Who can defeat Superman?

Who can defeat Superman?

Without Kryptonite.

Various heroes and villains.

Superman is a little stronger than Thor. Think of people a little stronger than Thor and they should have a fair chance.

Power Man

Squirrel Girl

One Punch Man

Goku

Lots of fucking people. Anyone with magic or mind control powers, Barry Allen or Wally West, Kyle Rayner as Ion, Darkseid, Doomsday, many more.

Ben 10 by the end of Omniverse.

Im sure this is bait.
Superman is an order of magnitude stronger than Thor.

Captain Marvel

I'm not baiting.

Superman is stronger than Thor, sure, but not on another whole level. Thor is a powerhouse, too.

Martian Manhunter

>Power Man
Luke Cage?

Theoretically even Sunboy can since he can turn the sun red, if manipulated properly.
Ion can probably do that as well.

Ion can totally do that. Kyle Rayner was stronger than the rest of the JLA together when he was Ion.

Parallax. Most magic users like Zatanna or Dr. Fate if they ambush him. Silver Surfer. Martian Manhunter.

Big Bad Billy.

When not paired with a bias Superman writer.

Anyone with a magic weapon and a surprise attack.

Which superman? SA is almost a god and Bronze age kriptonians (like superboy prime) are about 70% as powerful as that. Short list there, but the more modern incarnations are way weaker.

kryptonians*

>Weak to Kryptonite
Depends on the writer on how weak he is to Kryptonite

>Weak to Magic
How weak to magic are kryptonians? Is it like krytopnite or are the effects weaker?

Whoever the writer wants to win

I'm sure this is bait.

Literally anyone with a decent set of magic abilities or those not bound by physical laws.

If you want an actual name, Manhattan literally would just have to wave his hand at him.

>Weak to Magic
Superman isn't weak to magic, he just has 0 defense against it. If you throw a fireball at him he'll shrug it off, because fire doesn't hurt him. If you cast a spell to make him spontaneously combust, he's dead.

They are weak in the sense that they have no resistance or way to combat it. If you cast a spell that simply stops someone's heart, it would affect Superman the same way it would affect a normal human and he would just die, regardless of how strong he is.

Can he be taught magic resistance? Im sure there's an elsworld out there where Supes in a magician.

He is probably just as capable as a normal human at learning magic and he would likely have an advantage due to his brain being able to work so fast.

Since his strength and endurance is from solar energy and doesn't require him to train, he really could spend most of his free time learning things like magic or more advanced techniques, but sadly Supes is a poster boy for "I'm just gonna wing it with my natural abilities instead of training".

I think he and Bruce are scared of magic. They can potentially use it but they avoid it since it usually has a cost associated with it unless you are innately gifted. That Said, Bizarro made for an amazing magician.

>Luke Cage beating Superman

The Action comics Arc about Luther has a good series of pages talking about all the ways you can kill superman. Plenty of hitters in the Brute force category.

Mongol Senior, Darkseid, Zod and Doomsday all have potential

>the Action Comics arc about Luthor

Interest is piqued. Tell me more please sir.

darkseid
Phantom stranger
Dr strange
Galactus
Phoenix
Dormammu
Muhammad Ali under a red sun
Imperiex

Any non-Kryptonians that can match/beat him in physical brute force?

>Mongol Senior, Darkseid, Zod and Doomsday all have potential
> Mongul Senior.
> the Cyborg Superman's bitch.

My sex drive

Makes me cry EVERY time

Follows on from Blackest Night with Luther trying to obtain power similar to the orange ring.

He meets Gaimans Death, has a tussle with Mister Mind and in the end obtains God like power. He loses it all because the only way to maintain it is never kill. Which means he can't kill Superman so he loses it all.

Supeman's weakness to magic works literally however the writer wants his weakness to magic work, it's not a consistent enough aspect of the character to BE consistent.

>Interest is piqued
That's probably the first time this year I've seen the right word used instead of "peaked" or "peeked." I award you one internet.

Also seconding your request to know more about the Luthor arc.

my oc

he op

He just named three.

Venom

Yeah, but I needs me more.

I just created a character, his special ability is "if near superman superman is defeated". so yeah.

How does it go over ways to kill Superman?

One Punch man in One punch, man.

Mr Burns.

Thanos.
Franklin Richards.

>Thanos who loses even with the Infinity Gauntlet.
user, did you forget that he was too tricky for his own good?

Valid point. I just think if he decided to let go of his own bullshit for 1 comic, he'd kill superman.

NEVER FORGET

>They haven't heard of Power Man

Come on guys

Sentry