Why are we ok with false advertisting?

Why are we ok with false advertisting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rcjpags7JT8&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why are we okay with false flagging?

Yeah. That was fucking shitty on their part.

Remember when pic related NEVER happened?
It's almost like they drew everyone in on the pretense this would be a gritty, dark series with lots of action and gave us the ol bait and switch

Jesus, those fucking assholes... I had forgotten about this one.

That did happen, though? Fucking Christ, this just makes me believe people who bitch about the show don't even watch it and it's all just second hand shitposting.

Promo art is just that, promotional material meant to hype up a release.

>hmm I want to bitch about Samurai Jack
>should I post in one of the existing 33 threads?
>or should I create a 34th thread?
>hmm
>hmmmmmmmmmm

this was when Scotsman invaded Aku's tower with his armies.

>bring back one of my favorite shows just to show him get with some thot and fail to kill aku again due to being a giant pussy

wew

literally a promo picture probably made before they even started storyboarding the new season

>Promo art is just that, promotional material meant to hype up a release
Right, because outright lying is considered okay because it's for hyping stuff.

Guess what, it really changed the perception of people who waited for this season. I couldn't for the scene to appear in the actual show and it's nowhere even close to what we've got. Good job on being a mindless drone.

This season is a fucking mistake.

it's funny because he would never be in punished mode with the sword

yeah, this was a damn shame

I was expecting for more blood and death beyond episode 3. What we got wasn't so bad, though.

That was the part that made me realize it's going to be more complex. But I guess it's still for kids :^)

Jack doesn't even cut anybody with his sword, it's disgusting that we got such a bad imitation of what could have been

>JACK WAS NEVER SIMULTANEOUSLY HOLDING HIS SWORD WHILE HE WAS IN HIS UNDERWEAR AND COVERED IN BLOOD WHILE IT WAS RAINING AND SONICS ARMS AREN'T BLUE REEEEEE

It's about Jack getting darker while being a samurai we all know and love. You are pretty stupid if this was so hard to understand for you.

>why is it not edgy

But it did get darker and more violent just like the poster implied.

Okay, give me a scene where Jack cuts enemies with his sword and is covered with blood.

>Right, because outright lying is considered okay because it's for hyping stuff.
They never told you this was 100% going to happen, though. It's literally just a still image of Jack holding a sword for as I said, promotional material.
> I couldn't for the scene to appear in the actual show and it's nowhere even close to what we've got.
Episode 2 and 3, just without the sword and snow instead of rain.

>and fail to kill aku again due to being a giant pussy
>Jack acting like himself is bad now

>It's about Jack getting darker while being a samurai we all know and love.
Are you retarded? The entire point of Punished Jack was that it wasn't the same Jack we knew from before. He was colder, meaner, and without hope. The entire point of the series was him gaining back his old self while finally defeating Aku.
The Motherfucker flat out left a village to burn until he couldn't handle his inner demons anymore. The Samurai we all knew and loved would have rushed to it the first moment he saw and smelt smoke.

there you go then, you are sperging out because it didn't happen EXACTLY as the promo hinted just like said

he slashes and kills a lot of women and gets all bloody in episodes 2 and 3

>tfw enjoyed the season beginning to end

Jesus fucking christ, all of you just grow a pair and just stop bitching over the season not being edgy and dark.

The entire point of the show is for Jack to train himself to fight Aku, kill him with his magic katana, jump in aa time portal, and go the fuck back to the past. Doesn't matter how it happens.

Making the season just nothing but fighting, blood, death, violence, and edge with no plot at all was never the point, you faggots just overhyped it where you think that was the only thing that would happen in the season.

Promotional material is to represent what's going to be in the actual thing, this is a fact. Just because a lot of people lie about that shit doesn't make it less true, in fact you are probably used to it to the point that you deny anything because you don't want to feel cheated.

It wasn't stupid to expect for Jack to go full edgelord mode, the whole premise supported that. At this point it feels like a different show. Maybe it is, dunno.

He gets all bloody because he is wounded.

>jump in aa time portal
You shouldn't try to lecture people on what the season is about if YOU didn't understand what it's about.

>grow up and like what I like. Come on guys you're not mature unless you shovel shit down your gullet like me! It's the only way to reach intellectual enlightenment.

Can't wait for this shitshow season to end and for everyone to forget about it. This abomination shouldn't have come out and this is clearly a failure of too big expectations and a creator being a talentless Lucas-tier hack.

Daily reminder there haven't been any fun, interesting, or creative fights since Scaramouche and the Daughters of Aku two months ago.

Hahahahahahaaaaaaa you don't know how promo material works!

>why won't genndy appeal to me and my fanfiction? REEEEEEEEEE his vision sucks.
ITT: OP is a fag, etc.

If you spam your promo shit when it's entirely different from the actual thing, then no, it's not good.

It's like giving Finn a cool sword in a promo poster of a movie then releasing the actual movie without that sword at all. But in this case it's a lot worse, because it has more stuff going with it.

wtf we never see luke pointing a yellow lightsaber up and a giant vader head floating in the sky??

>The Avengers' giant heads never floating around in disbelief in this issue
Wow false advertisement we should sue DC

youtube.com/watch?v=rcjpags7JT8&feature=youtu.be

Just because it's his vision doesn't mean it doesn't fucking suck

There's also never a scene with a hundred X-wings flying over an extremely mountainous Tatooine at night.

>movie poster
>image that looks like a direct screenshot from an episode

Ahhh yes i too struggle with autism

>comparing a movie poster that gives an idea of what is it about
>to the image that looks like it could be in the actual episode

Yes, how dare they not have a scene shot in the shape of a vertical poster with dramatic shading and the series and channel logos?

>I'm more than one person, guys! Really.

Yes, that's why I used the same argument twice, it's clearly one person giving the same thing just for fun.

I don't watch Samurai Jack but seeing everyone butthurt over the new season pleases me
that's what you deserve for shitting up the board with constant threads, now we can make room for worthwhile discussion like SU threads

Samurai Jack S5 is actually the greatest thing to happen to television since Breaking Bad.

Kill yourself, faggot.

weak b8

>pretending to be an outsider to hide your identity as an ashifag and still failing at it

This has to be the most desperate and sad thing I've seen waifufags do yet.

You know what samefagging is, and you refused to refute because you know you can't.

Fucking faglord.

>SONYGGERS BTFO XD
Sup Forums please.

If the only thing you've watched in your life is Breaking Bad and Samurai Jack, then yes, you are right. In every other instance you are a mentally challenged redditor who should go back

Note how they aired this instead of his daughter pushing him in a wheelchair.
They made you think he was motorized, on some form of vehicle.
No one would be watching if they just saw some old fuck getting pushed by a thicc- oh wait nvm the thicc would've brought you idiots into it

I've never seen a person shitting on this season who wasn't too stupid to live. You included.

>why is not like the promo leads you to believe

I've never seen a person enjoying this season who wasn't a mentally crippled manchild. But enjoy this, you don't have much to enjoy anyway.

this

How about releasing promo material of stuff that actually happens?

Oh shit what a difficult refutation really engaged those motor rotors

You really are too stupid to live, with some of the shittiest taste I've ever seen. Now, I told you to kill yourself. Hop to it.

>Can't think of a valid rebuttal
s-samefag!!

>doesn't understand even the most cursory basics of promo material
>"n-no, YOU'RE mentally challenged!!! *shits pants* *drools*

End yourself you unbelievable retard.

>thinking a children's cartoon is the best thing in tv since Breaking Bad
>telling other people to kill themselves

You still haven't fucking explained how a vertically framed poster with a shading style that has never been in the series is something that in any way resembles a screenshot to anyone who isn't a brain-dead mouth-breather. You haven't even ATTEMPTED to.

And I'm objectively correct.

>what is episode 9's ashi?

At least you are proving to me that only autists and total ignorants are the only ones who enjoy this season, thanks.

that wasn't really a good fight dude

>promo image
>false advertising

I sometimes forget how autistic this place can be.

NO U UR AUTISTIC YOU JUST DON'T GET MY ARGUMENT BECAUSE YOU'RE AUTSITIC AND WRONG HA HA I WIN FAGGOT

>promotional image to garner interest
>REEEEEE why isn't this exact shot in the show?
It advertised the tone of the show just fine. Chill out dude.

I think you're mistaken with my intent, I never said the Star Wars poster was a screenshot. I was comparing the poster with what said about it and how quite misleadingly just looks like a screenshot from an SJ episode.

>let's show this image literally everywhere we can to show that Jack is going to kill stuff with his sword
>oops there is nothing like that but at least it looks cool lol

Not true, he killed some worms.

He did though?

But it looks like shit anyway. Why is he diamond shaped? That's a horrible way to stylize shoulders

Have you even seen the series?

He didn't kill a single thing with his sword since he got it back.

What happened in April 1st 2017?

And?

How?

But it's okay when Kojima does it.

>samurai jack
>jack has beard
>jack has sword
>blood is present in show
False what-now?

>we
God, so fucking cringy, don't do that not even as a joke.
Every other faggot is doing this now, it's one of the most ant-anonymous things you can do.
Stop being cancer.

It happened, but it was so much less exciting than anticipated.

>show that Jack is going to kill stuff with his sword
>oops there is nothing like that but at least it looks cool lol

He killed stuff with his sword in episode 8.

He was shown covered in blood and naked with the beard, they just had to show the sword in the promo art so people could find out about the plot point of the sword being missing in the first place by actually watching the show

I could tell he was in a wheelchair immediately.

You're a retard user, your autism is so strong it's like cataracts

If you're seriously this butthurt about the fact that your cartoon samurai is never in his underwear in the rain with his sword then you've got bigger problems to deal with than this

Try being less autistic, and try to realize that dicks and chairs aren't the same thing

this definitely happened senpai

>waa my cartoon from childhood that had a combination of action and comedy isn't completely adult now boo hoo Genndy is a hack

Bugger off and enough with this obnoxious holier than thou posting

he did use a sword to kill one of the daughters of aku though, it was around the same time he got bloody

>viral marketting Flavor of the Month
>stickies every time a new movie trailer comes out
>discussions about the proper way to advertise media
>constant threads hanging on popular industry social media's every feed
Boy did Sup Forums sell out.

A giant Vader head spacestation would be really cool

It was shit like everything else related to Ashi.

Good job missing OP's point.

The promo art isn't being criticized for not matching exactly with an episode in the Season so far, its being called false advertisement because it implies we would get a dark, bloody, and more mature Samurai Jack.

We didn't get any of that. Stop sucking on cocks for five seconds and listen for a change.

Im spinning the frick out of my fidget spinner right now to control myself from cussing you morons out.

>We didn't get any of that.
but we did

did you even watch the episodes?

The image shows the sword, and Jack, drenched in blood.

It's darker but not gritty or grimdark.The covered in blood thing is technically true but it was Jack's blood, everyone thought Jack was going to carve into some poor bastards but we barely got that.

>haha he said penis were big kids now guys!
>censoring Ashi's naked body when the audience are fricken adults
>infantile humour throughout the show
No we didn't. We got family guy levels of violence with similar writing.

Oh, you're just some ashifag looking for fap material, nevermind then.

People that get mad about promo images not actually being in the final product are almost as autistic as people who get mad when a show named after a character also has other characters it focuses on

Thanks for proving you can't challenge anything I said and dismissed me as some waifufag.
You fricken morons are like toddlers can't debate worth crap

What are you talking about? that's the final shot of the show.

>Sup Forums discussing Sup Forums related things is bad
Go back to Sup Forums with your retarded shilling meme.