Who the fuck approved these character designs?

Who the fuck approved these character designs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PdpeKDz_abc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The French, that's who

Some executive who was off their tits on drugs.

Someone with a head fetish. like me

Egomaniacs

This is just how anime is drawn.

Pretty much faux anime that was really popular back then without being understood correctly. It turned out the secret is to hire Koreans to do all the art and animation.

heh

Hey man , back off. This cartoon makes me feel good about my high hairline/huge forehead.

You should feel bad.

People who watched too much anime.

Doesn't each episode end with a shot of her in her underwear?

I also noticed they get inspiration from that final fantasy 8 sewer music

>I am tired of these jokes about my giant forehead. The first such incident occured in 2006 when...

>Haru Persona 5.jpg

Has it not been stressed that this is a french anime?

A guy who went to Gobelins and understands strong character design better than you, OP.

The way Nicholas keeps his hidden behind those bangs. So mysterious.

I can't believe it took me until now to make the connection between android 17/18 and Code Lyoko's character designs.

>tfw Gobelins is not a guarantee of quality

>tfw to intelligent

french people are like this in real life OP

The fun part is that, unlike your XXXXXth CalArts clone, CL's style is one everyone recognizes and remembers immediately, for better or worse. It's called 'memorable character design'.

>people constantly complain about the Code Lyoko character designs
>nobody complains about the oversized or geometric shaped heads in US cartoons like say, Phineas and Ferb
I think it's just because people want to fap to the characters but don't find them attractive enough to.

>He thinks no one wants to fap to Phineas and Ferb

It's really not all that bad.

Edit thread?

Whatever, enjoy being a small brained fool.

Loved the show. Wish it could get an HD DVD release or at least a run on something like Netflix in HD with dual-audio options.

East Africans

Tory Lanez

>Wish it could get an HD DVD release
Have you been in a coma since the show ended in 2007 user? Because I have bad news.

Nigga, you know what I meant, don't be retarded.

The same guy who directed this

Actually, the guy who did Oban only did the series bible for CL, leaving before the show had even really gotten off the ground. It was the chick he collaborated with that took charge for much of the series, with her leaving sometime before Evolution took off after writing out a rough draft of its storyline.

4 x 4 x 4 head

He, and "the chick," collaborated to make the original pilots. I believe it started as a college project for them.

Even if he only did the series bible, he still created the designs.

This any good?

Oban? It's great. A bit different in tone to Code Lyoko, the anime influences are more apparent in the plot whereas in CL it's really just the design, but it's a lot of fun and has interesting characters and world.

The creator of Oban, Savin Yeatman-Eiffel (I see people on Sup Forums often mistakenly credit Thomas Romain who created CL with creating both - he did work on the show but he wasn't the creator) is actually trying to get a continuation off the ground. Pic related.

>I... I was just being retarded by accident!

Point is, he wasn't the director, just the creator.

Not even what I said, idiot. Stay retarded.

>no u

Getting some Jak 2 vibes from this just going off the image.

>mfw I only posted this as a joke and now multiple people are getting mad about it
Fuck's sake Sup Forums.

Nice shitpost, kiddo. Really contributing to the thread.

Perpetuating the argument contributes even less
says the guy perpetuating the argument

Keep it up, kiddo. It's really cute seeing you being retarded and adding nothing of value here.

Not the same user, bub.
Also, here's your contribution.

Does she have four boobs or three and one of them is really wide, and can both her tongues almost touch in the middle? This is important.

I'm contributing just fucking fine, thank you. Unlike that cunt and you if you're trying to act like him.

>stacked Sissi with a more normal head gets a pathetic amount of goop
vs
>Sissi has her head blown open by a massive amount of ballistic goop

youtube.com/watch?v=PdpeKDz_abc

This one? Show me what you mean.

>I'm contributing just fine
Says the guy spending his time nagging other anons

Um, what?

I ain't nagging anybody. I told him to fuck off, that's it. And if you keep it up, you're just as bad by shitposting for no reason whatsoever. So just drop it.

Nope. While a good bit of the first season had its share of fanservice, it was still spaced out enough to not be overdone compared to most smut anime where it was done every other second. Still amazed that the first episode was never censored, not even in repeats.

Yea, whatever.

>with her head blown open

Looks more like those water babies or whatever you call 'em, like thing Billy from Venture Bros is.

Pretty sure this awakened something in me when i was younger.
Not sure what.

In 18's case her eyes are halfway up her head which is accurate. Her hair just doesn't behave the way it should and makes her head look huge.

Eyes on the OP girl are like 1/4 to 1/3 of thje way up her head. And you can see her scalp in the parted area of her hair. That bitch's head is fucking huge.

never knew the lyrics to the song

That fivehead is so huge it loops back around from ugliness right back into hot territory.

Also is Google using the captcha to train its neural networks now?

This show is proof that you can indeed bring your waifu into the real world provided you are smart enough.

>is Google using the captcha to train its neural networks now?
I dunno but mine said
>Gas Rothschild
earlier, I wish I'd capped it.

Kind of loses some of that charm when you realize the gang were doing her a favor as she was a real person trapped inside the computer as opposed to being a mere AI.

Funnily enough, the original idea was to have Aelita be just an AI, but the staff changed it after the reception of season 1 and the rampant theories fans were making.

whats wrong with them?

KEK, maybe your forehead is as bigger as their, so you donĀ“t notice the issue

I thought they were MEEP MOOP MOOP MOOP MEEP MOOP MOOP MOOP

The thing most people are missing about the designs is right here in this picture. The adults have conventional head proportions, the children have deliberately baby-like head proportions. Unfortunately adults don't appear often enough in the show to reinforce this.

> that Rhona Mitra scene in Hollow Man, the one that was only in the theatrical release

I refuse to believe the person who wrote this didn't see the movie

Not sure if this is actually any better or worse but I'm not about to plug in my tablet for a redraw just for a shitpost.

Loses all character the original had. Further proves the point that the weird designs actually work in favor of the show overall.

Eh, voyeuristic scenes like that had been done way before that film. Hell, a lot of horror films, especially during the slasher genre boom, were big on scenes where the first female victim was in a state of undress before the killer/monster attacked.

Huh? Adults showed up quite often in the show, at least Jim and the Principal did. The science teacher did kind of get less and less screen time as the show went on, and the hot nurse only had a handful of episodes where she appeared fairly prominently. Even then, you still had some occasional one-off adults like medics or some kind of passerby in the town segments.

How did that episode even work?

XANA could make people fall into the sky one day?

XANA took control of the grounds around Kadic and fucked with the gravity. It basically reversed how everything works, flinging everyone up into space of keeping them to the ground.

to be precise that character is a mix of 18 and Gally

He took control of a portion of the Earth itself?

Just imagine if Aelita had Alita's powers and temperament. She would have probably wrecked XANA's shit in no time.

Yes.

So what were your favorite episodes?

Too many to really count, but I can't help but love Ghost Channel. It's weird that XANA didn't try a similar scheme of putting the kids into more fake worlds to fuck with them beyond that one instance in the final season with Aelita and her childhood home. Could have been a great way to drive them insane if it had cooked up something to make them lose their grip on reality.

Have to wonder what the sequel could even be about. Unless Jordan's holding a new race earlier than expected, I can't imagine much. Though it could be interesting if they maybe take a page from Outlaw Star and it becomes about Molly and friends traveling the stars for adventure.

every person there except for the old fuck has receding hairline

Aelita and Nicholas didn't.

The one where pic related happened.

Serious answer: I can't actually remember many and I need to rewatch the show.

Fucking idiot it was on Netflix

Comfy Code Lyoko thread?