First Watch Of 2018

What was the first movie you watched in full in the new year?

Pic related, something people had told me to see in ‘17 but I never got around to. Just watched and HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

>the face shredding scene
First time I’ve actually, legitimately felt sick at seeing some grindhouse-y shit. I loved the slow-burn pace punctuated with sparks of violence.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4E25AgYFnd4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

S. Craig Zahler is shaping up to be my new favorite grindhouse director. Tarantino can't get over his black cock obsession and Robert Rodriguez was always just 'OK' to me.

Plus his next movie sounds awesome

>In "Dragged Across Concrete," a stolid, old guard policeman, Ridgeman (Gibson) and his volatile younger partner, Anthony (Vaughn), find themselves suspended when a video of their strong-arming tactics become the media’s special du jour. Low on cash and with no other options, these two embittered soldiers descend into the criminal underworld to gain their just due, but instead find far more than they wanted awaiting them in the shadows.

I’m almost scared to watch Bone Tomahawk knowing about the big scene in that.

Much as I respect Rodriguez as a shitty amateur wannabe filmmaker myself, I can see where you’re coming from there.

Fuck, I forgot that was being directed by this fucking guy. Damn, now I’m really excited for it.

It was pretty cool if a bit slow paced. The one scene that really made me uncomfortable was when he broke that guard's arm. My arm started tingling. But some of the scenes were kinda silly since you could tell it was fake like the jaw crush and the final scene.

I loved that slow-ass pace. Knowing it was gonna be violent made it feel so much more tense (the pickup scene in the boat nearly made me shit myself).

When the blood hits, it hits fucking HARD. Yeah the Jaw crush and last scene were kinda goofy but since it had been so damn well-made up to that point I almost didn’t care.

So I wasn't totally clear on the bad guys' plan. I know that there was no Chris Bridges, but what was their plan beyond that? Just beat the shit out of Vince until he died?

>I’m almost scared to watch Bone Tomahawk knowing about the big scene in that.
You really should. As much as I enjoyed Brawl, Tomahawk is a lot better. I haven't enjoyed just watching characters interacting as much as I enjoyed it in that movie in a long time.

basically. just keep him around as their gimp, torture him for payback.

>What was the first movie you watched in full in the new year?
It was alright.

I really liked this movie and I watched Bone Tomahawk just to prepare myself to the crazy shit we will get with mad mel next

Pretty fuckin’ underrated imo. Suspense was masterful in that.

I like Westerns but I dunno how I’d handle that one.

>coworker complains about watching nothing but shitty movies lately
>recommend this to him
>few days later tells me he loved it

There is still hope in the world.

Not a movie but I've been watching the british Poirot with Suchet. Its aight.

Dawn of the Dead. Great film, first time watching it, anyone has the tv rec of horror films?

Great movie. I thought I'm gonna hate it because it'll feel too long and I'll get bored to death before shit goes down, but no, I fucking loved it.

Can't wait for Zahler's Based Mel/Vaughn kino and I'm kind of curious about Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich.

Goddamn, it was good.

First movie I saw this year too, and it was fucking awesome. Can't wait to see Zhaler next work

Was raised on Suchet’s Poirot. Good shit.

Haven’t ever gotten around to seeing it, but i’ll try this year.

One of the best of 2017.

>Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich.
W-what?

If you liked the movie watch Shot Caller next

Thursday (1998)
Holy fuck had I never seen this. It's kino. Kept getting better. That 90s aesthetic.

This director is so based

I watched It Comes At Night.

I thought it was pretty good.

Zahler wrote it.

Kino indeed. Skip Woods is a fucking hack but he got lucky with this movie.

I love the scene where Porizkova seductively talks to Jeter about gay stuff to fuck with him.

Thomas Jane is underrated.

It's pretty good. Mexicans get shot for being Mexican at night

I watched this. I really like John Carpenter and I heard of this movie and it ended up being pretty awesome. It's pretty scary I suppose, much better than most horror movies these days, but mostly a mind fuck.

>Sup Forums will defend this

Im taking my gf to sed Jumanji tonight, shoot me in the head bros

that ending
fucking perfect

I laughed 2bh because it was so insane and the metal music was so fitting. It was kind of a nice moment oddly enough lol.

I was recommended this by a friend. Absolutely loved it.

Pic related

Absolute trash movie. Bad script, bad acting, bad story, bad cinematography.

Why the fuck was the cartel just chilling in the bottom of the prison? Why is being put in the pedo wing a worse punishment than being in a literal room full of shit? Why was therer only TWO guards on duty at a MAXIMUM SECURITY prison, and ones that got beat and killed by a tortured man? No cameras or anything down there.

i watched an old navy c.i.s. episode with my parents, then i started the new king arthur film but gave up after 60 minutes, god fucking dammit this movie was terrible. fuck guy ritchie for shoehorning his meme tricks into a fucking fantasy setting, shit looks horrendous.

I looked Woods up afterward, never directed another film. Still getting high paying script work for garbage though. Why isn't Thursday better known? For the N-word stuff? Was it considered a QT knockoff in '98? Jane is incredibly untapped decades later. His turn as Todd in Boogie Nights, everyone's fav scene, yet 1/10 people even know it's Jane. Always thought Eckhart and Jane had similarities, a dream to see this. Thought I'd seen all kino ever made, great way to start '18.

>Anything wrong with the night stick and the non-chalant walk to fighting position
I wasnt too big on the film but this gave me a good laugh

brawl in cell block 99 was the best 2017 movie, by far

not enough faggots in bat suits and shaky cam for ya, soyboy?

>(Gibson)
Have heard nothing about this film and don't want to Google this because I'm scared of being disappointed, but please, PLEASE tell me this is THE Gibson...

I'll love you forever, user. Please tell me what I need to hear. My loins are burning. My body is ready.

Yes,its Mad Mel

based quads of truth

>Todd in Boogie Nights, everyone's fav scene, yet 1/10 people even know it's Jane
Fuck you I had no idea! Fucking one of my fav films as well, and Jane is one of my most beloved underrated actors. I feel ashamed for not knowing this.

However, god damn, just rewatched "the scene" and Jane's acting is marvelous. Usually he has a fair amount of screen presence but he just seems totally different as Todd. Even looks smaller.

>Yes,its Mad Mel
I will fellate you.

i hope zahler makes a ww1 epic down the road

Post the guard fight

It's Tyrese

If Shane Black doesn't give Tom Jane at least a few classic scenes/lines I'm gonna be so fucking pissed.

In The Predator, that is.

Holy shit you're a dumbass. How could you not know that was Jane?

'twould be based!

do you read Sutter Cain?

It got better as it went on but the set-up was way too ponderous and filmed like a soap opera with a distractingly blue colour filter. There were a lot of shots and even scenes that could have been cut from the final edit

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

It wasn't really that good.

Rewatched La La Land best new year and christmas movie along side Its a wonderful life.

La La Land was dishonest

Which ending did you see? The one on Netflix where they all die is shit. The best ending has two of them live, it's great.

all die

Unknown Soldier (2017)
>Biggest budget for a Finnish film
>About $7,000,000
In all honesty, one of the better depictions of war I've seen.

fucking finnish spurdo sparde vittu saatana perkele

Watched it today. Its a pretty fucking good documentary

people do realize that the violence was supposed to look that surreal? that is why it's so memorable and so many people got disturbed by it. it's "fake" looking with purpose

I asked Sup Forums what to watch yesterday, and someone said Problem child 2. user got dubs too so I'm going to watch problem Child too

kek
gotta earn that paycheck

youtu.be/4E25AgYFnd4

This kind of sucked. Felt like i was watching a steven seagal movie.