Has there ever been a single movie or series about slavery that was honest enough to show that they were already slaves...

Has there ever been a single movie or series about slavery that was honest enough to show that they were already slaves in Africa and were traded for by the Americans?

Other urls found in this thread:

thenationalherald.com/133394/greek-president-wants-turkish-apology-for-pontic-genocide/
america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/4/24/for-turks-acknowledging-an-armenian-genocide-undermines-national-identity.html
youtube.com/watch?v=WKWqFKJ1Exc
theroot.com/africans-have-apologized-for-slavery-so-why-won-t-the-1790876029
nbcnews.com/science/science-news/genetic-quest-leads-african-apology-role-slave-trade-f8C11467842
theguardian.com/world/2009/nov/18/africans-apologise-slave-trade
modernghana.com/news/102692/1/ghana-apologizes-to-slaves-descendants.html
probe.org/west-africans-to-african-americans-we-apologize-for-slavery/
youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7HmhrgTuQ
gutenberg.org/ebooks/45631
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes.

God this movie was pure shit

t. racist

It really was. Pacing was horrible, it seemed like McQueen was in a rush to get the movie over with. Acting was mostly subpar (Lupita whatshername and Fassbender were the only standouts), framing and composition felt too much like a stage production, the worst Hans Zimmer soundtrack of all time. I honestly wish I could go back in time and spend the money I paid to see it on Taco Bell.

like 10-20% were

And they were enslaved by rival ethnicitys during wars, like every society did.

Thats like the Ottomans saying to Eastern Europeans "well you were already conquering and enslaving each other"

Goodbye uncle Tom! maybe?
I don't know, I haven't seen it.

I agree. It isn't moral to excuse your own bad acts by pointing to others doing the same.

>Thats like the Ottomans saying to Eastern Europeans "well you were already conquering and enslaving each other"
How often are Turks forced to apologize for the treatment of Eastern Euros?

thenationalherald.com/133394/greek-president-wants-turkish-apology-for-pontic-genocide/

america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/4/24/for-turks-acknowledging-an-armenian-genocide-undermines-national-identity.html

LOL all the time

I can't be racist, I'm half black

They'll acknowledge this as soon as they acknowledge some free blacks owned slaves, both black or non-black.

>genocide
>slavery

>ou are one fucking retard. Turks apologized to the Baltics by leaving around 2 mio turkish bodies there.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

interesting

The worst part was the self insert of the producer that recited the moral of the film halfway through.

youtube.com/watch?v=WKWqFKJ1Exc

Armistad

SHOW US DE REAL WAY

i heard when europe was poor and ignorant and the muslim world was rich and intellectually vigorous they were selling their own population as slaves. vienna especially was at it hard and got reprimanded often by the pope, lol. that's fucked up. could make an interesting movie.

Oh yeah I was trying to leave that part out, because it was hands down the worst, most shameful thing in the whole movie. Casting himself in the role of the bestest, goodest, most morally upstandingest white guy is borderline masturbatory. He did the same thing in The Big Short as well, casting himself as the honest trader who had a conscience and made everyone feel guilty about getting rich off the deal. The level of messiah complex Brad Putt must have would make Christ blush.

half racist

It is when some are making the case that it transfers original sin/sins of the father onto the white race and nobody else, you faggot shit licker.
Particularly when whites were the only group who put a fucking stop to the practice, fuck face.

t. now has AIDS.

It's not excusing bad acts, but 1. The state of slavery in the US is grossly exaggerated, with regards to how many slaves came here -- same goes for slave owners; 2. Slaves were treated FAR worse elsewhere.

Yeah, yeah, it's bad, etc. but it was nowhere near as bad as it's made out to be in the US. Nary a peep of slavery outside of the US.

EBIN
NEW
MEEM

Roots Remake shows black guys hunting other blacks and selling them

African tribes have repeatedly apologized and offered amends

>In 1999 the president of Benin, a neighbor of Nigeria, apologized for his nation’s role in slavery. In 2006 Ghana apologized to American descendants of slaves. A few months ago a Cameroonian chieftain apologized to an African American who’d traced his lineage to a couple of local clans. Other West African tribal leaders have done the same.

theroot.com/africans-have-apologized-for-slavery-so-why-won-t-the-1790876029

nbcnews.com/science/science-news/genetic-quest-leads-african-apology-role-slave-trade-f8C11467842

theguardian.com/world/2009/nov/18/africans-apologise-slave-trade

modernghana.com/news/102692/1/ghana-apologizes-to-slaves-descendants.html

probe.org/west-africans-to-african-americans-we-apologize-for-slavery/

Book of Negroes.

It was eye rolling holy shit. Completely undermined the whole damn thing too but yeah the pacing was pretty fucked anyways. It needed more time establishment beyond just seeing his kids age like 10 times what the main character did.

The Pacific Journal of Adam Ewing portion of Cloud Atlas is about a guy on a slave ship that bought African slaves to sell in America

Yeah seeing Chiwetel not age even slightly save for a touch of grey hairs was laughable.

ironic thing, that the current african americans, that those africans apologise to, have it much better than them, thanks to slavery back then.

Amistad

>like 10-20% were

are you telling me that 80-90% of african slaves in the transatlantic slave trade were captured and enslaved by europeans as opposed to simply being bought by europeans?

Where is your evidence for this?

But the eastern euros were fucking with eachother all the time we brought stability,safety and infrastructure to them.
Whereever the ottoman empire conquered they built roads,bridges, coffeehouses and bathing houses.

That character exists in the original memoir. And what does it matter if Pitt or someone else plays it. It's not like he created a savior character for him to play.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7HmhrgTuQ

The memoir sucks. What do you say to that?

>Benedict Cumberbatch negotiates payment of a few new slaves, a big point is made that he can't afford more than a few
>some random boat worker just shanks a slave and he gets dropped overboard with no drama

Based on the true biography of a real slave.

This was a really good movie
Sup Forumstards opinions on it, as always, are irrelevant

Was it at least a little more humble than the film? To spitball a picture and cast yourself as that character shows some crazy hubris.

I do not care at all. The movie is not really good either, but that is not because of Pitt.

Pretty sure the guy in Amistad got sold off by other Africans

>Whereever the ottoman empire conquered they built roads,bridges, coffeehouses and bathing houses.
HHHHHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

gutenberg.org/ebooks/45631

The difference is slavery in most parts of the world was Roman-style where a slave could buy their own freedom and sue their owner - basically the rule was if you conquer a place, you enslave their people. British slavery saw non-whites as subhuman and treated them like property with no rights whatsoever.

Are you denying a well known fact?
There used to be more but when the balkans got independence they set out to remove any 'turkish influences', so they destroyed it all.

>Roman-style where a slave could buy their own freedom and sue their owner
Only if the owner allowed it. And sueing their owner? You mean after gaining their freedom?

The Islamic world has always been barbaric. The "golden age of Islam" is just mudslimes taking credit for areas of civil progress and intellectualism/science/math/philosophy in places like Syria which were majority Christian at the time. All the areas that had qualities that are heralded in the "Golden Age" were not muslim, they were mostly Christian.

Didn't he do it to acquire more financial backing or something?

Most scientists were muslim though faggot.

America is the only country to enact chattel slavery on grounds of race exclusively. The only fucking one. So you can go if you're going to portray intraracial slavery or any other type to be as bad as the kind America implemented where Africans were viewed as literal property based on skin color. The other types of slavery you're all mentioning to absolve your white ancestors or kinsman were more akin to indentured servitude.

America's slavery was egregious and a large part of the reason the social climate is what it is today.

>America is the only country to enact chattel slavery on grounds of race exclusively.
Puhhhhrooooooove it

All that already existed from the greeks/romans you balkanomutt

WE BUILD DEMS ROADS AND SHIET
DAR RIGHT

Educate yourself. Even if you mean America as continent, and not country, that is incorrect.

>these movies still act like slaves were entirely disposable and killed on a whim constantly
>they always imply that they were farming 24/7, 365 days a year under all circumstances

There was the series about the Texas-Mexico war which portrayed the one slave they had there pretty accurately.

McQueen is an embarrassing doorman and garbage man who stole a legendary actor's name.

roots shows them also having free time,
slave children playing with their owners children, celebrating marriages, etc.
and certainly there are other films portraying this stuff too.
Btw how is the 84 TV Adaptaton of 12 years; Solomon Northup's Odyssey ?

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.