Spider-Man has more bad stories than good. Fact

Spider-Man has more bad stories than good. Fact.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=czTksCF6X8Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that's true of literally every superhero ever created

even Watchmen was raped by Before Watchmen

Every character is like that.

If you can name 10 good stories from one character, then he is among the luckiest ones.

>that's true of literally every superhero ever created
Nope.

>even Watchmen was raped by Before Watchmen
Not a valid example.

>Nope.
Name one then.

>Not a valid example.
Explain why.

>Name one then
Miracleman

>Name one then.
Batman.

>Explain why.
Watchmen was never supposed to be a franchise, the only reason Before Watchmen exists is because of the movie.

>Batman.
Batman has more shit stories than good ones.

Not even a critic. He has one of the best catalogs out there. But for every great story, there are 50 shitty ones.

Untrue. I bet your Batman knowledge begins and ends with Morrison's run at best.

You couldn't be more wrong.

From Dixon onward, I've read every Tec and Batman issues.

>From Dixon onward
Well, there's your problem then.

Miracleman existed long before Moore, you dumbass.

This provides limitless fun times.
youtube.com/watch?v=czTksCF6X8Y

Maybe wouldn't be the case if Superior didn't run for a fucking millenia

Superior gave us Superior Foes, so I'm thankful for its existence.

Not for much longer if Slott keeps going.

>implying Larry Hama wrote good Batman stories

name 10 god tier runs

Prove it.

>god tier
I said "good", not "amazing". Your argument is founded on a fallacy.

Daredevil

it's Spider-Man
people will buy it, regardless

I don't think the quality of popular Batman stories is much higher than the quality of popular Spider-man stories

Animal Man.

He's had so few runs that those that do exist have meticulously chosen writers.

>Daredevil
This meme needs to die.

90's DD had more trash than good.

Care to name any bad periods for him other than Chichester?

Wrong

They have more bad ISSUES than good ones, but they definitely have a large amount of greats stories. Decompression (and the lazy writing it encourages) is the problem.

>Animal Man
The entire back half of his 80s run was fucking awful

Every character has more forgettable stories than bad & good combined.

Try reading Millars daredevil sometime.

Alright, name me 20 good Spider-Man stories. People do that with Batman all the time, so a hero of Spidey's caliber should be up to the task.

They can be non-canon stories but they MUST feature Peter Parker as the main protagonist, so no Spider-Girl or the like.

Spider-Man! (Origin story)
If This Be My Destiny
Spider-Man No More
Spider-Man Blue
Kraven's Last Hunt
Death of Jean DeWolf
High Tide
Death of The Stacies
Homecoming
Annual #1
The kid who collects Spider-Man
Birth of Venom
Nothing Can Stop The Juggernaut
Perceptions
Grimm Hunt
Until the stars turn cold
Spider-Man: Happy Birthday
Ultimate Clone Saga
Ultimate Spider-Man: Power & Responsibility
Ultimate Death of Spider-Man

Not him, and not 20 cause I value my time, but have 10:
>If this be my destiny
>Spider-Man no more
>Kraven's Last Hunt
>The death of Jean DeWolff
>Spider-Man: Blue
>90s TV show Spider-Slayer arc
>Spectacular TV show Sinister Six arc
>Ultimate Spider-Man Clone Saga
>Grim Hunt
>Flowers for Rhino

>Kraven's Last Hunt
Kys

OH YEAH WELL CHECK THIS OUT

I feel like single issues are cheating but fine, point conceded.

Singles issues cheating but not the fact that one guy mentioned tv shows? Hell with that kind of standard Spider-Man 2 also makes the cut.

There are only 4 single issues:
>Spider-Man!
>High Tide
>Annual #1
>The Kid Who Collected Spider-Man

So we're gonna replace them with:
>Back in Black
>Revenge of the Sinister Six
>Life in the Mad Dog Ward
and the fourth one can be either
>Spider-Man: Vengeance
>Spider-Man: Torment
or
>Spider-Man: Masques

points off for not including the child within

Keep in mind, one of the greatest batman stories ever told, according to normies, The killing Joke, was a single issue, so I'm not sure how single issues are cheating.

Such a shame it was retconned by Brand New Day

has it been completely retconned more like made inconsequential

TV shows are fine because people mention stuff like Heart of Ice in "best of Batman" lists like all the time.

Fair enough.

That was more of a prestige one-shot, but yeah.

I own this issue and Slott signed it
its his first Spider-Man story right? and one day he'll have the most of them ever I think

But Spider-Man doesn't have any bad stories.

But superior foes has nothing to do with superior Spider-man other than the title and the fact that the sinister six only has 5 members.

Editorial doesn't hate Bruce in the way it hates Peter.

The problem with Spider-Man is that editorial has no idea what to do with Spider-Man.

Sins Past (x20)

>The problem with Spider-Man is that editorial has no idea what to do with Spider-Man.

He's a rotten situation because ultimately any change in his life will enrage one section of the fanbase and at least one editor fixated on THEIR ideal for Peter Parker.

Clone Saga was SUPPOSED to let us have our cake and eat it too with Peter passing the torch to what was functionally an alt of himself, but fuckheads got cold feet and left the entire thing a clusterfuck.

For fucks sake you have God Almighty coming down to tell him to his face "you're my favorite" which tells you more than you need to know about editorial and their willingness to break status quo. And when OMD could have simply broken up a marriage and left Peter a single guy again, no instead it literally reverted his entire character to that faggot momma's boy living with a woman who by rights should have died in her sleep a decade before.

Let him grow up and mediocre writers get mad and say "superheroes can't possibly be married that ruins everything," don't let him grow up and readers say "jesus christ why is he still a photographer for a dead medium," let him actually finish his fucking doctoral and people are upset that one of the smartest men in the MCU is actually running a business instead of being a loser for once.

THERE IS NO FUCKING PLEASING PEOPLE WITH THIS GUY.

Maximum Carnage
Lifetheft
The Clone Saga
The Gathering of the Five
The Final Chapter
Chapter One
Changes
Reign
Trouble (fuck you, it counts)
The Evil That Men Do
House of M
Sins Past
Sins Remembered
One More Day
One Moment in Time
Alpha
Dying Wish
Superior Spider-Man
Lucky to be Alive
Spider-Verse
Worldwide
The Clone Conspiracy

is that some cartoon satan? if not, those are some inappropriately used eyebrows

That's because we all love Peter, our version of Peter.
It's a Bond-like situation, every fan agrees there's only one definitive Bond, but will never agree on wich one.

>its his first Spider-Man story right?

I think he wrote Spider-Man before it, but I forget in what.

his Spider-Man/Human Torch mini is one of my favorite series ever

>Let him grow up and mediocre writers get mad and say "superheroes can't possibly be married that ruins everything," don't let him grow up and readers say "jesus christ why is he still a photographer for a dead medium," let him actually finish his fucking doctoral and people are upset that one of the smartest men in the MCU is actually running a business instead of being a loser for once.

Except the problem with the latter is Slott did an extremely poor job executing it. Additionally, it made Peter become super-successful too fast, and so far Slott's done nothing but show him making some pretty bad decisions in addition to contrived shit that looks like it's going to drive him back to the old status quo. On top of that, how will anyone believe any kind of positive status quo will stick for Peter if they were willing to roll back things with OMD and make him look like an incompetent loser in BND?

>Maximum Carnage
>Reign
My mugga
Needs some Gauntlet, Big Time and Spider-Island though

>The problem with Spider-Man is that editorial has no idea what to do with Spider-Man.

I think this is the general problem. People have this rose-tinted view that Spider-Man needs to struggle (understandable) but confuse it with making him Charlie Brown (not understandable, because what you end up having is a flanderized, ineffective Spider-Man).

I was listing bad Spider-Man stories, you dumbass

>Lucky to be Alive

Which was this one?