What's Plastic Man up to these days? Did he even appear since Flashpoint?

What's Plastic Man up to these days? Did he even appear since Flashpoint?

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/magazine/1999/04/19/forms-stretched-to-their-limits-2
mega.nz/#!vlx2yLyZ!6i-o9QDprkmGepYFC4KFesj6C8drtEdYGxbe5ZIDQ9U
mega.nz/#!C8YnER5a!TlvXwtIRrtR-fzL9X2QgdYwsEySNhKndodIZMdCFSLc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He was on Forever Evil but that ended badly.
He then appeared on Convergence.

He had a good appearance on an Injustice annual.

Remember when comics were fun- the character
I miss Plas.

Who doesn't user? I really liked the Convergence tie in just because of him.

Yeah this was really good and I don't even know shit about Injustice

He in the new cartoon Justice League Action. The last comic he was in was Injustice.

His origin was a plot pointin Johns JL so obviously it was promptly forgotten and ignored for his next big idea like all the other plot threads

Goddamn, Johns is like an edgier version of Millar with less talent

DC needs to bring back their more lighthearted/comedy series, in line with their riddance of the Nu52
>Shazam
>Booster Gold
>Plastic Man

Art Spiegelman once painted a cover and wrote about Plastic Man and Jack Cole for a New Yorker issue. Worth a read if you haven’t yet.
newyorker.com/magazine/1999/04/19/forms-stretched-to-their-limits-2

Thanks.

Hey, Plastic Man's origin was never pretty, in fact, it's downright horrific no matter how look at it.

Had Shazam done anything in Rebirth?

I thought Billy and the other orphans were gonna get their own book as the Marvel family or something.

>Johns
>Edgier than Millar, the guy who impregnated a chick with her gay brother's baby and wrote literal SW/QS smut

There’s also a book that expands this and has excerpts and photos of Cole. Got this from the hubs after a lot time looking for it.

Jack Cole & Plastic Man by A.Spiegelman & C.Kidd (Chronicle Books-DC Comics 2001).pm.cbz
mega.nz/#!vlx2yLyZ!6i-o9QDprkmGepYFC4KFesj6C8drtEdYGxbe5ZIDQ9U

Appeared early in jla in nu52 in a image.

Shazam has t been used since appearing in rebirth special

Wonder if they're moving away with public domain characters.

The end

Thanks!

You’re welcome anons
Also found this, published by Fantagraphics in the 80s
Focus on Jack Cole (c2c) (March 1986) (A-Team-DCP).cbr
mega.nz/#!C8YnER5a!TlvXwtIRrtR-fzL9X2QgdYwsEySNhKndodIZMdCFSLc

>nazi nibbles

hue

Cool.

You are the best Preacher user.

>mfw reading Plastic Man

Plas is public domain?
Also
>Original Phantom Lady series ilustrated by Cho never

Most characters from quality and fawcett are.nin some way.

Trademarks are owned by dc, the logos and names.

It's the copyrights in public domain. So caotain marvel stories and stuff can be used but nit the names shazam or adventures post golden age.

Dc only really bought the blackhawks copyrights whike the rest was lasped. For fawcett everything is lasped but the marvel family. While black adam is fully only dc is to use.

Companies tend to use their own creation they have the rights to over a brand anyone can use.

Are in*

That explains why Peter Canon (I don't know if that's how you spell his name sorry) is getting a series at Image.

>You are the best Preacher user.
This

>That explains why Peter Canon (I don't know if that's how you spell his name sorry) is getting a series at Image.
DC and Charlton never own the character.

The character has been owned by the estate of its creator, writer-artist Pete Morisi, since his death in 2003.

Most golden age characters are in the public domain. Erik karsen ysed phantom lady and many others used bullet man.

Except most of marvels and dc's. However Human Torch and maybe Namor are up to dispute.

Also over time more will laspe of copyright laws don't change. Superman is expected to be in public domain in a few more decades.

Yeah, those three are the big missing ones. Where's all the outrage at them being nowhere like with Cass and Steph?

>Superman is expected to be in public domain in a few more decades.
I don't know how to feel about that.

They can still publish him at Dc. Plus whatever elements created post 60s stays at Dc for longer.

And they will still retain the trademark to the logos and name of Superman and other characters.

You will just see Marvel or others attempt to copy the early golden age superman.

I expect that never happens to be honest.

Depends on Dc going to court extend the copyrights.

Copyrights are mostly the back stories, how power works, origins etc.

While Trademarks protect names and logos, you can renew that forever as long as you like.

Plus derivatives created later last longer. Post crisis superman or rebirth superman are gling to last longer.

It's how someone can create a derivative of
Robin Hood and own it, if it has unique elements created by you recently.

My biggest problem with that is that that was the last appearance of Plas so far.

I think "edgier than Millar" is a bit exaggerated, but he's much more edgier than what Sup Forums seems to think.

Theres nothing wrong with that. Ec comics was the same until dr fedric crapham came.

They'll pull a Disney. Mickey Mouse should've been public domain for years, and look.

Not really, at least not what I understand by "edgy". I always thought "edgy" was a shallow and ironically immature display of themes and subjects considered mature.
If rape or violence is used in a meaningful way, in order to say something, it's not edgy. If it's used for a splash page and nothing but shock value, then that's "edgy". It's like a teenager pretending to be a grownup.
That's why I don't think people like Ennis or Moore are really "edgy". The violence and sex in their comics is usually more than justified (except maybe for The Killing Joke. The Barbara thing was pretty gratuitous, and if I'm not mistaken, even Moore admitted to that).
I think EC was trying to say something, and to do something really different and groundbreaking at its time, and it wasn't just empty shocks like most of the shittiest comics from the 90s, for instance.

Plastic Man is probably the only golden age comic that can be unironically enjoyed nowadays.

>Ennis
>Not edgy
user...

He was in the first issue of Rebirth Hellblazer, didn't really do much, he was sort of just there.

He's not a real hero.
He's not super strong like superman not superfast like flash nor nearly omnipotent like batman, he's just a guy who can stretch his arms

Did you read why I think Ennis is not edgy?

I am pretty sure Lobo being bueno'd was justified.

I haven't read that so I can't comment on it.

Hey, guys!

Here's somebody that doesn't know how Plastic Man's one of the top three most powerful members of the Justice League!

Nevermind him, he's just baiting.

Nice.

Honestly not that edgy.