I don't mean to be posting meme-movie material...

I don't mean to be posting meme-movie material, but I was watching the lorax with my little sister and noticed something dumb.

The movie completely ignores the fact that the Once-ler made at least $500,000,000. Given that he sold thneeds at $100 a piece, and sold over 5 mil. Hell, once the demand went even higher he probably charged way more, putting his potential net worth in the billions. And the only cost was ruining a forest with some autistic bears and fish.

And instead of living out the rest of his youth fucking models on yachts, he sat alone inside a shitty shed wasting his ENTIRE LIFE away. And then his mom said she was disappointed in him, even though he made his retarded hick redneck family millions of dollars.

Fuck maybe IM the retarded one here for thinking so much about a kids movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BpgUQYARIsw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Did you see the original "Biggering" storyboard? They were supposed to use that but decided the song was too different in tone, switched it with a happier one, but they kept the effects of the original in.

I bet your little sister understood it better than you.

i didnt know about that oi, will have to see

do you mean this?

youtube.com/watch?v=BpgUQYARIsw

Yessir thats the one. I personally like how the Lorax blames his greed on pride instead of human nature like in the replacement song.

That's ridiculously better than that fucking despicable obnoxious "How bad can I be" song.

what about thneed's seed and feed?

Woah ok I didnt think something like this existed, even the song is better. If i understood it correctly, the onceler actually founded thneedville, and then abandoned it after he saw the outside and how fake everything was?

*chuck's fuck and suck

I still don't understand why the fuck they had to tear down the trees to get the Thneeds.
That's like tearing down orange trees just to get the oranges. Forget about the environment, that's just plain retarded, you're wasting resources for no fucking reason. It actually costs more money to tear down all the trees and transport them away than it would to just grab the thneed growing on each tree.

Not just the fakeness of the world. It seems like everyone around him is fake too. He also genuinely feels sorry for all the creatures, for a second then he quickly justifies it and says "who cares if a few things are dying?" (as supposed to the change in HBCIB "who cares if a few trees are dying?") And when all the creatures are gone he takes a hard look at himself.

the reason isnt very practical, but they do explain it in the movie, this is from the script:

Oncie, we've got us
a little problem.
Problem?
Mmm-hmm.
See, we're not making
Thneeds fast enough.
Harvesting the tufts
takes too long!
Well, what else can we do?
Well, and this
just came to me,
we could always start
chopping down the trees.
What?
Now you're thinking.
That would speed things up!

Damn that would have been way more powerful of a moment. Especially how in the movie they just showed him justifying his actions without a bit of doubt

>we could always start
>chopping down the trees.
>What?
>Now you're thinking.
>That would speed things up!
How the fuck would that speed things up? If anything, it would slow things down since cutting down trees and moving them takes a lot more time than just grabbing the tufts that grow on them.

I believe the point was that they would more than one tuft at a time if they brought the whole tree down.

They were doing doing it one tuft at a time, as said.

Also the trees were shown to be way easier to harvest when on the ground. And if they found an easy way to harvest the tufts, you'd just be left with an entire forest full of really tall stumps, remember the leaves make oxygen, not the bark.

hav u fuged ur sis

She's in elementary school nigga

Question still stands. Or are you some kind of faggot?

nononono i swear im not geyy :DD i will becom pedo now

yeah, the Lorax's speech was a lot better in that one, and it's good that they made it a part of the song.

post pics pl0x

I think in the book he keeps building more machines, which causes all the pollution. He still wanted to be efficient.
The point was that it was a slippery slope and he shoulda quit ahead.

I don't know weather to commend you or be disgusted, for having that as a red flag instead of the fact that SHE'S. YOUR. SISTER.

>ywn see the Once-ler give a speech in front of a crowd of people about survival of the fittest and social darwinism like a fascist dictator
could have been kino

What, you dont like "HOW baAaAaaAaaAUD Can I be Im jus DOIN what Comes NATuraLly"

being pedo is worse than incest in most cases imo