Is this a joke?

Is this a joke?

Are Disney and Kathleen Kennedy this clueless?

SJWs always double down.

Always

Only an SJW would deal in absolutes

This. Idk what it is but they always do

It took WB multiple failures before they finally got rid of Zack Snyder. Producers and executives are stupid as fuck and it takes them making the same mistake multiple times before they ever learn a lesson.

At least he's more in his element. I think what we learned is that he feels limited by the premise set by other people, he'll just smash it down. Expect tone even further separated from what is expected of Star Wars but a much more coherent, possibly even competent plot.

Not that I have much skin in the game at this point. I've jumped off Mr. Mouse's wild ride, and I'm not dumb enough to hop back on.

Disney must be legit retarded. Marvel's success looks like a complete fluke now.

I hope that Rian's original Star Wars movie is the most convoluted SJW garbage in movie history. And then when no-one goes to watch it we get to watch Disney's people have a meltdown. I want the Star Wars equivalent of America Chavez. The mainstream needs to see just how low SJWs are capable of stooping.

Three more Rian Johnson Star Wars films. Three more Billion dollar movies.

What about Episode IX. That hasn’t even started filming and I don’t even know if JJ has a finished script yet. You think they would wait for TLJ to finish its run and accessing the damage (and their was) before continuing.

Getting rid of Snyder killed JL though. They literally spent marketing money on the reshoots.

Mouse detected

Butt hurt detected.

>Rian is SJW
Is that why the story boils down to Luke being a fucking badass saving everyone in the end? JJ was the original SJW and Rian had to write his way around that.

Scotfag here. When it comes out look for me in the background pulling an "ok" hand signal.

They're lucky they had Feige in charge - dude probably had the first two phases planned out after Iron Man.

No, when Ghostbusters failed they also said they were going ahead with the sequel only days after the release. It's just a PR move to boost confidence.

Fuck off Rian.

Disney and Kennedy are crazy or they think the rest of the world is crazy.

That's because Marvel is like a factory that hires directors to be the bitch boys to Feige and just do whatever he tells them to.

If you prefer that style of films, then good for you. Just so you know that makes you massive cocksucker.

He always had an idea of where the endpoint was. He also left room to change the movies as needed to deal with things audiences didn't like. He has done extremely well considering the quality of other hands-on producers. I wonder if he will leave Marvel at some point.

>implying TLJ isn't the brain child of Kathleen Kenedy
I'm not seeing your point.

No this is what libs/commies do when they are approached about their bullshit. They double down on their shit and rub it in your face.

So they're filming in Glencoe. Probably the same valley from Skyfall

>Scotland
I could find the set and take pictures of you guys want (t. scotanon)

How much would TLJ have to underperform for Rian's trilogy to get canceled? Would it have to make "only" $1.5 billion? 1.4? 1.3?

/your faggot revolution

Will Sup Forums ever get sick of being btfo?

It isn't. You can just look up interviews with Rian and he is very open about his creative decisions and how he took them. Compare to any faceless Marvel director who just vanishes in a sea of marketing and then for the sequel everyone forgets who he even was because his impact was so minimal. Gunn is an exception.

>Disney could've put Lucas in overall Feige-style charge of the universe, which he's great at, with actual screenwriters delivering the scripts, which he's shit at
>instead muh diversity stronk womyn MORE QUIPS, shitting all over the franchise

We could've had the best of both worlds

Didn’t Snyder leave voluntarily?

No they killed his daughter and made it look like an accident.

>thinking Rian isn't KK bitchboi #1
Yeah fuck off nigger.

This could've worked but the thing is that George is at his core extremely creative. And then you have individual directors who are also extremely creative. And this combination of people is just asking for trouble. Sometimes it's even advantageous to have someone half useless at the top so the directors and writers can do their jobs in peace. But of course you still need someone to make sure it all works in the Universe too. I think Kasdan is the one who LucasArts uses for that. Not sure.

It was approved before TLJ hit theaters. There is a chance with the backlash being this strong and about half the fanbase hating it that he might get pulled off it. But it's not much of a chance.

Maybe if sw fans got some kind of boycott going if he is involved.

Yes, but WB recently announced that he won't be directing any more DC movies, so he's effectively fired.

All Disney understands is money. If TLJ underperforms to a REALLY bad extent, Rian's trilogy will be canceled, but that's the only thing that could make it happen.

>I think Kasdan is the one who LucasArts uses for that.

It sure as fuck isn't working

Hamill's sadness at what they did to his character is just heartbreaking

It'll just be more human shit with a droid or two scattered in there. There'll be very little or no aliens especially as main characters because unimaginative xenophobic fucks don't think the general public could handle a rodian or ithorian main character

What's TLJ's final numbers again? Good, but disappointing for a SW movie?

Oh fuck they can't trace me, can they?

>shooting in June
They have no script and aren't even in pre production. I doubt it's a new star wars movie.

Much rather have any star wars alien than a nig.

No, but disney can

Looks like it'll leave about $600 million on the table vs TFA. More terrifying is the 60% drop in merch sales.

Why would anyone pay money to see anything Star Wars related from the team that destroyed Star Wars? How much money do they need to lose before they realise that giving this to Johnson will only damage the brand and future revenue.

No way it's the trilogy and there is no confirmation online.
Episode IX is supposed to start filming this summer, it's most likely this. JJ has been working on it for at least 3 months.
Rian's movie is only in preproduction and I doubt they have a script. This kind of shit takes at least a year of preparation.

He just lucked out with Iron Man
If the force awakens was that good than Star Wars would be doing a lot better
>but Marvels master plan
It was just a dumb post credit scene about a purple space grapefruit showing up every other movie

Tell that to the Solo production team.

The films were just trailers for the toys before TLJ. Seems as though Rian has managed to fuck that up

Who is America Chavez?

60% drop off in merch? How could that have happened?

Maria Suarez

Please the trikogy was a bribe for Tanking his career on the Last Jedi.

This was to oust Kathleen. She will be gone and he will get his trilogy.

Why don't they take a year or two to write before they start filming before this trilogy is even finished?

Yikes

Would've been good. George has always been a visionary and great ideas man. He just needs someone to refine those ideas. George overseeing the Star Wars universe, with Kathleen Kennedy worrying only about money and getting him what he needed, along with a decent team of writers and directors would have been wonderful.
Sad we'll never get it.

...so, another Rey?

Episdode IX is shooting in Scottland you retards, it's way too early for Johnson to start shooting.

If you track down this nonsense to the original article it only says that a Star Wars production is scouting locations, so it's obviously IX since that's the next film in line

What, you mean you don't want to buy a Porg after they appear on screen for a few Marvel-tier gags?

You don't want a First Order BB8 after they showed it in all their marketing materials and then it only appears for a couple minutes and does nothing?

You don't want to spend $60 on recycled ship designs with different paint colors instead of a video game?

I've seen final gross reports from TFA that range from an even $2 billion to up to $2.2 billion. If we assume that TLJ only makes it to $1.4 billion, it's possible that it's going to lose a minimum of $600 million compared to TFA, and a maximum of $800 million, which would be quite a thumping.

"Business as usual" corporate smokescreen to soothe the investors. These shoots will never happen, or are second unit setups for Episode IX. Dead giveaway is that Johnson admittedly has no story ready, and Kenobi is next on the roster...why move into a new trilogy at this point.

Disney will wait until Solo's release to dump Kennedy and put this trilogy on hold.

Who are the top candidates to replace her?

I buy toys all the time from Star Wars. What the fuck would I buy from this movie? All the old characters from the previous one, or the ugly ass SJW bullshit ones from this movie? Hell, even the "cool" bad guys are worthless, meaningless trash that will have no bearing in the future and jobbed hardcore (Snoke and his guard). They managed to unmerchandise Star Wars, which is crazy because I bought Rogue One toys and plenty of shit from the Prequels.

I hope Filoni

>I buy toys all the time from Star Wars

Can someone redpill me on how kasdan is a hack

I've seen some old interviews where amazingly kasdan is the retard and george is the voice of reason

Fant4stic and Terminator Genisys did this also

A bull-dyke Latin-"X" illegal alien from outer space. She was supposed to be one of Marvel's new flagship superheroes but unsurprisingly no-one bought her book.

I hear Elsewhere In The Country, Scotland is beautiful this time of year

They have to keep him otherwise people will realize he Russian and alt-right stories are bullshit lol

did you post in the wrong thread

Eatshiters are gonna eatshit.

Fiege actually likes comics, the only people with creative input to Star Wars now who actually like it are Filoni and Hidalgo.

>billion dollar movie is a failure

Nope, not get rid of him sooner killed JL. Let's not forget the real reason he was let go was due to his daughter suicide.

Lel, is that the one that cost 20$?

What is context you fucking retard.

It's mainline Star Wars a cultural phenomenon.
It's a sequel to a 2.1 billion dollar movie.
It just blew Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia away, so they're not gonna have OT cast returning.

It's gonna make 800 billion dollar less than TFA. That is a disaster for any sequel. It will make less than Age of Ultron or Jurassic World

new version of captain america, but its a WOMAN and shes LATINX and a LESBIAN and the super villians are people with centre right political views and all her friends are an assortment of POC faggots. she also says stuff like "by my menstrual cycle!"

>she also says stuff like "by my menstrual cycle!"
This is amazing. And they're seriously expecting people to like her?

Man, shut the fuck up. He's sharing relevant input.

Its close to making a billion dollars, what the fans say about the movie matters far less than the money they paid to see it

they're going to teach everyone a lesson!

Totally agree. You can see that he actually cares for the property that he is adapting and isn't trying to use some popular ip to push his own agenda like what kathleey kennedy is doing.

>Nope, not get rid of him sooner killed JL.

>JL needed more Whedon

gr8 b8 m8

Yes he's even more SJW than JJ and that is fucking much, not get out with the shilling

>DCcucks are still mad

>It's gonna make 800 billion dollar less than TFA.

You can't be this stupid.

The point is Justice League wouldn't have been a clusterfuck if Batman v Superman hadn't been such a colossal failure. Snyder crashed the DCEU with no survivors. I agree that Whedon is a hack who turned JL into an inconsistent mess but I doubt the Snyder cut is much better.

>W-we're super c-confident with the d-direction we're heading!!

>Is that why the story boils down to Luke being a fucking badass saving everyone in the end?

>Luke is just a diversion
>Mary Sue casually lifts an entire fucking avalanche to rescue the rebels
>Luke lifted like 3 rocks in 2nd movie of the OT
>shills are now trying to un-cuck Jake Skywalker as much as possible

>billion dollar movie is a failure

It's not a failure, it's also not the success (((Disney))) was expecting.

Worse though is that a LOT of the people who actually went and saw it didn't like it, this means that the interest in Star Wars goes down and lowers the value of the brand.

And since Disney continues pumping out Star Wars based content, with what seems like a really shitty Solo movie this year, the IP value will be further diluted.

>SJWs always double down
always

You posting here literally proves your own statement wrong.

Kathleen Kennedy is a train wreck.

She'll probably fire him halfway through his own trilogy and hire Joe Johnston to finish it.

One possible positive - working from his own ideas AND NOT having to use a J.J. mystery box to jump off might help his writing.

Unlikely given how bad it was on it's own merits, but still.

Uh, user, they're going to be 1.5 billion dollar films...r-right?

>terrifying

This is a GOOD thing. I'm tired of seeing star wars shit all over the place. They can make as many fucking movies as they want and I won't care, but if sales on affiliated star wars crap go down and it makes them scale back on the merchandising it'll improve everyone's lives.

See pic related, I can't even buy fucking ORANGES at the grocery store without having it shoved in my face. No wonder sales on crap is down, you oversaturate people with it and they're going to develop a natural aversion.

>centre right politics
You mean the Democrat Party?

>She'll probably fire him halfway through his own trilogy

Kennedy's the one on the chopping block...Johnson was just her cuck of choice. TLJ was absolutely ruined by her and her "Force is Female" coven of handpicked executives Johnson had to routinely report in to with plot updates.

TLJ will finish a little north of $1.2 billion, but as far as Disney is concerned, she STOLE over $600 million from them in potential revenues...they're on the record as expecting $1.9 billion. And you NEVER fuck with Disney's fanbase for any property...that's been true for over half a century.

What is she doing with a gun? I thought she was anti gun