Just watched it. I liked it

Just watched it. I liked it.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/03/26/theres-reason-fight-scenes-iron-fist-getting-panned/
culturewarreporters.com/2017/03/04/kun-lun-netflix-iron-fist-asian-specific/
youtube.com/watch?v=cPembXZMKv0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you have vanilla?

Do I have what?

Well I don't like any of these fancy flavors...

Okay, you liked it. But did you think it was good?

Yeah, I think the final episodes were actually very overall good. I know a lot of people didn't like Finn Jones, but I thought his acting was pretty good at times. Ward is legitimately one of my favorite Netflix Marvel characters, the Hand is actually good and redeemed from their terrible portrayal before.

The first six or so episodes were pretty terrible, but basically once Colleen and Danny get together it gets a lot better. Although some scenes were still hit and miss it does not deserve its score. Solid 7/10 for me.

....yeesh

What?

>Ward is legitimately one of my favorite Netflix Marvel characters
I can agree on this part at least. Would have honestly preferred a show about the Meecham siblings, they were really engaging characters and the sole part of the show that wasn't wet bread.

>the Hand is actually good
Pic related.

Though in all seriousness more power to you, glad that someone enjoyed it at least.

Nothing. I'm happy you were able to enjoy it.

I haven't been on Sup Forums in awhile, did people even here really hate it?

Yeah, it got a pretty bad rap around here too.

I get the whole, people mad at Iron Fist being white thing being why a lot of people around the internet hated it, what didn't Sup Forums like about it?

It's considered not only the worst netflix show, but possibly one of the worst MCU things next to thor.

Polar opposite for me.

I took the first few episodes at face value because they're laying the foot work but holy shit did the later stuff blow balls.

About the only thing I agree with is Ward was easily the best character on the show.

>Danny whining and crying every other scene never any fun, incapable of being an adult

> Colleen has to do illegal street fighting to keep her dojo afloat, its revealed later its all part of The Hand anyway wtf

> Barely any Kun Lun

> All those highly anticlimactic "boss" fights

Danny was literally Gohan from DBZ, a joke until you set off his trigger.

Danny/Colleen is haram

Pretty much for the same reasons you'll find elsewhere with added general disdain for the MCU and "muh comic book accuracy".

What, people looking forward to Misty/Danny in Defenders I'm guessing?

I found Danny just being so unfun to be the biggest offense of the show. Hes so bland and whiny its hard to root for him.
Im hoping his bromance with Luke in the Defenders will lighten him up.

Well, I mean he's an emotional martial artist who was abused by monks for 15 years pretty much and never learned social skills, doesn't his personality make sense?

And, you know, acting, fight choreography, a story that went nowhere, not using anything cool from his books, not showing kun'lun outside of really short shitty flashbacks, not showing the dragon, finn having zero presence and coming off as a petulant child, focusing primarily on business boardroom meetings....but sure, it's cause he's white and muh comics.

Sure but it doesn't make for a good main character and he never changes.

>And, you know, acting, fight choreography, a story that went nowhere, not using anything cool from his books, not showing kun'lun outside of really short shitty flashbacks, not showing the dragon, finn having zero presence and coming off as a petulant child, focusing primarily on business boardroom meetings

I covered that:
>Pretty much for the same reasons you'll find elsewhere

He gets a lot more focused on defeating the Hand towards the end and a lot better at business dealings, isn't that really the character development he needed?

>>martial artist
>>white
I really hope someone lost their job over this. I can't even. I need to find a coloring book before I literally die.

Almost everything BUT Danny is at least somewhat good in this series.

>when you actually liked the board meeting politics

Really? Cause the last couple episodes of that show made me legit angry.
>>Bukoto villain out of nowhere, acts like he's a big threat.
>>Two Hand factions? But they're both evil?
>>Then Danny's friend shows up with a TERRIBLE introduction and I got flat out confused.
>>Not only that, but Danny's friend was only there to stab Bakuto...who also got HANDED
>>Harold just waltzes back in and takes over the company again? What?!
>>Harold is somehow putting Danny on the ropes with no martial arts training?
>>Joyce is now evil?!
>>OH SHIT, Kun Lun is gone cause Danny was a fucking retard the entire series

I got mad. I got so, so mad.

It doesn't make sense that you'd intentionally make a character who's a hero unappealing.

He's the ultimate weapon and yet he's incapable of getting down to business almost that entire show.

The fighting and martial arts stuff was the biggest sin against it. It wasn't important at all to the showrunner, and it showed a lot, especially when they said they learned the moves only 15 minutes before actually filming. Jessica jones and just about any CW show has better fight choreography, and thats really fucking sad.

I still cant bring myself to watch the last 3 episodes for some reason. I will say this though, this really killed any interest I had in Defenders. Daredevil is the only series worth a damn

Pretty sure Finn Jones said that was one fight and only he had 15 minutes to learn it.

Yeah, same. Last episode I watched was episode 10 and I just had zero interest in continuing it. I was waiting for it to actually get decent, but it just never did. It also had the most boring and generic opening of the 4 netflix shows. I also liked that their reasoning for him not wearing the mask and costume was because "he didn't need it and it made no sense for him to wear it."

It was all the fights in the show. They had a few weeks of training and that was it. The quick editing and cuts during every fight scene kind of backs that up.

Not denying that, just saying the 15 minutes thing was in regards to one fight.

Except he totally did have a reason to wear it, yet chose not to for some reason. What really gets me about this show is that Danny fights tooth and nail for his company, and then does everything he can not to be held responsible for it. Its like current Peter Parker and his company, hes putting peoples careers in jeopardy instead of doing the smart thing and letting others handle it.

Wrong.
>bleedingcool.com/2017/03/26/theres-reason-fight-scenes-iron-fist-getting-panned/
>I was learning the fight scenes 15 minutes before we actually shot them because the schedule was so tight. So 15 minutes before the stunt director would talk me through the choreography and I’d just jump straight into it. It really was a baptism of fire and I just learned on the job and I’ve been doing it for 12 months now.
3 weeks of training and that was it.

So basically IF was heavily rushed so they could start filming Defenders.

He never even explains why he comes back. Hew wants his company back, alright, well he gets it back by episode 6 or so and then....he just fucks off and it's never really mentioned as being an interest of his again.

Daredevil is going to look so fucking ridiculous being the only person in an actual costume.

Gao said why he came back, he wanted to be Danny Rand and not the Iron Fist. He didn't know the Hand was in New York, so although he got his company back, he was stuck dealing with the Hand as Iron Fist because they were intertwined with his company.

I liked that one episode where he's just casually walking down the street and the female is walking and they see eachother and she's like "well me and my brother aren't in the company anymore, we got fired", and he's like "lol oh that sucks".

Well I mean he knew by when they fought him coming back to the company they didn't see him as friends, and even when he came back, they made it pretty clear they were only business partners. Probably why he was so drawn to Colleen.

Yes but what did you think about the new Iron Fist film?

>vanilla

Ridiculously generic and boring, and the humor was probably the worst I've seen yet in these marvel movies. Don't even know how you manage to do that with doctor strange of all things.

Ive lost track on what the hell The Hand even is anymore, what their goal is, and I've stopped caring. Making Madame Gao Hand was stupid too

Yup.

The criticisms are way exaggerated. The main problem the series had with the normalfag public was >muh asian representation bullshit. The internet jumped in the hate bandwaggon.
It wasn't any worse than Luke Cage or Jessica Jones.

Luke Cage and Jessia Jones actually succeeded in what they were trying to do. They also had more charisma and were better actors. Not so much for luke cages actor, but at least he could pull off cool calm and collected. Problem came when he tried to express any other kind of emotion like sadness or anger.

So I couldn't get through the first two episodes of this, but I'm a fan of the character. Are there any episodes that deal with Iron Fist lore (Davos, Lei Kung, any of the other Immortal Weapons) I need to see or is this a total wash.

Watch some actual martial arts movies sometime.

Not really. There's one episode where he's looking at an old black and white video from I guess WW2 and the previous iron fist, in full costume, with two glowy fists, is fighting a bunch of chinese soldiers. Davos also shows up I guess, but he's a small paki with a brit accent.

>Luke Cage and Jessia Jones actually succeeded in what they were trying to do

>female empowerment
>black empowerment
I wouldn't know since I'm neither of those. But they definitely weren't any better than Iron Fist in terms of overall quality. Cage went to shit after Cottonmouth died and Jessica Jones got stale after the 2nd time Purple dude escaped.

It was good but the absolute shit casting of Finn Jones really botheres me. Like, he's just a completely normal slightly flabby looking dude? After living in a monastery studying kung fu his entire life? And his choreography was really bad to. It wasn't always but apparent but when he's next to someone like Jessica Henwick who's been doing martial arts for years his form looked laughingly bad in comparison.

There's ton of handsome ripped white male actors out there who actually are martial artists as well. The only reason they picked Finn Jones was because he was on Game of Thrones. Honestly if they had given him like 6 more months of training I'm sure he would have been fine. It really feels like he had no time to prepare for the role though.

3 weeks of training and that was it.

>but he's a small paki with a brit accen
w-what? why? and for larger lore reasons fucking how?

They wanted to show that kun-lun was diverse.

But it's not. It's an insular community of purists that abhor the concept of change, revere tradition, and are cautious of outsiders at BEST. The entire point is Danny deals with a mountain of shit on arrival because he's different.

Yeah, well
>“People from all over the world, all different cultures come from K’un-Lun, so it isn’t just this Asian-specific culture. You have people from Brazil there, you have people from Europe there. It’s a multicultural intergalactic alternate dimension.”
>culturewarreporters.com/2017/03/04/kun-lun-netflix-iron-fist-asian-specific/

>what didn't Sup Forums like about it?
Lackluster fighting sequences are the main complain here on Sup Forums. But hating Iron Fist as a whole is kind of a meme through all the internet.

>Danny whining and crying every other scene never any fun, incapable of being an adult
The guy didn't interact with the real world since he was a child and was raised by a bunch of monks obsessed with destroying the hand. I get it's annoying, but it makes sense.
>Colleen has to do illegal street fighting to keep her dojo afloat, its revealed later its all part of The Hand anyway
One branch of the Hand, the one that's run like a pseudo school cult, not the one that makes gazillions of money selling drugs.
She also has too much pride to go crying for money to Bakuto.
>Barely any Kun Lun
>All those highly anticlimactic "boss" fights
Agreed.

Though it's a running theme that no one takes the tale of the Iron Fist serious until Danny starts to kick shit.

They still haven't renewed this. Should we be worried Sup Forums?

No. Iron fist is just a chipped nail compared to the empire they've built.

They'll just repackage him as a support character in Luke Cage leading to a Heroes for Hire show.

Google Marvel's The Defenders

I liked it too.

The main problem with this show is the same as Dr. Strange.

Not enough mystical stuff and a bunch of shitty kung-fu.

youtube.com/watch?v=cPembXZMKv0

Oh yeah, I also forgot, someone on youtube made a compilation of all the times he actually used the iron fist in the show, and it came out to be 3 minutes and 45 seconds in total.

Thank you for informing everyone of you're shit taste