I'm just gonna leave this here

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HYGR9xMVtPQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

MUH DIVERSITY

>littering
1 day in an iso-cube, creep.

>Marvel, "We're totally gonna change things so all our old readers flock back to us! xd"
They proceed to keep all of their incompetent staff and have two of every character. When will they learn?!

Ah yes, when I think of classic Marvel I think of Moon Girl and Riri.

give me the quick run down

Who the fuck is in the top right corner?

Moon Girl

>only one deadpool.
I was promised two of everyone.
Dropped.

this desu

I really get the feeling they're trying to have their cake and eat it too. That's not going to go well.

how would you like that Mexican dude from Spooder-Man/Deadpoop that looked like Deadpool?

this desu desu

>yfw surprise appearance by Gwenpool

The head of character development and content for Marvel, thinks that all white male characters should be replaced with POC/women/trans etc because a comic book character is more than its personal identity, it is its power set and design and name. those are the really important things. and those things spur all the minorities to run out and buy comics and become new customers.

as you can see, her plan failed. but marvel will continue down this road because she is a mid-30s, single muslim sjw, so they can't fire her or dress her down.

she also supports awful human beings that she's fully aware want sharia law in america, and thinks white people wont exist in the future because they'll be bred out of existence through race mixing and nonwhites having more kids.

I think it could work if it was an actual shake up, but it isn't. It's still the same shitty writers on the same shitty books with the same shitty to non-existent editorial.

It's all so fucking pointless.

>IT'S LIKE DC, BUT OURS IS BETTER.
Nobody gonna comment on this? First time I've seen such a direct diss.

except its a shop

Oh, really? Any cool merchandise? I'd like a coat like Star-Lord's.

although I too would like his coat

kys

The irony.

Jesus I didn't even catch the shoop. I just legit can't see past the fact that they're trying to do their version of Rebirth in the shittiest way possible.

How badly is this going to screw them over, because I don't see this working out at all. Secret Empire isn't doing well for a Marvel event, DC is practically holding the Top 10 with 8 other comics, and the only thing that Marvel has out right now that's above the 100,000's is what, Spider-Man?

There's Star Wars, if that counts

You know it doesn't.

I'm honestly wondering if that's going to be the big announcement they're planning, some crossover with the Star Wars comics that has, for some goddamn reason, Moon Girl and Chewwie teaming up or Princess Leia and Carol complaining about being stronk wimmin.

I'd be really surprised to learn the Disney isn't watching SW closer than the rest of the line. I don't think they'd let it happen, really.

>>Let's remake your favorite heroes but this time just throw darts at a random gender and race board

Claremont introduced entire diverse legacy TEAMS of whos TWICE and made it work.

I really think it all comes down to quality control. You can pick up any Marvel comic published from 66-92 or so and have a very high chance that even if it was not a masterpiece, it wouldn't absolutely suck. The writers were largely solid. Editorial insisted on a three act structure and characters with depth. Art direction made sure that inkers made up for the short comings of pencillers and so on.
Compare what Leifield and Lee did at Marvel to what they did right after if you want to see the difference quality control can make.

>Captain America is black
>Iron Man is black
>Spider-Man is black
>Thor is a woman
>Wolvernine is a woman
>Ms. Marvel is Muslim
>Hulk is Asian

Gee, thanks Marvel, just as I remembered them!

Nothing will change at Marvel til the Staff is cleared out and fully replaced with much better writers. And even that's doubtful with how Gentrified New York's been under Democratic Rule.

>still dedicating half the pic to some rando's hot opinions

a rando who she still retweets to this day, fully aware of that rando's beliefs.

>Dyke Captain Marvel
>Deadpool
>Black Iron Man
>The Hulk
>Mexico Girl
>Evil Captain America
>Spider-Man
>Black, female, little girl Moon Man
>Female Wolverine
>Black Spider-Man
>Iron Man
>Thor
>Captain America
>Female Thor
>Squirrel Girl
>Meme Star Lord
>The Thing
>Black Captain America
>Muslim Captain Marvel
>...Different Hulk?

Quite the roster. I wonder how people would feel if this was the line up for MVCI.

well she has a point about the last one. The white race is dying off aka white genocide. Birthrates are falling dramatically and we get outbreeded by muslims asians blacks and hispanics.

Quick, how are they gonna taint the Fantastic Four with tumblr politics? We all know they're coming back.

one of the main editors of the 80s-mid 90s, wrote the actual handbook (encyclopedia) to the marvel universe for fuck sake, and knew canon backwards and forwards, no one knows or cares about canon today. which means since nothing matters you can write the shittiest stories possible with no oversight.

people to read good stories with interesting characters,not stories and characters that SOLELY exist to push a political agenda.

Invisible Woman is an illegal Mexican and uses her abilities to stay hidden on our side of the border

Human Torch is a woman who gets hotter and combusts the more mad or emotional she is

Mister Fantastic is now the movie reboot version

The Thing wasn't a rock man at all, actually was just a big muslim man with bad acne

Marvel will never have a Rebirth so long as they stay stuck in a timeless never-aging rut where changes don't stick and actions are meaningless.
Not an endorsing the current lineup tho; a lot of those characters were created/promoted in full knowledge that they wouldn't last, and are pretty shitty because of it. Purge the problem, change the environment, detox the writers, THEN start experimenting with permanence.

Excelsior means keep moving forward. Not stand in place for 50 years.

Girl Thing and Johnny married to Crystal are examples of progression gone very wrong, user.

Marrying Alicia I mean it's so horrible I couldn't even think it

You keep it simple but constant everywhere, just believable enough if it was merely one of these things, but knowing Marvel all of these will happen at once:

Invisible Woman will not only become they undisputed team leader, she will have been revealed the real scientist behind a lot of Reed's work.

Valeria will become a full member and they push Human Torch off to keep the number at four. Young girls need representation too!

Wizard becomes an open he-man woman-hater pervert, think like DC's Dr. Light.

Thing will be educated constantly on how to properly talk to women and young people, and be insistent on everyone accommodating Alicia Masters.

perfect

Step up your game.

And yeah, there is not a single face in this crowd that excites me.

>ghost rider is there
>but robbie isn't
>fucking mar-vell is there
What is Marvel doing

Was this an attempt to make a friendly MAGA phrase?

Would Cpt. Rex and Steve get along?

I call this Marvel eating its own tail. Ever since the Marvel movies, specifically Avengers, Marvel just focused on those characters. Fan favorites, usually joke characters, got popular like Squirrel Girl. So the character roster shrank, but the crossovers had to be so constant that it stopped feeling like individual franchises.

Which brings me to my next point, Marvel stopped taking risk with new characters, so they just make characters replace legacies. So instead of doing the sensible thing and retiring characters who lost their charms, they put each franchise on life support, acting like the MCU will always need an Iron Man, etc.

Long story short, people only focus on popular characters and imitating the movies.

Marvel will most likely bring back the sexual tension between Sue and Black Panther.

its from something back in the 80's or 70's

Spider-Man titles are Marvel's highest selling title that's not an event or #1. They sell in the mid-60,000.

Star Wars hasn't really been above 100,000 in a while now.

More like I'm confused why the picture I use isn't posted more often because it's more atrocious.

Though serious question, Marvel hasn't been giving any comic book news this mouth outside issue 10 of Secret Empire. Like, no title announcements, no legacy teases...nothing.

They really should trim the fat a lot
It's absolutely important for kids and teens to see themselves represented, because like it or not these guys are role models, but Black Panther isn't big enough to carry three ongoings at once. Batman and Superman only have two each, so at a point you have to wonder who is in charge of these decisions

I get that comics should be comical in nature but at a certain point all the snarky badass female characters start to all sound the same, or maybe I'm a misogynist, who knows.

However, it's not all bad. Invincible Iron Man is pretty good and totally inoffensive at worst if you give it a chance. There are other ongoings that I would cut way sooner. Nick Fury is two issues in and it's boring as dick. Titles like America and Moon Girl at least get reactions, the worst thing for a writer is to have absolutely zero impact

>Spider-Man titles are Marvel's highest selling title that's not an event or #1. They sell in the mid-60,000.
That low. Spidey should be doing Batman numbers 90k or 100k.

>It's absolutely important for kids and teens to see themselves represented
Explain why.

Well you have Slott writing Soidey like he was Tony Stark, and still jerking off Doc Ock as if he is the greatest thing ever. It's no wonder sales are slipping.

60's, user.
I could shit on you and call you casual or whatever, but instead, I envy you for all the great fucking comics you have yet to read.

I think the problem is that none of these characters feel unique anymore. Instead of defining them through franchises, supporting casts, themes, tone, etc, they define it as "This character will run into another popular character by issue 3". Like, why is Quentin Quire, an X-Kid, in Thor currently? Why is Angel so important in X-23's Wolverine? Why are all the black heroes just appearing in all the other black hero books? If you make your ideas more unique and not have every other similar book imitate the same idea, it would be special.

Also, please stop having the GOTG constantly break out of jail. It's so, so tired at this point.

assassinate Slott when?

I think that image sums it up.
Not one of thos characters is at all interesting to me anymore save Peter Parker (and maybe Cho Hulk), and his expression says everything.

As a former Marvelfag, fuck Marvel. Fuck their shitty characters, their shitty events and, most of all, their shitty, pandering, egotistical writers.

What good DC books can I read?

I only read Spider-Man from then

Guys Why is Thor so sad?

People want to see people who resemble them succeed because it suggest that they themselves can succeed

it's fine that superman isn't black or that spider-man isn't asian but there should also be role models for black and asian members of those communities, give them a fucking break. For the longest time the only Asian comic heroes were fucking Shang-Chi and Psylocke, who doesn't count for obvious reasons. there doesn't need to be a world where some mexican kid wishes he was white because batman is white, instead he could wish to be Blue Beetle or something

I totally agree that teens and blacks want heroes to look up to.
Dc has two teams of teenage heroes and a history of Black characters. What does Marvel do? Sperg out and replace all their legacy characters with kids and minorities.

>What good DC books can I read?
New Super-Man. Aquaman. Green Arrow. Omega Men. Doom Patrol. The new Wild Storm by Ellis.

>there doesn't need to be a world where some mexican kid wishes he was white because batman is white
That mexican kid is fucking retarded. You can wish to be Batman and not be a white male. My sister used to dress up as Batman when we were kids

You're okay, user.
Thor is good/great from 121 to 179.
FF 1-102 also.
Lee/Kirby/steranko cap too.

They're all making angry or really tired looking faces, which does say a lot

Oh look, another company wars thread, as if we don't already have enough of this shit on this board

Why is the Rock Hulk the only FF dude here

Maker, Doom and Human Torch are all still dicking around, right?

>Thor
That's Odinson, user.

thanks for the suggestions user

>Marvel Strikes again
>Marvel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DC

Just so you know, there's a black superman in continuity AND an asian one AND a woman one.

Why the hell did they destroy The Thing? He's my favorite character next to Spidey because of how similar the personalities are. Both fall down and get back up, but Ben has to deal with being a hideous rock man who gets cucked by Johnny. Fucker is the idol of millions, but has been thrown away. I think it's mainly due to people writing him like an idiot jock instead of Reed's best friend. Like how Reed helped him become a pilot and engineer. I love Jewish football playing astronaut rockman, but no one uses him right. Fuck Bendis, too. That prick needs to stop kissing ass with all his Jew love.

i don't understand why Thor is a title

like if Odin abdicates the throne does he become Odin Odinson? It's not like Odin is a titles given to sons of Bor

>Maker, Doom and Human Torch are all still dicking around, right?
Thing is Bendis' pet because he's Jewish. These other characters you listed are all straight white males who are less important than Moon Girl, Riri and Miles. Guess who created two of them?

The problem with Marvel is that they have been separated from the MCU and instead of treading their own path are just waiting to see how the next films will dictate their stories. Like how Thanos is popping up everywhere, Marvel doesn't know the end results of Infinity Wars/Avengers 4 so they are stalling, trying to gage which characters will be break outs.

Like, if a Thunderbolts movie was to come out? Bendis would be announced as the "All New Thunderbolts" writer. If the Beyonder is the next Thanos? You bet your ass they'll hype him up as the biggest new threat! All the series they know they should invest in, they don't know what to do with them! Captain Marvel has been rutterless for so long that it needs to wait for the film to really define her book. The GOTG books have been mimicking the first film so much that all the spinoff books end up being the exact same book! Jailbreak after jailbreak! You can see that Marvel wasn't prepared for GOTG 2 because they only took away Baby Groot and not say trying to put Mantis back in the comics. They relied so much on the first film, they just changed Peter's origins with the movie Yondu and made Peter's Walkman an absolute staple of the character. OOPS!

Which brings us to the legacies. Now, Marvel doesn't know how the movies will handle things like Iron Man dying, Cap dying, etc, so what's the next best idea? LEGACIES! Get ahead of the films by predicting who will take over the next line of the character! Unfortunately this shows the lack of creativity at Marvel. Instead of going forward with new ideas, it's just "Another Spider-Man" or "Another Iron Man". And because Marvel played the diversity card, they fucked themselves over. You can't undo the diversity card without offending people which is why Marvel's short term profits finally caught up to them.

The movies fucked up Marvel royally.

I know that, my point wasn't that they don't exist, it's that they should exist if they're done well.

Characters like Ironheart are fine, you can see she's trying and growing and she makes no intent to replace Tony Stark. It's kind of thrust upon her and she's trying to deal with it. It differs from ms. marvel because there's no high school bullshit angle that we have to slog through.

I haven't read anything about Moon Girl but Black Panther and The Crew is weird and pandering, and this is coming from a black guy. It at least made sense when Sam Wilson was talking about the police state or whatever but the King of Wakanda should not give a single shit when he withholds the cure for cancer for political gain

Also Black Superman is moot since that was multiverse nonsense, unless you mean Steel and i don't even remember seeing him since that Doomsday nonsense

Because Marvel shaved off his epic beard

So what happens when RDJ eventually says he's made enough hundreds of millions and doesn't do Iron Man anymore? It's not like the movies are gonna' bother with RiRi.

>Top billing the Inhumans
Oh dear

Yeah, like Moon Girl deserves to be in that damn lineup. Then again, most of the characters there are shit

>Characters like Ironheart are fine
Oh god I'm done reading this.

I guess it's "fine" in your world to perfectly duplicate the Miles Morales formula over and over again.

Its people like you who forced all those "Kid sidekicks" back in the day.
Who as a kid wanted ti be Superboy? No one, they all wanted to be SuperMAN, it doesn't work

This, but at least some of those sidekicks gathered a following. Oh, and black people dont give a fuck what race the character is as long as they are interesting. They still think Batman is cool as fuck, and dont give a damn about Duke.

Then have Iron Man die off. The thing that irritates me ever since the MCU was made was that people always act like Iron Man, Cap and Thor have defined Marvel. We have had so many characters come and go. Hell, in the 90's, Wolverine, Punisher and Spider-Man defined Marvel.

Just let Iron Man stay dead. Move on with the new faces defining the MCU. Black Panther has all the technical prowess to cover Iron Man's tracks. You don't need to be defined by the current roster. Just let Iron man's death be a big moment, then move onwards.

The problem is, we're introduced as this character as replacements first, personalities second. And Marvel has a TERRIBLE habit of think "Smarter = personality"

The only Spider-Titles I read or have read recently are Amazing, & Deadpool, and 2099. I don't have an opinion on Miles and the only things I know about him are from Wikipedia

But she isn't a sidekick
You could argue that adding her is redundant because War Machine was a fine black Iron Man until they killed him off, which is true, but it's not like they're just going to undo it. Maybe in a year or so they'll bring him back but until then I think she's fine. So far her only male supporting cast is Tony's AI so I guess you could make a case for misandry there if you wanted

Or they could wish to be Batman cause they dont have to be pigeonholed by their race?

Like, why are starting to pretend you cant empathise with people of different races

>Kids dont have to wish their white to be Superman anymore
No one has ever thought this

>People want to see people who resemble them succeed because it suggest that they themselves can succeed
Barack Obama's role model was a white kid from Queens named Peter Parker. People who rely on identity politics are shit.

Its not an issue of sidekicks, its an issue with the stupid assumption that only x can like x
Only black teen girls will lool up to black teen girls, gotta have on in there
Have we got any teen asians yet? How about teen muslims? We gotta cover all bases or no one will read our comics!!

representation doesn't change anything

>obama, black man, with all the evil racists out to get him, stays in office 8 years

>blacks excel at a multitude of sports, many multimillionaires, many icons, beat back all those white oppressors

>blacks excel at music, create a multitude of different genres, many multimillionaires, many icons, beat back all those white oppressors

>gang crime, black on black crime, black teen pregnancy rates, black single parents, and inner city poverty rates are among the worst they've ever been.

blacks have been shown to be a success in a variety of fields and yet this shit still goes on.

a person isn't suddenly going to change behavior because they have a superhero with their own skin color just like they didn't change with role model athletes, musicians, or the most powerful man in the world.

>RDJ eventually says he's made enough hundreds of millions
That won't happen. As long as Marvel Studios pays him enough money, he'll keep being Tony Stark. It's like he said around Iron Man 2, even when he gets too old for the role, they can just CGI him.

I don't think I am explaining myself correctly. We are in agreement that pandering is bad. i'm just saying that new characters in of themselves is not pandering, or else New Superman, Sup Forums's favorite comic, would be pandering, Jessica Cruz, Sup Forums's second favorite GL, would be pandering. Just that new diverse characters is good for recognition. It's nice for minorities when people in their communities are recognized. Legacy characters over all are not pandering, or else characters like Spider-Man 2099 would be despised.

My larger point is that a lot of the disgust is misplaced. I don't care for new Wasp or anything, it's just kind of unintuitive to just wish the character away instead of just wanting better stories. Like, Unstoppable Wasp is bad because she hammers you over the head with girl power. She tells but doesn't show. Ironheart's supporting cast is female but it's less overt about female empowerment, they're just girls and they're trying to solve problems.

And barack obama, in turn, is some black kid's role model. Does that make sense? He can also be some white kid's role model but white people already knew that whites could be successful politicians. That is the main difference. No one older than 12 thinks they can actually be the Incredible hulk, they just want to imagine themselves as important or noteworthy

I don't think these are controversial opinions

>blacks have been shown to be a success in a variety of fields and yet this shit still goes on.
You're acting like white people don't pull just as shitty stuff.

>youtube.com/watch?v=HYGR9xMVtPQ

We're not a fever dream, they are! You have to listen to us! We can't help you unless you listen to us!

You're right, but that really doesn't change his point. Representation does absolutely nothing for anyone other than satisfy their feelings.

So why should we satisfy white males all the time?

black men commit 50% of all violent crime (robbery, murder, rape) in the united states, yet are only 7% of the population.

If Marvel allows this woman to work there why did they fire Ardian Syaf? Seems like they have a lot in common, only he has some talent.