How do we fix the Mary Sue problem?

How do we fix the Mary Sue problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/RetaleGames/featured?disable_polymer=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is this even from?

Damn thats bad lol. There is no stopping it btw

It's from TOR, everyone is overpowered there.

The fuck is this? Rey training her padawan in the next SoyWArs flick?

>Rey training her trans daughter in the next SoyWars flick
ftfy

Good well written characters, there that's all.

So do girls really feel empowered by this fictional garbage?

yes, haven't you seen all the articles about how Star Wars is showing the real power of women and all that shit

wait until Black Panther, it will be worse

By stopping your obsession with Mary Sues and other Baby's First Writing Basics 101 memes.

You can't. Womyn need to be portrayed as perfect beings.

What is this from

>defending this
expected

Actually, the exact opposite.

When media has a female character who's stronger and smarter and braver and better and a natural leader, it only makes young girls relate more to the boy characters.

No but a vocal minority do.
>sub 100iqs only watch fast and furious type shit
>~100s dont care about nerd culture, still taboo
>the offshoot of the 100iqs that does like it eats it up and tries to tell the others how they should like the same things because it's the right side of history
Really though, anyone with a marginally better than average brain can see it's just shit writing and that can take them out.

Imagine if she were a boy, though.

the girl is evil and psychotic

I remember quite distinctly how unconvincingly the Sucker Punch cast tried to sell basically this same angle in interviews. They said out loud that it was "empowering," but there was no real passion there and a distinct sense that it was a canned line they had to say.

I'm not sure women even care about being "empowered" for the most part.

Vaylin isn‘t a mary sue tho
>daughter of the most powerful sith in the galaxy
>recieved extensive training
>socially inept
>overshadowed by her brothers
>hated by everyone for being a dangerous cunt
>has no moral compass and has no friends
all she has is power, and not by grace of being a womyn, but by grace of being Darth Tenebraes daughter.

Now you know how women have felt since forever.

a tortanic expansion trailer

>he thinks being an outcast (for being "too powerful") doesn't make a character even more or a mary sue
Fanfiction 101

you should read up on the definition or mary sue. She‘s a Coldsteele character, but not a sue. Also everyone in her family is that powerful, but her brothers are actually liked and respected by the people. Just shows that women havw no self control, much like Marey Sue

This is from an expansion to the MMORPG Star Wars The Old Republic. In this expansion, and I swear I am not making this up, both the Republic and the Sith are beat up by a super cool third faction called the Eternal Empire. They live in a planet called Zakuul, which looks like Coruscant if buildings were also growing out of the sky. Their father inexplicably wears a 19th century military uniform, their armies are led by two generic shaved head military white guys. Their Knights are like Jedi and Sith but just better. They have a giant fleet that can beat up any other fleet. The entire expansion is a Mary Sue. It's the cringiest shit since starkiller.

Yeah? but why can't they make their own stuff though?, why do they have to ruin a long established franchise created entirely by a man?

Yeah, girls lack reasoning and the sense of training so it's okay for them

She isn't a sue, her dad is though.

Nobody should be surprised whatsoever that the writing in TOR is complete dogshit.

Stop hiring feminist writers, producers and CEOs.

since when do women admire eachother?

overly expensive promotional materiel for a shitty rushed game that's not even 1/10th as detailed as the video

That isn't a Mary Sue moment because she is clearly depicted as abusing her power and doing something wrong.

Now if everyone was congratulating her for what she did then it would be a Mary Sue moment

Men and women only feel empowered when they are succeeding in their biological imperative. Any deviation from that is a sign of mental health issues.

She's not a mary sue. Shes just strong.

I don't think they really believe it though. At the other end of every clickbait article like that is someone who's trying to make a living off their writing, and they know what gets clicks.

Maybe by getting your ass from your comfortable chair and not insisting that people, who are critcizing the projection of hyperfeminist retardation into mainstream media 'are just equally bad'

Dropping that pseudo centrist feel-good rethoric would be a start

kek

Yeah women are strong and independant but need validation from fictional people and events

Don'T forget quotas and special programmes.

not really. all my ten year old sister wants to do is play video games, watch weird movies/cute animal vids and make slime. not sure, but i think the only people who like this type of shit are older perverts and lesbians who fantasize about having a power trip in their useless lives.
this. women can't fucking stand each other.

the Knights of the Old Republic MMO.

It's a paid expansion for "end game content"; that's one of the cinematics. Basically it introduces a "grey" force user faction called the "eternal order".

I can forgive a lot of bad writing but the Eternal Order expansion is just painful writing. Every chapter; "we need to do xyz to win!" -> do xyz ->cinematic at the end forces an ending which invalidates all your efforts for the past 2 hours, then next chapter "well xyz failed, lets try qrs this time, this will give us victory!" ->do qrs -> defeated one of the main antagonists -> dues ex machina occurs and main antagonist gets away, while one of your comrades decides to steal your spaceship making the chapter a net loss. Next chapter "we need to take this planet to keep the rebellion alive!" -> 2 hours later cinema scene which invalidates all efforts occurs

rinse and repeat.

Play KOTOR for the character story from lvl.1-55. Don't play it for the "end game" lvl. 55-70 shit.

it's all painful.

How do you fix any of the like half dozen common storytelling mistakes? People will just keep on writing shit from now until the end of the human race.

TORTANIC was Sup Forums's golden age

>half dozen
I meant two dozen

Don't forget their leader is the Sith Emperor who is like the most powerful Sith lord ever. Fuck I hate Tor.

So they copied that stupid faction from the Legacy comic?

i'll be honest in my 23 years i knew i still had many years to read stupid shit but i'll be fucking amazed if this dyke John Travolta looking mother fucker is ever topped

Looks way more interesting than tlj desu...

>Play KOTOR for the character story from lvl.1-55.
Is it actually worth it? I disliked KOTOR a fair amount compared to the sequel, but at the same time I really enjoy learning how MMO classes play.

I played one character in SWTOR, the game outside of the story is nothing special. I've watched most of the stories here though. Some of them are pretty good.

youtube.com/user/RetaleGames/featured?disable_polymer=1

>Girls feel empowered by this kind of shit
>Try to stand up to boys
>Get their shit beat out of them
And all is right with the world.