Why were all the brown people in LOTR evil?

Why were all the brown people in LOTR evil?

They weren't evil.

Why are all the brown people in real life evil?

Accuracy?

wasn't treebeard a good guy?

Looks like an Australian dude with camo paint on

Tolkien wrote the book around the time that blacks were savages and the ottoman empire existed.

Keep in mind that slavery was long illegal in the west and both those savages still practiced it proudly.

Why did all the brown people in lote attack white people constantly while the white people lived in peace?

>around the time that blacks were savages
So every day every generation every century

They had nothing else to live for. Orcs raided their homes and starved them out. It was fight in the army or die.

It's how it works IRL

These guys were proof that Sauron and co werent just mindlessly evil baddies who wanted to destroy everything.
Perfectly sane and uncorrupted human kingdoms lent a hand with the knowledge they would gain from the alliance.

I wouldn't go so far as to call them evil so much as warlike.

because god spoke through tolkien's pen

Because they were from a country that had allied with the evil side. LOTR takes place in less than a quarter of the world's map.

You see pirate scum and smelly face-tattooed BDSM faggots riding mutant elephants, I see doctors and engineers.

Really makes ya think

post full map

No, it was legal for a while.

because they blew up the towers never4get

they just are dubsman, they just are

The movies were clearly racist.

The books were not.

they were striving for realism on than one

>77

I think it is reasonable to assume people who live in the sunny desert would evolve to have darker skin, just like how it is in real life

The books were exactly the same in this regard.

Much of Sauron's human army were brown people from far away lands.

The one thing the movie lacked was the short cavemen-type people that were on the good side, though they weren't in the books much.

In addition to Gandalf and Saruman, there were also two Blue Wizards sent to Middle Earth. One went to fantasy-Africa and one went to fantasy-Asia.

Unfortunately both were corrupted by Sauron, so instead of rallying against him, the dumb fucks got all the brown people to join him

Checked. Shit colored people dont deserve life.

Black Numenoreans had white skin.

I find great solace in the fact that we will forever have an untainted LOTR triology.

Because Tolkien wrote them that way. That's the whole point. He wrote all the foreign, brown people as violent savages.

they had whitey raiding villages in rohan to make up for it

wtf i like lord of the rings now

Umm, probably because it was written by a guy who was in the trenches fighting against them?

It kind of probably helped him to keep his sanity to project his own experiences into the book, so to question their skin colour is quite literally asking why a white pre-50's author/soldier depicted the enemies in his books as the enemies he fought IRL.

Such a question lacks intelligence, unless you don't know the origin of the books, in which case it's more a lack of knowledge, in which case, fair enough, but now you know.

It's the last bastion of whiteness representing Western values through a source written in better, simpler times.

I'm sorry user.

Wait wtf are you talking about Somma lies in France not some 3rd world brown shithole.

Thats a maori

France doesn't exist user.

[citation needed]

and?

colored user here, wish you guys would just get to race warring and shut the hell up.

To send a warning signal to other animals.

no way
RotK right? Give me the time.

Because Tolkiens fantasy is based heavily in Wagner where the various races are allegory for the races of man.

In Wagner
Men - Men
Dwarves - Jews (this has gotten the most convoluted since then, but in Wagner they were greedy insular communities that hoarded gold, not men who were mighty with axes)
Elves - Asians
Orcs - Negroes

If you think about it, even in fantasy hints that they represent different races of man still exist.

Orcs are a primitive people who have open trenches to shit in, fight with rudimentary pointy jagged pieces of metal primitively forged together. Live in mud huts. They are stronger than men but far dumber.

You may wish to reconsider Tolkein being 'your guy' if you hate Jews

>If I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people.

My great-great-grandfather came to England in the eighteenth century from Germany: the main part of my descent is therefore purely English, and I am an English subject—which should be sufficient.

I have been accustomed, nonetheless, to regard my German name with pride, and continued to do so throughout the period of the late regrettable war, in which I served in the English army.

I cannot, however, forbear to comment that if impertinent and irrelevant inquiries of this sort are to become the rule in matters of literature, then the time is not far distant when a German name will no longer be a source of pride.

Shitposting is more fun apparently

You don't have to like what a person does to respect their capabilities.

It's at about 57mins into the extended version.

That guy was cool as fuck

Bro, I don't hate anyone, and honestly, it's 4 in the morning where I'm at and I've been drinking over the night. I could have wrote that better. But I mean Wagner adapted Teutonic/Nordic mythology and used it to make commentaries on race.

In his operas,
Men - Whites
Dwarves - Jews (yes he usually cast them as greedy insular short bearded men who were evil)
Elves - Asians
Orcs - Negroes

When Tolkien wrote LoTR he borrowed very heavily from Wagner's Ring Cycle (Nibulungenlied). I don't think Tolkien intended any type of racial commentary but him borrowing a lot of themes and racial traits of fantasy races, made the allegory still visable. You can still see hints of what Wagner intended of the fantasy races in anyone who borrowed from Tolkien (virtually all fantasy).

I hope that clarifies, my half asleep drunk writing might have made it seem like I sympathize with Wagner's commentary on race, I don't, but I do respect his operas, compositions, and ability to tell a story.

It's ok not to give a fuck that your heros suck jew cock but you're delusional bashing jews and lauding them in the same breath, like you're doing with Tolkein there. Don't kid yourself into thinking Tolkien agreed with you about Jews, he would have despised you for it.

ok lad, you're alright, i just get triggered when Sup Forums deludes itself into thinking /lotr/ is made for them

it was before the jews made everything fantasy

Not once does he specify that they are evil. There’s even a whole monologue about Frodo or Sam wondering where a Southron dead soldier came from and what drove him into this war (if he was threatened by Mordor or was lied to about the men of Gondor) and if he had a family he left behind. Orcs and certain men are presented as evil in the books but it has nothing to do with their skin colour. Orcs at their base aren’t evil, they’re driven by an evil force.

Do you mean
>It was before jews made everything. Everything they make is fantasy.
or
>Jews used to not make everything into fantasy, but now they do
?

Because there was like 2 of them and LoTR is eurocentric setting, because Europe used to be the home of Europeans instead of foreign welfare queens, who hate your culture but are perfectly fine to receive handouts from what this culture produces.

>Orcs at their base aren’t evil, they’re driven by an evil force
hmmmm i don't quite agree with that.
I always saw there was this LOTR thing where evil physically manifested itself, with orcs, Theoden, and Smaegol.

Smaegol's brief redemption makes you think he might have had capacity for good left in him, and therefor that orcs might also though.

The Easterlings are capable of morality but the Orcs are literally evil personified.

If you allow me the meme: Tolkien was a hack.
He clearly wrote the orcs as inherently evil race, but later realized that an irredeemable race went against his Christian morals, so came up with a half assed explanation to fix his cognitive dissonance. Didn't work out though.

Reminder Tolkien was super liberal and anti-racism
He also hated nazi germany and admired jews

In LOTR you literally have this guy trying to convince Theoden not to take in war refugees because Rohan cannot support them. You're this guy.

Different races of people coming together in fellowship and disgarding their biases towards each other is like the central theme of LOTR

>b-b-but they're all white

absolutely delusional. These are the same people that cry about women and sjw ruining movies with feminism but ignore the fact the LOTR screenplay was written by women, and had all the changes in it that they normally cry about.

These refugees are other Men of the West not Uruks who got BTFO of Isengard. Your analogy sucks

begone fool !

Stop larping, soyboy.

On that matter do you build all your political opinions arround creating analogies to adolescent fantasy stories?

See and

If anything you are Saruman.

'The age of nations are over, you can't stop ineviteable progress, Gandalf. It is not wise to anger the dark lord Mohammed, even though he is the more radical epitome of what we ridiculed in other religions. Our soyboy tactics won't work here, Gandalf. Let's not get beheaded and be bed partners with radical islam under the guise of tolerance.'

I love how you're spewing utter bullshit while smuggishly trying to come off as intelligent. Yes, Tolkien fought niggers in trenches over in africa, totally.

jackson knows browns aren't human, just as tolkien did

>He also hated nazi germany and admired jews

No wonder he depicted Muslims as allies of Sauron then. Because you know, that's what really happened.

It’s stated many times they they serve out of fear and hatred for their masters. Once Sauron goes they become mindless beats. Hardly evil

>colored
Like a dildo?

Shhhhhhhh, Sup Forumstards will hear you

>Keep in mind that slavery was long illegal in the west and both those savages still practiced it proudly.
there was a human zoo in belgium where cultured gentlemen came to see savage black people in the 50's

The inverse is true for you cunts
All your opinions on films come from your 'politics'.

Well, lotr isn't 'your film', its starkly in conflict with your ideology, and you only like it because you first saw it before your brain was rotted by an echo chamber.

That was like a very temporal exhibition showing different cultures in their respective routine. Akin to many pseudo historical villages for tourists today.
Spare me the outrage culture.

Because they are in real life too?

Tolkien was born in 1892

>However, slavery and the slave trade in Ottoman Empire continued for decades, as legal texts like the above were not backed by a penalty system. It was not until 1871 that a circular of July 20 of that year introduced the penalty of one year's imprisonment for those who practiced the slave trade.

I answered the highly politicized question why there are not 'more brown people' in a european fantasy setting with demographics. Try again you faggot. And no lotr is not 'ourfilm', it's a pretty blatant analogy of WW2.
I am not even your typical poltard, you are just projecting because everyone not wearing a chastity ring arround his tiny cock is a full blown nazi for you.

Fuckin kek

>I answered the highly politicized question why there are not 'more brown people' in a european fantasy setting with demographics.
Because there was like 2 of them and LoTR is eurocentric setting, because Europe used to be the home of Europeans
Yep, that's an alright answer
>I am not even your typical poltard
instead of foreign welfare queens, who hate your culture but are perfectly fine to receive handouts from what this culture produces.
maybe continuing your answer into archetypal Sup Forums sperging didn't represent you well?
>lotr is a pretty blatant analogy of WW2.
It's arguable, but Tolkein himself would have strongly disagreed with you.

>hurr why is a dude born in the 19th century racist

Kek no. He supported franco during the spanish civil war and was a hyper traditionalist catholic.

that's not what projecting means btw,

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

You don't have to go full 1488 to get annoyed by the retroactive projection of current undesirable demographic developments.
Not wanting millions of ultra chauvinistic and theocratic muslims in your country should not even be considered right wing.

I thought the Haradrim and Easterlings were pretty cool, wished we could have seen more of them in action.

It's really not possible to quantify Tolkien's politics with the absurd current american binary.

these movies are treasures of a time before social justice and the rest of (((their))) bullshit got turned up to max

"If I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people.
My great-great-grandfather came to England in the eighteenth century from Germany: the main part of my descent is therefore purely English, and I am an English subject—which should be sufficient.
I have been accustomed, nonetheless, to regard my German name with pride, and continued to do so throughout the period of the late regrettable war, in which I served in the English army.
I cannot, however, forbear to comment that if impertinent and irrelevant inquiries of this sort are to become the rule in matters of literature, then the time is not far distant when a German name will no longer be a source of pride."
--JRR Tolkien, 1938

He was also briefly a member of the National Front and long time subscriber to the magazine of its co-founder.

>supported franco
>super liberal

hmm its just really so nuanced and eurocentric americans wouldn't understand

buck up, buttercup

>americans wouldn't understand

Go easy on 'em, they had a hard enough time learning to walk on their hind legs.

right...

Niggers aren't people