Is this the most overrated Star Wars movie? The only good parts are the Death Star battle and the parts with Luke...

Is this the most overrated Star Wars movie? The only good parts are the Death Star battle and the parts with Luke, Vader, and The Emperor.

it's good up until the ewoks

No.

>not the entire opening
plen

Jabba's Palace

What a masterpiece.

Please go to hell.

unironically a great song

Man. Jabba’s Palace fucking sucks.

Plus it doesn’t help that Luke’s plan to rescue Han makes no sense.

>special editions
kill yourselves

>special edition

it's proof that Star Wars wasn't planned out in advance, but was made up as they went along:
>another Death Star
how original! and the destruction of it wasn't nearly as suspenseful as the first one.
that said, the first 40 minutes on Tattooine is great, the Luke/Vader/Emperor culmination is classic, the forest speeders are a great concept for the action scenes that they pulled off.
the original Star Wars movie works as a standalone film, and the sequel is even better. Return of the Jedi is the weak link, but it meaningfully ties up all the plot points so conclusively that I'm convinced the reason they didn't immediately move onto episode 7 in 1986 wasn't restraint but having literally nowhere left to go.

Making Leia Luke's sister last minute was some pretty shit writing.

It was a pretty elegant way to have Han win though

It's the worst of the OT if you're watching as a critical adult seeking kino.

When you're a kid or stupid, it's the best flick of the OT because it has the most action sequences.

I speak as man born in '86 though. I wonder if today's kids are as appreciative of it since the prequels have better action.

Empire doesn't work on its own though. It doesn't have a conclusion. At least Jedi has one.

ewoks aren't that bad

The added jabba song was lamesauce but the Victory Celebration ending (minus the Naboobs) is on point my dude.

No, it's the most underrated considering how many people complained about it before the arrival of the prequels

>Empirefags have nothing better to do than rip on Jedi because it's the fun movie in the series

>most over rated
don't most fans consider it the worst of the trilogy?

i grew up with the prequels and like the OT more

No, that would be ESB, but it has good reason to be ovverated

It's actually a good movie

ESB>ROTJ>ANH

I actually think ANH is kind of dull in comparison to the others if you're already familiar with the setting and the characters, even though it's a great movie on its own merits.

>Luke’s plan to rescue Han makes no sense
You don't understand The Force at all. Luke approaches Jabba in earnest, giving him very simple options: free Han and Leia, or die. Luke casually dispatches all of Jabba's minions because he's empowered by defending himself and his friends, not attacking.

God damn it, don't you love how the prequels and sequels made the Force a set of superpowers that some people just have, complete with DBZ power-levels?

In 5th grade I had the retarded idea of proving myself "the biggest Star Wars fan in school" by watching one of the first three movies every single day for quite some time. This was before Phantom Menace came out.

They all get boring under that circumstance, but I found myself agreeing with this ranking as far as how enjoyable they are to re-watch when you're already bored with them:

ESB > ROTJ > ANH

I don't mind that. My biggest complaint is why didn't Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan testify before the Senate regarding the Trade Federation invasion.

They were busy.

>disney damage control shills
>let's crap on 30 year old movies
>this will make our inept sjw trash somehow look better!

kys

JEDI is stupid and made for 10 year olds but a lot of it OWNS. GOD JABBA

>complete with DBZ power-levels?
this is simply not true

>moves at superhuman speeds
>jumping out of kilometer-high skyscrapers
>surviving the vacuum of space after prolonged exposure

Do you not remember how they talk about Anakin's power leve-- I mean, midichlorian count in TPM?

Midichlorians are the SW version of DBZ's power scanners.

"his midichlorian count is OVER NINE-THOUSAAAAND!"

It's still way better than the prequels

RotS is better.

It's the most underrated, people shit on it so much, just because it's the worst of the OT doesn't mean it's awful, ANH and ESB are fucking amazing. The biggest thing that bugs me in ROTJ is death star 2 but that's about it

>Is this the most overrated Star Wars movie?
A New Hope is, at least everyone recognizes the bullshit parts of Jedi.

I always thought ESB was the most overrated of the OT. (Unpopular, opinion, I know)
Hoth is great, asteroid field is great and Vader vs Luke I is great.
Degobah was too rushed and cloud city was too Sao Feng tier...
Although it set up ROTJ well..

But it was a red herring. It was a trap to lure the Rebellion.

how can it be overrated if it's consistently rated as the weakest

No it's really not its the best sw movie outside of the OT though

yes.

>it's good up until the ewoks

This. The Ewoks can actually be fixed though, just remove all the goofy kiddy shit the Ewoks do and you're good to go.

Ewoks freaked the fuck out of me as a kid, those weird noises they made, the dead animal trap, trying to eat han and luke

>Degobah too rushed

It's part of a trilogy of movies, not a television series. I'm not sure it could have been much longer without cutting into screen time for Vader vs Luke I.

>cloud city was too Sao Feng

It was too much like a Chinese pirate? Confused.

I thought they were fine. I know they are marketed for kids, but they are alien and primitive than they are lead to believe.

They're not but what's even worse is that those fucking porgs remind me of their antics and that's all they do. I hope by episode 9 Chewbacca has eaten them all.

That's a point I can't even remember anything else about Chewie except for two scenes and those were with those fucking porgs. Man he really has become an even bigger spare part Jesus.

you cant remember anything else about chewie because thats literally all he did besides bash Luke's door down, which could have led into an emotional reunion but they do that off camera for some reason and Luke never gets a real scene with Chewie

watched it again the other day, was wondering wtf kind of animal were they trying to catch with that bigass carcass

How many of you youngfags saw Jabba's palace for the first time and it already looked like this? I feel sorry for you.

PLEASE ADD

'85, it's more rewatchable than ESB, by a long shot. It's like Terminator vs T2, or Alien vs Aliens: the former is kino, the latter is more enjoyable.

TLJ has zero good scenes.

XD

TLJ was a bastardisation of the blue milk we saw in episode 1,2,4 and rogue one. There's no fucking way Johnson and Kennedy didn't know they were ridiculing and insulting Star Wars, even something as basic as the fucking space blue milk. Remember the scene and how rian Johnson directed it. Alien titty monster in a sitting position, not on all fours as a domestic animal but almost on a throne..... like Jabba.... Luke kneeling before the seated titty god. Vigoursly pumping its organs. The creature gives a moan, rey looks on ...in disgust (telegraphing the audience to share this revulsion) Luke, on his knees reacts to the condemnation by swigging the blue alien milk defiantly he doesn't care how far he has fallen (how far Johnson and Kennedy have forced him in reality) . His beard covered in the juices of the alien titty monster. Wew lads, they have cooked up some pretty nasty psycho sexual imagery here to degrade a fucking modern day folk hero.

Why did I do it guys? The money wasn't worth it but I needed it to survive comfortably.

No, it's the most underrated. Empire is the most overrated. A New Hope is the best in the series overall though.

>The only good parts are the Death Star battle and the parts with Luke, Vader, and The Emperor
>he didn't enjoy Luke fucking up Jabba's Ship thing
>he didn't enjoy the speeder chase
>he didn't think that the ewok dance number was a perfect Bollywood ending to the story
>he didn't like C-3PO fucking with primitive beings
The idea of "We had a BIGGER death star" only started bothering me after TFA, but other than that, some pacing issues, George's autism, and using ewoks instead of wookies, it's a damn good movie.

The entire Death Star shit is just a fucking retread of the first movie. Three movies in, and the universe is already getting fucking repetitive.

That being said, it has some merit. The Jabba the Hutt stuff is good, and so is the emperor stuff. The fucking ewoks were pretty cancerous though.

Whyd they make TLJ into a boring action movie, it would have been better directed by Steven Seagull