I think the whole "Movies women can never understand" meme is pretty silly...

I think the whole "Movies women can never understand" meme is pretty silly, but I think this might actually be a example of it.

I don't actually see how you could really get what's going on in the holographic Joi scene on anything but a superficial level if you don't have firsthand experience with sexuality as a lonely, introverted male.

Other urls found in this thread:

rogerebert.com/balder-and-dash/tears-of-a-machine-the-humanity-of-luv-in-blade-runner-2049
youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do you think the film did so poorly at the box office?

It hit too close to home for the chads and the women couldn't get it.

It's a movie about love, bitches love movies about love.

>so poorly at the box office?
What are you talking about. 258 for a budget 185 max is doing great

No they don't. They love movies where a woman lives a lavish lifestyle even if her character is supposed to be "poor" and is fought over by multiple attractive and powerful men and never faces any hardship other than the misogynist idea that she should have to commit to just one man.

Women can never understand this film because it portrays a men who is desperate enough to use a bot for love. Women have never this issue. They are always wanted. Even the ugliest of them. Seriously just go check their Tinder. No matter how fucked up they look you can bet there is always a ton of thirsty fucks lusting for them.

It speaks to the fundamental evolutionary difference between man and woman - the gender that has to fight for a mate and the gender where a mate is given and is even free to choose between multiple mates. K is the Average Joe on a figurative level.

not when most marketing budgets are the same if not more than the actual cost of the movie

no, doing great would mean 3x/4x your budget

it's a bad movie.

According to wikipeida 7% of the audience were female, so yeah this is p much Master and Commandercore

There was an anime that came out last season where the plot was so intrusive with WOMENS FANTASY that I couldn't even pay attention to it anymore and just straight up knew a female wrote it. Females were a mistake.

>Figurative level

On literally level you mean.
>You're special, I'll give you a proper name
>You're my special Joe
>*Last Joi scene*
>Oh you look like a good (average) Joe!
>Tfw

Wiki isn't a source.

Wow that was a whole lot of dumb words to say
>lol neet incel nerd!

Quoting from the Variety magazine breakdown of viewer demographics for the film, Donald Clarke for The Irish Times indicated that female audiences seemed alienated from it; just eight percent of its audiences were females under 25.[106]

k
y
s

This is definitely a manly movie some of the themes are not going to resonate with women.

Actually, the reason women can't understand this film is because it's about a character who pursues a sense of self through independent thought and action while rejecting the demands of social groups.

>Blade Runner 2049
>marketing budget

What did you mean by this?

>people like this are allowed to drive, allowed to vote and allowed to have children

did anyone else get turned on a little by giant peachy smooth vulva

She's a product of weak fathers.

>i cannot read film;the blog

Watch for Goose in a remake of Taxi Driver. Screenshot this post.

This.

Who will tell her nobody gives a shit about female personality? If we did the gender would go extinct.

The thing that makes me sad for the state of movies is that something like this, that taps into male loneliness in such an original and interesting way, is a financial failure. Whereas Star Wars, with its female characters without a hint of femininity and its male characters without a hint of proper masculinity that just turns everyone into a generic, sexless blob, is a success. Same with the Marvel movies that operate on exactly the same level.

Films like this are only going to become less and less viable as the industry slowly becomes nothing but low budget indies and the most generic of sexless PG-13 flicks.

More to do with the fact that nobody knows what the Blade Runner even is. I don't even understand how this sequel got made considering how niche the first one was. What did they even expect?

>I think the whole "Movies women can never understand" meme is pretty silly
It's not. History's greatest poets and writers are male.

I talked about BR2049 with a (((girl)) and she actually thinks K saved Deckard to help the resistance. She also felt the ending was rushed and the reasons for K "helping the resistance" made no sense..

Because it's a sequel of a movie that also bombed. Normies and women don't like or care about it. That's all there is to it. They were stupid to think that this movie would make money.

They were, but it's a good thing for the world.

Dragged there by their boyfriends. When I saw it virtually everyone in the audience was a guy with their gf. The guy sitting next to me had a dumb hoe with him that was laughing all the time at moments that weren't funny and talking about plot points and plot twists. She also kissed her bf for some reason when K and Joi had sex.

>She also kissed her bf for some reason when K and Joi had sex.
She wanted attention during a sexual/emotional scene because the idea of even a film character gaining attention for those reasons from her bf annoyed her.

This,

spot on. Women do this shit all the time and it's fucking annoying.

Women don't understand this movie because higher ideals and purpose are outside of the scope of women. Otto Weininger wrote about this. Men have always been expendable and made to live and die for or at the powers of things greater than themselves. The greatest triumph for a man is to succeed his own existence and be able to touch something mightier than his own life. Women are inherently selfish, they only see everything as it relates to either them, or other women, who they project themselves upon.

This is why all women could get out of BR2049 was that it was misogynist and all the women are whores or slaves. They ignore the suffering of all men such as Deckard or K, a literal slave hated by everybody, they only see that women have a low station and get offended. They see tits on display and are upset that in this future men have found a way to see tits beyond their control, even though the pain of K and Joi being unable to reciprocate their relationship physically is such an important part of their relationship. Their reactions are wholly animal.
This movie is basically a litmus test for why women's opinions are idiotic.

I'm not one to defend women, but FMA was written by a woman and is surprisingly on point with what it means to be a man. Something even most male authors struggle to illustrate.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

Sounds like kino.
Whats the name?

BESides Wallace..... who wasn’t in some way a slave to something else?

Madam was a very strong female character, and the two black guys where very important. One being a doctor and the other running a large human resource temp agency.

Even Wallace was a slave, he was enslaved by his inadequacy. This was a guy who had reached the pinnacle of success in the world and thought of himself as literally the new God, but he couldn't create true life, only imperfect beings whose failure reflected his own imperfection of being blind.
Pretty much everyone in the movie was being tortured by some shit aspect of their own nature that was impossible to overcome.

I can guarantee you that most women didn't give a single fuck about this film. The trailer alone is off putting for a female normie. You get a kino vibe and this is equated to nerds by women.

I kinda agree but you're generalizing it too much. There were many women that. sacrificed themselves for my country and many pussy "men" that only cared about themselves. Also men are much more selfish when it comes to children as women would sacrifice their lives much more willingly in general to safe them.

So a cat lady might understand it?

Can you imagine missing the point this much?

Women don't really have a lack of empathy, they seem to suffer for having too much of it.
Most normal women I know find it easy to identify with male film/tv characters regardless of how beta they are.

The reason women can fuck you over is that they'll sympathise with a loser in a movie but if a similar loser breathes the same air as them they'll feel like their safe space is being invaded.

>Also men are much more selfish when it comes to children as women would sacrifice their lives much more willingly in general to safe them.

You act as if heroism isn't egoistic.

It did good at box office, it was just a very expensive movie. The fact that you’re following box office so closely says a lot about your status as a paid shill.

Movie watchers don’t care about box office. Industry insiders do. Which one are you?

Most people don't get this movie, man or woman. Aside from the little love story with K and Joi it's a confusing, poorly written movie.

Not really, it's just an open movie, it presents questions but doesn't answer them. You might not like that, but it's unfair to say it's poorly written because of that.

>movie makes sure to hit the audience over the head with flashbacks several times to make sure the audience understands important plot reveals
>people still complain the movie was confusing and poorly written

There are lot of women whi understand this movie.

Ugly 3/10 women specially

>how did Drive find the convoy that was carrying Han Solo?
>wouldn't the bad guys search the shallow water the car sunk into and realize Ford wasn't in the car?
>why didn't anyone just track Gosling's police car?
>why did Leto need to take Deckard offworld to torture him?
>why are there no security cameras anywhere in this world?
>Love comes in the facility and steals bones, no one seems to care until a couple days later
>Love comes to look for K, kills the boss lady and presumably the entire LAPD is fucking wiped out because no one cares or nothing happens after the boss is killed
>Mr. God Emperor Jared Leto is very excited to meet Ford and deeply invested in him
>Sends him off with Love and two fags to go "home" presumably somewhere to be tortured
>They get intercepted, Mr. God emperor doesn't know or care, love dies, ford is saved
>The brilliant genius of the literal century either doesn't know or care, and Ford can freely go visit the daughter

the answer to all these problems is either weak or non-existent.

It’s the same thing that happens with Nolan movies. Inception is 80% exposition, but it’s “too confusing” even though Nolan literally has to write pages worth of trite dialogue just for these brainlets to understand the basic concept... and they STILL don’t get it.

>an feminist
How do people like this get paid to write trash? Who gives an fuck what they think?

So basically, your whole argument is "The movie didn't explicitly tell me why X happened, so it can't happen"?

>how did Drive find the convoy that was carrying Han Solo?
Shouldn't be hard for a cop to track air traffic, especially since only cops and rich people can own Spinners.
>wouldn't the bad guys search the shallow water the car sunk into and realize Ford wasn't in the car?
In case you didn't realize why the spinner was filling up with water, it was drifting out into the ocean.
>why didn't anyone just track Gosling's police car?
There will be ways for police cars to hide their signature/location.
>why did Leto need to take Deckard offworld to torture him?
There will be no one offworld who would help him/bust him out. Wallace also seems to hold even more power off-world and can most likely do as he wishes. It also seperates Deckard from earth where his child is most likely still alive.
>why are there no security cameras anywhere in this world?
Because the original didn't and it's keeping in line with the world established by the original movie.
>Love comes in the facility and steals bones, no one seems to care until a couple days later
They certainly care, but since the whole deal of the pregnant replicant was supposed to be kept on the low they can't make a big deal out of it.
>Love comes to look for K, kills the boss lady and presumably the entire LAPD is fucking wiped out because no one cares or nothing happens after the boss is killed
What makes you say that no one cares? The plot focuses on K, who at this point has already left LA. He wouldn't find out about it since he's gone into hiding.

Had to split cause the reply was getting too long.

>Mr. God Emperor Jared Leto is very excited to meet Ford and deeply invested in him
>Sends him off with Love and two fags to go "home" presumably somewhere to be tortured
>They get intercepted, Mr. God emperor doesn't know or care, love dies, ford is saved
>The brilliant genius of the literal century either doesn't know or care, and Ford can freely go visit the daughter
Just because the movie doesn't show you a dozen search teams combing the sea wall for evidence doesn't mean nothing is happening. Again, the story follows K and his immediate surroundings. K takes Deckard to meet his daughter and the movie ends there. We don't know what's happening in the bigger scope. Wallace might be going mental right now inside his pyramid, but we don't see this because the story follows K.

Do I need to rewatch the original to enjoy 2049 better? I watched some "normal" version and then the director cut version but it was like a decade ago.

Not really. The throwbacks aren't really relevant and the story would work exactly the same if the returning characters were replaced with new characters.

It's nice to refresh your mind a bit, but it's not necessary.

There's a few accpetions.

>I think the whole "Movies women can never understand" meme is pretty silly
you DO realize women brains operate on a whole different level than men's, right? wait, you don't, denying reality is much easier to do.

sure it's a male centered film but there's characters for women to identify with.

Was in a cinema on BR2049 with my girlfriend. She was one of three women in the room, there were about 70 people. The "movies women can never understand" is not a meme, nor it's silly.

hey idiot, studios get like 50% of box-office money. you think cinemas air movies for free? commie idiot.

Luv had no problem tracking K when he was searching for the orphanage. If he went to see Deckard with an old abandoned vehicle or something then the whole invading the LAPD and killing the boss lady would make sense, but no he ran with his fucking police car. It's retarded that they don't show what exactly happens at the LAPD, it's like they are purposefully omitting the action scenes to make the movie more boring. >oh so you want to see trinity matrxi-type action with one girl taking 20 men. No but if that's what actually happened then it's gonna be ridiculous whether you show it or not, so might as well show it.

>Luv had no problem tracking K when he was searching for the orphanage.
Holy shit you're a complete retard. Did you miss the part where he broke the Emanator's antenna? Luv was able to track him with the Emanator. He broke the antenna, which is why she went to his place and afterwards the LAPD to try and find him.

The female newscaster on a morning show in Phoenix, AZ said that this was her movie of the year

just put one of these cameras after his ass or a tracking device under his car, there are a million better ways to do it rather than one replicant breaking into the LAPD which they didn't even want to show how she done to avoid shattering people's suspension of disbelief.

retard

Maybe one woman in 10,000,000 will ever get Blade Runner 2049. It just doesn't contain anything that resonates with them. They'd have to have some kind of female autism.

if you remember who rachel and deckard are and what happens to them in the end you know everything you need.

They never felt the need to put a tracking device on him since they had one already. It's called Joi's emanator and it worked perfectly until Joi broke her programming and told K to remove her from the console and break the antenna.

Unable to locate K, Luv went to the police department and killed Joshi to use her console to find K.

Like Luv said, she'll just tell Wallace that Joshi tried to shoot her. Replicants "never lie" as she said, meaning people assume that replicants obey orders and never lie. So obviously, Luv couldn't have killed Joshi except for in self-defense. Add to that the fact that the LAPD is corrupt as hell and Wallace has massive power over them and it's not hard to imagine that she got off scot-free.

Is this real ?

Men's problems will always be abstract to women, women don't have to worry about them to be taken care of

Someone make one of those pictures that says Average J.

Is it possible that they weren't suppose to sympathize with K but Luv instead? She essentially embodied the modern woman that is crazy to please a man that does not love her back because he is powerful.

you all still read it didnt you
these pieces literally exist to make people angry

Luv is definitely a tragic character that the audience can also sympathize with. She's very similar to K in a way, yet unlike K she never manages to break free. There was a great article on her that I saw posted on Sup Forums a few days ago. I wish I could find it again.

The scene where Halt and Catch Jizz mocks K with "you don't like real girls" is the female reception of this film in microcosm. K will alienate most female viewers by appearing disinterested in their attention; "weird"; and by being insusceptible to their wiles in trying to obtain power over him becomes anathema to women; a thing to be feared and destroyed. That he ultimately helps Deckard reunite with his daughter is all that indemnifies him against this but by then 99% of women will have tuned him out entirely.

Found it:

rogerebert.com/balder-and-dash/tears-of-a-machine-the-humanity-of-luv-in-blade-runner-2049

>thinks women want to identify with a robot slave whos only unique feature of the entire line of roboslaves is that she will do or say anything wallace tells her to regardless of her baseline or legality. Hence even more a slave than the ones who would refuse to harm innocent humans.

L O N D O N

>it's a confusing, poorly written movie

I never understand how retards and women say this. When there's a bump in the night who goes and checks it out? Your dad. Whenever there is a threat fathers are the ones who deal with it. I really don't understand how you could be so idiotic to say the guy is generalizing women, then generalize men off of deadbeat fathers which happen as much as shitty moms. It's not like there's literally thousands and thousands of years of real stories with fathers and mothers dying trying to save their kid. It's ya know kinda hard wired into you that you protect your kid. Now what you won't find is women standing up and risking their lives to save random people or other women like you find men do.

let me guess, are you central-american?

someone should kill you irl

>i'm a retarded woman

In the case of Blade Runner, of course women can understand, anyone can if they try. I think the better world would be "relate".
There's no doubt that there are a fair number of scenes, especially the Joi scene, that will resonate greatly with a certain demographic of people. Those people being mostly men that have experienced overwhelming loneliness, disappointment and have overall just kinda given up.

Shelley is a honorary man. Frankenstein is a very manly book

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y

it wasn't about being lonely specifically

girls love Her and that was even more geared towards the experience of lonely, introverted men

Because it's not a family picture. The reason why Star Wars and Cape shit are so popular because they are meant to be available for every age.

One of my gal pals loved it

> gal pals
gay

>"everything you want to hear"
>basically 50% of the shit she says pisses Joe off because he doesn't want to hear it

*gay pals, sorry was a typo

Cognitive dissonance, his inner desires contradicts the values of the world.

they didn't show it
ana has never shown it
I WOULD KNOW