After two years we can finally agree that this sucks, right?

After two years we can finally agree that this sucks, right?

I liked it.
Especially the final confrontation between Richards and Doom

It wasn't that good, but it was better than most Marvel events in the last 10 years.

I thought people agreed to that almost immediately

Fuck me for thinking all the badass shit that happened in Ross' art would actually happen in the books.

I thought that everything would end with a new mu where all the cool forgotten characters from alternate realities (earth x, shadowline, new universe, 2099) would be brought in.

Like Horus and St George at the bottom there. Instead they brought in a handful of the recent sjw characters that no one liked.

Yeah, me too, bro.

Naw, this shit was great and unlike most events almost all if the tie ins were fantastic. Reed feeding Molecule Man Evil Reed came out of fucking no where.

Best event. Decret empire is close.

I don't think civil wars are meant to be liked but gasp fests.

It's honestly one of the best Marvel events, though that isn't saying much. The buildup, the tie-ins, the main plot, nothing was perfect, but there was enough variety and enough cool shit happening to justify the event's existence.

Basically Secret Wars (And Standoff) is what Marvel events SHOULD be. Massive scale teamups that put characters in weird situations that serve as major climaxes to various story arcs. Only thrown in occasionally, like every 3-5 years, not a fucking yearly or biyearly "our sales are low let's fuck everything up" gimmick.

the build up was awesome. the actual event sucked.

I loved it. Great end to Hickman's Marvel stuff.

Most of the tie-ins sucked, but there were enough good ones to justify the concept.

Hickman is kino

Op is a monkey with a pathetic pea brain

Hickman run is only good. The event is weak.

But he didn't feed him Evil Reed. Maker betrayed Reed and turned him into a monkey, Reece interceded by turning Maker into slices.

I loved it OP. I bought most of the mini's, got em all in a shirt box. But I loved Age of Apocalypse as a kid too.

To be honest, I think it was a really great idea with no way to have a satisfying ending. The idea of all realities ending and all being stuck on one Earth? Loved it. There was a genuine thought out element with this event and structure.

But it fell apart because it was Dr. Doom ruling over everything. John Hickman had the chance to create a new and very great villain. Rabum Alal had so much buildup, so much suspense, and...it's just Dr. Doom. The whole story became a giant "Dr. Doom vs. Reed" event. Why the fuck did Hickman put so many elements into play like the Black Swans, the Beyonders, the Priests (I forgot their names), and all that if he wasn't going to do anything with it? I remember specifically being baffled with Canonball's baby gaining powers, and Pod specifically took the baby with her before the event to survive the void...and nothing comes of it. There was even an 8 year gap to have this kid grow up! I thought that was going to be a major reveal, but NOPE!

And that's the shitty part of this event. All those 3 years of buildup matter so little because it was really about Dr. Doom having a tantrum, and Dr. Doom was introduced LAAAAATE into the game! I even thought Black Swan was going to be a major player cause she was constantly through New Avengers since the first issue. Squished by giant Groot as a gag. To give you an idea, this is as if LOTR, right as they are climbing up Mt. Doom run into Bippin, the evil Pippin who takes Sauron's power and destroys most of the LOTR world, until Pippin has to stop him and the rest of the film is about those two settling it out. It's so out of nowhere and it's jarring that the entire narrative shifts to be Reed vs. Dr. Doom.

And there was no way to end it. They made such an epic climatic setup for this story, but Hickman had no real end goal. That should be the number one priority for an epic tale, knowing how you're going to land the ending.

I thought it sucked when it was coming out.
I hated that everything had to come to a screeching halt for it. I thought it was stupid how much the event practiced "tell, don't show", and how every time a character other than Doom or Richards was about to do something even slightly interesting, they're immediately killed.

Fuck off, Sup Forumsfag. Go read a real book.

So Standoff is worth reading then? Asking this because I can get the HC for €25

This, it was okay. The bar for the yearly karvel shitfest that is the "event" format is set far too low. Secret wars was done over many years with buildup. So it was okay, not great, but better than the steaming pile of trash prior.

If you need to make a thread about anything, anything, where the pretense is "Now that some time has passed can't we agree that...." then it's almost a given that whatever narrative you're trying to create, the opposite is going to be true.

The event was great, not Kingdom Come / Earth-X great, but great.

Sorry there isn't enough awful stuff happening right now in the Marvel Comics to satisfy your pathos or compensate for your brand insecurity, but you're not going to spin this into being something bad. Really your only ally here is the fact that the majority of Sup Forums probably never read any of it.

It was better than AvX, OS, and the side events like BotA and Black Vortex, but I think AXIS was legitimately better than Secret Wars

Yes, Standoff is what Civil War 2 should have been

And don't get me wrong, this event did a lot of things right. Some of the last days issues were genuinely moving. The last Mighty Avengers ending where the doctor is talking to you as you overlook the worlds about to collide is chilling. A lot of side stories allowed the writers to cut loose and show their chops. Like Peter David bringing back Ruby Summers and creating 2099 Avengers. The Soule Civil War story that continues the events of Civil War far beyond the rational point was also cool. I even liked A-Force. Yes, the book was repetitive, but Arcadia was fully realized and it downright baffles me why Marvel didn't make A-Force its own dimension like Spider-Gwen where it's a whose who of guest characters.

I wouldn't be surprised if this event is used to top Infinity Wars in the MCU, where one film is Last Days, one film is Battleworld. You could even squeeze out spinoff films in between the two parts like an A-Force film.

Sinister World was amusing. As was Doctor Punisher. But a few panels out of a year long event do not redeem it.

Better than spiderverse?

So much better, the only thing from spider-verse that was worth reading was Scarlet Spiders

Sucks that ended up being a final send off for Reed. Like it was 50 years of build up to that moment.

Not a bad event, but in all honesty I would rather read Pleasant Hill or Secret Empire

bump

Spider-Verse was worse.

The main book suffered a lot of issues with pacing but I enjoyed all the tie-ins because they were crazy what ifs except the ones by Bendis

The tie-ins were the best part of the event.

His OML was good for me but his Ultimates End was shit.

It was shit. Its supposed to be this sendoff tp the f4 sp why did none of them do snything at all

Nova Family
Ghost Racers
Thor's
Modok Assassin's
Planet Hulk
Weird World
Deadpool and the Howling Commando's

The tie-ins were pretty neat.

Me too user. I expected more mutliversal fuckery at least on the tie ins.

>Infinity Gauntlet
That was the best tie in.
Also that finale made me cry for real.

Spider-Island was pretty great gave us Wolf-Cap, Iron Goblin, Blood Sucker Carol, Lizard Hulk and MJ, and the the Agent Venom and Spider-Man team up.

The tie-in's were better than the event to be honest should have pushed those more

I liked it when compared to most Marvel events of the past 10 or so years.

But the problem was the delays caused it to feel unnecessarily dragged out.

Yes.

It wasn't amazing, but it had some fun ideas. It closed off a number of story arcs while setting the stage for the next heap of stories which are culminating in Secret Empire.

Just stay far away from Civil War 2.

The buildup and the end were pretty great. The middle was a schlock. The beggining was decent.

Yeah, the first few issues are great because they just pull you into this totally new setting, even if it ends up getting bogged down later.

literally made me drop all marvel comics