Now that its been a few weeks since the Blu-ray release, did season 3 top the prior two seasons of Twin Peaks for you...

Now that its been a few weeks since the Blu-ray release, did season 3 top the prior two seasons of Twin Peaks for you? How would you rank S1-3 and FWWM overall?

3>2 (last couple episodes)>1>2 (first half)>FWWM>2 (second half)

FWWM>S1>S3>S2

“We have descended from pure air”

FWWM > S2 finale > S3 > S1 > S2.
Of course, it was so different to S1 / S2 that it's not fair to make a comparison. I still prefer FWWM to it, but that's just because FWWM was tighter and more cohesive - S3 feels like a bunch of brief Lynch skits edited together rather than a conventional story, which is both its strength and weakness. In terms of themes and symbolism S3 is defintely right up there with FWWM though, and its ending puts FWWM's to shame.

This. FWWM is my favorite, it’s a goddamn shame we didn’t get more Kyle MacLachlan and Sheryl Lee together in season 3, they’re my favorite actors

"from pure air we have descended", actually.

Thanks for the correction, friendo.

3 > FWWM > 2 > 1

Can we talk about the meaning behind Season 3? Especially relating to "the white of the eyse". Was S3's meaning mainly about society turning a blind eye to sexual abuse? What do you make about the ending, of how Laura's suffering was erased and forgotten?

Fire Walk with Me blows everything else Twin Peaks out of the water. It's literally perfect, as were most of his late 80s, early 90s movies. Blue Velvet and Wild at Heart are the only other two movies that are close to as good, Eraserhead is not far behind, Lost Highway is further behind, and then finally trash like Mulholland Drive.

FWWM is not perfect (mainly because of the truncated FBI subplot). I wouldn't classify Mulholland Drive as trash either, in terms of visuals and atmosphere I found it quite similar to Twin Peaks. Stop being an edgy contrarian.

I believe the answer is in Eraserhead. Eraserhead was the first film Lynch ever created. In many respects, he may feel as though Season 3 is the last thing he will ever create, so he has connected the two.

For example, they both have pictures of nuclear explosions. They both use similar techniques of incredibly long, uncomfortable shots, of characters in awkward, tense silence. And they both repeatedly use the symbol of electricity.

The ending of both is very similar as well, with a male and female character coming together in some kind of purgatory, and then the "electricity" and then both films suddenly end. The feeling is the "shock", Lynch is attempting to assault the viewer through the medium, connected through the electricity. I'm not sure what it all means, but God is often connected to lightning as well.

Fuck off soyboy, I'll say whatever I want. I've seen all his movies, you haven't. Go watch them all, then get back to me. Until then, Mulholland Drive is trash, plain and simple.

>it's literally perfect

AYUDAMAN

It was good but FWWM is still best because Sheryl Lee and Ray Wise are leagues above the rest of the cast

Depends on what you're looking for: Fire Walk With Me and Season 3 have some of the most terrorific things Lynch has filmed, and handle concepts in such a direct and unfiltered manner, eliminating all that was mythical, magical or dreamy about the first seasons while pushing high fantasy at times.

They are the work of a free man that doesn't give a shit anymore about the boundaries of narrative and talks in pure images, and isn't afraid to dismiss almost everything about his earlier work. There is some charm and historical significance to the first seasons, but S3 clearly overrides it.

>season one last
You wot

It's the weakest part of TP

The only Lynch movie I haven't seen is Dune and The Alphabet. I've seen all his other crap (including shorts). Mulholland Drive is great in my opinion. It's what Eyes Wide Shut could have been.

It's also the purest, and closest to perfection. It hints at what the show could have been if it didn't go off the rails. S3 and FWWM all exist because the show went off the rails in S2.

which is why S1 is the worst

Well, what is best about the original run is in the second season (hospital scenes, Bob's development, everything about Maddy, ending sequence overall). It also has the most unredeemable things, but those should be separated from it.

>everything with Maddy
Good taste

I mean, Sheryl Lee is a ridiculous actress. Her screen presence is just overwhelming.

There's enough material in S2 to make a fanedit that excludes all the garbage. OK, maybe Windom Earle isn't the best villain, but there's a lot of superficial stuff in there too which can be cut out easily.

I actually like Windom Earle even if his overly flowery Mark Frost dialogue is a bit annoying

ernie niles > s3

I wish they just started kissing

but Maddy Ferguson is PURE!

black granny behind Ray there

fear opens the black lodge
the whites of the eyes are pronounced when the eyes are wide in fear.
the horse itself is seen by people in distress as a symbol of fear and the lodge opening
thats what i make of it anyways

I watched all of it over the last couple of weeks and I agree with That episode in season 2 directed by Diane Keaton was terrible though

What I took from the ending was a women's mother does the most psychological damage to her, more so than any man ever could

>That episode in season 2 directed by Diane Keaton was terrible though
Come on man, don't you like DISSOLVES?

>What I took from the ending was a women's mother does the most psychological damage to her, more so than any man ever could
But what about the atomic bomb?? I took it as Judy (the extreme negative force), BOB and the other lodge spirits were unleashed upon the world due to the sins of humankind.

Oh I got that but I feel there were themes running on a macro and micro level, one overarching everything and others on a more personal note

Wish I didn't miss all threads now