Soooooooo......WTF, where is adam warlock going to be then?

soooooooo......WTF, where is adam warlock going to be then?

Is this a running joke for Gunn? Add as credit scenes the cocoon only for nothing to come out of it?

Avengers 4 films in august. If Elizabeht debicki is announced, then adam is all but confirmed for Avengers 4.

...Has there been any confirmation that he wouldn't be in the renamed Infinity War part 2?

it must happen

>"I never said for sure he'd be in Vol. 3."
He also never said for sure he wouldn't be in Vol. 3. He'll be in Vol. 3 but Gunn doesn't want to officially confirm anything at this point, just in case.

This reminds me of when Eiji Aonuma said after the first footage of Breath of the Wild was shown that
>"No one explicitly said that that was Link."
Of course it turned out that no one explicitly said it wasn't Link either and it turned out to just be Link. The point he's making is that nothing's confirmed until it is actually officially confirmed.

Gunn seems like the type to do such a thing. I mean, we're talking about the guy who made a bunch of idiots believe he'd give them $100,000 if they find the final GotG easter egg by saying
>"If there is no Easter egg I will give you a hundred thousand dollars"
Which obviously doesn't mean that he will give you that money if you do find it.

It has to happen. Warlock was the story. Everything revolved at the end around him.

There's nothing I want more than Warlock in the MCU but we have to be prepared if they don't use him. Remember when people said they couldn't use Ultron without Pym?

yea....and they were kinda right. UItron sucked

Sure, but they still did it.

Then the question will be did they learn from this mistake. Most likely not. Anyways who would play as Warlock?

Adam Warlock would outshine Iron Man so there's no way he's going to be anywhere near Infinity War. If you think Marvel Studios is going to let anyone other than their golden goose have center stage in their big team-up movie you are kidding yourself.

infinity war is like thanos quest but more avengers getting punted. makes sense adam wouldn't be there. unless he shows up in end credits bursting through strange's window.

Captain Marvel probably.

>GotG comes out, Warlock's Cocoon in background of Howard's credit scene
>Gunn: Yep that's it!
>Gunn, like a year later: Oh no I didn't know what that meant at the time. Warlock's not appearing.

>GotG 2 comes out, Ayesha has a hi-tech Warlock cocoon and explicitly says she's creating Adam
>Gunn: lol I said Warlock was going to appear...

DON'T MESS WITH ME ANYMORE, JAMES!

>Then the question will be did they learn from this mistake
Do they even think of it as a mistake?

Avengers 4 films in August? I thought it was moved back a bit so it's after IW?

The problem I have with Warlock is him being a Gary Stu.

>not in Avengers Infinity War
>not debuting in GotG3
Obviously he's in Infinity Gauntlet.

I figured it out.
Vision will fill Warlock's narrative role, but they won't CALL him Warlock until they want to.
Vision will die, but then again JARVIS "died" to become Vision. His essence will live on in the Mind Gem, maybe even save the day by hacking the Gauntlet from the inside. They've already started blending Thanos stories together (Cosmic Cube, Hickman goons, etc), I would happily bet money that pic related happens at the climax of Phase 3. Seriously, read this panel. They could adapt it word-for-word, it fits so well.
Then either during or after the movie ends the force ghost FKA Vision ends up in Ayesha's body-making machine and bobs your uncle, Adam is born. The life-death-regeneration cycle continues.

Adam Warlock will be a giant space cloud with a face on it.

This. They did it, but it was shit because Tony is naturally a dickhead and learned nothing.

There's a multitude of differences.
For one, MCU Ultron DID have his Pym. It was Stark. A similar character filled the same role.
Two, Adam's literally bound by fate to Thanos. Adapting one without the other isn't truly adapting either of them, the characters are fundamentally complimentary.
Three, MCU Pym's negligible. He's a plot device. Not even the guy directing fucking Ant-Man cared about him. Gunn fanboys for Adam, and Feige cares enough to reserve him his own post-credit hype scene.

Ada's an obscure character who owes 90% to one creative vision. Starlin/Thanos/Infinity buggery is all tightly woven, even Magus and the abstracts and the Adam's supporting cast are tied into it and would fall flat on their own. Do Adam without that and all you've got is Kirby's 2-3 HIM issues, the Jesus Christ Superstar riff and I guess High Evolutionary lore by association. If that's all they wanted to do with him they would bother doing him at all. Adam will get justice IMO.

They don't even think the Mandarin twist was a mistake. Their heads are to far up their own ass to think they could ever make a mistake

I'd be up for this.
Captain Marvel's all about the name, not the individual characters. It's everything all ~8 of them have done. Strand Carol on Titan, show off the ruined city, tell Thanos' backstory through Starfox & Mentor & ISAAC, maybe even throw Pip & Moondragon & a wandering Drax in there. Make Jim Starlin: the Movie. Adam'd slot right in.

Nope. just "not in Infinity War".
Even if they eventually do they could just lie.

The fact that there is a chance Adam Warlock won't be in Infinity War makes me so fucking pissed.

They already ruined Doctor Strange for me, now they gotta do this?

>They already ruined Doctor Strange for me

That's called Box Office Hubris. It's what happens when none of your films are a financial failure.

The movie was completely underwhelming and boring. No amount of cgi can fix that shit. Doesn't help they got one of the worst people to play Strange.

Can anyone give me a rundown of Adam Warlock?

If you think Warlock or Thanos are "Gary Stues" (as if that word means anything anymore) you're probably an idiot who's just butthurt that your favorite Earth hero (likely Captain America) is out of his league around them.

Yeah, still can't relate.
Sorry you didn't enjoy it user.

wew lad where to start
The comics themselves are a grand old time, worth experiencing first hand. Don't suppose you'd be willing to give them a DL if I gave you titles?

Oh, surrrrre. But when Sup Forums has a SENTRY thread...

I wasn't disagreeing btw.
Just being cheeky.

Honestly, trying to prep him for IW will be awkward by this point.

Him and Thanos already had a rivalry by the time Gauntlet rolled around, and both were established anomalous cosmic forces.

The movie felt like someone just Wiki'd Dr. Strange then watched Iron Man 1.

It sucks because I was rooting for based Carlyle to write a great Strange script, but man did he flub it.

>then watched Iron Man 1
Have you read Strange's origin?

Cosmic Suicide Jesus, Officially Special Snowflake with the greatest Keikaku ability of the MU

>greatest Keikaku ability
I'd give that to Panther desu.
The comics keep telling me Adam's a schemer but don't show me. Only example I can even recall is drawing up the battle-plan in Infinity Gauntlet. Which didn't even work.

>The origin is the only definitive Doctor Strange story that sets the tone for his series.

>They don't even think the Mandarin twist was a mistake
Why would they, when Iron Man 3 made 1.3 billion at the box office? The people who read comics and know who Mandarin is (or even care about him) are a minuscule part of the audience.

The movie writers certainly didn't.

Is that a "no" then?
Well it's the origin movie.
If it's still too Iron Manny for you by the sequel fair enough.

Yes I have actually...quite a bit, & unlike the movie it didn't have concepts cribbed from Harry Potter & the Matrix. The Ancient One was a kind wise sage. Mordo was an evil bastard not some mopey 'the bill comes due' faggot. Dr. Strange was smarter than his cape (which was cribbed from Disney's Alladdin) that he didn't even get until he defeated Dormammu the first time. Most of all? Dr. Strange didn't have a photographic memory...he had to fucking BUST HIS ASS FOR 12 YEARS under the Ancient One.

But this isn't a Dr. Strange thread so I'll leave it.

isn't Pip already confirmed for at least one movie? Characterfags, calm yourselves, they're prob just keeping mum because they don't want to reveal spoilers.
either that or Ike's going on another Jew rampage

In my defense I don't see what this has to do with Iron Man. I assumed you just meant the origin set-up & arrogant persona, which was all from the source material.
For what it's worth, my take:
>Harry Potter & Matrix were the ones cribbing Doctor Strange
>Swindon Ancient One WAS a kind wise sage, I'm not following your gripe here
>changing Mordo is 100% swings the movie's favour, comic Mordo's one of the most pathetically flat villains in capeshit history
>correction: he always had the Cloak of Levitation. Defeating Dormammu earned him a second snazzier Cloak with the iconic pronged collar. Which he DOESN'T wear in the movie, just the simpler novice one as befitting a beginner. Great attention to detail on the director's part desu.
The ass-busting I'll happily give you, they should have set it much earlier in the MCU timeline. No reason they couldn't have. I only consider it a nitpick though.

Credit due for not bitching about Dormammu looking like old Ditko Dormammu instead of MvC, you know your shit. I'm guessing the Cloak thing just slipped your mind.

If you wanna bant more after all thread's dead, I don't think anyone'll mind. Or we could make our own.

I dont even remember there being a cocoon in the first movie.

Give me titles mate.