Will the final fight top this?

Will the final fight top this?

No? They're not gonna try to either. Genndy's gonna wrap it up quickly and "poetically". There pracitcally won't be a fight.

>That moment when there's one 22-minute long episode left, and you know it won't ever live up to your expectations

When did it hit you this week, Sup Forums? It was thursday for me.

After episode nine ended.

Around monday

We all know the final episode is going to be shit when the description is just "Joik and Ackoo fite, werld gun ind f Joik nut deds Ackoo."

What episode was this?

Jack Vs Aku

>expecting the final episode description to be anything but a statement about Jack and Aku having a final fight
are you a fool?

Jack Vs. Aku the original series finale.

>the original series finale

Nope, that was this.

No way. There's just not enough time for it. Screencap this, the final fight with Aku will be five minutes TOPS.

Aku will kill himself.

>wanting a show to pander to a fan's expectations

>this tired apologist excuse again

Not defending it either, thinking a show is going to live up to what you are expecting it to be is retarded, because it will always fail to live up to them.

>when you have retardedly high expectations despite very well knowing the limitations that exist that won't allow you to meet those retardedly high expectations

I just wanted it to be as good as the first four seasons. The first three episodes delivered, but everything after fell flat.

it's gonna be some windwaker ending shit where jack throws his sword straight at aku in a last ditch effort, who shapeshifts a hole in himself and avoids it and then gets cut straight down the middle by ashi who caught it as it flew by

it's not going to be that type of a fight

Ofcourse not.
Its going to be shit.

after episode 5 I started losing hope.

13 years have passed. Yet, I do not rage.

Hype has lost its effect on me.

Jashi's grip chokes the past, present, and future.

Hope is lost.

I don't see why Jack would punch an argentinian in the gut again.

>the original series finale.
No it fucking wasn't.

>Implying the first 4 seasons were even amazing
There was good episodes, sure, but all the seasons were generally pretty average.

I hoping for a amped up Swamp fight. That was definitely the best one in the original series.

>Anything Season 5 related topping anything Season 1-4 related

Is it just me, or have the fights after the first three episodes largely been worse than most of the ones from season 3 and 4. Hell, even compare the fights in stuff like Chicken Jack, a joke episode to these newer ones and they're much less interesting.

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Nope.

All seasons except 5 were great.

Episode 4

After Ashi was introduced, but that doesn't mean that I'm not still going to watch with the slim hope that Genedy is redpilled enough to complete omit her from the finale.

Episode 8 was the only one that made me unhappy, but seeing what they did in the episode after made me a little more ok with it.

First three episodes were good. Seriously, watch the season from the begin and just watch as the quality nose dives after the third episode.

Not that user, but if they didn't spend what essentially boils down to two episodes focusing entirely on Jack and Ashi's relationship, they could've easily met the expectations I had. As I see it, episode eight should have consisted of Jack and Ashi encountering the Scotsman and helping him to raise an army. Then episode nine would've been the attack on Aku's castle, with the first half of episode ten devoted to Jack finishing Aku and the second half being used to tie everything together. Hell, they could still have had Jashi if they really wanted; just have it develop in the background, with their first kiss in episode ten.

Instead, we now have twenty-two minutes for the final battle and resolution of the series, and on top of that, they decided to introduce two new conflicts to resolve (Jack getting his sword back AGAIN and rescuing Ashi) at the very end of episode nine. So it's not so much that I had unrealistic expectations, it's more that the staff paced the season in exactly the wrong way. Really, even two episodes for the finale probably would've been sufficient.

It will be extremely painful...

For (Ak)u

The first 3 episodes are shit compared to even something like Jack and the Farting Dragon.

this

also this

(You)

The fanservice/flashbacks episode

but this fight was shit though. It was funny but it was just 10 minutes of Aku getting his ass kicked.

The fight in the zombie episode was way better.

I think every sensible complaint about the season boils down to pacing, yeah. Just a little more time (hour-long finale or something) or a revamp of the second half of the season would have been enough. In all honesty I knew the pacing would go to shit later on during the second episode, because they were spending a lot of time building up to something and they had no time.

>The Guardian is now never brought up at all
>Episode 8 is just episode 6 rehashed
>Aku for whatever reasons now stays in his fortress instead of running when he notices Jack
>The Scaramouche subplot is now entirely pointless because Jack and Scotsman find him first
I like to think that what you wrote sounded good in your head. This would still result in people bitching, but for genuine reasons.

The first three episodes although decent, don't come anywhere near some of the later episodes.

>There was good episodes, sure, but all the seasons were generally pretty average.
But the good episodes from the original seasons are all superior to the good bits of season 5.

The first 3 episodes don't hold a candle to Jack and the Lava Monster, Jack vs. Ninja, or Jack and the Zombies.

The first 3 episodes of season 5, forgot to clarify.

>The first 3 episodes don't hold a candle to Jack and the Lava Monster, Jack vs. Ninja, or Jack and the Zombies.
Factually incorrect. Episode 3 trumps all of them easily.

>shitty pacing
>blatant animation errors
>Ashii's cringy dialogue at the end
Uh, nope/

You know it won't.

This is what bandwagoners believe.

>Jack and the Lava Monster
Boring first 15 minutes
>Shitty as fuck actual fight
>Entire episode is pointless if you don't care about the Viking

>Jack vs. Ninja
>Boring first 15 minutes that consist of Jack helping random villages with minimal action
>Amazing fight, but like most old SJ episodes, that's literally all there is to possibly carry it, which isn't enough when rewatching them.

>Jack and the Zombies.
Fantastic episode, every minute was used well. I should have said Episode 3 trumps two of them easily, with this one matching it in quality.

Nope, been a fan since the beginning, I just know this show and the older seasons aren't a bunch of golden apples.

>Nope, been a fan since the beginning
This is what bandwagoners say.

>Show the Guardian's shattered glasses at some point because that shouldn't be hard to do
>Nobody raises an army in episode six, and the Scotsman doesn't meet Jack
>Aku should still be able to run away when shit goes south unless something else intervenes, so I don't know what your point is here
Wow you showed me. Your only good point is the Scaramouche thing, but that would still be easy to resolve without wasting two episodes on romance and introducing entirely new shit to deal with in a single episode.

>Jack vs Aku first episode
>Short, sweet, to the point, wonderful display of Aku's powers

>Jack vs Aku in the graveyard
>Significant length, wonderful Aku moments, Jack puts up magnificent fight despite no sword, maximum Aku going Eldritch horror, pitch perfect resolution with humor despite the preceding seven minutes of terror

>Jack's Dad vs Aku
>Magnificent ten minutes with a too good for this world dramatic build up when Aku inhabits the suits of armor and laughs.

Last episode should be fifteen minutes of raw combat.

>>Show the Guardian's shattered glasses at some point because that shouldn't be hard to do
Do you know where his portal is? It took days of travelling and it's in the middle of the fucking desert. That's not something that they can just cut to willy nilly. You think people are buttmad over what they did with him now? Show them what you think is a good idea.
>>Nobody raises an army in episode six, and the Scotsman doesn't meet Jack
No, Aishi meets all the people Jack helped, and people bitched about that for being fanservicey as fuck. It would literally be episode 6 again, pointless.
>>Aku should still be able to run away when shit goes south unless something else intervenes, so I don't know what your point is here
That's my fucking point, you can't have a final battle between Jack and Aku if he can just runaway the moment he notices him.
If you're gonna theorycraft ways the show should have been done, at least make sure what you're saying is actually superior to what we got.

Goddamn do I hate how every dumb fuck like you pops out of the woodwork thinking they're a writer or some shit.

What episode is this, I remember it vaguely.

Jack vs Aku

Foolish user is clouded by nostalgia

What about Jack and the Scarab, Jack and the Traveling Creatures, and Jack and the Haunted House? Any of those is also better than any of episodes 1-3 of season 5.

>yfw Aku gets off-screened

>It was funny but it was just 10 minutes of Aku getting his ass kicked.

It was actually one of the less one sided battles they had. Aku lasted for a while and got a few hits in. In normal battle Jack just shits all over him.

You're confused.
You think we are upset because its not literally the exact same as the promo image. We aren't. No one actually believes StarWars is a movie about a guy being chased by floating heads you humongous carpet muncher.

Promos atleast for tv shows and movies are supposed to set the mood and give the audience an idea of what it will be about.
For the case of SJ, fans assumed we would see Jack abandoning everything he stood for in the initial seasons as a result of his constant struggle agianst Aku. The image itself in the OP alone implies a man that has lost everything, and is willing to do anything to kill his number one enemy no matter who gets in his way. But sadly, that was not the case.
Also heres a counter allusion for your greentext to illuminate how ridiculous it sounds.
>Game trailer is nothing like the finished product
>fans complain
>HEY SHUT UP ITS JUST A PROMOTIONAL TRAILER WHO CARES IF WE LIED TO GET YOU GUYS HYPED FOR THIS GAME THAT WE HALFASSED