Cartoons that contradict their message at the end

never understood the end of beauty and beast the who underling message was its what in your heart not the out appearance that matters. but right at the end he turns in to a handsome prince.
are there any other animate films or movies that do this?

You're just stupid. He was always a handsome prince. He was just cursed to look like a beast for pissing off the enchantress. The whole point of the movie was to lift the curse by overcoming his outer appearance. Stop trying to foist your lack of comprehension on the writing of the movie.

still better if he stayed the beast

go watch shrek

The movie Strange Magic is basically Beauty and the Beast if Beast stayed ugly, but you'll have to stomach all the songs the characters sing, horribly I might add.

It's not even that a bad a movie if they got rid of all the spontaneous musical shit. Be better if they used all the time they did for songs instead of character/scene development.

Frozen

>Gaston thinks he's hot shit and tries to control Belle. Treats her like an object and abuses her dad. Belle hates him.
>The Beast thinks he's shot and tries to control Belle. Treats her like an object and abuses her dad. Belle loves him.

*hot shit

The difference is Gaston didn't lock Belle up until the end of the story, so the Stockholm Syndrome didn't kick in in time. Beast did it first thing and had a castle full of books and shit as well.

Beast has good in his heart and Belle notices it and helps bring it out.

Gaston is an arrogant, self absorbed piece of shit who could have literally have any girl in town, but is obsessed with the one girl who doesn't want him.

No, instead he bribed the head of the insane asylum to come and take her father away as a means to hold Belle captive emotionally.

Belle gave Beast a chanche.
If she had given the same chanche to Gaston, maybe he'd have trasnformed in a decent guy.
>inb4 furryfags try to defend Beast the Neckbeard Abuser

Remember, all fairies and witches should be killed because they are the root of nearly all problems in stories like this.

Can we all just agree that this is the disney movie with the absolute WORST color direction?

Why? What's wrong? Do you hate blue & gold?

Well I believe in the original grimms fairytale beast dies by the hands of the angry mob but Beauty still says she loves him

So blame Disney in thinking that only beautiful people get to be happy

Idk if parents would be OK with, there would be a rise in bestiality fetishes among chidren who watched it

I kind of liked the concept that in fairy culture, they are constantly expressing themselves through song. That was a potentially nice touch to the lore that actually fits with some real folklore. I just wish they didn't choose cringey dad rock as the genre. Though I guess sticking to safe classics probably worked better for them than if they'd had original songs that were shit in that quantity.

It's not Grimm. It's Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont (though preceded by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve). Whereas the Grimms wrote a bunch of short stories largely adapted from oral tradition folk tales among peasants, Beauty and the Beast is an example of a novella (later shortened) written by bored french aristocratic women that used inspiration from fairy tales and mythology for them to pass around to other bored french aristocracy because that shit was trendy, especially ever since the Arabian Nights hit the scene and became the biggest meme of its day. It's kind of the equivalent of the modern romance novel.

Beauty and the Beast in particular is a morality tale writtten for rich women who would almost invariably be married off to strangers at some point in their lives, designed to soothe their anxiety by reasoning that maybe they'll get lucky and be stuck with a dude that seems gross at first, but actually turns out to be a pretty cool guy.

Him turning hansom is symbolic, but is also some fanservice because much of the target audience wouldn't be able to get why it'd be so great if Beauty stayed with an ugly beast, so they needed him to transform into a literally beautiful person for it to come off as a truly happy ending. It's also a recurring common motif in fairy tales, so it's practically expected for him to transform.

I haven't read the very first original version in french, but I'm pretty sure in the most popular classic version, Beast starts to die not because he's been beaten by a mob, but because Beauty didn't come home when she promised she would and he begins to die from "sadness."

it's not bestiality if they're sentient, user. that's xenophilia.

BATB sucks

Princess and the Frog had contradicting messages all over the place.

Really? I thought it was pretty straightforward

>don't work all the time and waste your life away like a stick in the mud, you have to live a little too!
>BUUT, also don't play all the time and never work, or you'll wind up with nothing
>you have to work hard to achieve your practical goals
>BUT also still have Dreams and Wishes
>however, rich privileged people will always be at an advantage just out of luck, that's something you just have to deal with, and it's okay to get their support, I guess?

I dunno, I guess the major problems come from over thinking and can be summed up with "all things in moderation," but they sure did try to shove a lot of stuff in for a movie for children and I don't think all of it came together quite perfectly.

Often a kid's movie will have multiple characters whose individual stories echo a clear main theme, but until you have to read deeper into it, PatF's characters look like they're all going different places.

>could of had a movie delving into voodoo myths and such
>could of been set in early 1900 New Orleans
instead we get frogs and a shitty swamp for the majority of the movie