They say that this is the best Irish cartoon

They say that this is the best Irish cartoon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eNxVrUsUgms
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fishy fishy

They do do they?

Is it any good?

Stop being a fucking lardass, Mossy!
Reeeeeeeee

I really enjoy it. Its a young kids show, but it's not offensive about it. Visually, it's really a joy to watch. I think most of the reason I like it is because my daughter is 10 and my son is 2, and the Oona/Baba dynamic reminds me of them.

Fuck Mossy and fuck seagulls.

Your kids must be saints if they're as good to eachother as Baba and Oona.

>remember, kids, all animals are beautiful in their own way and have a special place in the ecosystem, even opportunistic predators like foxes!
>oh, except seagulls. Seagulls are the garbage of the sky and you should hate them because they are pure evil

What did they mean by this?

I'm still weirded out that Baba is a boy.

Is it the eyes?

Yeah, all puffins have those eyes

Well, it's true. Seagulls are sky trash.

The eyes do look like eyelashes but his voice is also really girly, even for a baby. And Baba seems like a girly name- I associate it with grandmothers. Just seems an odd choice for him to be a boy when he's at best extremely androgynous. Would have been easier if he were just a girl, I think. But I guess it's a little bit of a reassuring sort of message to send to kids that it doesn't even matter that the baby boy is a little girlish.

It's kind of too bad english forces you to pick a pronoun in order to not sound completely clumsy, because Baba would have actually made a pretty good ambiguously gendered character.

compared to what, the other zero irish cartoons?

he's right you know?

The only other ones I can think of are Punky and that one with the rapping foxes.

my nephew really loves this show
he still think they're penguins

It just rubs me the wrong way when a cartoon decides to shit on just one singular specific species because they make a convenient scapegoat. If a show wants to have its animal characters need to avoid and ally against all the various species that want to kill them, that's fine. If a cartoon wants to be all "circle of life" and recognize that some animals eat other animals but it's not personal, it doesn't make them evil and they're all good for something, that's fine. Heck, if they want to go with "this is just a fantasy anyway so all of our characters can just be friends even though it makes no zoological sense," I can go with that. But you can't really do all three, and it's just lazy to me to see them go "everyone is good except this ONE group, who we all are going to get together to strongly hate and are they are clearly all jerks for no discernible reason, and we know exactly who they are because they're the white birds with the yellow beaks." It's just an easy, shallow way of writing up conflict instead of putting in more effort. And I kind of think it's not cool to put in certain children's media because it reinforces the concept of prejudice against groups and presents it as being okay.

>penguins

I don't get little kids sometimes. They say the word "puffins" about twenty times per five minute episode.

Puffins are Irish?
when did that happen?

Always? Where did you think they lived?

Fuck off, seagull.

Does the Puffin have Down's Syndrome?

>that one with the rapping foxes

Found it

youtube.com/watch?v=eNxVrUsUgms

>funky foxes, gonna rock this

Wait a minute. Wasn't there a version where they said "madra rua, comin to ya"? Or something like that? I distinctly remember madra rua being a part of it because I had to look up what that meant.

SQUAAAWWWK?

that ain't even a cartoon, it got canned forever

Did it? That's too bad, I kind of wanted to see their take on educating children about other urban animals. Oh well, it's not like they were gonna top the fox chicks anyway.