STAR WARS THE LAST JEDI IS TOP GROSSING FILM OF THE YEAR

The Last Jedi now exceeds Rogue One in Gross Revenue with only a measly $200 budget.

It's still not shown on Asian countries where around 20-50% of the films total gross revenue is at.

Sup Forums got told hard

You only hate this film because it doesn't fit your usual Star Wars stereotype. Fuck off Millenials. We now welcome our new Disney overlords.

It's tracking to bomb in China and it's still flopping compared to TFA though

Noo......
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

At this point in time Rogue One made 80% of its final gross but TLJ is dropping harder so likely its at ~85% of its total gross.
China is the only market left to open and its predicted to bomb because they are watching a local movie instead
In total it will probably not even reach Beauty and the Beasts WW gross and finish around $800m less than what TFA made

But I guess hundreds of millions in lost profit, angering the fans that would normally buy the merch and visit the x2 Star Wars Land currently under construction will be all worth it in the end. Right?

if it makes 1.3 billion worldwide that's a relative flop

I hate the film because regardless of it shitting on the entire SW lore, it's just a really bad movie. The rape of the lore is just the icing on the cake for some fans

Disney at least achieved what it tried to do, even if the gross won't be as high as they wanted it to be. They achieved many fans not caring about the franchise anymore as well as making the franchise into a successful brand they can milk anytime

This, but Disney fags are clueless, or just flat out lying.

>disney is finished!

>$1 billion profit is a flop

>1 b in ticket sales means 1b profit

I'm not even going to waste a brainlet wojak on you

t. retards who don't know anything about box office

Last Jedi box office legs are so bad it got trashed by FUCKING JUMANJI on monday.
That's right Star Wars is getting beaten by a meme movie from the 90s nobody knows about, AND ITS PLAYING in 500 MORE THEATERS THAN JUMANJI.

Last Jedi domestic box office legs are so bad it's gonna be the only Christmas moneymaker not to make x3 of it's opening weekend.

It's not a big flop as Batman vs Superman but it's still an underperformance.

Also Rogue One had 200 million dollar budget, we don't know what TLJ budget it

They broke even at $800 million. TFA had 2.2 billion revenue, this is going to make less than an avengers film and the long term brand damage will filter through to Solo's box office

I literally hate the movie but you faggots are talking out of our ass. a movie generating that much of a profit can never be conceived as a flop you dimwits. It can be perceived as an underachieving product due to the prospects being set way higher but a flop is something entirely different. I just hate how so many people on this board act as if they know anything about running a business and only know how to repeat some bullshit other faggots have said before

Hmm...

You realise it opened at almost 90% of TFA's opening? It would have ended up at like 1.7 or 1.8 billion if only it hadn't been a shitty film. Rian Johnson cost Disney 500m+

>A main film grosses more than a side-story!
>A multidecade franchise grosses more than a #litty remake
YASSS! A tremendous achievement!

>a movie generating that much of a profit can never be conceived as a flop you dimwits.

Sure it can. Batman v Superman was a flop and it generated a lot of profit.

This movie will make 800 million dollar less than it's predecessor. Sure you might say TFA was an event , first Star Wars etc etc, but remember that TLJ opened only 10% less than TFA, not it's gonna make -37%.

Age of Ultron was considered an underpefromance because it crashed and burned really fast after a huge opening even if it made 1.45 billion which is more than TLJ is gonna make

>China is the only market left to open and its predicted to bomb because they are watching a local movie instead

You forgot South East Asian countries which has like 100 million people per country. If a quarter of them watched it then it would surpass even the The Force Awakens.

Cinema tickets in poor Asian countries cost fuck-all and they only give a tiny slice of the profit to the studios anyway

The film opened in most of south east asia before the US and their tickets don't cost as much. A ticket in the Philippines is $5

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

>Batman v Superman was a flop and it generated a lot of profit
what are you talking about? BvS didn't even manage to get to 900mil and had a budget of about 400-500 (marketing included). that's not nearly the same kind of issue

>This movie will make 800 million dollar less than it's predecessor
and it still broke the 1billion mark you retard, which is almost 200 million more than what BvS made at a (probably) higher budget

>Solo bombs as a result of the fallout from TLJ and its own problems
>Kathleen Kennedy declares that Solo's poor performance means people must be more interested in her brand of nu wars
>Another decade of Tumblr inserts and lore rape

>biggest marketing budget ever
>making almost one billion less than TFA
Yep that's a flop

I just hope that people are smart enough not to only talk crap but actually not go see the new movies anymore. if Ep9 makes anything but less than 1 billion, that will be proof that masses and anons on this board are retarded hypocrites

Even the producers will make more from this movie than what you will earn from your entire life.

Flop my ass.

I will never ruin a brand like Star Wars in three years or less either.

Star wars fans are already retarded before Disney

I don't think you can count user. 3rd place isn't 1st place.
>B-buh it's n-not finished yet!
Well how about waiting until it hit's first before you celebrate.

you're right about that because I actually have friends who liked TLJ. I understand them liking the lore of the new movies (which is hard but whatever) but telling me with a straight face that it was a good movie is downright retarded

You fucking wish, mouse shill. We should start lacing this board with rat poison.

>if Ep9 makes anything but less than 1 billion, that will be proof that masses and anons on this board are retarded hypocrites
How? Anons are a few thousand people which is insignificant direct impact on a film's gross. Sup Forums's power is indirect starting the memes that wash through reddit and facebook. 1 billion revenue on a film with a sky high marketing budget is a small success at best and in the context of TFA and Star Wars, a failure.

>an IT remake is going to make more net profit than Star Wars
Dank timeline

BvS wasn't a flop. It was an underperformer but still a profitable endeavor. If you want flop then look at something like King Arthur or X-Men Apocalypse.

Age of Ultron made 1.3 billion and Whedon got kicked for that because behind the set everyone hated his guts. Civil War made less than that and Russos are still on for Infinity Wars.

because you will know that these retards have watched the movie due to the endless threads about the new movie? it's not hard figuring out who has seen it and who has not, thus making everyone who is whining about or praising Ep9 right after its release a hypocrit in my eyes

>1 billion revenue on a film with a sky high marketing budget is a small success at best and in the context of TFA and Star Wars, a failure
still too many people who have watched that rotting pile of shit

You are a fucking retard. Go read FAQ at box office mojo.

Ultron underperformed by 100 million $ and it was considered a gigantic failure and led to Whedon being fired.

TLJ was projected to make 1.9 billion. It's going to make 1.3 or 1.4 at best. That's under performance of half a billion $.

>50% drop in merch sales
>lol it's doing great guys!

Fuck off mouse.

See
Whedon got fired because everyone hated him. It got so bad even journalists started to pick up on it. Whedon is an extreme manchild with stunted social growth. If they liked him and worked well with him, he would've still been doing Marvel movies. You can bet his Batgirl is also done after people at DC getting a taste of him.

>but still a profitable endeavor

That almost killed DC movies.

That's just a forced meme copy pasta. Don't bother responding.

>"i hate this film so much that I only saw it 5 times"

Star wars fans saying they hate a film can be ignored by everyone, the media, the public, disney, the actors int he films. Everyone.

why am i seeing this everywhere

what a shit meme

Civil War was not a main Avengers movie.

Yet it starred more Avengers than Avengers 1.

>a disney film is outgrossed by another disney film
How will disney ever recover?

Doesn't matter. It was not marketed as such and made more $ than predicted.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

SW toy sales dropped by 47% before Christmas.

It took them just 3 years to ruin the biggest franchise on the planet.

>it wasn't marketed as such
Is that why they shoved fucking everyone in the poster?

Is that fast or slow by the standards of feminism and diversity ruining things?

>i-it's a captain america movie guys
>iron takes more space than cap in the poster
The good old Spiderman Homecoming Syndrome