUCKING MY SHIT, FOOLISH SAMURAI

They should've end the series with Jack saying. "Yeh?!" and then "WATCHA!!"

Because newfags got overhyped because SJ is returning and never actually watched season 1-4 when they aired. They binged the first 4 seasons, thought they were "okay" and are disappointed that the new series isn't perfect and saving western animation.

These people also somehow just happen to remember things from the old series even though they happened 13 years ago, yet they expect us to believe that they aren't new to SJ.

If you go in just expecting more SJ, then you realise that Season 5 is basically just a really long finale episode and you also realise that it's fun to watch.

this tbqh

>Aku is more important than Ashi.
You haven't been watching this season, have you?

Season 5 is fanfiction at this point. Aku and Jack are the most important characters no matter what, so anything that changes that concept gets automatically shit.

Basically it forgets its purpose.

>the final battle's theme won't be this youtube.com/watch?v=f4nUD_dNiGo

>Season 5 is fanfiction at this point
It really is at this point. Ashi is just literally a self-insert Mary Sue. Just as badass as Jack, becomes his girlfriend, is inexplicably the literal child of Aku. There's probably a fanfiction just like this out there somewhere, to a T.

Honestly, I'm hoping for that scene to be from a bagpipe ear rape led by the Scotsman

D E V I L I S H

>is inexplicably the literal child of Aku
Wow, you really went full retard in this one.

Well, I mean...How the fuck does drinking evil essence make a chick pregnant with septtuplets anyway?

But yeah, should've used a different word.

well may as well screencap this. We're in for a ride I think...

Don't be too pessimistic.

Why does Jack refer to himself as Jack? His name isn't Jack he had a name before that, Jack was just something they called him when he first arrived.

"You some sort of Samurai, jack?"

i am going to miss him

He is dead since 2006

It's a take on the lone stranger trope.
>No one knows who he is or where he comes from. Most folks just call him "Stranger."
etc

>aku gets rekt thanks to the scotman
>but his essence lives on ashi
>just before turning into akuv2 ashi dews the deed
>samurai jacko finally commits sudoku following waifu into afterlife

That's what im saying. But the lone stranger himself doesn't call himself lone stranger, he's usually called these names by other people.

Jack is literally calling himself Jack. When HE knows his real name. It makes sense for others to call him "Samurai" or "Jack", because they no nothing about his background or his real name.

Aku never even called him "Jack" upon their first meetings, he always called him "Foolish samurai"

Yep.

"JEK AND AKERCHOO FIYT, WIRLD WIL B DED IF JEK NOT WEN!"

>Aku sealed again
Damn what a shitty ending that would be. Aku would just end up loose in a few years and make everything Jack did useless

underrated post

He originally thought it was some kind of bizarre future custom and was doing his best to try to respect it. By the time he figured out that it was just slang, the name had already stuck.

I don't know... it's a fucking cartoon.

When in Rome.

I suppose it IS a bit weird with Ashi, though. That True Name stuff is pretty big in romance, after all ("my friends call me Jack, but you can call me Mitori", etc).

>Just as badass as Jack,

Jack can literally swat her like a bug. As in a single backhand blow from him has the potential to snap her neck and fucking kill her instantly. Look at what happened to her sister.

Or look how long Ashi herself, with a weapon and the element of surprised, lasted against a wounded, suicidal, unarmed, naked, malnourished, holding-back Jack. It was about ten seconds.

>Just as badass
That's why he carried her around like a ragdoll and beat her in every fight they had
>becomes his girlfriend
Does it bother you the fact that she becomes his girlfriend or how they handled it?
>inexplicably the literal child of Aku
Do you even pay attention to the show you're criticizing?

He's been called Jack longer than he's been called by his birth name.

He is probably ashamed of his original name for the dishonor he brought it after being bested by Aku in the past.

>Does it bother you the fact that she becomes his girlfriend or how they handled it?
How they handled it. It was awkward and cringey as shit. And I already admitted my mistake about the daughter part.

Okay, maybe not exactly on his level, but she's still able to take out a literal army bare-handed.

I hope it is awful so all you samurai jack fags get btfo.

>How they handled it. It was awkward and cringey as shit. And I already admitted my mistake about the daughter part.

I can see where the complains come from. I still find it plausible enough. They're both's first; young love tends to be rushed. Also, they shared quite a few experiences together and came to really care for one another after numerous acts of selflessness for each other. Add in how attractive they both are, and you have a pretty solid recipe for romantic interest.

>It was awkward and cringey as shit.
It was awkward as hell, yes, but that's to be expected from two people who have done nothing but train to fight and kill their entire life. It's a lot of firsts for both of them, and firsts are always awkward. Nobody gets into dating completely seamlessly. Assuming you've had romantic experiences, you've surely seen this first-hand. I think it comes off very genuine and fitting for the characters. [spoilers]plus I think it's cute as fuck[/spoilers]

>fucking up the spoiler tags
Well, that's what I get for phoneposting first thing after I wake up. Time to kms

While that's a possibility, Jack would only be about in his 70's, so he could keep living.

>but she's still able to take out a literal army bare-handed.

This is just a logical extension of her even being able to function as a minor annoyance to a guy who can punch down stone pillars, block machine gun fire from multiple angles at point blank range, and leap dozens of meters in the air with 50 tons of boulder on his back.

this guy gets it - S5 was never meant to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, it was meant to be a satisfying finale to a series that never got a conclusion.

All I want to see in this finale is the people Jack met and helped banding together for a final assault, Jack defeating Aku, and some kind of cathartic ending where he either goes back to the past or accepts his new life in the future.

If that's what we get tonight, I'm going to be so fucking pleased.

I just hope we get more western adult action cartoons after this. It's been nothing but "adult" "comedies" up until now.

Yeah, for free

youtube.com/watch?v=VSrv_n4tw7w
youtube.com/watch?v=mz5kY3RsmKo

Samurai Jack season 5 is the Fyre Festival of western animation.

>afw dying only halfway in the episode

This was Aku and Jack's last fight before the 50 year gap, aside from that one episode where Aku gimped himself and they fought hand to hand with Aku in human form.

youtube.com/watch?v=2RQZLFkjlJw

It's probably not going to be much of a battle.