Would Thor work in the DC universe?

Would Thor work in the DC universe?

I think out of all most popular Marvel characters, he's the most likely to work there.

They don't need jobbers

Not Spider-Man?

What makes you think Spider-Man would fit in the DC world?

He and his cast of characters seem like they would be a good fit in DC. Why wouldn't he be?

They don't feel DC enough.

>They don't feel DC enough.
How do you figure? Spidey has had plenty of stuff happen to him that could be easily explained in the DC universe, a number of his villains would be good additions as well. I see him being in the Titans age bracket rather than a founding jl member.

DC will turn him into male wonder woman

Doesn't keep them from having more than enough

Silver Surfer would also fit in nicely.

Sure

If the annual income's good and there's a good medicare plan Thor might work there.

He'd be worse off himself, from my understanding.
DC Gods are made out of imagination & belief. Marvel Gods are made of cosmic detritus that was then MOULDED by imagination & belief. They have a basic substrate that physically exists, so once they have form they keep it. Forever, usually. Outliving the mortal races that shaped them. DC Gods aren't so substantial, mortal worship is their very being so when it stops they start to wither away. Hence why the Olympians stuck around; Themyscira's kept them healthy over the centuries.

That said DC's dynamic cosmology makes it alot more mercurial & ever-shifting. My references might not be canon anymore, if they ever were in the first place. And I'm pretty sure "New Gods" are an exception to the rule, unlike Thor they stayed pure Kirby: ambiguously alien.

>if thor was a dc character he'd still have his hammer, have a sidekick, thor corps, etc.

>have a sidekick
Maybe his goat would come up more often.
>thor corps
Isn't that already a thing?

JSA. All-Stars. Thor was done in DC, red beard, angry war god deal. Done right.

Other flying Brick Heroes that are edging into Suprman's shtick are usually tossed down into third rate hell, only to appear in the backgrounds of large ensemble pages within events.

Icon, Captain Marvel, even Orion most of the time....we rarely see them shine.

It was an early 90's concept with Thor, Masterson, and a future Thor.

But Marvel already has/had a lot of Thors anyway. With Bill, Thor Girl, Whor, Thunderstrike, Red Norvell, They have that down.

But I can see classic 60's Thor working out really well in DC due to the sillyness. I imagine he would keep his 60 second away from his hammer weakness a lot longer. And Loki would still have his weakness to water from the early days too.

Loki would be a fairly effective JLA villain too. Highly intelligent magic deity joker that is still on a physical level with Aquaman.

It was a miniseries. Of the 3 constituents one's dead and one's from an obscure future.
Also he had a steereotypical sidekick. Thor Girl.

Icon is Milestone tho is he not?

>due to the sillyness
niggas don't know

Why isn't Thorgirl a thing anymore?

Thor did just as many insane ridiculous things by spinning the hammer around as 60's Superman did by spinning himself around.

Create negative matter, travel through time, close black holes, change the color of someone's clothes, it never mattered.

Of all people I think Daredevil fits best. He could live in the Cauldron and while it doesn't fit as perfectly as Hell's Kitchen, DD is an incredibly strongly symbolic character with a strong moral center.

Wouldn't he just be another Bat-Family grim urban crimefighter?

I'd use him to flesh out DC's Cosmic arena. Give more spotlight on their space heroes and villains.

In particular, I think Mongul would be a great villain for Thor, always wanting to make him his top gladiator and throwing various other powerful alien warriors at him.

Lobo would be a great rival, since he's got qualities Thor would admire, like his fortitude and his personal honor code, but at the same time would be disgusted by his general savagery and disrespectful attitude. I can see them being drinking buddies after a fashion.

Rounding things out, I'd hook him up with Maxima. Thor would certainly be more Maxima's speed, being a warrior and a prince, and while he'd certainly respect and likely be attracted to her power and warrior skill, he would find her arrogance off-putting, since he had the same problem himself. I could see him influencing her to be more honorable and compassionate, while at the same time not being unwilling to give her the dick.

Him butting heads with Orion and slugging it out with Kalibak would be good, old-school space mythology fun, and I'd love to hear him weigh in on Darkseid's tyranny, something along the lines of, "Dark one, you rule in blood and fire, but thy reign shall end in thunder!"