Faster than light

>faster than light
>can't react to a glowing green arrow or gas canister
Why is Superman so shit?

perhaps because Superman's greatest weakness is shit writers...?

Being immune to bullets, Superman is use to letting them bounce off or as seen in the pic, catching them with his hands.

So when it turns out to be made of/spray kryptonite, it's usually disguised so his first reaction isn't to get out of the way, it's to let it bounce off.

Miller's point went right over your head. As did for most people.

>pfft an arrow? i don't need to worry

He's grown cocky

Superman would rather catch a projectile then let it ricochet off him and hit someone

He only moves that fast as a travel power, never in a fight. If you want a handwave why, just figure his reflexes or thought speed aren't actually equal to his propulsion abilities so he can only hit max speed when he's moving in a straight line, like from one planet to another, not over short distances.

He had to smelt it, to know who dealt it.

but he can communicate with the Flash at hyperspeed

Not actually faster then light, by the way.

Flash's speedforce allows them to communicate

Fuck it. Now im incorporating time dilation in my own superman epic. Motherfucker won't want to go fast ever again

>Because Superman threw the DKR fight on purpose. This is fucking obvious from the funeral scene.

>Because like the Flash he's always vulnerable to surprise attacks. It's just one of those things like how Goku can be wounded by a laserbeam "because he wasn't ready".

Unless we're talking about really low tier versions yes he is.

>Punishing Superman for having Superpowers just to prove a point

I'm glad you'll never write comics.

if he wanted, he could've dodged everything but he keikaku'd Batman

The thought of this being true. He'd have killed himself on a micro meteorite decades ago. Funny shit.

That's not even remotely true. Superman has super human reflexes and combat speed.

>Shit writing

There's your answer.

But let's be real, it's VERY hard to give Superman a believable fight where he can lose his life or even where he is in any mortal danger.
Guy's basically a god thanks to past writers upping his powers to suit needs or to flaunt that he's the end all of earth superheroes. Which he is.
The only thing that can challenge him are literal gods, and even that's a stretch.

Because he was severely weakened by taking the Coldbringer nuke to the face, which you'd know if you gave a shit about TDKR and not just shit-posting.

Just admit you didn't read the comic, it's all Superman.

>HURR IT'S SHITTY WRITING
Fuck you, they explicitly show in-story that Superman is still feeling the effects of the nuke, that's the only reason why Batman had a chance. It was effectively an excuse to both escalate the situation in Gotham so Clark would have to go after Bruce, and to depower Supes so they could fight for longer than .3 seconds.

stop it user, nobody reads, they just parrot memes and shitpost whatever e-celebs say.

Where is this from

I say bullshit because even with all the shit Bats had, he still wouldn't have stood a chance. Clark's tanked a supernova. A nuke is nothing.

Grounded.

but he powered up with that field tho

Different versions of Superman have different power levels.

Like how JLU Superman could be taken down by a stiff breeze.

Your problem is you're trying to compare different feats in different stories from different eras as though there's some consistent baseline of Supes' strength, like this is a fucking DBZ power level argument.

The world of TDKR is more grounded relative to the Silver Age comics you're presumably referencing. Batman and Superman are older, no longer in their prime, they get pushed to their ethical and physical limits over the course of the story.

But no, bitch because your favorite hero should always be perfect and flawless and invulnerable.

Fictional characters are only as strong as they're written. It's so dumb that people have these long, drawn out arguments about who's stronger. Example: Goku vs Superman

But not light speed, you dunce.

in case anybody needs a fucking reminder Superman's powers come from the SUN. SOLAR ENGERY. When the entire fucking coast is blacked out from the backdrop of a nuke yeah, it's reasonable to presume that he's power levels drop off just like EVERYOTHER TIME. Also the fact he never wanted to hurt bruce just furthered this.

He "powered up" just enough to go from being a fucking dried out raisiny corpse to... NOT being a fucking dried out raisiny corpse.

Look I took the trouble of cropping this shit for you fucks, Miller GOES OUT OF HIS WAY to confirm that no, Superman ISN'T at top speed. I'm sorry if him being vulnerable to enough megatons to shatter a continental shelf bothers you.

The same Supercunt that ripped Olly's arm off.

But that's also the source of his power.

Fucking this.
The Gary Stu wasn't even able to fly until the introduction of commercial airplanes. Or else he would never need to leap a a building in a single bound. Now he can rip your head off while combating magic or passing a kryptonite kidney stone. He's grown boring or hilarious at most.

>De Havilan Comet makes commercial airplane trips a reality in 1952
>Superman was flying by 1946

Siegel gradually powered him up while he was writing him. Superman being really powerful was always his creator's intention.

I thought they made him able to fly because Shazam was able to.

Originally it came about because the Fleisher studio cartoon had him fly for convenience and Siegel adapted it back into the source material.

As soon as the Kryptonite starts getting released from the arrow or canister he's weak. Usually there's no way to know it's in there.

Perhaps you missed the point of the whole book...?

What fucking point was that you pretentious faggot?

Fast but not lightspeed.

I didn't say he doesn't have super-reflexes. I said maybe they can't keep pace with his max flightspeed, which by the way he can only even use in the vacuum of space anyway.

same as always hateful writers relying on shitty contrivance