How the fuck can Hollywood still not write good female leads when Sigourney Weaver exists?

How the fuck can Hollywood still not write good female leads when Sigourney Weaver exists?

Has she EVER done a role that wasn't a stellar example of a commanding female figure? Even when she's supporting cast she exemplifies a fully formed character that defies stereotypical norms simply by how complete it is.

So how the FUCK do they keep making huge mistakes like Ghostbusters '16 or The Last Jedi? Like seriously just watch a movie from the fucking 80's holy fucking shit

Ask Miyazaki. He's been complaining about this for decades.

>can't get good female (voice) actresses because all of them who audition are imitating stupid cutesy bullshit they see on TV

I'm pretty sure the same thing is happening here in the West. The selection pressures are on young, dumb, emotionless sex symbols. There's a reason the same three legit female actresses get the same roles and same nominations year after year. No one's stepping up to compete in their space.

They would only be making mistakes if (You)r happiness is their goal.

They're killing and raping it if money were their goal.

Miyazaki is pretty bitter, Senpai. And all Japs sound squeaky like that

Go through Miyazaki's entire catalogue and find me one squeaky voice kawaii desu ne XDDDD female performance. I'll wait.

While you're at it, read past the first word of my post and respond to the actual point.

>No one's stepping up to compete in their space.

I know it was technically last year, but they only just now took down Weinstein.

You'll probably be bitching about a fat black woman winning because she's not your idea of a kino starlet next year, tho.

I will gladly applaud a fat black woman if she nails the role. I don't care about all this diversity posturing bullshit. Just give me good performances.

Marvel's Defenders was written so poorly as to completely waste Sigourney. It's pretty annoying as fuck.

thats bullshit. there are archetypes of every waifu conceivable in animu

If he wasn't making ruse, he probably just hasn't listened to enough spoken Japanese to realize how exaggeratedly cartoonish most female anime characters sound compared to normal 3dpd. Unless a girl has a really deep chest voice, properly enunciated Japanese makes it hard to not sound high-pitched compared to most Western languages if you don't have testicles.

That entire show felt like the Defenders sitting around waiting for good reviews from the internet so their show won't suck.

good female leads are so rare its sad

Because contrary to common believe, most movie writers are actually fucking idiots. They are usually the low tier writers. who are too stupid to write even a half pence romance novel.

The best actors are fucking nothing without good writing and direction. Watch the scripted banter in award shows, they make veterens look like amateurs.

Too bad Marvel's Defenders sucked.. It's a stain on her career desu

>Too bad Marvel's Defenders sucked..
yeah

>It's a stain on her career desu
nah

She was the best part of that series. She made even that crap work and it was glaring how much better she was than the main cast.

I'd love to see the metrics on that show. I bet more than half the viewers stopped watching when her character died.

Damon Lindlof, Ehren Kruger, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are proof of this. I'm amazed they continue to have careers writing so many borderline retarded scripts for blockbuster movies.

Hollywood, as always, pushes meta-narratives based on current trends to influence the minds of the masses. The current narrative is a false sense of progression via empowerment of females, minorities and the LGBTQ crowd, in order to sow discord among laymen with differing opinions.

Simply put, recent female characters are more shallow so that the more gullible portion of the population will have yet another reason to be at odds with the portion that thinks more critically, thus providing one more distraction from critical issues.

No one that isnt jewish

>females
>being good at leading anything
Sorry to break it to you kiddo, everything your Marxist professors have told you has been a lie.

t. guy watching season 3 of the Island where the women have spent more time crying and begging the Men for food & shelter for the last 8 episodes

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

Because no one like her - cause she is WHITE

> and ugly