/rlg/ - Reylo General

JJ can't save you now Edition

Will we have any official Reylo content this year (feel free to add anything you can think about on this list)?
>New Forces of Destiny episode featuring Reylo, voiced by Daisy and Adam (TBA)
>TLJ Novelization (March)
>TLJ Blu ray with bonus content (April)

Short videos:
vt.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_p1h9ryiaIf1sbaqt9_480.mp4
my.mixtape.moe/ggbhdm.webm
vt.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_p1emeonzTB1wyakm7_480.mp4

Long videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=qEYCYL_9jl8
youtube.com/watch?v=fTsqV71S0jo
youtube.com/watch?v=RqiOiU4nwwA
youtube.com/watch?v=7SdOQOxYtSE
youtube.com/watch?v=wXTjsLLK9_Q

Daisy resources:
Thread archive: archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/subject/reylo/
Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/7717552/chapters/17588110
lwos.life/2017/12/31/a-better-class-of-criminal-best-movie-villains-of-2017/
archiveofourown.org/works/7649818/chapters/17417038
screenrant.com/star-wars-8-script-abrams-johnson
heavy.com/entertainment/2013/06/j-j-abrams-star-wars-details-leaks-location-characters/
frankelassociates.com/calithwain/Heroine.htm
moviepilot.com/p/star-wars-the-last-jedi-jj-abrams-rian-johnson/4367795
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for cute Adam

Guess who isn't dead yet! It is I, the autist! Lol!

did rian really steal a fanfic?

I'm here! I'm alive!
Read it! Top kek! Sup Forums! Marblecake also the game!

Oh boy! another autism general! I can't wait for Kylo to end up with Rose, they are so kawaii together xD! ROLO IS THE ONLY TRUE SHIP!

lwos.life/2017/12/31/a-better-class-of-criminal-best-movie-villains-of-2017/

Our boy on the list (obviously the best character out of the ST)

You are wrong about the only true ship.
And thus the argument continues.

He really makes every performance around him look shitty. The power of actually trying in your acting job.

>Pic related
No he didn't. Antis continue to be mind-numbingly stupid and incredible naive. Fic was posted on January 2016, TLJ's script was finished many months before that, as a member of the LF story group said.

DAMAGE CONTROL
A
M
A
G
E

C
O
N
T
R
O
L

I can't believe Rian went this far in a Star Wars movie. The ABSOLUTE madman.

Yes... damage control... The autistic antis are back and posting this fic...
Also Canady.

>sped up
Ruins sensuality of that gesture. In the movie he takes it out slowly, almost like he's stripping for her.

>JJ never left
>JJ had no influence over the development of TLJ

The mouse needs to get its narrative straight, there are more contradictions in the reporting than a soviet five-year-plan at this point.

>autistic antis
You need to fuck off to tumblr/twitter and castrate yourself nu-male.

Filter shit out retard, not that hard not even for a Luuke fanboi.

snoke... whats goin on, big guy? you just tripped my force wife

Ihe gif isn't sped up. This is exactly how it happens in the movie. He starts pulling slowly, then it just pops off suddenly.

The new thread is dying as fast as the autistic shitposters can hit it!

All hail the mouse!

Except he's always been listed as an executive producer. Of course he knew shit.

What's your favorite Reylo sex dynamic? Pic related for me.

Is that right. I need to check the camrip again. Boy that bit gives me the belly butterflies.

Do people really think Snoke is dead?

Besides, if anything, being killed is just an upgrade for super powerful people like Yoda/Luke/Snoke because they become unkillable gods.

Who knows, maybe Snoke was dead even before TFA.

JJ didn't make any changes or even attempt to because he loved Rian's script. He even says he wished he wrote it himself. But he was there and approving every step of the way.

There's no contradiction here. Rian doesn't know anything about IX because he isn't involved at all, whereas JJ was an executive producer for TLJ.

reminder it was all a misunderstanding

Snoke's place in the narrative is finished unless they have him haunt Kylo to torment him forward. He always was just Kylo's stepping stone and backstory. That's it.

Rian Johnson keeps talking about stuff like "had to kind of get him out of the way for THIS movie" and "Kylo killing him will have an interesting effect on the snoke/kylo dynamic next film"

So it does sound like he isn't truly dead.

what im more worried about is chris terrio being involved.

They're reading way too much into it because even fucking Kylo doesn't really know what he wants. It was an impulsive decision and proposal because he desperately wanted Rey at his side while they destroyed everything he perceived as harming him. There was no big plan or thought out idea and there probably still isn't.

That's fucking retarded and makes no sense in the context of the scene.

The first order was literally killing her friends, shooting their ships down one by one. She says they have to stop them and he goes all edgelord saying "let the past go, kill it if you have to" and does nothing to stop the first order.
He literally wanted her to just kill everything, which is further demonstrated by the fact that he killed his dad, and snoke, to cut his ties with the past.

Rian literally never said that last one. What Rian has said is that Kylo is now the top dog and big bad and his aim for TLJ was to get him there. Snoke is done, move on. Maybe we'll get his backstory in some novel or something.

>denial
He ded.

Don't mistake others' mistakes for Terrio. Argo was good.

The only thing that worries me is that both Abrams and Terrio aren't great at character driven stories. They don't do emotional, which is where a character like Kylo and a relationship like Reylo draw their strength.

requesting kylo looking handsome surrounded by bishie sparkles

I hope not, but if we actually get to see the Knights of Ren again I might be okay with it. Kinda hard to judge the trilogy without having seen it fully.

Darth Maul survived the same injuries

JJ will bring back the Knights of Ren. He already loves them and TLJ just dropped backstory on them. I wouldn't be surprised if it was by JJ's request.

This. Snoke matters to the narrative insofar as to be a plot device for Kylo's rise as the complex big villain in the next one. His conflict will still be carried over to the next one which raises the stakes much more than if he was just another Palpatine. There's a strong possibility for insurgency within the ranks of the FO. I expect to see Hux attempting to take over. Still hoping we'll get to see the KoR.

Half OTP, half crackship, 100% better than FUCKING reylo now will you guys just fuck the fuck off the fucking interfuckinget!!!

Where do you guys even find this art? Half this shit is Korean. Where do they even post this?

>Darth Maul survived the same injuries
Well yeah, but not in the movies. And nobody wants a Snoke cartoon, probably.

I know Twitter tags to follow for non western fanart. Also, it goes around Tumblr eventually.

I still remember Alias JJ. Good times. But yeah I feel that IX will be very superficial and upbeat, shock full of frantic action scenes but I guess I can't complain that much. This ST now belongs to the kids.

>You can no longer take a rational guess at how the Snoke-Kylo thing is gonna play out in the next movie
He literally said this.

Wish they'd bring Johnson as an advisor or something, just for the reylo part. Maybe they will, in secret.

Because Snoke is dead. The context of that quote is that Rian purposefully trashed the master and apprentice bad guy dynamic we're used to in these movies. Now the master is dead, and the apprentice is on top. He's saying you can't expect Kylo to rise up and kill his big bad master as his redemption in IX. Now there's only himself.

He's gotta have his hands full for the new trilogy now?

Adam is a reylofag

I predict Kylo will lose a hand in 9, but not as an outcome of a lost duel, he'll sacrifice it to safe Rey in some way.

JJ was the original Reylo. I wouldn't worry too much about that. Though it may end up being a shallow and cliche end to that relationship and everything else in IX.

MILLICENT THE CAT IS CANON.

*drops mic*

That doesn't make sense though. With Snoke dead there should be nothing to play out in the next film, but the fact that he says it that way makes it seem like Snoke and Kylo will still have some kind of interaction there.

I predict that J.J. is going to go for a traditional happy fairytale ending where the romance wins out and the heroes win the day. A boring as fuck story, even if I want happy endgame Reylo.

Kylo will die in IX, hes a complex villain, played wonderfully by Driver, but hes still a villain.

Reylo was never going to be more than the cocktease in VIII

There are people out there genuinely believing that the writer and director of the second biggest franchise of the world would write a script without seeing the movie it precedes.

I was thinking exactly about that emotional depth. They're going to be guarding the script as usual, so if there's no need to know RJ won't be brought in in the know.

Yes it does. He's saying that people can't go "oh, I totally know what's going to happen with Snoke and Kylo in IX" because Snoke is dead now. He knew that if Snoke lived, people would assume that Kylo would rise against Snoke and that would be his character arc in IX. By killing Snoke early, Rian scrambled the easy ending and left everything even more open.

Read it in the context of the whole article. That's what he means. The Palpatine of the ST is gone in the second chapter, and that's a new dynamic in Star Wars.

Think logically about this, user. They barely want to give any answers. Do you really think Rian would just confirm that Snoke survived in a random interview?

Rian has already said he has nothing to do with IX because he's working on his own trilogy. I believe him.

After some digging I think I found a Reylo fanfic that works for all of us... ?\\archiveofourown.org/works/7649818/chapters/17417038

>He's saying that people can't go "oh, I totally know what's going to happen with Snoke and Kylo in IX" because Snoke is dead now
That's fucking obvious though, so saying it makes no sense.

No he won't. They're not going to kill their only chance at continuing the Skywalker saga. They say they don't want to now, but anyone with sense knows that the Mouse will keep the possibility in their pocket. Disney plays the long game.

>How does romantic dramas and character arcs work.
>How does killing the last Skywalker work.
Basic rule of screenwriting: you don't introduce important shit if it's never going to get picked up on. The fact that they've shown that the force bond is still active by the end of the movie will definitely factor in the major conflict in IX. Also a reminder that JJ always envisioned a romance for the ST with GL's obvious blessing.

The biggest reylofag

I know that, I just wish they'd bring him in for a little script doctoring.

He's saying that if he didn't kill Snoke, everyone would have obvious predictions for how the story went in IX. That's it.

Snoke is dead, user. Learn to read articles and context and accept it.

>he doesn't know about pottery
>he doesn't see that Rey is clearly Kylo's sister

This is so obvious it makes my head hurt. Also have fun watching Rey get BLACKED next movie, faggots.

PAGE 4! We're dying!

Kira and Jedi Killer having a romantic element was one of the earliest thought out storylines of the ST. Rey and Kylo are probably the only characters they've had basically mapped out from the start. Everything around them can be taken wherever, but they obviously had a solid idea of the Reylo plot from the start. It may have been up to the individual writers to take it wherever, but Rian had no plans to undo that part of JJ's writing. He took inspiration for the Reylo relationship directly from what JJ and others thought of for them.

Now JJ will finish what he started.

So Abrams was so heavily involved that he told Johnson "You know what, how about you turn every single setup I left in TFA into a red herring in TLJ? That'll work out wonderfully!"?

They already got massive shit for killing off Luke. If they cull the Skywalkers, this franchise is done for. People are unaware these movies are just the engine driving a much bigger train in the disney entertainment machine.

Some in tumblr, others in pixiv.

When Disney bought Star Wars, they bought it knowing they could get decades of play out of it. Anyone who thinks they'd end the chance to continue the Skywalker family drama 10, 20, maybe even 30 years from now depending on their plans is a complete idiot.

They'll tell new stories until enough time has passed where they can make bank on nostalgia again with a new Skywalker trilogy.

>Part 1

Those yaoi hands...

He's been on record saying he loved what RJ did. Also Rey Nobody was a go since TFA since Rian said that he arrived at the same conclusion that JJ did while writing the script. On the parentage theory there's no discussion. And you guys keep constantly forgetting that this is a trilogy. If you expect every single plot line to be neatly tied by the end of the second episode of course you'll be mad.

Wait, JJ actually said that ? Sauce me compadre

They are playing it smart here. The Skywalker name ends, but the Skywalker bloodline lives through Ben Solo. Kylo's children will be half Solo half Skywalker mixed with his wife bloodline tho. At first it looks like they want to get out of Skywalker dynasty, but the truth is they want to mix more powerful force-sensive bloodline with Skywalker, and it starts with Reylo

user don't you realize that people's personal feelings on Kylo Ren and space opera villainy are more logical tools to predict the ending of the ST than actual real world logic?

>Part 2

I wish I knew Japanese....

That op image: making shit up in response to fan outcries.

Is it just me or is Rey only seen as the main character by most people because she's going to become a jedi? Finn feels more like the real main character. He's had far more growth, follows the 'hero's journey' much better than Rey, and I'm pretty sure more screentime in both movies, but who cares, he's not the one wielding a laser sword.

Back in December 2015 - loved the script:
screenrant.com/star-wars-8-script-abrams-johnson

JJ said this years ago. TFA went through a lot of changes since he said that but the romance seems to have been one of the stickign factors.

Kylo feels like the protagonist of this movie and completely narratively overpowers Rey in his role. I don't see it changing in IX.

To elaborate, this is the article where JJ talked about romance for sure playing a central role. It was from back in 2013
heavy.com/entertainment/2013/06/j-j-abrams-star-wars-details-leaks-location-characters/

Yeah, I see what you mean. She really doesn't feel like a main character in either movie, but I guess Kylo overshadows both of them in TLJ.

He's THE Skywalker of the trilogy, so no wonder. Hidalgo's confirmed it a while ago, in the sense that it wouldn't be Luke's story as the main Skywalker anymore. Maybe Rey was a bit of a red herring as well.

The momomyth that GL and his ex-wife loved definitely fits with Finn since he's one of the leads anyway. Rey follows the heroine's journey. We're just still not used to see it on screen.

frankelassociates.com/calithwain/Heroine.htm

Where is he lads??

I just came out of one of the worst romances I've even seen on screen. It's a small wonder and a testament to reylo's greatness that here I am, excited about a romance after being so throughly traumatized by how awful was the shit I came out of. I thought I wouldn't be able to stand another romance for like ten years.

I think it's more likely that this article had false information.

>GL and his ex-wife

sorry, who is GL?

Except this was an interview done even before the premiere and eventual backlash, but nice try contrarian faggots.

George Lucas

moviepilot.com/p/star-wars-the-last-jedi-jj-abrams-rian-johnson/4367795

It's them both. They're the balance. His character is just more naturally charismatic (also played by a better actor) so it feels like he's the single lead. Both of them confronted their past even though Rey's arc was in service of his.

Which one user?

REYLO INTENSIFIES

Also Kylo's been following redemption arc to a T.