Are you guys ready for Nickelodeon's next big hit?

Are you guys ready for Nickelodeon's next big hit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tos2YiS5y9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ediuhH0pP9o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is it that with each passing year each of the big three cartoon channels continue to release shows whose '(Cal)Art Styles' continue to devolve into think-lined, meme monstrosities? Seriously, Adventure Time/Flapjack/ect. was the Catalyst around 2008-2010, after that it only begrudgingly got worse.

an ero rises

More like Pinky in My Stinky

Nickelodeon for the past 10 years has had poor judgement on what shows to greenlight. They've had maybe 4 shows worth watching in that entire time.

I also think that they think if they keep greenlighting shows with characters who have personalities similar to Spongebob, they'll get their next Spongebob. Even though they already have Loud House, I guess they gotta get greedy and expect that blow up to happen again.

Damn, this is from 2011
youtube.com/watch?v=Tos2YiS5y9Y

>Short/Pilot main character looks unique and fun
>show gets picked up
>redesign is hot CalArts garbage

Like clockwork.

>Another fucking le random show on nick

Fucking gave up on the channel

It looks like some kind of Gumball X Breadwinners hybrid. Is this what happens when Nicole and SwaySway run out of ideas for sex toys?

"CalArts style" is used to save money on animation. The reason why they need to save money is because nobody watches TV anymore so there isn't as big as a budget as there used to be. That's why animation is dying in general except for the Japs

Why didn't they just reboot Wacky Deli?

>tv animation cannot be fully realized again because more money is needed
>web animation cannot be fully realized because money is needed
I'm really curious if there's ever going to be a turning point of change or if things are still stuck like this long after we die.

Netflix puts bank behind animation. Just prove it deserves attention and they'll go for it.

One that Cartoon Network passed on. So the inverse of normal trends.

>Cancel Harvey Beaks
>Greenlight this

They passed up Adventure Time because it was too random

The fuck is with all these food characters recently? Pickle and Peanut, pple and Onion, the peanut from Bottom's Butte, the Banana in PigGoatBananaCricket, this thing, and probably a bunch I'm forgetting. Is it supposed to be funny or something?

The style is easily replicable by a group of generally outsourced animators to produce content quickly and at a relatively high visual quality for the time invested.

Budgets have not changed that much, though. Like sure, we're not getting shows with $1 mil budgets anymore, but those were rare occasions. Harvey Beaks budget was $300k for an 11-minute episode. Anime budgets are like, 1/4th that per half hour episode.

Even if you just sweep that away as "Japanese slave labor", I refuse to believe the best we can get out of a show with a $300k - $400k budget is Steven Universe (Speaking strictly visually). There's clearly money mismanagement across the entire industry. It's kind of like how Family Guy has a budget of $1 mil but doesn't reflect that because it all goes to overpriced voice actors and licensed music.

Weiners

And greenlit Fanboy and Chum Chum.

Remember, they only cancelled Harvey because it wasn't making SpongeBob ratings.

Since Bryke fucked over their own universe & Nickelodeon couldn't bother with Miraculous Ladybug, the only program of interest is The Jungle Movie, but Nick will surely fuck it over as well.

Introducing, a potential cartoon.

Yea pretty much this. This is also what teach now in college animation, I was pretty much bullied off my art style and was told to turn it down becuase it would be too expensive etc.

the most triggering thing here is that font

i dont trust you satan.

It was Gumball's brother. The show came out of Cartoon Network Development Studio Europe, which is where Gumball was born.

Cartoon Network didn't pick it up. Years later, Nickelodeon did.

oh hey look this short was on CN.

I wonder why it being on Nick later means a different artstyle.

I'm much more excited for Welcome to the Wayne than whatever the hell Pinky Malinky's supposed to be.

The backgrounds still look great, but why did they have to ruin the character design style of the show?

Pic is from an early version between and the final show: youtube.com/watch?v=ediuhH0pP9o

>not next big weiner

You missed a golden opportunity, OP, you cock munching faggot.

Danny Hynes left Steven Universe for this

Sounds like an upgrade.